The Gingerbread House (All Welcome - Open Rp)

Started by Aislinn, July 28, 2013, 11:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceChaos

The woman was starting to get on his nerves he was considering smacking at her like a fly. His blows rained down on his friend most finding there mark. Knowing his friend better than most he knew he would come in close just like Chaos wanted. The blows rained down on him but he was taking them better than his friend knew. Seeing an opening between hits he grabbed his friend, " quiet down woman" Chaos said and tossed Leon at the female that kept yelling at them both.

Dys Astyr

The displaced air from the frenzied movements stirred up little whorls of ash, like dozens of short lived ghost being born only to quickly fade back into the void. She watched, arms crossed over her chest, at the exchange, until the big lummox addressed her in entirely the wrong way. Her temper flared, though she fought to reign it in, side stepping the male-turned-projectile with a fluidness that had not previously shown in her movements.

You should chose your words more carefully, male.

Her voice was curt, displeasure clearly showing through.
Alive! Trying to catch up but there is a lot, please be patient! Thank you. <3

TheWhiteEmperor

Blast. He'd been caught. Moving too slow, as it were, allowed his friend to grab him justly and tossed him like a shuriken through the air. Pursing his lips, Leon twisted and shifted to catch himself, sliding back against the ground with feet digging into the ground. Luckily for him, he'd dodged her as much as she had him. If he wasn't quick to set down the beast, Chaos may be fighting against an unknown force in the woman. That could not be allowed to happen.

"Pay attention!" Leon cursed aloud, now forcing a stern elbow into Chaos' ribs. Before the giant's body could react, another blow came from the opposite side. This time, to his jaw. Portals alighted the area with a royal purple hue, surrounding them in an arena of portals that when entered forced you back into the dome through another gaping hole in space and reality. "It's time we brought this thing to an end!" came Leon's voice as his form filled each of the portals like a hall of mirrors.
Abscences and Apologies || On's and Off's

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

FierceChaos

Laughing off the woman's retort he was about to make a comment. A blow to his ribs made him gasp for air then another blow to the face caught him sending him stumbling back a few steps. His friends portals surrounded him testing them he stuck his hand in one he saw it come out the opposite side of him. "An arena to protect the weak or to keep the beast in check I ponder," yelled chaos as he towards the portal he thought his friend was in.

Dys Astyr

Her eye twitched, and she felt a rage clawing at her, to be so casually insulted by a stranger. She kept herself under control, having learned time over that losing control was only weakness. She didn't tolerate that in the least, most of all for foolish strangers who hadn't earned the consideration. Around her she could hear the air crackle, straining with the abundance of portals. A breeze stirred, it seemed like a whisper almost, chasing up more short lived ashen ghosts. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

All Father, steady my patience.

TheWhiteEmperor

His friend had an uncanny sense, but lucky for Leon this made his plan ever the more easy. Chaos was right on the first try, but when he went into the portal he found himself trapped and bouncing against the ethereal plane like a bird against clear glass. Smirking, Leon stepped out of the spacial prison and snapped his fingers to rid the world of its strain from all the distorted space. This only left one sliver of reality open, but closed in the same right, which housed the hulking mass he called a friend; Chaos. "That ought to keep you from terrorizing others for a while," he said, slapping the edge of the portal spinning it around like a loose revolving door.

Turning his attention to the woman, he bowed and apologized. "Sorry about him. He can get a bit... difficult, after some time. I hope it wasn't too much for you, Miss...?" he trailed, hoping she might fill the gap with a name of some degree.

I will be gone for an indeterminate amount of time. Sorry for the inconvenience. Love you all, you will be missed. 7/9/16

FierceChaos

Chaos slammed against the walls for a bit roaring and stomping around like the beast he was, eventually he grew tired and lay down to sleep.

Dys Astyr

She gave a snort of a laugh, her nose curling slightly at being called miss, but never the less she stuck out her hand, mischievous smile returning, slowly creeping back into her eyes as well.

Hardly. The name's Syk, and you can drop all the formalities.

She cast a glance at the portal, wondering if that was such a good idea.

He isn't in there mucking about with the fabric of space-time is he?

TheWhiteEmperor

Ahh, a brusque woman was this Syk. Nodding he smiled a gleaming smile, as if his appearance had omitted and ignored the brutal fight. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Syk. As for the giant, no.. this is a pocket of dimensional space of my own design. I made it for events such as this, though the inside quite feels like the down of a baby goose. Hence, why he so quickly fell into a slumber." Smirking at his own genius, Leon clapped the portal closed to shut him out of sight. "He'll rest for the rest of the day, no doubt."

Dys Astyr

Nods, watching the portal disappear.

That's a nice trick, useful too I'd wager. You and your friend certainly know how to make a fine mess.

As she talks she walks back toward to old well spigot, ash having left her throat dry and scratchy, a problem quickly cured by the cold water. She splashes it all over her face, rinsing away the ash that had settled there, continuing to speak through the water.

You two do this dance every time you go someplace new?

Phloughphie

The old book surprised him.  The covers looked tattered and torn but inside the pages were perfect.  There were a few paragraphs about a hidden passageway in the Gingerbread House.  The rumors may bot have been false but he was going to try to locate it anyway.  Flashlight. Check.  Book. Check.  Extra flashlight. Check.  Chalk. Check.  “I’m ready and I will start in the library.”

