Cronus' Chosen (Greek Mythology Demigods - Interest Check)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, December 02, 2017, 02:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmbrosiaPudding

Cronus' Chosen

Out of the dark stepped a giant man, impossibly tall. A beard half as long as he was tall, he stepped carefully but straightly. A scythe in one hand, an hourglass in the other. All time seemed to stop around this man. Out of the shadows the robes he wore changed instead becoming a tunic of the old. He commanded the very air around him. The same air seemed to be alive with electricity. The power hummed and houses with a ten block radius experienced the tremors of power flickering.

“Come child. You have been chosen! It is an honor. Step into scythe it will take you where you need to be. Where you belong.” The powerful voice did not boom, instead it was calm almost silken, the scarred face of the chiseled man made him look younger and older at the same time. His hair gray, streaked with white though that didn’t affect his age, an age almost indistinguishable, as if it changed each moment you looked too closely. The steel blue tunic he wore did little to clothe his body, instead it served only to draw attention to the multiple lacerations and scars that ticked across his powerful visage.

“Come child, do not be frightened. I have a job for you.” Again he motioned toward the scythe that he carried bringing it forward. The blade expanded the metal shimmering with time itself next fixating on one set scene and it wouldn’t until mortal blood touched it. Only those chosen by the man would be able to step into his scythe and travel to the places that showed in the blades reflection.

“Do not defy the words of Cronus child, it will do you no good to run I have withstood the test of time because I am time. It is of me and I am of it. I am fluid, I am of nothing and of everything. It is my hand that turns the day to night which has brought you here at this precise moment. All of it by my design. I am the youngest of Uranus our sky father and Gaea mother Earth herself. So I call to you by right of blood, come with me and fulfill the destiny which time has bestowed upon you child.” 

This game will be set under the premise that demigods living in the present time, in a modern era, will be taken to Ancient Greece by Cronus. In the present times their powers, will be muted so to speak. Perhaps they've noticed they're easily stronger than most others, or faster, or maybe that certain animals always seem to be attracted to them. Once brought into Ancient Greece where their powers originated it will enhance their powers ten fold as their lineage is in it's full affect.

Rules

Respect each other and don't cause unnecessary drama. If you have a problem with another player try to work it out, outside of the game if you can't please contact me and I'll help in anyway I can.

No Godmoding, metagaming, or anything like that. This is a game about literal Gods, I know, but your characters should be proportionately powerful.

I'd like at least one (1) post a week from each player/character.

For now each player is allowed a maximum of three characters. That is subject to change at any time.

This is a LGBT friendly zone and I expect it to stay that way.

[Floatleft] Appearance [/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (20+ )
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b] (There is a list of applicable powers under each God/Goddess name. I ask that you be reasonable with this)
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Lineage & Background:[/b] (God/Goddess parent, how it happened, etc)
[b]Ons:[/b]
[b]Offs:[/b]
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Gods, Goddesses, and their Powers

Zeus - Zeus, the god of the sky and ruler of the Olympian gods. It was written that he overthrew his father, Cronus, and then drew lots with his brothers Poseidon and Hades, in order to decide who would succeed their father on the throne. Zeus won the draw and became the supreme ruler of the gods, as well as lord of the sky and rain. His weapon was a thunderbolt which he hurled at those who displeased or defied him, especially liars and oathbreakers.
Powers - Strength, Speed, Lightning Call, Rain Call, Bird Call, rarely Flight and Shapeshifting.

Poseidon Brother to Zeus and Hades, when he drew Poseidon took to the seas. Creator of the horses it is said he made multiple attempts to create a beautiful creature and as such attributed to many different monsters. His weapon was a trident, with which he could make the earth shake, causing earthquakes, and shatter any object. He was second to Zeus in power among  the gods. He was considered by Greeks to have a difficult quarrelsome personality. Combined with his greed, he had a series of disputes with other gods during his various attempts to take over the cities they were patrons of.
Powers - Strength, Speed on Water, Water Healing, Underwater Breathing, Horse Call, and rarely small Earthquakes.

