News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Princess: The Hopeful (Recruiting!)

Started by Angie, November 08, 2014, 10:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

I wanna run a World of Darkness game, with a twist-this is a fan made supplement called Princess: The Hopeful. You are shining beacons of light in the world, facing monsters with the magic of love. Sounds like fun, right?

WRONG!

Being a beacon of Light in the World of DARKNESS is a horrible idea. Seriously, I can't bold and underline this enough: Being a Magical Girl around these parts is a horrible idea when everyone wants you dead, corrupted, or worse. So then, why do it?

Simple: We're heroes, damnit. Heroes are the ones who charge into danger, knowing that it's gonna suck, it's gonna hurt like a bitch, but they do it because no one else can. You are the Light in the Darkness. Can you stand against the Darkened and Darkspawn of the world? Will you do battle with the Dethroned monstrosities? Do you stare Fear in the eye until that old bastard blinks?!

Or are you gonna get eaten by a ravenous pack of (insert monster here)? Well, we'll only know if you take your chance.

This is simply an interest check for the game. To help you make your decision, I provide you with a link to all things Magical and Pink: https://sites.google.com/site/princessthehopeful/home Come on in, step up to the plate!

EDIT: Oh derp, I forgot to mention-it's not made particularly clear in the rules, but Males are totally cool to join as well. Mention is made a couple times to "Princes", so they're cool to!

A NEW EDIT APPEARS!

This game will take place in Seattle, approximately modern day. The five Mage guilds work mostly in harmony, although fights between the Silver Ladder and EVERYONE ELSE are common. The five Forsaken tribes also mostly work together. The vampire clans took a huge beating from a certain even in the 70's, and haven't made much in the way of recovery. Prometheans wander in on their pilgrimages, but tend to swiftly move on. The Changling courts mostly keep to themselves, despite Free Council efforts to meet with them. Sin-Eaters party it up in the city before they go munch a ghost or two. And in the middle of all this, the Wild Card that are the Princesses appear. Few Nobles ever came to Seattle before, but now they're coming in abundance.

And of course, all is not well in Seattle-I mean, it's the World of Darkness, nothing is ever well-as outside forces, from the rogue clan XIII to the Seers of the Throne (who are right pissed about being kicked out in the 70s) are out to establish their dominance in Seattle. It's quite literally you Princesses against the world. Good luck, you'll need it.

Character Creation is as standard for GMC rules-so, the same as before, but the fifth dot doesn't take two points.

OOC is up! https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=217377.msg10683909#new
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ChaoticSky

Oh, this sounds like fun I love Princess.

Dibs on Storms.

Angie

Quote from: Darkling on November 09, 2014, 01:12:09 AM
Oh, this sounds like fun I love Princess.

Dibs on Storms.

Had to go right to the Twilight, didn't ya? Well, at least you're picking the one that's manageable.

Empyrean

Interesting. From what I've read of the setting Mirrors might be interesting. Or Diamonds.

Angie

I don't plan on imposing character creation limits, but...I would recommend not going Tears or Mirrors. You can take their Invocations, fine, I just don't recommend being one of 'em.

D12

Tentative interest. Still reading through the pdf(s)

Will this be using New World of Darkness, old World of Darkness?
Or will it not be using World of Darkness system and I'm just misinterpreting that?
Quote from: Angiejuusan
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Angie

This'll be new World, probably using the updated God Machine Complex rules, so get the "Dream Version" since that's updated to GMC. GMC is also free, by the way, if I wasn't on the effects of pain meds I'd go get it for you guys.

Well, that's three of you, so now I have to post plot. Let me sleep off the stuff I took for my sore throat and I'll actually tell you fine people what's up. If you're curious, we're going to be using a custom version of Seattle, but I'm not sure what time period-I've built two. One in the 70's where the Free Council was forging alliances in secret to kick the Seers of the Throne right out of Seattle (I'm a fan of Mage, can you tell?) and one that's present day where several new threats are seeking to gain a foothold in Seattle. Present day might work out more, you being Lightbringers and all.

