Deviations - The Reorganization (Large Group, Superhuman, Semi-freeform)

Started by RampantDesires, March 26, 2014, 05:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renegade Vile

Thank you for the speedy answers Batman, Aribeth and RampantDesires. They all made it quite clear to me. I'll look into the other profiles to make sure my character won't be similar to those you mentioned, Rampant, but considering I have a few relatively unique twists to add, I don't think there will be a lot of overlap.

I'll whip up a profile by tonight at the earliest.
<< Unavailable for New Games >>

Renegade Vile

I have finished my suggested profile. Any feedback or critique is more than welcome. I'll also gladly answer any questions.

Character:

Name: Daniel Mertens
Ethnicity: Flemish Dutch
Sex: Male
Relationship Status: Single / Divorced
Previous (Or current) Profession: Police Department Homicide Detective (Previous), Private Investigator (Current)

Appearance:

Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Skin: Pale Caucasian
Weight: ±85kg
Height: 192cm (±6'3")
Other: Tall and possessing a lean swimmer's build, Daniel usually dresses casually and comfortably while possessing a decent understanding of male fashion. He tends to neglect shaving or grooming, resulting in a rather messy beard, which gets shaved off entirely whenever it gets long enough to annoy him. His hair, while always clean, doesn't see a comb very often which gives him an odd mix of dressing neatly, but otherwise looking a bit untidy.

Information:

Personality: Daniel is primarily characterized by his calm demeanor and introspective nature. Contrary to popular belief, being introverted does not mean being awkward or anti-social. If anything, his line of work demands he keep good relations with other people, most notably witnesses and suspects. He is the type to almost always remain quiet unless he has something useful to say and tends to keep his private life to himself. On the flipside, he gets terribly annoyed whenever his time is being wasted on frivolous conversation when there are more important things to do. Chatty people who ramble on and seem to want to ask personal question after personal question will find that he isn't keen on releasing anything to the public. Strangely enough, he tends to be a bit hypocritical in that area as he wastes no time observing others, attempting to satisfy his curiosity and learn all there is to know about them. He won't step over any lines, but he will study an individual closely. Rooted partly in job-related habits dying hard, and partly in a paranoid streak, he only does so to figure out whether or not someone is trustworthy.

With a stern appearance and thoughtful gaze, he is almost the textbook example of an intense, contemplative thinker. His mind never stops working and he tends to voice his opinion when it isn't requested, when he feels they should listen to someone a little less impulsive than the norm. Terribly cautious, Daniel hates risks and usually doesn't consider any reward worth a substantial risk. Always stepping through his motions in his head, he can come across as being a bit wooden and overly serious. He does possess a healthy sense of humor, however, it just tends to be very dry, witty and even akin to gallows humor at times. Not one for small talk, he is a very good listener and people have often confided in him. He has an air of being trustworthy that is hard to deny. He gives out brief, concise advice to those who seek it and presents himself as being utterly unbiased in many matters.

A cool head on steady shoulders, he isn't quick to anger and his pragmatic approach to nearly every problem in life has led to him being accused of lacking empathy in the past. It is true that he isn't the warmest of individuals, but his heart is usually in the right place, and when he feels someone is in danger, he will stop at nothing to try and help them in whatever way he can. Definitely possessing a tendency for self-sacrifice, he often neglects himself for the benefit of others, which has aided in giving him a very solemn and stern demeanor.

Background: Daniel was born in Flanders, Belgium, to a regular family and lived a perfectly regular life throughout his childhood. Not particularly gifted in any mental of physical way, his grades were good enough to allow him to do higher studies and so, as was the norm, he did so. Since he was young, his main field of interest had always been detective work. A mix of interest in what made people tick and a fascination with forensic procedures were the root of his desires to join the police force. To boot, he had always enjoyed games of logic and thinking, being steps ahead of someone else or being able to discern their plans, past and present, with only the bare minimum of given information. Having found his niche, he excelled in his studies and it was around this time that he met a woman he thought would be the love of his life, and for 9 years, she was. A few years into their relationship, his then-wife had decided to move back to the US as a career move and Daniel had no issues with uprooting and relocating with her. Now living in America, it didn't take him long to climb the ranks of the police force there, given his sterling reputation from back home, and he made detective soon after. Things did not stay particularly happy for very long, however.