Hades When power was being divided among the three brothers, Hades drew the short straw and charged with keeping order of the Underworld making everything beneath the Earth's surface his, including the jewels that develop deep within. The Furies were ‘welcomed’ guests in his Kingdom. Although an Olympian, Hades preferred the Underworld and rarely left his kingdom. His weapon was a pitchfork, which he used to create earthquakes, similar to the way Poseidon used his trident. He also had a helmet of invisibility, which he had received as a gift from the Cyclopes, in order to use it during the clash of the Titans.
Powers - Shadow Cloak, Shadow Call, Speed, World Travelling, unconfirmed Fury Call and Call of Cerberus 

Hera - Hera, the wife and sister of Zeus the supreme goddess, patron of marriage and childbirth, having a special interest in protecting married women. Her sacred animals were the cow and the peacock, and she favoured the city of Argos. Hera revolted against Zeus once though it ended poorly in her favor and hasn't attempted an open revolt since.
Powers - Strength, Speed, Healing, Ability to see Bonds, rarely Shapeshifting

Demeter - Demeter was the goddess of corn, grain, and the harvest. She was the daughter of Cronus and Rhea. She was the goddess of the earth, of agriculture, and of fertility in general. Sacred to her are livestock and agricultural products, poppy, narcissus and the crane. Demeter was also known for founding the Wilsonian Mysteries. These were huge festivals held every five years and very important events for many centuries. Yet, little is known about them as those attending were sworn to secrecy.
Powers - Healing, Strength, Crop death or life, Narcissus Sleep, Crane call, and rarely Poppy Death.

Hermes - Hermes was the Greek god of commerce, son of Zeus and Maia. Quick acting and cunning, the messenger of the Gods. He was the protector of travelers, thieves and athletes. He occasionally tricked the other gods for his own amusement or in an effort to protect humans. With the ability to move freely between worlds, he also served as the guide of the souls of the dead to the underworld and the afterlife.
Powers - Speed, Strength, Flight, Sleight of Hand, and rarely World Travelling

Hestia - Hestia was the goddess of the hearth, family, and domestic life. She was not worshiped publicly. Originally one of the twelve Olympians, Hestia took a vow of chastity, and backed away from the public eye of the Olympians instead Dionysus took her place. She also represented the coalition and relationship between the colonies and the mother cities.
Powers - Fire Call, Invisibility, and the ability to forge or break bonds

Ares - Ares was the god of war, and son of Zeus and Hera. He represented the raw violence and untamed acts that occurred in wartime, in contrast to Athena, who was a symbol of tactical strategy and military planning. It is said that he is Zeus' most hated child. He is said to have a violent personality though being hated by one's father can often cause that. His patron animal is the dog. Ares has been missing for a great many number of years. No one, not even Zeus is sure of his whereabouts. He hasn't produced a child in at least twenty years.
[Powers - Speed, Strength, Dog Call, Weapon Handling, Healing, and rarely Berserk Rage during battle.

Athena - Athena was the Greek virgin goddess of reason, intelligent activity, arts and literature. She was the daughter of Zeus; her birth is unique in that she did not have a mother. Instead, she sprang full grown and clad in armour from Zeus' forehead. She was fierce and brave in battle; however, she only took part in wars that defended the state and home from outside enemies. She was the patron of the city, handcraft, and agriculture. She invented the bridle, which permitted man to tame horses, the trumpet, the flute, the pot, the rake, the plow, the yoke, the ship, and the chariot. She was the embodiment of wisdom, reason, and purity. She was Zeus' favorite child and was allowed to use his weapons including his thunderbolt. Her holy tree was the olive tree and she was often symbolized as an owl.
Powers - Speed, Agility, Owl Call, Horse Call, Military Strategy, Weapons Handling, and rarely Lightning Call.

