News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Star Trek: New Starfleet ship

Started by Tom, April 02, 2014, 04:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

This game is full, for the moment. Those who have already expressed their interest, but still not been added to the crew, are still welcome to complete character concepts and join the game.

Basic information
Number of players: 4-8.
Setting: TNG/DS9 era.
Location: A new Starfleet vessel exploring known and unknown parts of the quadrant.

Roleplaying style
Writing style: Third person, past tense.
RPG style: Non-system freeform, GM-controlled. The GM will provide scene descriptions, NPC-interaction, computer interection and results of attempted actions.
Posting style: Forum, single thread. Minor requirements for header of each post (name/location).

Sexual elements
Gender: Players of any gender may play characters of any gender. Any pairings for sexual situations are allowed (m/f, f/f, m/m, etc.).
Sexual content: Light/bondage.
Smut level: About 1/4 smut to 3/4 plot, which basically means a plot based game, with the occasional sexual encounter.

Character submission
Please post your character concepts in this thread. I will update this section continously. I'm looking for basic descriptions of name, species, gender and desired position(s). If several players are interested in the same position (such as the Captain), I will decide who gets it by non-random selection.

Crew (updated)
Captain: Shae Voss, Vulcan/Human female. Player: Ascia.
First Officer:  Commander D'rogar Pendros, Pendari male. Player: Juggtacular.
Communications Officer: Lieutenant JG Koru Yan, Trill transgender (current host). Player: Foxy Oni.
Chief Security Officer:
Security Officer: Lieutenant Jack Gunner, Human male. Player: SGTDan.
Chief Engineering Officer: Lieutenant Mehor Russ, Orion male. Player: Zacharius.
Chief Science Officer:
Chief Medical Officer: Lieutenant Freyja L'ha, Betazoid female. Player: Absinthe Tori.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200729.0

Foxy DeVille

This could be fun. The character I have in mind in named Koru Yan. She's a Trill communications officer whose current host is a transgender woman.

Jayna

I would be interested. Either in a Tactical officer position or First Officer

SGTDan

Jack Gunner
Position:Security Officer
Species: Human
Sex: Male
Concept: Part of the Security Divisions away team but on the ship he's a senior crewman. Tasked with the higher profile posts like the bridge or brig. More brawn then brains but a decent security officer and is known to get the job done. Recently married, left on mission before his kid was born.

(Playing with all the cliches apparently, never noticed it till my idea was written it out.)
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
Do you love Star Trek? Answer the Call to Duty
My RP Requests

Ascia

I'll probably go Antosian. Or an unusual Vulcan. XO/Ops/Engineering could be interesting.

Tom

I'm glad to hear we have some interest in this game. I've added Foxy Oni's and SGTDan's character concepts to the crew manifest.

@Foxy Oni - If you would like your character young and inexperienced I suggest we go with a Lt. Junior Grade, or make her a little more seasoned Lieutenant.
@SGTDan - If we don't get a PC for Chief Security Officer, I will NPC an older character in that position who will often refer to his younger second in command (your character). I suggest we start him out as a Lieutenant.

Anyway, feel free to write up short backgrounds/bios.

@Jayna - The position of First Officer is available. Feel free to propose a character for that role.
@Ascia - It's up to you. Either position would be great to have aboard.

Foxy DeVille

LTJG works for me. It goes well with her history...

Koru Yan is a joined Trill, a humanoid lifeform that co-exists with another sentient organism known as a symbiont that is internally implanted. Symbionts can have several hosts spanning centuries. The age of the Yan symbiont is unknown but a previous host, Belen, served in Starfleet eighty years ago. Koru, the current host, was a transgender woman still in the process of transitioning when she was selected to join with the Yan symbiont. The memories of prior hosts of both genders proved quite beneficial to Koru and she emerged from the joining far more confident and at peace with herself. 

Currently Korus Yan is a lieutenant junior grade in Starfleet. She is slightly annoyed by her rank, thinking Belen's years of service should count in her own career but regulations insist that each host is a separate being. Koru is a communications officer and a very good one at that. The Trill are technologically advanced so she is quite at ease with the ship's equipment. Also, Koru knows many languages thanks to the memories of prior hosts and is well-versed in the cultures of many races.

