Doctor Who, Lost Memories: Thrill Seeker [fireandblood & Villain]

Started by fireandblood, January 07, 2013, 07:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fireandblood

Robin was pleased to see the reaction she brought about in the Doctor. It was nice to know that she could have any sort of effect on him, but it was interesting that now he seemed to almost encourage her rather than push her away. When she'd kissed him as a human, his immediate response was to stiffen and basically reprimand her... But now that she was a Time Lord, it seemed it was a bit more acceptable.

"I'm glad you like it," she replied, her voice matching his low pitch. For a moment she was silent as his fingers ran along her lower back, the cool brush of skin upon skin causing goosebumps to raise along her arms. "I believe the TARDIS knew exactly what I should wear to this... occasion." She smiled again, letting him feel her lips curve up against his cheek.

"And Doctor," she whispered directly into his ear, "I believe you've looked me over enough to know that any weapon I would be trying to conceal would be quite... visible. It is, as you've said, quite fitted to my figure." At that, she lowered her head a little so that her breath would again ghost along his neck. Her voice was slightly louder when she continued.

"Besides, I can think of many other ways to slay you, Doctor."

Villain

The Doctors feet slipped on the ground as she whispered the words into his ear. Everything that had been calm and composed crumbled along with the Doctor's balance as he let go of Robin and sauntered back from her, his hat falling to the ground as he struggled to keep on his feet. With some effort and a lot of luck, the Doctor retained his balance and ceased his hat from the floor. As he straightened, he plucked two glasses of champagne smoothly from a passing waiter, before downing the bubbling liquid in one shot and throwing the empty glass over his shoulder.

"Go on, laugh," the Doctor said as he stepped back in towards Robin and handed her the remaining glass of champagne whilst his hand curled around hers once more. "It's pretty ridiculous. I'm over a thousand years old and yet I can't remain composed when you look like....you know...how you are...now."

fireandblood

It was all Robin could do not to laugh as the Doctor completely lost his composure. As he wobbled back from her, she placed her hands on her hips to watch him. He looked completely discombobulated, stumbling around and losing his hat. But somehow she kept herself looking normal, the same slight smile playing at her lips. She accepted the champagne graciously, taking a sip as they resumed their dancing positions.

"Oh?" she asked, taking another sip and looking directly into his caramel eyes. "And how exactly do I look to you, Doctor?"

Villain

"Do you really need me to say it?" The Doctor asked, tilting his head to one side as he looked at her, before a sly smile slowly crossed over his lips as he looked over her once more, slowly, from head to toe, just before he stepped in closer and brought his face next to her ear and whispered. "Ebony hair, violet eyes, ivory skin, a figure that molds to the shape of that scarlet dress your wrapped in. You were beautiful before Robin, but you've always had something about you that catches peoples eyes, that aura that just screams trouble. Its something that you kept even after you regenerated."

"Only this time its awakened this beast," the Doctor chuckled before his free hand reached to the side of her hip and stroked down it, stroking against her bare leg gently before rising back up and curling around her waist to creep up her bare back. "That beast that spells trouble for me...but you know, that's why we're invincible, that's why we were destined to meet and that's why we're here, at the start of a new era, dancing under golden light."

"That's what I see when I look at you. Trouble. And I don't shy away, because that's what I like best. That's why we ride in the TARDIS and fly through dimensions and storms and the very vortex of time itself, because we long for it," the Doctor spoke before pulling his head back to look into her eyes.

"And you know...as I've already said. You've got a nice bum. I can't really ask more of a companion than that," he chuckled mischievously, his grin brightening as he looked into her eyes.

The music had now changed. In the background they could hear the sound of a bell tolling and the excited chatter of the guests, but they did not need to turn to know what was coming, for they new it all too well, they could feel it in their minds, in their skin and blood. New Year was approaching.

fireandblood

This time it was Robin's turn to nearly lose control. The Doctor had turned her own trick against her, breathing the words into her ear intimately. She could feel the stubble on his cheeks gently brushing against her, a little scratchy but not unpleasant in the slightest. The Doctor smelled of mint and honey and that something extra... Perhaps it was time itself.

