"A World Without Words", No spoken dialogue(M4F characters, all writers welcome)

Started by Galactic Druid, December 13, 2023, 01:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galactic Druid

That title is a bit vauge compared to my norm, I did the best I could with the character limit. Speaking of different, this thread is going to be a bit different than my norm in that I'm not going to pitch specific story ideas, but rather, the kind of setting I'm interested in playing with a partner.

Full transparency, the idea for this comes from a video game I recently looked into, called Silent Hope. The world of the game sounded really interesting to me, in which a cursed king stole the world's words, leaving everyone in silence. Sadly, the game itself really doesn't make much use of it's setting, nor is it anywhere as silent as the name might suggest, but I still really love the idea of the setting, and it's potential for RP.

What I'm looking for...

I really want to try writing a story with someone in a setting where spoken dialogue is either impossible, or heavily restricted. Perhaps something like the curse in the game I mentioned above, a personal curse or inability of our characters, or something else entirely. While I love fantasy settings and the idea is based on one, I'm open to other ideas if a potential partner has something in mind. Ideally, most of the communication in story would be done by actions, gestures, and other body language between characters.

As far as smut goes, naturally I'd like it to be part of the game. Normally I try for something like a 60/40 kind of story-to-smut split, but I'm willing to give that some wiggle room for the right ideas.

What to expect from me...
I should mention going into this that it is a very busy time of the year for me, and as such, I'll likely be about to post around twice a week. I want to promise more, and on a good week, it likely will be, but I don't want to promise more than I can actually deliver. After the week of 1/3/24, my posting rate should stabilize nicely as my workflow returns to normal. Beyond that, most of the stuff there is to know can be found in my One and Offs Page

If this is a concept you find interesting, I really hope to hear from you! I love the idea myself, and look forward to seeing if anyone else does as well.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!