Aphrodite - Aphrodite was the goddess of love, desire and beauty. Apart from her natural beauty, she also had a magical girdle that compelled everyone to desire her. Aphrodite represented sex, affection, and the attraction that binds people together. Unknown to most people Aphrodite had tokens created for her lover out of solid platinum often depicting a swan or a swallow.
Powers - Speed, Agility, Grace, Beauty, Pheromone Bond, Bird Call, rarely Siren Song  

Hephaestus - Hephaestus was the Greek god of blacksmiths, sculptors, metallurgy, fire and volcanoes; thus, he is symbolized with a hammer, an anvil and a pair of tongs. The husband of Aphrodite. The rumors of his birth have never been confirmed though many believe him to be the child of Hera alone. Hephaestus was born lame one of his legs twisted requiring the help of a walking stick original, though now he bares a contraption of his own.
Powers - Strength, Weapons Handling, Fire Call, rarely Volcanic Eruption

Apollo - Apollo was the son of Zeus and Leto, twin brother of Artemis. He was the god of music, among other things. He was also known as the Archer, far shooting with a silver bow; the god of healing, giving the science of medicine to man; the god of light; and the god of truth. One of Apollo's most important daily tasks was to harness his four-horse chariot, in order to move the Sun across the sky. His holy tree a laurel and animal a dolphin.
Powers - Strength, Speed, Healing, Archery, Light Call, and rarely Sun Beams

Artemis - Artemis was the goddess of chastity, virginity, the hunt, the moon, and the natural environment.The twin sister of Apollo, she was born earlier than him and helped deliver her twin brother. She asked her father to grant her eternal chastity and virginity, and never gave in to any potential lovers; devoted to hunting and nature, she rejected marriage and love. She wields a silver bow like her brother and her patron animal is a silver doe. Though Artemis is a virgin goddess she does bless certain men, often hunters who have pleased her, with a child of hers and his to be raised by the father until the age of 16 where they are offered the eternal hunt.
The children of Artemis join the hunt and rarely have anything to do with the matters of the rest of the Gods and keep their powers a secret.

Dionysus - The god of fertility and wine, a patron to the arts. He had a dual nature; on one hand, he brought joy and divine ecstasy; or he would bring brutal and blinding rage. Dionysus was the son of Zeus and Semele, and he was the only god with a mortal parent. He became one of the most important gods in everyday life and was associated with several key concepts. One was rebirth after death; his dismemberment by the Titans and his return to life was symbolically echoed in viticulture, where the vines must be pruned back sharply, and then become dormant in winter for them to bear fruit.
Powers - Strength, Water to Wine, Touch of Ecstasy, Touch of Rage, rarely Healing Touch

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheBlackThrone

A Carnage god game? You know for a fact you have my interest.  ;D
The gates are open
Current Time Zone: US MST
Delays: School 20 Feb - 9 May
Current solo request: None.
Current group request: Strings

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 02, 2017, 03:49:32 PM
A Carnage god game? You know for a fact you have my interest.  ;D

Haha glad to see I've pulled in your interest.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Dragonslayer

AmbrosiaPudding

Wonderful. I'm getting all the information I want to show you all together.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Caela

AmbrosiaPudding

Alright well, it's a good deal of information that I'm working on I should have it up by the end of the day today.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Alright I've pushed a good influx of information into the thread. I'm not going to put a limit on how many Gods/Goddesses can have children at the moment.

Also if you wanted to play a historical mythological figure, Hercules, Perseus, Theseus, etc and not have the story for them go exactly as it did in the books, I'd be open to listening to your take on said character.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheBlackThrone

Character sheet?  ::) I mean, I can invent something too.
The gates are open

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: TheBlackThrone on December 03, 2017, 01:31:30 PM
Character sheet?  ::) I mean, I can invent something too.

There is a CS template edited into the first post.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheBlackThrone

WIP - Dionysus
[Floatleft]
Face Claim: Brandon Stoughton[/float]
Name: Dionysus; Dion to the Mortals
Powers:

Strength – Dionysus is the last god anyone would relate strength to. Thus makes him the most underestimated god. While he isn’t known for his strength, he is still a son of Zeus. Godly strength: check.