Another shiver traveled over her as his hand first brushed along her exposed leg and then trailed back up her hip and to the bare skin of her back. His hand was smooth and cool, a nice contrast to the heat she could feel coloring her skin. But that same smile was touching her lips, the smile that spoke to the truth of what the Doctor was saying... Trouble.

He broke his own spell, though, as he joked about her bum and looked into her eyes. She laughed, only a slight tremor audible in the light sound. Then she heard the music change and she pulled herself closer to the Doctor.

"Are there going to be..." she breathed on his neck, her fingers tugging away from his shoulder and tracing a light trail to the exposed skin at his throat, before reaching up to tuck a piece of hair behind his ear, "Fireworks?"

Villain

The Doctor didn't answer at first, instead he kept looking into her eyes, smiling softly before he nodded and took her hand, turning her to the stairs and pulling her across.

"But, if we're going to see them, we can't just wait here on the bottom floor, we have to go right to the top," he spoke as they climbed the stairs, until eventually they came across two large golden doors, that opened for them as they approached.

They stepped inside, the Doctor chuckling the entire time, before he pulled out his screwdriver and pointed it at the elevator controls. The information panel gradually changed numbers as it climbed, but when the Doctor pointed the tool at the panel the number began to rapidly climb as the elevator zoomed through the floors at high speed.

"I really, must not yell geronimo!" The Doctor yelled as they sped through the floors, until they reached floor one thousand and fourteen where the doors opened to reveal a large green garden, bathed in shadows and moon light, that stood below a vast starry sky and looked upon a huge futuristic city.

"Here we are. With one minute to spare before the count down," the Doctor said as he stepped out. Twirling with every step as his arms gestured to his sides at the green grass, the rows of exotic flowers, the finely crafted stone statues and small palm trees with orange leaves. "A good spot don't you think?" The Doctor asked. "Of course, if security catches us up here they'll boot us out. This is the owners ex-wife's sacred garden. She spent days, weeks and months, paying people to tend to it for her and make it absolutely perfect."

fireandblood

Robin returned the smile as the Doctor pulled her toward the stairs. When they got into the lift, Robin pressed herself close to the Doctor, feeling his proximity even more in the confines of the golden elevator. They started to ascend, and Robin let out a little yelp of excitement as the other Time Lord pointed the sonic at the controls and made them speed up to a reckless pace.

But as they doors opened at the top, Robin fell silent, looking out at the amazing scene in front of her. A perfectly sculpted garden waited for them, the colors all white or black in the light of the moon, the water in the little ponds reflecting the winking stars. She took a step out, watching the Doctor as he walked to show her the beautiful landscapes of the garden.

Then, she ran, past the Doctor and to the edge of the roof, stopping to look out into the city below. It was a spectacular sight, and it took Robin's breath away. Whirling, she grinned widely at the Doctor, her chest heaving with excitement.

"This is beautiful," she said breathlessly, extending a hand in offering. "Absolutely beautiful."

Villain

"It is, New York never ceases to be beautiful on New Years Eve," the Doctor said as he walked, taking off his hat and throwing it onto the head of one of the statues. He walked over to Robin's side and leaned back on the balcony whilst his hand sought out hers and wrapped around it. "The start of the year five billion. A momentous year for the universe as the Earth is laid to rest. Even though it will depart as the sun burns the uninhabited rock, the will of the races that lived there will still go on. Civilizations from across the galaxy will revel in its recorded history, colonies of humans will explore the strange cultures that existed on it and alien races will tell stories of great men and women who have left such a mark on the world that time cannot possibly erase them."