With the memories of many lifetimes, Koru Yan is a true bon vivant. She is a fun-loving flirt who would rather have a few laughs with someone that have a serious relationship. While some might think this makes her shallow, it's because Koru has the absence of many lost loved ones lurking in her mind. In her down time Koru enjoys playing poker with other crew members and is a talented pianist. She especially loves old showtunes and standards from Earth's early 20th century. Koru loves hitting the bar, sometimes a bit too much. While Yan was pretty good in a brawl in previous hosts, this sometimes makes Koru forget she's only 5'1" until she realizes she's over her head figuratively and literally.   

Juggtacular

I'm interested in making a Captain who acts sort of like Kirk. Always finding himself in the middle of the action.

Juggtacular

Name: D'rogar Pendros
Position:Captain
Species: Pendari
Concept: D'rogar was born into a well off family due to his fathers success as a fighter. Fighting ability and strength plays a large role in Pendari culture and social heirarchy, and arena champions are treated like royalty(similar to American Athlete's and Sumo in Japan). He took after his father coming up and was very strong even for his age.

And while he was trained to follow in his father's footsteps, he had a different idea. He wanted to become one of the first Pendari to join Starfleet. He started as a Security Officer due to his exemplary combat and tactical skills, but also possessed a head for diplomacy; something rare in the usually short tempered Pendari. Hard work, dedication, and a very impressive service record eventually saw him promoted to Captain of a new ship tasked with exploring both known and unknown parts of the quadrant.

Ascia

Name:  Shae Voss (Original Vulcan name untranslatable.)
Position: Captain
Species: Vulcan/Human
Sex: Female
Concept:

The product of a V'tosh ka'tur (Vulcan without logic) artist considered dangerous by the Vulcan state and a human heiress looking to inherit a family business most known for it's technology development firm. While she would never know her father, extended family of her father's would see to Shae receiving a Vulcan upbringing equal to the human upbringing she received. The end result would be a young woman known for her duality; possessing a Vulcan side to her personality, and a human side to her personality--sides that seem to alternate rather than mixing such as the case in other well known Vulcan/human hybrids. Some Vulcan scholars aware of Shae postulate this unique personality structure is the result of emotions inherited from her father...emotions they believe may be more intense and dangerous than most Vulcans contend with.

Shae received a degree in Subspace Theory and Astrophysics from the Vulcan Science Academy before she eventually decided to join Starfleet. Though Shae's focus was on the Engineering department, her incredible exploits in Simulated Combat Scenarios caused enough of a stir on campus to push Academy staff to offer Shae a chance to take the infamous Kobayashi Maru. After beating the impossible test the first time, Academy staff ordered her to take the exam again. Again, Shae Voss beat the Kobayashi Maru--using a different tactic than the first time. Both tactics used to beat the impossible test remain unknown to Starfleet and the Academy in general: each test session, like the test itself, remaining top secret to all but Academy staff.

The success would lead to Cadet Voss striking a double focus for her remaining Academy years; in addition to her initial Engineering focus Shae added a focus on Command. Shae would continue her time at the Academy instead of regular graduation when she was accepted into the Academy's Advanced Tactical Training School. Shae graduated near the top of her class, and would spend the majority of her career in tech development at Utopia Planitia, commanding no more than initial shake downs for new starship prototypes. When tensions along the Neutral Zone arose, Shae was called to command an aging Galaxy class dreadnought, seeing combat no less than six times and success in each incident. Though Shae jokes her success in combat has turned her into a Starfleet 'Ace', the success did earn the attention of Starfleet brass. Looking to fill the Captain's chair of a new class of starship with someone equally capable of mastering the new science and technology as they are defending the new vessel and crew from harm, Starfleet Command has picked Shae and her unusual command style for the job.

Tom

@Ascia - I have added Shae Voss as the Captain of the new ship.

@Juggtacular - I would be happy if this interesting character would take the position as First Officer, with the Starfleet rank of Commander. With relations between the Federation and Pendari not going that many years back, I think it would be very appropriate.