Ever since slipping a ring on her finger, his wife had always stayed with him purely for convenience. He was a stable force, much more so than most of the men she had been involved with in the past. He was far more suited to raise a child with, but she never truly loved him. Twisted in a way, she never stopped seeing lovers on the side, keeping it from him. Blissfully ignorant, it took longer than one would expect for her to become sloppy in covering her tracks and when Daniel finally learned about the years of unfaithfulness, their 6-year old daughter was the biggest victim. Now, two years later, Daniel barely ever sees his little girl, as the battle in court had not gone particularly well for him. Deciding to relocate, he is fortunate if he sees her once a month, usually when the mother is too preoccupied with her career to find a babysitter during an especially busy week. The fact that she had always been the apply of his eye didn't help the feelings of helplessness.

In his work, things did not go much better. Daniel had always known that justice was blind, it was an essential principle, but that she was foolish enough to trick was another matter entirely. In his early naivety, he had always believed that sufficient proof would spell doom for anyone that commits horrible crimes against their fellow man. But every time a murderer or rapist was released on a technicality or sentenced to serve time barely befitting the punishment, he lost more and more faith. After all, he was the one who had to try and explain to the loved ones left behind why the one who committed the crime was being let off easy. At first, he tried to drown his guilt and lost ways in alcohol, but he quickly realized the serious problems he was trying to ignore and renounced the bottle forever, instead trying to be more proactive. In the following years, he began to dabble more and more in doing what he could, sometimes illegally, to get convictions of individuals involved in horrific crimes that were all too obviously guilty, but had the money and connections to get off scott-free. This didn't last. As expected, some of his misconduct was discovered by colleagues who couldn't turn a blind eye, and Daniel was discharged.

Now fully disillusioned, the bad divorce and corrupt justice system had broken any trust he had in the status quo. Having become a tremendously skilled and experienced criminal investigator over the years, he decided to turn to private detective work to pay the rent and began to do moderately well for himself. A year after striking out on his own, Daniel had himself injected with the flu vaccine like many others that lived in Glenside, only to find himself falling horribly ill for almost a week. During the time he was bedridden, he began to notice something had changed about himself. An avid reader of books on almost any subject under the sun, he started to realize he could recount entire passages from books, just from memory. Some nights, he would lie awake and find himself able to reiterate dozens of pages of a book on advanced physics he had read earlier that week, as if the letters were right there, in front of him. Simple experimentation led him to believe he had, somehow, been given eidetic memory. Completely puzzled, he refused to turn to doctors for help, for fear of the sheer amount of tests they might be willing to perform on him. Instead, he focused on his reading, renting book after book from libraries and online sources, for entire weeks. Between work, he would spend all of his time with his nose between the pages. While his memory couldn't help him understand the material, it was already amazing that just about anything he saw, heard or witnessed just stuck in his head. People he watched while on duty were crystal clear to him days later. He could describe with terrifying accuracy what a specific individual had been wearing and how they had been behaving.

It wasn't until he began to get more job requests to find missing persons the police weren't doing anything about that he began to put the pieces together. The flu vaccine? His curiosity piqued, he began to research the vaccine, where it had come from, and more. While most ended up giving him no answers, he did eventually find enough personal proof to link the gifts bestowed upon him to the vaccines. Moreover, he was almost entirely certain the string of disappearances was involved as well. He would get to the bottom of it all, before the men in black suits were at his door to take him away...

