News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Snails yield drug addiction clue

Started by Oniya, May 28, 2010, 12:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science_and_environment/10172214.stm

QuoteIn an unusual experiment, scientists have used pond snails to study the effects of methamphetamine, better known as crystal meth, on the brain.

They discovered that the drug enhanced the creatures' abilities to learn and remember a task.

This gives insight into how some addictive drugs produce memories that are hard to forget, and that can even cause addicts to relapse.

Interesting article - of course, I'm also immaturely amused by the idea of snails on speed.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Paladin

My question is, does this make them move any faster? :D

Wolfy

I'm sure this, as with many great scientific Ideas, started as a joke..."Man...what would happen if we put snails on speed?" and boom, so it was.

Xenophile

Drugged Animal Project #2.

Give weed to a Cheetah.
Ons and Offs
Updated 2011 June 5th A's and A's