"And it doesn't just stop at individuals," the Doctor said with his pearly mischievous smile as he looked up into the vast starry sky. "No one forgets the imprint that Earths countries have left. The Olympics still continues, the red poppy becomes a universal symbol to remember soldiers lost in war time, the day of the dead festival is celebrated on nineteen different worlds and holiday celebrations from Christmas to Halloween are accepted into hundreds of different cultures."

"Five Billion years and we are still growing and learning from both the past and the future. Things change and we roll with it, making the best of bad situations, breaking through obstacles and discovering incredible secrets," the Doctor said before chuckling warmly and dropping his head to look towards Robin. "Do you still want to see it all Robin? You've got a frustratingly long life ahead of you. That's a lot of time to explore"

fireandblood

Robin smiled as she listened to the Doctor speak, her smile growing the whole time. He was painting a picture for her, a picture that spanned millennia and included a history of both before her time and after it. It was beautiful and infinite, stretching across the universe... And Robin could see it.

She could see the turn of the galaxies, the rotation of time itself, the impact that even a little species like humans could have on creation. It was completely beautiful. Tears sprang to her eyes as she contemplated all the things she could see with these new eyes, and she squeezed the Doctor's hand with emotion.

"I can't believe you would even have to ask that question," she said, her voice soft and full of tears. "Of course, Doctor. Always."

Villain

The Doctor's toothy grin shone in the darkness of the night. He squeezed Robin's hand and looked up once more at the sky. His golden eyes twinkled with pure joy, searching the stars as if planning where they their next destination would be. The whole of time and space was before them and for the first time the Doctor really appreciated just how spoiled for choice they really were.

He let out a laugh of surprise as a rainbow of special effect lasers suddenly cut through the sky and danced, writing glowing messages in hundreds of different languages on the pitch black canvas. Music was soaring through the night sky, growing louder and louder as bells tolled to warn of the approach of the new year.

"Its nice to see lasers for once and not have to duck and cover," the Doctor said as he looked up at them, before suddenly a frown began to creep at the corners of his mouth. "Robin...there's something I have to tell you."

fireandblood

Robin's gaze followed the Doctor's out into the sky. It all waited for them... Every planet, every moment, every star or asteroid or anything they chose along the way was theirs for the taking. Well, not taking exactly. More like... looking. Robin grinned, wishing they could stay in that moment forever, holding hands and contemplating the possibilities of their future.

Her grin widened further as the lasers shot into the sky, writing beautiful things in the black sky and soaring through the music that had started playing. Everything, in Robin's opinion, was perfect... And then, of course, the Doctor pulled a face.

"What?" she teased, reaching a hand up to push her fingers at the downturned corner of his mouth. "No midnight kiss?" Her own smile faded, though, and she dropped the hand. "What is it, Doctor?"

Villain

"I'm not saying no to that, give it forty more seconds when the fireworks go off," the Doctor spoke with a sheepish grin, but the smile was fleeting and soon fell from his face. He was quiet for a moment and looked down at the city before them with a heaviness that Robin had seen so many times, however, this time there seemed to be something new in the pain, a sadness that seemed as dark and cold as the night sky.

"It's about something that happened while you were sleeping," the Doctor spoke softly. "Something that happened when I went to check on the resistance."

---

The TARDIS fading in to existence as it dematerialized on Bannerman Road, its cosmic melody resounding through he street. The door opened and with a hop, a skip and a jump, the Doctor left the TARDIS, grinning like a little kid as he ran down the road.

"Now lets see, where are you... where are you..." the Doctor whispered to himself as he counted down the doors before skidding to a halt. "There you are! Number thirteen!" The Doctor cheered as he looked up at the grand house before him; a great red brick building with clean white windows and a blue tiled roof.

"Fancy place. Bet you could play a cracking game of Hide and Seek in it," the Doctor mused before rapping the knuckles of both hands against the door and rapidly pressing the button for the door bell. "Come on! Let me in! Let me in! Let me in! Its time to reminisce and share stories and tell me how your sons getting on at University!"