Symptoms:
  • Heightened Intelligence: SL - 1 - Photographic Memory

Hobbies and Interests:

• Humanism: Sharing a lot of traits with humanist thinkers, Daniel has very few subjects he doesn't find at least somewhat interesting. His personal library contains books on anything from law and criminal investigation, chemistry and physics, sports and politics, down to history and economics. With his memory overdeveloping, everything seems to stick and while it doesn't offer comprehension, learning mathematical equations becomes far easier when you can simply see them before your eyes.
  • Mysteries and Logic Puzzles: Perhaps expected, Daniel is a fan of anything that will challenge his mind and rationality. While not a genius in terms of scientific expertise, his intuition, problem solving and reasoning skills are well honed over years of exercising a hobby so easy to find.
  • Boxing: An avid boxer since he turned 15, Daniel has been practicing the sport for most of his life. While he could try his hand at practicing it professionally, he knows he doesn't have the talent to do any better than mediocre. However, his fit physique and excellent technique make him an excellent fighter in emergencies and it has been many years since he's ever been knocked down in any fight that breaks out in his presence.
  • Others: Other hobbies and interests include mystery novels, chess, international politics, conspiracy theories (though he rarely finds any of them having any merit to them) and professional boxing.

Note: Not really sure if it is noteworthy or necessary, but as a Belgian-born, Daniel is fluent in Dutch, French and English, good enough in German and has notions of Spanish.

RampantDesires

Daniel looks great, I see no issues with anything in his character sheet so please feel free to move him over into the Active Characters thread and introduce yourself to the group in the OOCs.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

Renegade Vile

Thank you, lady Rampant. I shall do so tomorrow as, for right now, sleep beckons.
I shall see you on the other side.

RockSalt

This looks really really cool but I'm not confident at all that I'd be able to keep up ;__;

Batman4560

The game dosen't move that fast. I encourage you to fill out a sheet.

RockSalt

Rampant actually talked to me about it a bit and after liking the idea enough to spend an hour or two reading all the info threads and stuff, I thought the posting looked laid back enough to justify indulging in the idea =w=; Hopefully my life will stay stable enough that I can keep laying a plenty long time!

I'm kicking some power/idea ideas about as we speak XD

Batman4560

Well if there is anything I can do to help feel free to let me know. :D

ererruz

I've got a funny idea for a character if it's still open to new players :)

RockSalt

RampantDesires

Quote from: ererruz on April 06, 2014, 12:13:51 PM
I've got a funny idea for a character if it's still open to new players :)

I potentially like funny ideas AND new characters, so by all means please feel free to share ererruz I'd love to hear it!

Speaking of new stuff, I'm happy to officially roll out your tracking power suggestion Rock Salt.

QuoteDousing
This ability usually requires a physical focus. Ideally a piece of the object to be found (or something that is closely tied to it) or a personal possession of the person.  Both the target and the focus modify the Devi's effective SL.

Target is being actively hidden (object is disguised as something else, person is trying to 'lay low' and avoid detection)= -1 SL
Focus is a replica or picture with no direct tie = -1SL
No focus, just a general description= -2SL
Devi has a personal relationship with the target (it is something they owned/one of their friends)= +1 SL

Modifiers are cumulative (trying to find someone who is trying to avoid detection with only a picture as focus= -2SL, trying to find a personal item that has been hidden would be -1SL+1SL the modifiers simply negate one another.)

SL1 - Bond is tenuous.  The Devi gets a general sense of where their target is located, but it is vague, a tug in a certain direction and a 'hotter' 'colder' feeling as they track.
SL2 - Bond strengthens now providing a direction and distance for the Deviation to work with. This ability is muted by walls and other obstructions.  (You'd constantly be narrowing the parameters of your search: in the city>in the right district>on the right block>in front of the right building>on the right floor>in that specific room>exact location assuming you could gain access to all of those places.)
SL3 - The location of the item/person is now clear to the Devi once they're within 100 yards of their target. (on the same street/in the same building)
SL4 - Not merely location but the over all state of the person/item they are tracking can be determined. ie person is injured/sleeping/anxious item is locked away/broken/being used ect. The range of the ability triples to 300 yards giving it the radius of about a city block and allowing it to go through large obstructions like walls.
SL5 - Full bonding achieved.  The Devi's range triples yet again to 900 yards, roughly half a mile, and they can now scry upon their target providing a temporary (1 minute or less before a one hour period of rest is required) but full and in real time audio visual link to the immediate area around their target.