Rajah

So incredibly interested. It is very, very difficult to find a game of Princess online! I'd like to go with a Champion of Swords, probably as a counterpoint to Darkling's Seraphim.

I don't have any real preferences for setting, but as a note you can shoehorn in almost anything that interests you via adventures in the Dreamlands regardless of where "home" is set.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

ChaoticSky

QuoteHad to go right to the Twilight, didn't ya? Well, at least you're picking the one that's manageable.
Dont worry, shes about as 'soft' as a Seraphim can get, which isnt much admittedly, but does try to minimize collateral where possible. Not a raving fanatic, just someone who thinks that Tempesta has the right idea. Shes also a big fan of working together with others, putting up a united front against the darkness, so shell generate less friction in the group than Storms are prone to.

QuoteI'd like to go with a Champion of Swords, probably as a counterpoint to Darkling's Seraphim.
Oooh, that will be neat, a valiant knight and a scarred soldier always make for great dialogue. They may even have some previous history, since her original (now dead) nakama were trying to help her by pushing her towards Swords

And on the subject of setting, I have some lean towards modern day, since its more familiar. I never liked That 70s Show much :P

Apple of Eris

This sounds interesting. I have to read more on the pdf thing, but I may want to join. Maybe as a healer type.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Angie

Modern Day Seattle it is. Do you guys wanna start off post-Blossoming or have that be the start of the campaign?

Anyway, regardless of how we start, you're going to swiftly meet a couple of rather important people. Considering this is Seattle...expect anything to come after you, from Vampires to Pandorans (Promethean Book) to Ghosts to the Darkspawn. Sucks to be a Princess, don't it?

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 09, 2014, 12:06:59 PM
Modern Day Seattle it is. Do you guys wanna start off post-Blossoming or have that be the start of the campaign?

Anyway, regardless of how we start, you're going to swiftly meet a couple of rather important people. Considering this is Seattle...expect anything to come after you, from Vampires to Pandorans (Promethean Book) to Ghosts to the Darkspawn. Sucks to be a Princess, don't it?
I dont think Pandorans would react to princesses though. Its the primal fire of Pyros they want, not the Light, and they are inert statues/slagpiles/etc otherwise. Unless your house ruling them in of course.

And i vote post blossoming, but new nakama. That way we can come up with deeper backstories, while working together with everyone else on how we came together to form a group.

Angie

When it comes to Pandorans...*Waves my hands while shouting DARKNESS AND CORRUPTION!!!!*

They're not likely to come up though, Prometheans do avoid Seattle unless they have business there, so Pandorans find the city to be slim pickin's. You're more likely to encounter something that plays by "You Lose" rules then a Pandoran.

Angie

Oi, I've been reading over combat rules, and for anyone interested, I have a couple questions:

1: How should weapon damage be done? Should it add dice to your attack roll (old way) or add automatic damage if you do hit (new way)?

2: How should armor work? Should it subtract successes from an attack (old way) or subtract from the die pool (new way)?

Both ways work, I just wanna know how the party wants to play it.

SmilingFox

If you still have space, I'd be happy to look through the PDF and roll a character for this. Love NWoD in general.

Angie

Since we have 4 interested and 1 kinda interested...you'd be 6. Alright, I'm opening the board to characters. First come, first serve, but I don't have a hard limit on how many players-if you make a really good character I'll let you in.

SmilingFox

Is there a particular hosting sight you'd like us to use for creating our characters? Myth-weavers has a generic NWoD sheet, but it's not exactly optimal for Princess use.

