News:

Main Menu

Batman: Arkham City

Started by Inkidu, August 13, 2010, 01:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

That's right I just got done reading "Game Informer's" spread on the new Arkham game and I'm pumped. From everything I read they're taking the right steps. They're improving on what they've got instead of totally changing it or being completely stagnant. Bat toys can be used in fight like spraying a thug's back with explosive gel and then detonating it. The forensics are getting bigger parts and the team is working on expanding the playground. Several side quest like events are said to be there as well like a deadly game of phone tag with Zaasz.

Thoughts, general excitement, did you even know?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Hemingway

I read about this a week or two ago, and I'm getting a little excited. I just hope they include things like the Chronicles of Arkham. Damn, those were creepy!

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on August 13, 2010, 02:38:16 PM
I read about this a week or two ago, and I'm getting a little excited. I just hope they include things like the Chronicles of Arkham. Damn, those were creepy!
Yeah the later ones especially.

Actually I like the idea of thrown object countering the best. No more getting hit with T.V. like things they rip off the wall!
I wonder if they'll include an option to turn off counter cues? I beat AA on hard but I'd rather play without the cues on any level. It looks so much more bad ass.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Brandon

The game will be utter crap down to the bone marrow, or at least thats what Im telling myself till I acctually play it. Then if Im disappointed, no problem, but if its good its just that much better  ;D
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Dunnuck

was it a cover story for GI? The last I seen was Dragon Age 2

Jocelyn Isnt Here

XD I was soo psyched when I saw the trailer. I loved the first game Arkham Asylum. They said this one would be more interactive and give the player more to deal with I guess in terms of choosing between things of importance. I would love it if they had the little mini games on this one too.
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."

Inkidu

Quote from: Dunnuck on August 14, 2010, 07:47:24 PM
was it a cover story for GI? The last I seen was Dragon Age 2
Yep, the September one. The cover art is exceptional, but G.I. is usually good on that these days with the panoramic front to back cover art.

Sabby

Quote from: Inkidu on August 13, 2010, 02:41:23 PMI wonder if they'll include an option to turn off counter cues? I beat AA on hard but I'd rather play without the cues on any level. It looks so much more bad ass.

AA has that option, I think.

Dunnuck

Arkham Asylum you can take them off...I actually think it is gone on hard. Scratch that, they ARE gone on hard

Sabby

On the discussion of co-op...

Co-Op is NOT a bad thing in and of itself. But lately, dev's seem to thing that just adding Co-Op play means they got a sequel :/ Look at Lost Planet 2. Same game, same issues, a few minor changes, but it's okay... because it's Left 4 Dead with mechs and giant bugs. People will play that, and less work is done.

If you ask me, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is the way Co-Op should be. Have a separate campaign mode specifically for the Co-Op, with a pair/group designed to compliment each others skills.

So if Catwomen means theres guna be Co-Op, I just hope it's not forced into the campaign mode. Hoping I get to play as her though. Like fast fighting better then Batman's stuff.

Inkidu

Quote from: Sabby on August 25, 2010, 07:18:47 AM
On the discussion of co-op...

Co-Op is NOT a bad thing in and of itself. But lately, dev's seem to thing that just adding Co-Op play means they got a sequel :/ Look at Lost Planet 2. Same game, same issues, a few minor changes, but it's okay... because it's Left 4 Dead with mechs and giant bugs. People will play that, and less work is done.

If you ask me, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory is the way Co-Op should be. Have a separate campaign mode specifically for the Co-Op, with a pair/group designed to compliment each others skills.

So if Catwomen means theres guna be Co-Op, I just hope it's not forced into the campaign mode. Hoping I get to play as her though. Like fast fighting better then Batman's stuff.
Even if she's in campaign mode it would still be good to have her with her own abilities and toys instead of bat-toy clones.

Like: Sure she has the whip for a grapple but can't glide like Bats or she doesn't have explosive gel or baterangs but moves faster or something. Her whip also doubles as a weapon where batman's batclaw really isn't one. If they do co-op they should make it optional and not have sections of the single player story that need an A.I. Catwoman.