The door opened and the Doctor beamed down at the girl who stood before him with a metal dog trailing at her side.

"Hello Sky! I see you got home okay. I hope the other Doctors weren't too annoying when they dropped you back in the Master's TARDIS," the Doctor said with a grin before crouching down and patting K-9's metal head. "And how are you K-9 my old chum? You being good for your owners?"

"Affirmative!" The metal dog chirped.

"That a boy!" The Doctor cheered before rubbing his hands eagerly and grinning at Sky. "So where are they?"

Sky looked down at the Doctor with a look of confusion on her face. She had changed since being dropped back, her dirty blond hair tied back in a knot and her ragged clothes had been replaced with a clean bright T-shirt and jeans. Reluctantly, she asked, "Where are who Doctor?"

"Oh come on! The Gang!" The Doctor cheered as he stood up and leaned in to look over her shoulder. "Luke! Rani! Clyde! Maria! Sarah! The whole gang! I've been dying to hear about what trouble you got up to before all of this took place."

"Doctor, not that I'm not pleased to see you, it's really nice of you to drop by after everything. I'm sure Luke and the others would enjoy seeing you too but... the don't come here," Sky spoke softly, watching the Doctor's face carefully. "They haven't been here a lot since it happened."

"What happened?" The Doctor asked, only half listening, his grin still wide and excited as he looked left and right down the corridor. "Can't we talk about this inside? I'd love a cup of tea."

"I can make you one," Sky said with a nod, "But Doctor... I was afraid of being the one to tell you, since it seemed that you had forgotten when we met at Trafalgar square, but... there is something you should know."

The Doctor stepped back and looked down at Sky. The grin slowly leaving his face. He looked up at the building with confused, scared eyes and stepped back with alarm. Horror flood his face as the most awful, most impossible thing to happen to him in the last twenty four hours came screaming into his head.

"No..." He whispered. "No...no... that's not possible."

"Doctor," Sky said softly, her voice strained as tear bean to fill her pretty dark eyes. "Mum's dead, she died last year."

"No," the Doctor repeated stepping back and pointing his finger forcefully at Sky, his body shaking with dread. "No," he said again, more defiantly this time. "Sarah Jane Smith, dead? That's not possible."

---

"But it was," the Doctor spoke, his voice low and cold as he looked over the city. "She had been battling cancer for months. It came out of nowhere. Most of her family didn't even know she was ill. By the time they found out it was too late, she couldn't be saved. Which was what was hardest for them. Luke and Sky are geniuses and their knowledge couldn't help at all."

"And I missed it Robin," the Doctor spoke, his voice breaking as he lowered his head to the rail and buried his head in his hands, running his fingers through his blond hair. "I missed it all. I could have taken her away. Brought her to this century and have them obliterate the evil thing, but I didn't, because my brain was broken and I couldn't remember her."

fireandblood

Robin tried to smile back at the Doctor's joke, but the expression left her face when it left the Doctor's. There it was again, that look she hated so much... The one she wished never to see him wear again. Even after they'd lost so much lately it was seeming to her like that look was fading from him... Yet here it was again, fresh and sad and despairing.

Her frown deepened as she listened to his tale. She'd only known Sky for a short while, but she'd liked her a lot. The girl was brave and kind, willing to do what needed to be done to protect those she loved. And Robin hadn't even got the chance to meet Sarah Jane, but the love was apparent in the Doctor's voice when he spoke of her, even in sadness. Robin could feel the tears welling up in her eyes as she realized what he was going to say.

When the despair and guilt made the Doctor's voice break, it was almost too much for Robin. She clasped her hands over her mouth, the tears threatening to spill over, the joy of the evening evaporating quickly as he  told the horrible tale. It was plain to see that he thought it was his fault... And Robin couldn't have that. She reached out and tugged at his hands, pulling him until he stood so that she could place her hands on either side of his face and look into his ageless, sad eyes.