Apple of Eris

I started using this one:

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/MiscNWOD/PrincessTheHopeful_2-PageSheet_Editable.pdf

But I'm still reading rules. One thing I'm kind of confused on is the Invocations. It says they're rather important, but then doesn't seem to have a lot to say about exactly what they are and how they affect your character. At least not that I've seen so far.
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Angie

Quote from: Apple of Eris on November 09, 2014, 09:04:56 PM
I started using this one:

http://mrgone.rocksolidshells.com/pdf/MiscNWOD/PrincessTheHopeful_2-PageSheet_Editable.pdf

But I'm still reading rules. One thing I'm kind of confused on is the Invocations. It says they're rather important, but then doesn't seem to have a lot to say about exactly what they are and how they affect your character. At least not that I've seen so far.

Invocations are activated when you use a Charm-basically, you pick a Charm, tie it to an Invocation, then add the dots from the Invocation to the dice pool for the Charm. So, activating Twenty Faces would be (Invocation)+Wits+Subterfuge. Also, if you act in accordance with the philosophy of an Invocation, you get Willpower!

ChaoticSky

Personally I'd just go with all new stuff. It's meant to be internally consistent, if we start deciding which rules we are using, then we also need to consider which weapons, combat-related merits, and so on that we are using, etc. It also does bad things to the actual systems of combat. Wed need to either basically used All rules from one system or another or things will start breaking.

And from what ive read, people generally like the new rules way more. So i would say to go with that.

I have a query of my own;
What is the relative density of the various splats in the city? Are we more or less the only Princesses? or is there a good number? Enough to form a local community of hopeful? And what about the others? Whats the outlook look like for vampires/wuffs/mages/etc

*edit;
Also yes Apple! Invocs are very important, to add my 2c, a Invocation is basically the result of applying the metaphysical weight of your queen's ideology to your own magic (charms). if you have dots in Fuoco, then you can (for example) imbue your powers with Sword's passion and fire. And if you are doing so in away directly in line with the Queens ideology, then you can apply it for free, such as, to use the previous example; playing match maker, or defending your loved ones.

On the flipside, if you perform certain actions that betray that ideology, you entirely loose the ability to use that Invocation until you perform a proper penance.

Each Queen as their own, and the Hopeful have a easier time accessing the Invocation of their Queen than the others, though humans are rarely so cut-and-dry, so most princesses have access to atleased a couple different ones to varying degrees. Also, some charms are tied to certain invocations, and A) require you to have enough dots in that invoc to use them, and B) can only be applied with the invoc to which they are tired (a Charm that requires Aria 3 cant be used with Terra)

Angie

Quote from: Darkling on November 09, 2014, 09:33:32 PM
Personally I'd just go with all new stuff. It's meant to be internally consistent, if we start deciding which rules we are using, then we also need to consider which weapons, combat-related merits, and so on that we are using, etc. It also does bad things to the actual systems of combat. Wed need to either basically used All rules from one system or another or things will start breaking.

And from what ive read, people generally like the new rules way more. So i would say to go with that.

I have a query of my own;
What is the relative density of the various splats in the city? Are we more or less the only Princesses? or is there a good number? Enough to form a local community of hopeful? And what about the others? Whats the outlook look like for vampires/wuffs/mages/etc

You're probably right on the rules. I do foresee a couple problems with really powerful attacks...but then again, they are meant to be really powerful, so eh.

Also, I made an edit to the original post about that-TL;DR, Princesses are starting to appear more in Seattle, Vampires and Prometheans are incredibly rare, everyone else is involved and either vying for a bit of control (Werewolves, Mages) or trying to remain isolated (Changling, Sin Eaters)

ChaoticSky

Angie

SmilingFox

I don't have a good way to link my character sheet here. So in the mean time, here's what I've come up with. I warn you now, this will probably be a Massive wall of text. So... Yeah. Feedback is appreciated.

