Where to place my group RP?

Started by GraveDigger, September 17, 2017, 07:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraveDigger

Apologies in advance as I'd imagine this question likely gets asked a lot >____>;

I did find category explanations in the rules but I really don't want to be the nimrod who places their RP in the wrong section. From what I read, it sounds like it would fall into "Light", I guess?

QuoteLight - This is for sexual roleplays and stories that do not involve any sort of bondage, non-consensual sex, or otherwise graphic scenes.

The group RP I may be posting isn't necessarily sexual in nature but it also doesn't befit the non-adult sections due to language and potential violence via combat, death, etc. This is the first time I've been on a RP site organized like this one so I'm a bit baffled on where to place it. So many sections! xD

Essentially it's a sort of dark parody to mutant academies and the like. Everyone in it is a student with special elemental powers [non-human and human alike] that attend the school. Starts off with fluff and rainbows, then gets down into some gruesome, nitty-gritty where it's like, "The fuck did I just get myself into?" Eventually, the party has to decide whether they bail out or if they want to press on to save this and that.

I don't wanna say too much lest I reveal important plot bits. Here's the picture I usually use in the OOC that describes it a bit:
STUFF AND THINGS ARE HERE YEEEE

Mind you, the OOC has more info than just the picture bit >~>; but yeeee...

So, where would I place this? The sexual situations that "may" occur would likely more so be implied via potential player romances. It's definitely not anything plot related, by any means. Violence would come into play in fight scenes and plot twists.

TL;DR: Where do I place a RP that may potentially have some fighting violence and foul language befitting a mature section, but will be lacking in the banging in the sack department? xD

Nadir

I'd go for light - if you feel it's getting dark you can always always talk to an O level to move it for you~

GraveDigger

Too true! :> Without knowing the players Imma get it'd be hard to tell quite how dark it's gonna get.

Oniya

Also, moving things is very easy for staffers.  Even easier if we're given a link to the thread that needs shifting.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

GraveDigger

Sweetness :> I'll have to get to making it then. My companion wants it desperately xD