"Doctor," she said softly, her voice gentle. "I am so sorry. I wish... Well, anyway. You have to know that it is not your fault. It isn't your fault that she got sick, and it isn't your fault that your brain was all messed up and you couldn't remember her. You can't try to take the blame every time one of your friends is lost. It'll crush you, Doctor. But it's what humans do... They get sick and they die. It sounds harsh but you know it's the truth, and you can't beat yourself up so much over it or you'll never be happy again. I know she was special to you, Doctor, but cancer takes lives all the time. My, well, my grandmother died of cancer. If we could go back and fix her I'd love to, but I know we can't. And you have to know that you can't, either. You have to do the only thing you can do for her, and that's remember her and remember all the wonderful times the two of you had together. That's what she'd want, I'm sure of it."

Robin wasn't certain she'd done any good; she wasn't as good of a speaker as the Doctor. But she hoped she'd done something for him, and after she finished talking, she released his face and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

Villain

"She was Sarah Jane Smith Robin," the Doctor spoke, resting his hands on either side of the railing, his head still lowered whilst his eye gazed dismally at the ground. "She was one of my oldest friends. She had been with me ever since my third face. She was one of the most courageous, ingenious and down right remarkable people I had ever met. And she honored me with a friendship I sometimes felt like I didn't deserve."

"I knew this day would come, but not like this. I imagined something far in the future. I thought of her surrounded by grandchildren and friends. And there would be me, popping in to say a final farewell and tell her just how incredible she was," the Doctor whispered. The sound of something light and wet pattered on the ground beneath the Doctor's feet. Tears were running down his face, but he wiped them away before she could see them. "And I didn't have that with her Robin. Just like the Brigadier, I passed her by."

The Doctor sighed heavily before straightening up and running his hands down his face before taking in a deep breath. He looked about the sky and managed to crack a smile as he looked up at the lasers, that were now drawing a gigantic target on the sky, readying it for the fire works.

"Not long now," the Doctor said quietly before swallowing hard.

"You're right," he croaked, "I know you're right, but yet I can't accept it. Things like this always feel like they're my fault, even though I know the only things that are at fault are fat and time itself. The luck of the draw made it so that I stand here with one less person in my life, with one more scar on my hearts," the Doctor said softly before turning to Robin and smiling softly. "Which is why I want you to call your brother Robin. I know you only saw him a moment ago, but you know as well as I do that humans lives will pass us by no matter how much we try to tell fate and time to go jump off a cliff."

fireandblood

Robin could see and hear the Doctor's tears falling to the ground, no matter how hard he tried to hide them from her. His sadness made her hearts ache, and she wished there was something - anything - she could do. But try as she might, she was still only a Time Lord, and not capable of raising the dead. And that would be the only thing that could possibly lift this horrible look off the Doctor's face.

When he turned to Robin and spoke to her, she could see a couple of tears glistening on his cheeks. Smiling gently, she took his hands in hers and looked up at him. Slowly, she kissed his cheeks, tasting the saltiness of his tears. When she'd finished, she placed one hand on his stubbly face, wiping just under his right eye to catch the last glistening drop of sadness and whisk it away.

"Right you are," she whispered, stepping a little closer to him. "As soon as we get back to the TARDIS, I'll call him. But Doctor... I really want you to know how sorry I am. And how much I wish I could... help. Do something to make you happy." Her smile turned a little sad. "But I know I can't. I can never take her place. All I can do is tell you over and over how terribly sorry I am for your loss."

Villain

The Doctor smiled and lifted his hand to cover hers as she wiped away the tear. His caramel eyes met with her deep purple eyes and for a moment his free hand reached up and stroked down her bare arm tenderly. The bells in the distance were getting louder and louder by the moment, but yet that didn't seem to matter as they looked at each other.