Sasha Lualdi

Name: Sasha Lualdi   Age: 22   Gender: F      Orientation: Bisexual
Player: Smiling Fox
Virtue: Fortitude, Charity
Vice: Lust
Concept: The Silent Monk
Calling: Mender
Queen: Clubs

Attributes:

Intelligence 2(2)      Strength 2(2)   Presence      1(1)
Wits 1(1)         Dexterity 2(2)   Manipulation   2(2)
Resolve 3(3)      Stamina 4(5)   Composure   4(4)

Health: 9/9
Willpower 7/7
Inner Light 1
Shadows 0
Galemarks 0
Wisps 5/10
Belief 7
Skills:

Mental:            Physical:   Social:

Academics 2 (Psychology)   Athletics 2   Animal Ken 1
Computers 1         Brawl 1   Empathy 3
Medicine 3 (First Aid)      Survival 1   Expression 1
Politics 1                  Persuasion 3
                     Socialize 2
                     Streetwise 1
Merits:
Circle 2 (Parents, Two older sisters, Childhood Friend)
Royal Tongue 1
Palace 1
Area of Expertise (First Aid) 1
Indomitable 2

Invocations:
Acqua 1
Legno 2

Charms:
Ministering Angel + Calm 2
Balm 2
Barrier Jacket 1

Sensitivity 1
Size 5
Defense 3 (Assuming GMC rules)
Armor 0
Initiative 6

Description:

Sasha was always a quiet girl. Sasha the Sitting Monk, her friends used to tease her with. Always clam, always patient, always simply sitting and watching the world. She found peace in trying to understand the way people acted, the meaning behind every little action, and the connections between people. It wasn't that she had nothing to say, she'd talk at length to those willing to sit and listen to her ramble on, but she simply wasn't interested in forcing her views on others.

First and foremost, she believed in and respected the ideals of Free Will. People should be free to do as they please, so long as they don't infringe on others. Any interference from her would be meddling. If people wanted her advice or help, they'd ask.

Instead she sat and meditated regularly, pondering both intellectual and philosophical questions at great length. That is, until a rather fateful day changed all of that.

Her friends had brought her all the way to Boston for the marathon. Sitting in the crowds, she sat and watched, as she was wont to do, as the people spoke and laughed, cheered and raced. When the bombs went off, she found that she could no longer remain sitting.

Not because of the panicked crowd. Nor because of her own fear. Instead, she couldn't remain idle while the world around her was in agony. The people, injured and panicked, may as well have been her own body, broken and bleeding. Unable to look away, she instead ran towards the disaster area, intent on providing what relief she could.

When fear urged her to flee for her own life, her legs refused to move. When the people called at her to find safety, that there could be more danger, her heart refused to let go of the child she was helping. When the flames grew dangerously close to her position, her skin refused to blister. Unyeilding, she sat with those she could rescue until the ambulance came to take them to safety.

Only then did she stand, refusing to sit idly by any longer.

Appearance wise, Sasha finds herself rather plain, just as she likes it. At 5'8 and a mere 138lbs, she's a slight girl, hardly the imposing guardian she wishes she could appear as. Despite that, it's her belief that anyone can help, and looking 'ordinary' only serves to enhance that. Her brown hair is kept short, save a small ponytail that she refuses to cut in memory of her mother who used to cut her hair as a child.

From her father, she inherited a beautiful set of green eyes. Even when she's perfectly silent, her eyes seem to sing stories about her vivid imagination. Sadly, she's rather upset that her 'blossoming' didn't affect her modest chest. At only a large B cup, she doesn't find her bust attractive at all, at least not compared to her toned backside and legs.

When transformed, she wears a white buttoned up shirt, with forest green highlights, over a pair of rustic brown leather pants and hiking boots. Over all of that she wears a thick hooded cloak, deep green with white decorative symbols of protection. She often carries a simple wooden staff for self defense, but prefers to heal the injured rather than inflicting injury herself. In dangerous situations, she has a bad habit of placing herself in harms way for the sake of random bystanders.

Personality wise, she's incredibly stubborn and meticulous. It often drives others to aggravation, but she rarely acts without thinking out the full consequences and having several layers of back-up plans. To her 'measure twice, cut once' isn't just a saying but a way of life. While she often over thinks things, no one can ever fault her for acting rashly. In life, slow and steady wins the race. In the bedroom, foreplay and build-up are the best part.