Deviants with the psychometry symptom are able to combine SLs  with this one to achieve the higher results with more negative modifiers (though a SL5 bond is still the highest result possible).  <Example> Deviant 1 with Dousing SL4+ Deviant 2 with Psychometry SL2= combine to a SL6 attempt allowing them to scry upon a target with a replica or picture instead of a direct link to their target, or find an object that is being deliberately hidden as long as there is a personal tie.

This symptom will be added to the Mind category.  Please keep in mind that there might be a period of fine tuning where I change some of the wording to make it more clear, but the power itself should be balanced to a point where it is useful without being game breaking at higher levels.

I look forward to seeing your character as well!

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RockSalt

Omg yay! Glad to see it was all worked out! My character's almost done! I should be able to submit him for review tonight!

RockSalt

Character sheet done! You don't know how much I struggled to keep this brief enough to be readable >3>
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Character:

Name: Vance Maywood
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Relationship Status: Single
Previous (Or current) Profession: Was a factory worker and Whatever minimum wage job he could find on the side, but currently unemployed and considering returning to pick pocketing/theft to make ends meet.

Appearance:

Hair: Dark brown, curly, generally unruly and hangs around his eyes in length.
Eyes: Large and a pale grey/blue.
Skin: Pale
Weight: 127
Height: 5’9”
Other: A tired, scrawny looking young man. He has a little bit of a baby-face but looks tired beyond his years thanks to struggling with insomnia. He’s active enough that he might be in decent shape if he ate better, but as it stands he’s skinny as a rail and his choice to wear worn, oversized clothing a majority of the time doesn’t help his appearance. He cleans up well when he puts in the effort, but most of the time it’s easy to tell he’s from the rough side of town. Vance has a habit of trying to mask his emotions and thoughts, though anyone paying close attention can usually pick up on small tells or read his expressive eyes. He has no particularly distinguishing marks.

Information:

Personality: Vance is a pessimist who believes that pretty much the entirety of the human race is irreparably flawed. He pretty much believes everybody is selfish, has their own agenda, and will inevitably hurt someone no matter how “nice” or kind they try to be. Vance does not exclude himself from this assessment, and acknowledges that with his history he’s pretty low on the scale of morality. He has low self esteem, and pretty much has given himself as a lost cause so he rarely does himself the kindness of doing something he wants to do or thinking of his own needs. He cuts his own corners far before cutting any others, which leads to a meager diet and long work hours with little levity.

Vance isn’t great at expressing himself so he tends to purposely aggravate people with bluntness and speaking in as few words as possible. He can be a real little shit when he wants to. This keeps their reactions to what fits his worldview and he doesn’t run the risk of intimacy which scares him. Ha can be curt and callous, but deep down is still kind of the kid who grew up too fast and will sulk when he doesn’t get his way but take secret joy in the small things. If you can get past his intense distrust, there’s a real person beneath his shell.

However, one of the most important things in Vance’s life is his brother, Ryan. Vance is devoted to him wholly, and would die (or kill) for his safety and happiness. Vance has given up on achieving his own happiness and feels he doesn’t deserve it, so he’s made himself a tool for his family’s happiness and success. This has made him one of the hardest workers ever, and you will rarely hear a peep of complaint if he thinks his suffering and energy is going towards this purpose.

Background: Vance was the result of an unwanted teenage pregnancy, one that had his mother kicked out of her home and set him up for a life of struggles. He was raised by his mother alone, who struggled to get enough money for herself and Vance, and it only got worse when she became pregnant again when Vance was five and gave birth to his younger brother. The event seemed to trigger a relapse for his mother who struggled with a drug and alcohol addiction and made their living situation worse. Vance didn’t enter school until he was six, and by the time he was nine he was cutting it constantly in an attempt to bring in some money himself.