Water to Wine – Dionysus’s power is fueled by wine. It is believed that under the influence of wine, one could feel possessed by a greater power. For Dionysus this is true. Under the influence, his other powers are super effective. Over the years, he hasn’t been able to taste much ambrosia—his favorite drink. The thirst! ‘Tis a cruel drought! Ambrosia is the ultimate brew to send his abilities through the roof.

Touch of Ecstasy – Dion has the touch of a god—duh. He can make anyone feel fantastic with just the right touches. For him, it’s easy for others not so much. He doesn’t abuse his powers for why try to pleasantly touch someone who doesn’t want to be touched? His powers work on either sex.

Touch of Rage – Dion has used this touch to destroy the lives of many. Falling into a blind rage is not the best solution to anyone’s problems and may cause more harm than good. Dionysus knows this and he uses this touch on those who he doesn’t like. He will stand back and watch them destroy everything they hold dear.

Healing Touchlocked

Personality: Dion is very outgoing. We’re talking about the guy who leaves one night and doesn’t return until some time tomorrow. Whatever happened could either come back to haunt him or be left behind as a pleasant memory to reflect on. He is always looking for a party, and if there isn’t a party to go to, then he will start one. It was not surprising that post-college (after he dropped out from partying so hard), he got a job as a bartender for the night club known as Club Sleepover. Dion has mastered crafting drinks to the point that he believes it’s an art. He loves creating the best drinks, especially if it’s to please his potential lovers. You want something sweet? Sour? Bitter? Something to knock you on your ass? Dion will make it happen.

The bartender is as smooth as an Irish whiskey, and the men and ladies should be careful for as sweet as he is, he is a strong brew. He will rarely turn down a pretty face - and this goes both ways. Even if it’s a one-night-stand to forever be forgotten afterwards, he’s your man. Dion is not afraid to compliment a gorgeous gal or handsome uptight lug, and he is more than willing to take the claws and fangs as consequence. It is so worth it.

His fame as a bartender and a manwhore may have made him a little egotistical, but he knows when to reel it in...somewhat. Dion will crack a joke or a side comment in even the most tense of situations. As a god, Dion has been desired by both men and women. His handsome and sexually promiscuous nature has led to many wanting to sleep with him and back in the day, there were some crazy orgies of legend in his name and worship. Take that Aphrodite!

Lineage & Background: (God/Goddess parent, how it happened, etc)
Ons: O/O
Offs: O/O
The gates are open

Anouk Daae

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

TheBlackThrone

All I got is lineage and background, I'll work on that tomorrow. I did some re-reading on him and I forgot he was bi. So, I made him so.  ;D
The gates are open

AmbrosiaPudding

Alright here is a peak at one of my CS's so you guys can see what I'm going for here. The game will be, after a few initial posts set in Ancient Greece for the most part.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

[Floatleft] [/float]

Name:Acaciella, Ceilla, Jones 

Powers: Speed, Healing, and Archery

Personality: Ceilla is a headstrong, bright woman raised by a single , working, mother she learned early to be extremely independent. Throughout her life Ceilla was often described as a bright spot on a dark day. Vivacious, flirty, confident, and ambitious she is not one to be taken lightly. Though she is extremely loyal to her friends and family, Ceilla isn’t one to be tied down easily. Always searching for something more, the perfect concoction of a way she had created in her mind long ago. Morally Ceilla has always been of strong convictions with very clear views of right from wrong.

Lineage & Background: Raised by her Mother Lily, Ciella never knew much about her father other than his name was Phobos. From what her mother could tell her, her Father was a wonderful man. A golden Doctor, with golden hair and skin just like Ciella. He wooed her Lily off her feet and in a night of unbridled passion she was graced with Ciella nine months later. He was a blessing to Lily, she got the job she had been wanting, an excellent daycare of Ciella, everything went right for her after meeting Ciella father.