Currently, Sasha's attempting to get into medical school, with... Varied results. There are times she wonders if it's all worth it, when she can use magic to heal even more efficiently. Her biggest dream is to open a hospital, or at least fund a ward of one.

Angie

Slow clap Sasha is going to love one of the first NPCs you guys are slated to meet. He's a doctor/Mage.

D12

I'm cool with the new rules, personally I'm more familiar with them than the old rules anyway.

I've also started putting together a character sheet using the editable PDF linked to early.

Still trying to get 100% up on the rules since I wasn't intimately familiar with the World of Darkness to begin with. I played a New World of Darkness game before, but we were required to be humans and didn't really do a lot of fighting.

I am leaning toward a Champion with Fortitude/Justice/Pride, thematically built around a militarized Sailor Moon, I feel like Swords would be the best fit, but I want to read through all the different Queens and Powers.
D12 has earned the power of the GM's Laughter! This does nothing but tell the world you made the GM laugh out loud!

Angie

Remember to toss a second Virtue in there, since you guys get two and all.

Apple of Eris

... damn a mender? There goes my idea. *crumbles up to start over*

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Angie

Quote from: Apple of Eris on November 09, 2014, 10:40:15 PM
... damn a mender? There goes my idea. *crumbles up to start over*

Doubling up is all good. Play what you want, not what you think needs to be played. The plot gets semi-tailored to the party.

SmilingFox

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 09, 2014, 10:38:13 PM
Slow clap Sasha is going to love one of the first NPCs you guys are slated to meet. He's a doctor/Mage.

*Squee!* Sasha IS going to love him... Perhaps quite frequently, with ample amounts of vigor.

I love playing the medic types, especially the ones with a martyr complex. Honestly, Princess fits my usual healers to a T. I played in a Mage campaign once as a life mage who'd routinely have to be dragged home after paradoxing himself unconscious in the emergency ward of the hospital.

What a great way to fulfill a charity Virtue huh?

Angie

Goddamnit, SmilingFox, are you me? Because that's practically who Angelo is!

SmilingFox

One of my party members gave Allen (The Life mage) this whole speech about burning out, and how he'd save more people in the long run if he saved less each time he went. He was like "Don't save a hundred then. Just save 75! In the long run, you'll save millions more, because you'll live longer."

So Allen took him up to the critical care ward, picked out the worst one hundred, and made the mage choose which 25 to leave to tomorrow. "And then what? tomorrow, do we do them first, and push 50 to the next day? How long till some of them die? Can you live with that? Pointing to someone and saying 'You die because I need to eat lunch.' or 'You die because I could use another ten minutes of sleep.'? This is how it goes. If I can save them, I will save them. Every single one, and not a single person less."

T'was a fun scene, and a fun game.

Angie

Was Allen Mastigo? Cause Angelo is. Anyway, I do think we're getting slightly off topic with awesome mage stuff, we should get onto awesome Princess stuff.

ChaoticSky

I see plenty of menders and plenty of champions.... i was planning on a Champion (really, im going storms, what did you expect? :P ) but now im rather curious what other people are scheming, if i can fill a role no one else wants, all the better. Can we get a roll call?  ;D

D12

My general idea was inspired sort of by the idea of "The Wall Against Which The Darkness Breaks" sort of a defender of the line, someone who believes completely and utterly that while she might not be making the world a better place, she is holding the line and keeping it from becoming a worse place.

Originally I was thinking along the lines of like, someone who has a weapon but who's real power/focus/proficiency is making magical barriers to protect herself and others; though I don't actually see any magic for creating barriers I have a hard time believing it's not there and a much easier time believing that I just haven't seen it yet.

I'll confess I'm having a hard time making it through the Princess book, it seems... poorly organized. Who decided that all the new attributes referencing Belief should be listed before the section on Belief? I find myself jumping around a lot and it's easy to miss things like that.