Vance quickly latched onto his little brother as his source of hope and motivation. He had a low opinion of himself and very little respect for his mother, but his brother could do no wrong. Vance practically killed himself every day to get money. His experiences with his mother kept him out of all but the very fringes of the drug dealings that happened in the projects. This left an unemployable pre-teen with pretty much only one option for money, theft. What started out as simple purse snatching and shoplifting eventually got more skilled and Vance gained some ability in pick-pocketing. He was however, arrested twice, and on his way to juvie if he messed up again. He was pretty much the adult in the house at the point, doing everything from cooking to grocery shopping to cleaning as his mother remained drunk or high or both. However, as soon as he was old enough to look for work (or at least looked old enough to lie about his age to look for work) he started picking up odd jobs and eventually landed himself a job at a factory.

This stabilized Vance’s life quite a bit, and for quite a few years life was “good,” or at least better than it had been before. His brother Ryan was excelling in school and though their mother was just as out of touch it effected their lives less once Vance got a steady income. Years of putting too much importance and stress on himself had left Vance with troubling bouts of insomnia where he can’t seem to get to sleep without feeling guilty. He was familiar with quite a bit of the city as a kid trying to make money any way he could and so when he runs out of chores to do he’s taken to exploring the city again and finding places to indulge his love of climbing and exercise.

Recently however, due to falling profits and the unstable economy, Vance had to be cut from his long-standing job. Things have gotten desperate especially since Ryan is in his first year of high-school which takes far more time and money than earlier grades. Vance has burnt through what little savings he had managed to keep away from his mother’s addicted fingers and he’s begun shoplifting again to help with paying for groceries. He and his younger brother both received a free flu vaccine at one of the grocery stores (Vance can’t afford to get sick and he’d do anything to prevent Ryan from suffering.) Vance got sick and has just gotten over it, unknowingly becoming a Deviant in the process. His younger brother got sick later, and is currently sick at home though whether he’s received one of the altered doses of the vaccine is not clear yet. Vance isn’t quite aware of his new abilities yet, being rather subtle and requiring concentration to truly activate, but he’s begun sensing something’s strange and has been suffering from constant migraines for the past week.

Symptoms:
Dousing (see symptoms listing for more details)
SL 1 - Bond is tenuous.  The Devi gets a general sense of where their target is located, but it is vague, a tug in a certain direction and a 'hotter' 'colder' feeling as they track.

Hobbies and Interests:
MUSIC – Vance loves classical music desperately, though rarely allows himself to indulge. He has an extremely precise ear and significant talent, but since he’s never been able to nurture it, it’s grown to nothing but a snobbish ability to tell when someone’s off key and some small ability to play the open piano at music shops. He also has mild synesthesia which helps him recall music with extreme clarity.
ANIMALS – Vance may consider people to be inherently flawed, but animals are purer and less scary to him. He owns no pets but will happily interact with animals he runs into on the street. He honestly prefers animals over people (save for his brother.)
EXPLORING/CLIMBING – Vance’s restless nature and wanderlust he can’t indulge in without abandoning his family means he enjoys exploring the city and has made it a challenge to see how many obscure/hard to reach places he can finagle his way into. He’s definitely not at a parkour level but someone with no experience will find him slippery to catch up with if he can make use of this skill.
DOMESTIC SKILLS – Not exactly a hobby, but he’s done pretty much all of chores for his home since he was eight or nine, and so he’s a decent cook and cleans things thoroughly. He’ll retreat into doing small chores when he feels restless and often feels guilty if he’s not actively doing something. There’s ALWAYS something that needs doing.
PLAYING CARDS – Really, it’s his brother Ryan who likes playing cards but with only Vance to play with, it’s rubbed off a bit on him too. He knows quite a few to keep entertained with if he even needs it.
RUNNING AND HIDING – Well, a youth of stealing and pick pocketing gets you some skills even if Vance can barely read…
SLIGHT OF HAND – Shoplifting and pick pocketing mostly, but with his inherent distrust of people Vance likes being able to hide things from them and misdirect them, so he can manage a few slight of hand tricks. This doesn’t overlap with his playing cards ability, so no worries about cheating card-games (he never gambles anyways.)