"I don't want you to take her place," the Doctor said warmly as he lowered her hand from his face and brought it to his lips. "You're Robin Baker or whatever crazy title you want to call yourself. Your you and that's all you need to be." He pressed his lips tenderly to her fingers before suddenly snickering and shaking his head, a grin managing to grow once more on his lips.

"Boy do I know how to show a girl a good time. I take her to a nice place and end up blubbering. I don't remember being so uncool," the Doctor spoke before hesitating and rolling his eyes. "Actually, now that I think about it, I remember being uncool quite a lot."

fireandblood

Robin could hear the chiming of the bells, but it seemed as though the sound came from worlds away. All she cared about was the moment she and the Doctor were sharing, their bodies close and his emotions for once all too apparent. It was the most beautiful and sad thing she'd ever seen, like something out of an old painting.

Yet even through his sadness he managed to give her the chills as he kissed her long fingers. She knew she shouldn't even be thinking about that, not with the Doctor so pained before her, but it wasn't her fault he was touching her so gently. As he smiled she managed one too, a single tear leaking from her eye and rolling slowly down her cheek.

"Doctor, I'm glad you trust me enough to do... this in front of me," she said, gesturing to him with her free hand. "And you aren't uncool. No matter how goofy or completely infuriating you are at times, you're still the 'coolest' man in the universe."

Villain

"You're going to regret stroking my ego like that," the Doctor chuckled. "It goes right to my head and I start thinking I can get away with anything. Just ask my flat mate Craig. His girlfriend said I was clever so I blew up the top floor of his house," the Doctor said before turning his head as the sky suddenly lit up with bright glittering light.

The fireworks had started. Great streaks of flaming golden glitter exploded in the sky above them, following by huge swirling balls of sparks that resembled the planets themselves, danced around them before exploding with a loud bang. In mere seconds the sky was full of different colors as fireworks screeched and popped in the vast blast, showering the world below with beautiful twinkling lights. The music somehow managed to remain heard over the explosions, a strange take on old lang syne played with instruments that Robin would have never heard before.

"Happy New Year Robin," the Doctor said with a smile as he turned to look back at her. "Lets make it a good one," he said happily and with that, leaned in and pecked Robin softly on the lips before drawing back and grinning broadly at the girl.

fireandblood

Robin marveled at the beauty of the New Year's celebration. The fireworks were more advanced than anything she'd ever seen, creating vivid, swirling patterns in the black expanse of the night sky. It was beautiful and complex, colorful and bright. The music swirled around them warmly, strange instruments piecing together a new version of Auld Lang Syne.

She laughed, however, as the Doctor pressed a very chaste kiss to her lips. Though she would never admit it, even that smallest show of affection caused her to shiver slightly. Raising a finger, she wagged it at him with a small shake of her head.

"Don't think you're getting away with that," she murmured before standing on tiptoe and pressing her lips to his once again. It was still an innocent kiss, but it was also a lingering one, and when Robin pulled away she sucked lightly on his bottom lip. With a dangerous twinkle in her eye she leaned once again into his ear, her whisper dark and sultry.

"Happy New Year," she said, a devilish grin playing at her throat. "And I don't think I would ever regret stroking anything of yours, Doctor."

Villain

The Doctor's lips had been parted slightly from the kiss. A blank look had crossed over his roughly shaven face as he blinked dumbly at the cheeky girl before him. Very slowly, the grin returned to his face and the Doctor chuckled, shaking his head at Robin before wrapping his arm around her waist and turning her in the direction of the elevator.

"Your trouble Robin. You really are. I'm going to have to start sleeping with one eye open when I go to bed from now on," the Doctor said mischievously, running a finger up her back teasingly as they walked through the garden, back to the elevator doors. "Otherwise I'll wake up and find myself handcuffed to something or perhaps find that some minx has stolen all my good jumpers while I was asleep."