Angie

Seeing as how Princess is a fan made one...yeah, agreed. Maybe you could combo Perfect Charms with another tree that influences enemies to hit you? So, you taunt them and then tank the ensuing onslaught?

D12

Well and, is the editable character sheet up there up to date?

I keep finding stuff that references things like, Fight and I can't find any place on the sheet (or in the book) that explains what Fight is. It acts like it's a skill or an attribute; Champions have an affinity for it, and you need at least one dot for Kensai, but there's no place on the sheet for it so I don't see where you keep track of how many dots you have in it.

Angie

Quote from: D12 on November 09, 2014, 11:25:27 PM
Well and, is the editable character sheet up there up to date?

I keep finding stuff that references things like, Fight and I can't find any place on the sheet (or in the book) that explains what Fight is. It acts like it's a skill or an attribute; Champions have an affinity for it, and you need at least one dot for Kensai, but there's no place on the sheet for it so I don't see where you keep track of how many dots you have in it.

Fight is a Charm Group. Kensai is a 1 dot Charm in said Fight group. So, you'd put it under charms. Or do what SF did and make your own wall of text sheet.

D12

Okay, so that is the cost.

But wait, then what about the ones that list things like ( Bless · , Aria · ) do you have to buy a dot in Bless for the one dot Bless Charm, and a dot in Aria for, whatever; or does it mean that you buy the Bless-Tree Charm for one dot, and have to have one dot in Aria in order to use it, or is it a two dot charm that requires you to have a dot in both Bless and Aria in order to buy it, effective counting it as two trees; except that Aria isn't a tree it's an invocation school...  ???

This book has no key to tell you how to read it and I find it very irritating. I want to join but I'm starting to think it might be best for everyone if I didn't, at least until I got a better handle on these rules. 

SmilingFox

When Bless charms say something like (Bless 1, Acqua 1), that means it is a one dot bless charm, and  that it requires you to have at least 1 in Acqua. You don't have to buy dots of Bless, it comes as individual charms. The only time you require charms to get better charms is to upgrade an existing one (You can't get an upgraded version without the base) or to buy higher level charms. (A 2 dot charm requires you to have at least a 1 dot charm of the same type).

Angie

Quote from: D12 on November 09, 2014, 11:39:17 PM
Okay, so that is the cost.

But wait, then what about the ones that list things like ( Bless · , Aria · ) do you have to buy a dot in Bless for the one dot Bless Charm, and a dot in Aria for, whatever; or does it mean that you buy the Bless-Tree Charm for one dot, and have to have one dot in Aria in order to use it, or is it a two dot charm that requires you to have a dot in both Bless and Aria in order to buy it, effective counting it as two trees; except that Aria isn't a tree it's an invocation school...  ???

This book has no key to tell you how to read it and I find it very irritating. I want to join but I'm starting to think it might be best for everyone if I didn't, at least until I got a better handle on these rules.

I like newbs. It means I get to teach them.

Anyway, those Charms that have an Invocation next to them, there's an easily missed rule in there about "Invoked Charms"-you can only use those charms with that specific Invocation, and you need that many dots in the Invocation to learn it. So, for Bless 1 Acqua 1 charms, you need Acqua at 1 or higher to learn it, and you can only activate it with the Acqua Invocation.

Think of Invocations like the Keystones from Geist-they flavor your Charms in a certain way.

Jaded

I am tentatively interested, probably as a Seeker/Spades, but admittedly I haven't done a lot with nWoD in awhile, and am unfamiliar with Princess.  Below is what I threw together while trying to figure it out a bit, but I still need to read over it a bit more indepth before I write up a background.  I envision her as a sneaky reporter/hacker type, venturing into the enemy's lair in search of knowledge. 