OOC Ons and Offs: Vance is demisexual homoromantic which means he's attracted to guys but only once he's gotten to know them. Otherwise look at my O&O (broader and more general) and Roleplay Preferences (little specifics)

RampantDesires

Yes! I rather like Vance and look forward to seeing him in action.  While I have no problem with his brother and think it is a good addition to his history I'm curious as to how much of a role you think the younger NPC will have in the game?  Should your answer be 'significant'  how would you feel about slightly altering his age to 16 so that we don't have a lot of under aged characters moving about? (a few of the characters have kids, this is fine, it isn't a required change just a suggestion!)

RockSalt

Eh, he might have significant role, he might not. I don't anticipate a lot of interaction at Vance's (hey wanna see my trashy apartment in the projects and meet my druggie mom? No? Well alright...) but since he is a big part of Vance's backstory and a big part of Vance's life, it's easy to see where he (or at least Vance's attachment to him) might get dragged into events/plots. I like him being 14 becuase he's still young enough to really merit needing looking after to some extent whereas that's less the case with sixteen.

Would it be alright if he stays 14 for now? I don't intend for him to be a huge part of the story but if he does end up being more involved I'm happy to retroactively bump up his age a year or two once that happens!

RampantDesires

No problem :) Go ahead and move him over into the Active Characters thread!

RockSalt

Renegade Vile

Derwaysh

It is with great delight that I would like to express my interest in your wonderful venture. I have been perusing the board for quite awhile now at Timeless's behest and would take great pleasure in formulating a character.

I was wondering if there's anybody or any particular personality-type you were looking for? I have a few ideas but I always like to mingle those with what's required so I can accommodate certain elements to the best of me ability whilst presenting a character.

Unfortunately I have not had the pleasure of playing/writing in a system setting before. I have accommodated myself somewhat with the premise, but would be seeking your kind assistance every so often, if that's not a bother. : )

Thank you very kindly! 
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

AribethAmkiir

I don't want to speak for Rampant, but she's always been welcoming to the questions and concerns I've had and has helped guide me when I've needed it.  I'm positive you would have the same responses.

The other great thing about this game is that there are quite a few players who've been around for awhile and can answer and guide you, as far as the system, if you're in need of it.  We are usually more than eager to help new players.

As far as "personality-types", I'm unaware of anything we "need".  Rampant is likely more capable of answering that than myself.  It has been my experience, however, that the more outgoing the character the better overall experience you'll have.  If you haven't already, you may want to skim the "Active Characters" to see if there's any character or player you'd like to interact with, and then contact that player to see if you can work something out with them.

Derwaysh

Milady Aribeth... lovely Rampant did get in contact with me and at the moment I'm in the process of creating a new character. I did take a gander at the threads and should be able to post my offering by the end of today or early tomorrow for everyone to peruse and see if any revisions are required.

Thank you very kindly for the welcome. Cheers!

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

RampantDesires

Hurm, I suppose I should make a point of posting in here as well as sending PMs. Habit I guess though it could be off putting to others now that I think about it.  Anyway I look forward to seeing your ex-spestnaz Derwaysh (and I'm not going to lie, possibly seeing your avatar more in the group is well anticipated as well as it is beyond delicious :P) but no rush as character proposals can be rather time consuming, especially  somewhat long ones like ours.

Recruitment Update: Still no restrictions on symptoms or gender so please feel free to be creative :) Current Male/Female ratio 16/22 (not including Derwaysh's upcoming male).

