Bouncing Ideas Off The Plot Wall (M seeking F, assorted)

Started by TheGlyphstone, March 31, 2010, 04:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

------
Honorverse Story (Any)

Looking to play out a story of some sort between two OCs in the universe of David Weber's Honor Harrington series of sci-fi books. I'm open to pretty much any pairing that would make sense - Audubon Ballroom member+slave, escaped or otherwise, Manticoran secret agent/resistance member on a Republic-occupied planet, two officers on a warship (without violating Article 119), or pretty much anything else.

---------

Chemistry of Love (Light)

A brilliant but absentminded scientist hires a young woman to work as his lab assistant and general helper. She quickly discovers that she finds him extremely attractive, and wants their relationship to go beyond the merely professional, but he seems to be completely oblivious to her feelings and subtle hints, focused entirely on his latest experiment. Eventually, she decides to take matters into her own hands...

Looking for someone to play the lab assistant. This could be fit in pretty much any setting - contemporary, sci-fi, or fantasy (modified to alchemist/sorcerer+acolyte).

-------

The Monster Hunter's Apprentice (Light/BON)
-A dangerous fantasy world, filled with dragons and trolls and all sorts of other beasties who are a constant danger to the common people.
-A gruff and bitter man who makes his living as a monster hunter, travelling around and dispatching marauding creatures in exchange for whatever pay the local villagers can accumulate. He fights with grit, wits, and maybe a magical bauble or two, a lone wolf always on the search for new prey.
-A spirited, independent girl born for a completely different era, constantly dreaming about a life of adventure and excitement instead of the dreary arranged marriage that lies somewhere ahead of her.

When their paths cross, likely in the process of his destruction of a monster who happened to have caught her during one of her ill-advised wanderings, she sees him as her ticket to the life she dreamed of, and runs away from home to follow him when he leaves. Initially defensive of his independent lifestyle, he eventually (grudgingly) agrees to show her the tricks of his trade to ensure that there will be a hunter when he's gone, and as time passes, they each begin to realize deeper feelings for the other.

Again, looking for someone to play the prospective apprentice - she could be a commoner, a merchant's child, or even a noblewoman.

------------------------------------

All The Time In The World (Light/BON or NC)
Twenty Minutes into the Future, stable and somewhat economical time travel technology letting people visit the past has opened up an entirely new form of tourism..and an entirely new form of crime. Wealthy, unscrupulous collectors pay big bucks on the black market for temporal artifacts of all kinds, everything from famous paintings to authentic brass subway tokens. In response, the Temporal Police (in between preventing madmen from changing history to make themselves rule the world) are forced to open a special department designed to prevent or counter these otherwise minor thefts, having no way to predict what otherwise innocuous objects might cause a major paradox if disturbed.

Enter two figures. A seemingly uncatchable master time-thief, rich off countless heists and a constant thorn in the side of the authorities. A stoic, relentless detective who has made it the goal of their career to catch this "Phantom". Pursuing a tip-off that for once turns out to be accurate, the detective manages to corner their prey somewhere far in the past, and a struggle ensues. Somewhere during the fracas, both of their travel devices end up damaged, stranding them in the past, two refugees displaced far away in time and space from their home...

This is the most flexible/complicated of my ideas, so I put it last in the list. I'm open to playing either the thief or the detective, and the setting could be anywhere from medieval times to the current "present" by our reckoning, and all sorts of things in between. As a Light/BON scenario, it would probably involve the two characters grudgingly deciding to work together voluntarily, either to wait for some sort of rescue, or to engineer an escape by themselves. It'd also work as NC, in which case whichever character I end up playing (I prefer writing as dominant) would end up overpowering the other during the initial struggle, possibly including rape, and only afterwards discovering they are trapped, at which point it would proceed much the same as above minus the 'voluntary' part.

TheGlyphstone

Added a generic Honorverse story proposal, if there's any other Weber fans out there. All plots are still open.

TheGlyphstone

Chemistry of Love has been taken, everything else is still free for ideas. Very willing to tweak or modify details or tags if necessary.

playfullchick76

I like the monster hunters apprentice one, and the very last one you put in. It is a big idea, and I can see why you put it last. In most of my rps, I play the good character, so to portray the bad one for a change, appeals to me.

Drako

Monster Hunter's Apprentice seems like fun. Let me know if your up for playing with me or not.

TheGlyphstone