Character
Calling: Seeker
Queen: Spades
Virtues: Fortitude, Justice
Vices: Pride

P - INT: 2     STR: 2     PRE: 2
F - WIT: 4 (5) DEX: 3     MAN: 1
R - RES: 2     STA: 2     COM: 3

MENTAL
Academics:     2
Computer:      3, Hacking
Crafts:       
Investigation: 3
Medicine:     
Occult:        1
Politics:      1
Science:       1

PHYSICAL
Athletics: 1
Brawl:     
Drive:     2
Firearms:  1
Larceny:   2, Lockpicking
Stealth:   1
Survival:
Weaponry:

SOCIAL
Animal Ken: 
Empathy:      1, Lies
Expression:   1
Intimidation:
Persuasion:   1
Socialize:
Streetwise:   1
Subterfuge:   

INVOCATIONS
Aria:     1
Acqua:    1
Specchio: 1

CHARMS
Learn
  Data Wizard (1)
  Passion's Light (1)
  Scent Falsehood (1)
Fight
  Levinbolt (1)
  Flash Step (1)

MERITS
Quick Draw, Firearms (1)
Fleet of Foot (1)
Resources (2)
Striking Looks (4)
Taint Awareness (2)

Inner Light: 1
Wisps:       5/10 (max:1/t) + circle or mandate
Belief:      7

Willpower: 5
Health: 7
Sensitivity: 1
Size: 5
Speed: 11
Defence: 3
Armour:
Initiative Mod: 6
Experience:

Angie

Hmm, looks pretty good, although, I have to say that lying is kinda sorta Anathema to what a Princess does. A princess can conceal the truth, but outright falsehoods are kinda not good. That being said, there's nothing stopping you having that particular specialty (or swapping it to something like "Half-truths").

Jaded

The Empathy?  That was meant for sensing lies, not telling them.  Though I may have misremembered the skills.

Angie

I think you're right, and in that case, retract what I said, you're perfectly good!

EDIT: Looked over the Empathy skill, and yeah, Jaded is totally totally right.

D12

A lot of thanks to Angiejuusan for the personal attention helping me get this together!

Character Sheet

EDIT: I updated my sheet, I wasn't using the God Machine Chronicles rules for Defense and hadn't added her dots in Athletics; afterward the Merit Weaponry Dodge was, less useful, so I traded it for a dot in Fame which I would like to only apply to her transformed identity.

EDIT2: Removed the Natural Immunity Merit in exchange for 1 exp.

Angie

I believe we have three people ready to go, D12, Jaded, and SmilingFox. One more and I can justify starting the game!

wingnut2292

Would it be too late for me to join in? I was having the idea of boy who turns into a Heart Mender/Seeker/Champion, a Diamond Grace/Mender, or Spade Champion/Mender/Seaker .

Angie

We're still open! In fact, we need one more! And having a dose of testosterone would be nice!

Rajah

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 09, 2014, 09:44:57 PM
You're probably right on the rules. I do foresee a couple problems with really powerful attacks...but then again, they are meant to be really powerful, so eh.

Yeah. The World of Darkness is extremely high lethality; fights are short and you don't generally survive being shot two or three times. Nobles have ways to mitigate that, but mitigation only goes so far - for example, all princes and princesses can spend Wisps to tank damage on a one-for-one basis, but that's not going to save you from a trio of Darkened with handguns unless your offense is phenomenal.

I second the new GMC rules for everything. They are much better and, as noted, picking and choosing breaks the internal constraints involved.

QuoteHmm, looks pretty good, although, I have to say that lying is kinda sorta Anathema to what a Princess does. A princess can conceal the truth, but outright falsehoods are kinda not good.

Aria can lie, Acqua can't - although there's a big difference between manipulating people for personal gain and manipulating people for their own benefit.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

Angie

Quote from: Rajah on November 10, 2014, 04:06:10 PM

Aria can lie, Acqua can't - although there's a big difference between manipulating people for personal gain and manipulating people for their own benefit.