Upcoming/Current Events:
Large apartment building fire with a Deviant as the cause.
Subway tunnel collapse.  Also Deviant related.
Important Public Announcement.
Charity Ball/Fundraiser.

Derwaysh

Character:

Name: Igor Zima
Ethnicity: Slavic/Russian
Relationship Status: Single
Previous (Or current) Profession: Previously a soldier in the Red Army. Ex-Spestnaz. Ex-Blackwater Company. Presently engaged in running a security firm by the name of “Igor and Friends” where he is the only employee unfortunately. 

More Pictures

Appearance:

Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Discs of pale blue.
Skin: Pale with shades of ivory.
Weight: 185 lbs.
Height: 6’4
Other: Marred with scars and botched stitches all over his body, reflecting the man’s past professions as well as his constant need to engage in warfare and conflict given his semi-feral nature (metaphorically speaking of course).

Information:

Personality:

Brash. Loud-mouthed and brutally honest.
Igor attracts a lot of attention because of said nature. He’s had trouble dealing with strife in the military and it continues to cause problems for him on a usual basis since he finds it difficult to juggle between the good honesty and the bad type of honesty. He raises a lot of eyebrows with his loud demeanor and disregard for anything that does not adhere to his rhetoric. Whilst the gentleman is quick to understand situations, oft times he finds himself engaged in trouble he does not need or can do without given the number of enmities he’s got or people he pisses off on occasion.

Gallant. Decisive. Personable.
If something good came out of the military, it was the decision making characteristic that Igor acquired along with the need to be brave when the situation demanded. “You put your life on the line one too many times and you realize you’re invincible.” He would regularly fire these words when recounting his tales of valour. Whilst a show off and brash, it is difficult not to find the man’s persona fetching given his wild mannerisms and the style he adheres to.

Bullheaded. Impetuous.
A stubborn boy since he was young, Igor is now a proud stubborn man. His adamant ways had served him well in the past and he puts that nature to good use in each of his dealings, whether they are with the limited clientele of ‘Igor and Friends’ or with the few friends he would converse with over at the local bar. Nigh impossible to deal with, Igor is very impetuous and sometimes for his own good. Whist some may argue this is caused due to his military life from years ago, it is safe to say if it needs fixing and Igor can smash it into solution, the man would continue down that path until hell, high water or KGB can stop him.

Impudent. Untrusting.
The only people who were able to get Sergeant Major Zima to obey were his father and his first commanding officer he served under. During the Georgian ambush in South Ossetia Igor witnessed his CO fall and assumed authority right from the get go. Perhaps a part of him still reimagines every situation he has ever been in as that particular ambush since then or maybe Igor hates authority but either way he does not heed to commands and it takes more than simply authority for him to obey or fall in line. If he finds the said authority undeserved or unnecessary, Igor does all he can to upset the balance and establish himself as the go to person, unless there is viable threat of demise or failure.

Background:

Conceived and born in Norilsk, Russia Igor was no stranger to industrial towns or civil strife. The rich copper mines made for Soviet pride and Soviet peoples’ demise in this region. It was something to be proud of however when on occasion his parents did take him out of Norilsk to meet with others. “Soviet power supreme.” He would utter those words gladly and clasped his ambitions close to his chest how one day he will serve Mother Russia on the field of battle, perhaps even play the role of an important sergeant in these here parts. Igor had borne a close witness to the miners’ complaints as their supervisors worked ever harder to sustain both yield and productivity. It was a tough job, a man’s job, a true Russian’s job. Anyone could abandon a cause but it took absolute bravado and vigour to see it all the way through, as he was taught what passed for Marx’s rhetoric. Sooner or later his efforts would involve bringing glory to the motherland, quite possibly in the form of hurting the Yankees whom everybody hated. Of course things did not work out quite the way he desired it and at age of 13 he discovered how the beloved Republican Union was no more.