A final volley of great golden rockets shot into the air and exploded as they walked away, showering the world in glistening golden rain. The falling sparks had no heat as they washed over the two of them and as they touched their bodies they seemed to light up their skin, almost as if to infect them with pure golden light.

fireandblood

Robin laughed as the Doctor placed his arm around her waist. It was nice to see him smiling again; even if it was more for her benefit than out of true happiness, it was better than the look he'd had before. As they walked back toward the lift, she leaned into him comfortably, wishing they could stay like this forever. Another shiver traveled up her back along with the Doctor's finger.

"I doubt I'll ever have to really steal anything of yours," Robin said as they got into the elevator. "Apparently all it takes is a few flirty words or a nice dress and you're putty in my hands... Though you may have been right about the handcuffing." Looking up at him, she winked, wrapping her own arm around his waist. "Thank you for this. It was absolutely breathtaking."

Villain

"Oh Robin, if handcuffing worked on me then Harry Houdini would think those four and a half weeks he spent teaching me were a waste of time," the Doctor chuckled as he led her into the elevator before winking at her. "You're welcome Robin. You look stunning by the way. Although I will have to ban that dress from our future adventures. You're far too dangerous when you're wearing that" the Doctor said whilst running a finger down the side of the scandalous red dress and grinning at her.

The doors of the elevator were half way to closing before the Doctor let out a cry of frustration and slapped his forehead, "Stupid me! I forgot my hat!" He said before leaping through the doors as they were still shutting and calling after Robin. "I'll meet you back at the TARDIS in five!" Just before the doors closed behind him with a clunk.

He walked over to the statue that he had thrown his hat onto and picked it off it with a smirk.

"She's a lot of trouble that one. If her mother could see her now there's no doubt in my mind that she would be telling me to stay away from her," the Doctor chuckled before walking towards the balcony and spinning the fedora hat on the end of his finger.

"Although...I'm rather looking forward to seeing what trouble she can get me into. It sounds like a lot of fun. My kind of fun," he said before slowly placing the hat on his head and adjusting it before taking one last look at the starry night sky, filled with sparks and fire. He smiled softly and patted the pocket that he kept the letter from Romana in whilst admiring the beauty of the night and the sights and sounds of a wonderful celebration that celebrated the dawn of a bold new age.

And then, after taking in the whole image of the grand New Years Eve night, the Doctor blinked.

Something appeared before the Doctor's eyes, snarling at him with a horrid ugly face of razor teeth. Its hands were clawed and raised back in in preparation to attack, its wings outstretched by its sides as it prepared to strike at him and send him hurling into oblivion. Which it would have done, had the creature not been currently trapped in the form of a lifeless stone statue whilst the Doctor gazed upon it.

"What, did you think I wouldn't notice?" the Doctor asked coldly as he glared down the stone angel that perched on the balcony in front of him. "The ex-wife didn't like statues of anything bigger than a garden gnome. She didn't like feeling small in the place that she sought isolation. Of course I knew it was one of you."

"In a way, I'm glad that you're here, because now I can tell you a message that you can pass on to your friends," the Doctor said before leaning in and grinning devilishly at the stone creature. "You and your kind are never ever to come within a mile of Robin. You may have taken Amy and Rory from me, but that's all you get. You're never going to get that lucky ever again."

"So pass on the message and tell your buddies that the Doctor is watched and waiting for the Weeping Angels. And he is fully prepared to wipe them from existence, the Doctor said before hesitating and chuckling before saying, "You know what. I'll tell them myself," before kicking the weeping angel, sending him flying off the roof of the skyscraper, hurtling down towards the ground, all whilst the Doctor stared after it, keeping his eyes on its descent.

fireandblood

"I'll have to find better handcuffs, then," Robin said, trying to ignore the goosebumps that raced along her arms at his touch. "And thanks... But if you think you can 'ban' me from wearing what I like, you've -" She was cut off, though, as the Doctor realized he forgot his hat. Sighing as he bounded back through the doors of the closing lift, she shook her head. Something didn't seem right about it... Like he'd done it on purpose.