MmeUisge

Looking through the glass of the back seat to her taxi, she inwardly told herself to get some courage. With a sigh she paid her fare, and stepped outside. She was greeted by that all too familiar smell of the woods, the looming trees giving way for the cottage and its grounds. She jumped away from the suddenly moving taxi, and glared as the impatient man left. She had no idea what to expect on these grounds as she made herself walk to the front door.

Phloughphie

He forgot food and water but fortunately he still has the pocket from when he adventured with syk.  He opens the book to check again.  The map shows an entrance but a visual inspection reveals an empty room.  He pulls a Snickers bar out of his pocklet and unwraps it.  He discards the wrapper in a trash receptacle just below a Keep Our Gingerbread House Clean sign.  He eats the candy bar as he peruses the scene.

MmeUisge

She paused at the door for a moment, then pushed it open. "Hello?" She softly called out. Inside the Gingerbread House was just as quaint as outside. She set her bag by the door and walked further in when she heard no response.

Phloughphie

He hears a "Hello?" and without thinking answers "I'm back here in the Library."  "Now why did I do that?" he thinks.  "She can't be looking for me."  he takes another bite of his Snickers.

MmeUisge

Right, the library. Well this was going to present a problem. Where was the library? She did her best to follow where she thought she heard the voice. It took a minute, each room she found had many purposes but not one for books. When she did come to the library she faltered at the door. She heard him crunching away at something, book in hand wandering around the room. "Er, hi." She waved shyly. "What are you doing?"

Phloughphie

He shows her the book and map.  "I'm finding the secret passage that should be right over there."

MmeUisge

She moved in a little closer and looked at the map. It was old, but then again it was easy to replicate that. She didn't think her first day at the Gingerbread house would involve secret passageways. She looked up to where it was supposed to be but all that held there was a towering bookcase. She moved over to it and touched it, just to feel that it was indeed there. She looked back to the unknown man and laughed. "You know it just cant be that easy can it? The bookcase as the door?"

Phloughphie

He points at the map.  "See.  This the corner of that bookcase.  It is this way from the corner."  He moves towards the space and disappears!

MmeUisge

She let out a short yelp. He was gone from sight, just vanished before her eyes. She ran forwards poking and prodding the bookcase hoping to get it to swallow her too. She took a deep breath closed her eyes and when she opened them she found she was standing next to him in a very dark area. "Where are we?" she whispered.

Phloughphie

"I believe, my dear, that we are in the dark." he replies as he banishes the dark with the beam from a large flashlight.  The room looks much like the one that they just left but there are no books.  He hands her a smaller flashlight and a BabyRuth candy bar.  "In case we get separated."  He flashes his light all around then sees a door down a short hall.  "Shall we?" he asks keeping the light on the door.

Phloughphie

Slowly he approaches the door.  There is a handle, he grabs it and pulls.

MmeUisge

She kept close to him slightly afraid of the dark passageways that reeked of the damp earth and degrading stone. "Be careful." She whispered.

Auctor

Then the house door flew open with a loud thud a very large man in a ragged brown leather trench coat takes a seat by the fire and begins to warm his hands.

Verasaille

The forest around the Gingerbread House were thick and choked with weeds. The trail, what was of it meandered through mist and seemed to lose itself more than have an end. The faint jangle of metal and creaking of leather accompanied a four beat footstep of well shod hooves. The grey horse stopped at the pressure of the reins on his sensitive mouth. Shaking his great neck with irritation when the pressure was relieved. A stamp of impatience and a snort of irritation followed.

"Easy Myst, I know not this place. Caution is called for. Lest we be surprised with animosity." the soothing voice came to the stallion as the rider patted his neck.  The rider was covered from head to toe in a dove grey cloak. Silver eyes tinged with teal peered from beneath the hood. Tendrils of dark brown hair trailed down her front. The cloak clasped shut with a silver and sapphire pin carved into an intricate knot. Grey suede gloves held the reins loosely, ready to stop the stallion again if he moved forward.

The saddle was dark brown in color as it sat easily on the horse. Blankets of woven wool with a pattern of blue and grey stripes under the saddle. Dark grey boots snug in the stirrups, silver spurs seemed more for decoration.  The stallion swished his tail infrequently as he waited. He wanted to be out from under the slender rider and resting in a cozy stall munching oats.  Standing here in the fog that threatened to become rain soon was not good for him.

A soft sigh came from her wine red lips as she cleared her throat and thought of calling out. The windows seemed to look like there was a cozy fire inside and possibly refreshment if she was lucky.  Her eyes scanned the exterior of the house to look for stables. She did not wish to leave Myst in the dampness of the forest. She took better care of her mount than that. But caution remained as she finally urged the stallion forward to ride slowly around the house to the back. If there was a stable, it might be there. She remained silent as she rode, though it would be hard to mask the movement of the horse as it walked. The jingle of metal and the creak of leather added to his  shod hooves hitting an occasional rock as he walked.

If someone was within the house they might look out the window and see the apparition of the rider as it moved through the fog. Was there really someone there or was it a wraith of the woods?
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.