PF-erized Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Started by LisztesFerenc, January 15, 2016, 02:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muse

I see!  I apologise for missing that.  :)  That makes it a lot more ballanced now.  I'll adjust. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Muse

okay, fixed.  :)  Dropped the Endure Elements tatoo to cover the Tatoo of Resistence +1.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Ixy

Quote from: LisztesFerenc on January 21, 2016, 04:29:15 PM
  That does sound good, so let’s make the following changes:
Prehensile tail and Scaled Skin remain unchanged
You need to find a new feat instead Defensive Combat Training, which could be Fiendish Heritage, then rather than rolling on the table you simply swap Darkness for Contact Outer Planes with the above limitations (but CoP allows one word questions, not just yes/no ones, to make up for the unreliability). I like the ideas you have for the how divination works.

Regarding the new rules for tiefling’s, I never saw the point. The tiefling was a complete race without it, and unlike the dhampir and skinwalker, it has more than enough alternate racial traits to keep it versatile (11 vs. the dhampires 5 and the skinwalkers 1). Even requiring a feat, the option to take it is still an advantage, and as for aasimars, I’d rather they had to take a feat to change their heritages too, instead of giving a huge dose of versatility to a race that doesn’t need it.
Alright-- I've changed DCT to Fiendish Heritage, and changed Commune for Contact Outer Planes.  Hope that it works out, and I look forward to how this game pans out

LisztesFerenc

Okay, after much, painful deliberation, I think I have the party:

Pockets with Kiera Felldrake
Ixy with Stela Raynov
Blinkin with Lydia Lovelady
TheGlyphstone with Ebron Stavros
Chulanowa with Keely Truffwhizzit
Muse with Melisandre Whitethorn

OOC thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=243294.0

To those who did not make it:
PhantomPistoleer with Hector – Hector was a solid character with the tragic backstory, but the character ended being similar to Pocket’s Paladin and I wanted to see how a variant multiclass character performed, and there wasn’t really enough room for both characters.

Veinexes with Greeck – I did like the goblin who had embraced a humanoid faith and life style, but ultimately Greek was rather similar Keely, in the whole “small ranged character” department, so I had to choose one, and I wanted to see what the kineticist played. Unfortunately I did not have enough room to add both of you for the blossoming gnome/goblin romance.

Zaer Darkwail with Iorthir Icesong the Half-Born – The Viking elves were a good invention, and there was potential with the finding Janessa plot hook, but with Iorthir there would have been 3 melee characters in the party, and so I went with the other two, since they both had more relevant abilities for the setting.

Even so, it was difficult making those cuts. If spaces open up, do you want to be notified?

PhantomPistoleer

Yes, please let me know if a position opens up!  =D
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, sad I did not make the cut but inform me if one melee chars drop out and position opens :)

LisztesFerenc

So far progress has been a little slow, the party is in the process of dealing with a zombie/undead blight in the town of Barovia. Looking for a couple of new characters to replace those that had to leave. Still level 6, see OP for character creation guidelines. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post them in this thread.

Revelation

Is there anything the group might need character wise?

Dilaculo

Or, alternatively, who is left and what roles and classes are they using?

Muse

*waves*  My character is an alchemist. 

TheGlyphstone

Playing a Warder (ToB tank class with some limited in-combat healing).

Revelation

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on June 15, 2016, 01:07:26 AM
Playing a Warder (ToB tank class with some limited in-combat healing).

That's from the dreamscarred press path of war, right?

Ooooh, being able to play something from that makes this oh so tempting.

Sinestra

Did someone say- RAVENLOFT?!

And now I need to do some poking. Is this first come first serve, applicant screening etc?
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Blinkin

"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Sinestra on June 15, 2016, 03:30:59 AMDid someone say- RAVENLOFT?!

Well, Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. This doesn't take place on the demiplane of Ravenloft, but rather takes the most iconic realm from there and puts it in a more traditional fantasy setting.

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 15, 2016, 03:20:00 AMAnd now I need to do some poking. Is this first come first serve, applicant screening etc?

If more people apply than I have room for the game, it wouldn't be first come first serve, I would look over which ones complement the party mechanically, would fit in with the others personality wise and which ones I find the most interesting.

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 15, 2016, 03:20:00 AMThat's from the dreamscarred press path of war, right?

Ooooh, being able to play something from that makes this oh so tempting.

Yes, Path of War has been okay-ed and I will consider other 3rd party/homebrew on request.

Sinestra

Okay so you have

A tank
A alchemist
A Jack Sparrow (ish)

Do you want a healer?
Maybe a combat rogue?
Gunslinger?
Melee off tank?
Arcane explosions?
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Sinestra on June 15, 2016, 06:44:05 AM
Do you want a healer?
Maybe a combat rogue?
Gunslinger?
Melee off tank?
Arcane explosions?

Same questions from my part and also voice interest. I could cover melee off tank with my earlier 'elf viking' concept, but I am also interested make a arcane caster who makes things go boom in battlefield (probably a tiefling sorcerer/wizard or a warlock).

Muse

Some divine power, especialy with healing, would be pretty awesome in my book.  Currently we're reliant on my brewing potiosn to mend our wounds. 

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, Sinestra, how sounds we work our chars together? They could know each other already or even be related (twins, brother and sister etc). You get pick do you want go more divine/healing type char or other char (arcane boom power maybe).

Blinkin

It's more a Jaclyn Sparrow than a Jack.. and I'm actually closer to the original 3 Musketeers than Sparrow.

The original party was a group of adventurers who had worked together off and on in the past and knew each other, so something that links new characters to the party would be nice. Maybe a sort of, "Wow, what are you doing here? Whatcha been up to?" maybe?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Fey

I'd like to submit a support cleric of Shelyn, if you allow the Golarion deities (I don't think I'm up to making my own). If you have a pantheon in mind you'd rather I use, I'd be happy to choose from that, too. :)

Revelation

I'm looking at making a melee war lord for now, up close and personal in a fight. Backup option includes a ranged stalker.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Blinkin on June 15, 2016, 08:58:29 AM
The original party was a group of adventurers who had worked together off and on in the past and knew each other, so something that links new characters to the party would be nice. Maybe a sort of, "Wow, what are you doing here? Whatcha been up to?" maybe?

This could work. I think it’s more important the new players know each other, and where then also invited via a letter similar to the one your group received. For familiarity they obviously won’t be as well known to you as you are to each other, but you could have definitely met before in as city or on a mission.

Quote from: Sinestra on June 15, 2016, 06:44:05 AM
Do you want a healer?
Maybe a combat rogue?
Gunslinger?
Melee off tank?
Arcane explosions?

I have no real preference, all of those are good. Feel free to co-ordinate your choice with the players and other applicants.

Quote from: Ysariel on June 15, 2016, 11:43:49 AM
I'd like to submit a support cleric of Shelyn, if you allow the Golarion deities (I don't think I'm up to making my own). If you have a pantheon in mind you'd rather I use, I'd be happy to choose from that, too. :)

Yes we are using Golarion deities for the most part, so a cleric of Shelyn works well.

Quote from: Changingsaint on June 15, 2016, 11:58:14 AM
I'm looking at making a melee war lord for now, up close and personal in a fight. Backup option includes a ranged stalker.

Both of those should work. One thing to bear in mind when making a war lord, a lot of your enemies will be undead, and as such immune to mind affecting abilities (but not sneak attack and crits, since this is Pathfinder).

Revelation

Most of what I wanna do as a warlord is just hit things really hard. Most things aren't immune to a ton of damage at least  ;D

Though I am still undecided between the two. the thought of making a holy archer is also quite fun. I'll work on a sheet tonight.

TheGlyphstone

I certainly wouldn't mind a melee buddy - it's a lot easier for me to protect people when they're close to me.