Well, it's also an Empathy thing that Jaded has it tied to. So, she's using it more like "Sense Motive" then "Bluff".

wingnut2292

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 10, 2014, 03:36:29 PM
We're still open! In fact, we need one more! And having a dose of testosterone would be nice!

Well I was thinking of doing the gender-bender route of school boy -> magical girl.

Any preferance in Queen/Calling? I'm actually leaning towards on Heart/Seeker as a person interisted in history and old-school journalism.

Angie

Quote from: wingnut2292 on November 10, 2014, 05:35:19 PM
Well I was thinking of doing the gender-bender route of school boy -> magical girl.

Any preferance in Queen/Calling? I'm actually leaning towards on Heart/Seeker as a person interisted in history and old-school journalism.

No rule saying you can't do that-hell, any Mage with Life 3 probably does the same thing.

No preferences in that regard, play what you like!

Angie

So, any ideas where we wanna put the thread? I'd personally prefer Bondage-the sex might get a little kinky, but NC crawls under my skin somethin' fierce!

D12

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 11, 2014, 12:32:11 AM
So, any ideas where we wanna put the thread? I'd personally prefer Bondage-the sex might get a little kinky, but NC crawls under my skin somethin' fierce!

I am not sure if I should take that to mean you approve of NC or dislike it.

Regardless I'm fine with which ever. NC might be easier to fit into the theme of magical princesses locked in a pitched battle with the forces of darkness.

Angie

Quote from: D12 on November 11, 2014, 12:35:24 AM
I am not sure if I should take that to mean you approve of NC or dislike it.

Regardless I'm fine with which ever. NC might be easier to fit into the theme of magical princesses locked in a pitched battle with the forces of darkness.

Allow me to be direct then: I really dislike NC. I only suspend that dislike for games I really, really like.

D12

Quote from: Angiejuusan on November 11, 2014, 12:43:55 AM
Allow me to be direct then: I really dislike NC. I only suspend that dislike for games I really, really like.

In that case I am fine with the Bondage section.   :D

Angie

Two things in this post: One, we are about ready to start. Depending on how antsy I get, I may post an OOC thread and let you guys post sheets.

Secondly, I created some homebrew rules for changing Courts-they are described below, tell me what you guys think.

The stories and fictions of Mortals are rife with characters who change loyalties, sometimes coming with a change in power or one hell of a death scene. The Nobles, while not as likely to die from changing Courts, can certainly swear loyalty to a different Queen. The two main barriers to changing are time and will.

Firstly, a Noble who wishes to change courts must have the Invocation of that Court at an equal or higher level then her current Court's favored invocation. If a Champion of Swords with Fuoco 2 wished to become a Champion of Clubs, he would need Legno at 2 or higher.

After that, all it takes is time. A Noble must spend a number of weeks equal to their Inner Light meditating upon the philosophies of the Court she intends to join. These weeks must be consecutive, but time spent adventuring does not interrupt this period of meditation. The Storyteller is well within their right to increase the amount of time required if the Noble does not act in accordance with the philosophies she is meditating on while out fighting the Darkness. Inversely, a Storyteller should reduce the required time if the Noble is acting fully in accordance with the philosophies.

Once this period of meditation is complete, the Noble spends a Willpower DOT-not point, DOT-and changes Courts. This Willpower can be bought back with Experience. The Noble is not doubted in the slightest by his new Court-the philosophies shine forth from within, leaving no confusion as to where his loyalties now lie.

Courtless Nobles may, at Storyteller discretion, join any Court they wish without spending this Willpower and only spending 1 week meditating. Once a Court is chosen, the only way to change is the method described above. Also at Storyteller discretion, switching to the Court of Storms may require days or mere hours-giving in to fury and rage is far easier then choosing a different path of Light.

ChaoticSky

Hehe, sorry for the delay, still putting mine together. I'm fine with the Bon forums also.

Angie

Alright, good. Either PM it to me or post it here so you can get the good old GM stamp of approval

EDIT: OOC is up! https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=217377.msg10683909#new