Soon after things took an ugly turn for the residents of Norilsk, it was imperative there would be outside migration, especially given the deaths and the butchering of the miners due to winter and regime change. These times were difficult because Igor had never read or even heard of things of that sort and whether the Socialist Republic was capable of such feats. He decided to now serve his motherland in a different capacity and joined the Russian paramilitary force. He shot at unarmed rebels until he was transferred to a field where he shot those with bomb jackets and similar paraphernalia. This continued for a while until he found himself within United States.

Currently working for a private security firm whose importance he exaggerates, Igor worked with the Russian military against Chechen rebels and South Ossetia invasion. When he parted ways with the red army the man was quick to jump on the NATO bandwagon and became an integral part of the Blackwater Company. Successfully having been involved in a number of engagements both on the Iraqi and Afghan fronts, Igor made use of the accelerated Green Card category for foreign servicemen who have performed in a military capacity for United States and found himself in Glenside where he now shrewdly albeit unsuccessfully tries to run a security agency.

Much to the chagrin of his stubborn bits, Igor received his flu shot three weeks prior to all hell breaking loose. What passed between then and him realizing his symptom was a concoction of sheer hell, excruciating pain and bouts of vodka that consumed him before he decided to wrangle it by the throat and beat it into submission.  As much as Igor would like to believe it was what happened, he figured somehow fighting against the illness made him the strong man he is today. One can almost imagine the surprise that would pull his strings once he comes to contact with others and realizes that there’s a lot in motion than he first grasped.

Symptoms:

Strength: SL - 1 - Ability to lift up to 250 lbs.

Hobbies and Interests:

Guns, guns, guns!: Igor is a savant enthusiast when it comes to firearms and their latest availability. He believes in the second amendment and considers himself a proud member of the RRL (Russian Rifle League) despite opposing the concept of Capitalism. Igor carries different types of gun licenses courtesy of his business and background, sufficiently allowing him to engage in his hobby during his free time – which also includes cigars and vodka – when he is not on the job due to lack of business this is almost all the time.

Ballet: Igor’s secret dream has always been to perform as a professional ballet dancer. Given his size and strength it’s not only difficult but an almost impossible venture to be fleet on his feet and execute the necessary moves. He contents himself with watching the latest displays of entertainment whenever by himself – albeit with equal proportion of vodka and cigar – and is thoroughly impressed by the Swedish performances in general. Igor’s basement is full of life size cut outs and posters of the ballet greats that once were, in thorough recompense to ease his aching heart, how he would never be even as close to good as they are.

Electronics: The man is a sucker for all manner of latest gadgetry irrespective of whether they involve cellphones, computers, tablets or hardware paraphernalia at barebones level like hard disks and processors. This is yet another of his secret obsessions and very rarely would Igor discuss or even bring up the topic unless the other person is an idiot or a savant such as himself. He takes great joy at reading the many magazine subscriptions he has to the many publications that arrive on a weekly and monthly basis. Often Igor can be found on his large chair in his backyard, away from the public eye, as he reads the latest issue of “PC Cayenne; the new condiment of Ultram!” with some cigar and vodka in tow.

Endurance and Strength based exercises: From weight lifting to benching, kicking boxing against inflatable dummies to crunches, Igor does them all. The man carries a total of three gym subscriptions, the first one he made use of when he first arrived at Glenside. Second he bought because the owner was a Russian friend and the third he signed up for when he was drunk one day. The next day when he called to cancel they offered him free credit for anything in the store and Igor was sold, he ended up buying the same subscription for as he liked to refer to it – “a rainy day, da!” – And occasionally spends his time visiting all the three establishments, sometimes a lot more than those who only have one subscription.

OOC Ons and Offs:
Extremely flexible but in most cases writer’s offs from the O/Os list apply. Kindly take a note and should there be any questions, please do not hesitate to ask me.

A/A

RampantDesires

Awesome, thank you so much :) I see no problem with Igor's sheet.  Please feel free to move him into the Active Character's thread and introduce yourself in either or both of the OOCs.  Welcome to Deviations!

Flower