As she grew Ciella's mother entered her into every sport, activity, and class she could because she knew just like her Father, Ciella was special. She excelled academically as well as athletically. She grew up strong, beautiful, envied by many. Often times Ciella found herself a pariah among girls her own age often being ostracized by them because of the male attention she naturally brought. Ciella vowed never to be like that, so when  girl of unnatural beauty, even more beautiful than Ciella, she made quick friends with her, discovering the girl had been brought up by a single parent as well, her Father.

After finishing High School at the top of her class with a 4.0 as Valedictorian. With a full scholarship Ciella attended Johns Hopkins University where she began to study medicine, with the intention of becoming a Doctor just as her father had been. While in college it was then that Ciella discovered Greek Mythology in a literature class. She learned of the God Apollo. Though she never said it to anyone, after learning about the God Ciella couldn't help but feel a special connection with him. Researching deeper and discovering he often went by other names, such as Phobos, Ciella felt that justified what she believed deep within her. Though it wasn't until Cronus called upon her, scaring the ever loving crap out of her as she practiced on a cadaver, that Ciella came to the truth that she had always known.

Ons/Offs

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Amarlo

Would it totally out of the question to play someone like say.... Persephone? ::)

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Amarlo on December 04, 2017, 07:03:09 PM
Would it totally out of the question to play someone like say.... Persephone? ::)

Totally out of the question? No. Though the game is more geared toward the demigods though if you've got a good pitch it'd be interesting.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Amarlo

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

BentonKjarn

New to E, but interested in trying if you will have me.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
[Floatleft] [/float]
Name: Anthony "Tony" Cabeiri
Powers: Strength, Weapons Handling, Volcanic Eruption (Only in moments of great duress, ie 'Hulking Out'.) 
Personality:  Sullen, Hot Tempered, Bitter
Lineage & Background: Tony was born to one of a harem of women who attended to a brilliant Oakland metalworker/sculptor who was known simply by the name Vulcan (Hephaestus).  No one was sure who his mother had been, and she had left him behind in the great man's workshop soon after Tony was born.  Vulcan had rejected the boy as his son, until he was forced to take responsibility when it was shown that Tony had a clubbed right foot, exactly like his own.  The sculptor treated the boy as an apprentice more than a son, teaching him how to smith metal in his giant workshop in an abandoned warehouse deep in the ruins of West Oakland.  Despising the art world, the boy grew up wanting to fight, starting out in wrestling and moving to MMA. Using the hard muscle built up swinging a hammer, but ultimately he could not be medically cleared to fight in real MMA matches due to his club foot.  In a rage and blaming his father, Tony had burned down the warehouse containing the workshop, hoping to provoke a reaction.  Instead Vulcan had simply left town to start somewhere else, leaving Tony to make do as best he could as metalworker and fighter in unlicensed MMA matches.
Ons: Having grown up attention starved, once past his prickly exterior, someone would find a wounded and needy soul, desperate for a cause to believe in or a leader to follow. 
Offs: Anyone who mentions his disability.  Though he is very bisexual, he would be extremely defiant to male authority and male authority figures.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: BentonKjarn on December 05, 2017, 07:02:43 AM
New to E, but interested in trying if you will have me.

I like 'em! I didn't think that anyone would take to being one of the children of Hephaestus but I'm happy someone did.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Mtpersson

I could be interested in this.

Mulling over making a sporty, outdoors-y daughter of Artemis.

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Mtpersson on December 05, 2017, 02:49:09 PM
I could be interested in this.

Mulling over making a sporty, outdoors-y daughter of Artemis.

There is a special note about daughters of Artemis under the Goddesses' name

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Mtpersson

Quote from: CarnageIncarnate on December 05, 2017, 02:55:33 PM
There is a special note about daughters of Artemis under the Goddesses' name

Are you referring to the offer of the eternal hunt at 16 or keeping the powers private?

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Mtpersson on December 05, 2017, 03:02:39 PM
Are you referring to the offer of the eternal hunt at 16 or keeping the powers private?

Both! Part of her background will need to be why she didn't join the hunt, or if she did she she willingly left it.

Solo Count 2/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop