So there have been a lot of requests for a radio/jukebox style deal on Elliquiy

Started by Vekseid, September 26, 2009, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

A decade ago, this would have been legally impossible. But, there is actually quite a lot of good, free music out there, e.g. Hania:

http://hania.newgrounds.com/audio/

Problem of course being that 90% of everything is crap.

So... anyone feel like picking out good artists who release their music under a creative commons or gfdl license like Hania does here? : )

DarkAngel

So if I find a Radio station's that is free I can post.. Wondering how this works??

Lone

Are you saying get the free good stuff, and make an E-Station?

If so, we can always use NEW-grounds techno/industrial type stuff..

Almost ALL of new grounds is GU, so all I can say is get a play-list and host which I have no problem doing myself. Just, more info would be nice.
Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

Vekseid

Quote from: DarkAngel on September 26, 2009, 12:53:01 PM
So if I find a Radio station's that is free I can post.. Wondering how this works??

No, the actual songs need to be free as in liberated - I need to be able to host and distribute them without royalties.

Lilias

We could always create a Last.fm account, and PM whoever is appointed admin with artists to be added to its library...
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Vekseid

Not going to make features dependent on having an account elsewhere. Really, I just want to have the jukebox be a nice little unobtrusive little feature hanging out in the upper left corner so people can wonder "I wonder what this does?" and click >_>

Lone

Goodbye is forever...A broken heart never heals, it only forgets. So please do not remind me....
O n O

Trieste

Jonathan Coulton is the only artist I know who releases his songs like that.

Lone

Quote from: Trieste on September 26, 2009, 01:30:19 PM
Jonathan Coulton is the only artist I know who releases his songs like that.

I must say, -IF- we have a play-list, we have to have Code Monkey on it somewhere.

-nodnods-

Speaking of, technically we can use any music we want really, as long as it is not hit by the WMG (Correct me if that is the wrong term) then we should be allowed to host. I have seen SEVERAL other websites do this same thing and use commercial music. I think as long as we distribute the music for free then we are out of harms way.

I mean it's not like we are trying to woo the nation with our mad tunes and commercial free airtime, it would only be a button at the top of the list. I am going to try and whipcraka two play-list up, a non-com and a semi-com play-list. I don't expect much but we can always try you know, also...I am just that bored.
O n O

Vekseid

I'm not even going to entertain the argument, I will not host commercial music.

Lone

O n O

The Dark Raven

This is probably late outside the scheme of things but...hey I'm perpetually behind...lol

I know that most, if not all, classical music is now public domain (i.e., Mozart, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, etc)

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Vekseid

Quote from: daylily on September 28, 2009, 05:04:16 PM
This is probably late outside the scheme of things but...hey I'm perpetually behind...lol

I know that most, if not all, classical music is now public domain (i.e., Mozart, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, etc)

The music is, performances are not, necessarily.

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.