Robin narrowed her eyes, hoping he'd explain it to her later. Since the elevator hadn't been sped up by the sonic this time, it took a lot longer to reach the bottom, and by the time the doors opened up she had her arms crossed over her chest and was tapping her toe impatiently. Finally she walked out, back into the myriad sounds and sights inside the grand ballroom.

A holographic band was playing Sing, Sing, Sing, one of Robin's favorite jazz tunes. A smile turned up the corners of her lips as she listened. Suddenly, she found that she wasn't alone. A man had approached her and was giving her a very pointed stare. Robin looked at him with that same mysterious smile on her face, brushing past him nonchalantly.

"Can I not even ask for this dance?" he called after her, trying to catch up. Robin paused, looking him over. He was handsome, she supposed, with dark curly hair and eyes of the same color. "When I saw you come out of the lift I knew immediately that you were the most beautiful woman here." Robin laughed lightly, grinning at him.

"Sorry mate," she said, patting him on the arm. "I've got someone coming to meet me, and then we're off. I hope you have a wonderful New Year." She then walked back to the TARDIS, leaning on the blue door and waiting for the Doctor. And she knew she always would. Whatever may happen to them, eventually she would always find a way back to wait on her Doctor.

Villain

The Doctor watched the stone monster fall from the skyscraper, golden eyes piercing and hard as they stared down the creature as it tumbled towards the ground. It hit the stone floor with the force of a wrecking ball, burying it bottom first into the hard concrete, it ugly face still glaring up at the Doctor, as if silently cursing him.

The Doctor didn't say anything else as he scowled down at the creature. He just walked away from the edge and entered the elevator. It didn't matter that it had survived, all that mattered was that it knew that the Doctor was serious and that he would never ever let them get their hands on Robin Baker.

"Happy New Year," he muttered as the Doctors closed behind him. Just managing to catch a glimpse of a granite colored shadow moving through the air before the doors slid shut.

---

The Doctor returned to the TARDIS in no less than five minutes, a bottle of champagne tucked under one arm, a blue rose nestled between his fingers and a saxophone tucked under the other arm. He was laughing to himself as he walked towards her, a twinkle in his caramel eyes and a spring in his step. He stopped a metre or two away from Robin and danced towards her, humming Glen Miller's In the Mood the entire time.

When he stopped in front of Robin he handed her the bottle of champagne and offered the blue rose to her before reaching behind her and unlocking the door of the TARDIS. Once it had swung open he beamed at her before telling her; "We have to go. One member of the band was being rude to Bill the waiter, so I sort of....stole his saxophone and pretended to hit on his mother."

The Doctor looked nervously over his shoulder and scratched his head sheepishly before gesturing for Robin to head inside. "I would get inside. He's coming after me with a very large plasma rifle. It could probably boil my brain in a second."

fireandblood

Robin shook her head, grinning as she saw the Doctor heading toward her with an array of strange items. For some reason, she was relieved, as though there had been some sort f danger for him on the roof. That was absurd, though, because there he was, brandishing champagne and a flower, dashing as always.

She accepted the bottle and plucked the rose from his fingers, sticking her nose in it and taking a whiff. It smelled nothing like the roses she was familiar with but it was beautiful all the same, a rich scent full of notes of vanilla and other things she couldn't place. As he reached to open the door, she laughed and looked behind him to locate their newest threat.

"I guess we should call him Strax," she teased when she saw the man pointing a rather large gun at them. "Come on then Doctor, inside." Robin backed into the TARDIS, keeping her dark eyes on the other Time Lord and that little cheeky smile on her face. When she was in  she placed the rose on the console and started hunting for champagne flutes.

"Lovely flower," she remarked. "Matches the TARDIS nicely."