@everyone - I will have the thread for our game setup today and you may commence posting. I will post the link in this thread. Your posts should look something like this example:

Character: Ensign D'ok

D'ok swallowed nervously. He was alone on the bridge. In a matter of hours and minutes, officers and crew would be filling the ship. There would doublessly be Humans and Vulcans and Andorians and all those imposing figures. And who was he? A mere Ferengi. A failed Ferengi; not the least interested in business and profit. Would they hate him? He changed the main view screen to give a rear view. Two large cargo containers were tractored into the main cargo hull. etc...

Tom

A thread for the game has been set up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200729.0
Players that have been added to the crew manifest are welcome to start posting.

Juggtacular

Tom

Quote from: Juggtacular on April 04, 2014, 03:10:39 PM
I'll take 1st Officer then.

Perfect. Your name has been added to the roster.

Zacharius

Name: Mehor Russ
Position: Chief Engineering Officer
Species: Orion
Concept:

Born to a society where the males were little more than cattle beneath their secretive female overlords, before his 'liberation' to Starfleet, Mehor had made little to no decisions for himself. Not particularly physically strong in his teens, Mehor instead took to engineering, or at least tinkering, in his service of those who controlled him, through culture, force and pheromones. As time passed his ability developed into great skill and interest, self-teaching to a complexity usually seen only at the highest levels of education, even at Starfleet. This made him a very useful, expensive asset, and the female ruler who's life he was bound to, sold him on to pirates as part of a particularly lucrative business deal. From then, at the age of 16, he would spend his days in the overbearing heat and grime of the Pirate ship 'Cable's engine rooms. Unable to quite connect his own efforts with the murder and theft committed by the pirates, who he served, Mehor detached himself from the harsh reality of his existence, throwing himself into the interesting world of technology. Little did he know, that the upgrades he installed, across the ship, allowed the Cable to earn its name as one of the top targets of Starfleet, something that would come to ahead shortly before his 23rd birthday, if he, or indeed anyone else, had kept track of such things.

By the time Starfleet managed to successfully disable the Cable, Mehor had become a young man befitting of his species, spending what time he was not working on the ship keeping up his physical fitness, he developed the physical form that would have set him aside for a militant role had he been born with it. When Starfleet struck, one of their main targets was the technological 'genius' who had upgraded the Cable, originally looking to place most of the associated blame on the individual. When it was discovered he was a slave, he was instead 'freed', on the condition he enrol with Starfleet. An agreement, despite the face he had no real concept of what liberty meant, he agreed to, quite obviously, rather than suffer legal blame. The only condition he managed to include on his own behalf was that he would not have to sit through pointless formal training, which he had long outstripped, beyond safety and discipline measures. Now a loyal, if isolated member of Starfleet, he has prepared for his first true posting.
So take my hand, lets go spinning, out into the night.

SGTDan

Quote from: Tom on April 03, 2014, 02:10:41 AM
@SGTDan - If we don't get a PC for Chief Security Officer, I will NPC an older character in that position who will often refer to his younger second in command (your character). I suggest we start him out as a Lieutenant.
Sounds good to me, I'm happy I can play a red shirt. Let's see if I end up being fodder!

Name: Jack Gunner
Position: Security Officer
Species: Human
Background:

To say Jack is a unremarkable man would be an understatement. There is not much that puts him apart from the rank and file aside from his competency at his job. There are no heroics in his service jacket, he hasn't saved a planet nor has he saved an entire ship from a warp core explosion. No he's a man who does his job. However it's a job he does damn well as seen by the fact he has risen to help lead a company only a few years after being commissioned. Characterized by his friendly deportment and ability to command men out of respect rather then fear. Starfleet's example of a stellar security officer who has achieved his position through hard work.

Born in the bayous of Louisiana to a small town Sheriff and a waitress, Jack's early years were adventure filled. Many hours of the day was spent tromping through the swamps with his father hunting and tracking. If it wasn't that it was riding with in a squad car with his father since the family couldn't afford a babysitter. A inane sense of exploration was instilled in him by his parents who were more then happy to let their kid learn by experience. Growing up Jack learned that sweat,blood and tears was an acceptable sacrifice to get where he is going.  In school he didn't stand out grade wise but certainly did show in his easy going happy personality. Before he graduated Jack had a large amount of friends.

After high school there were many options for Jack, going pro in football, college or university but he didn't like any of them. In his eyes they all lead to the mundane things and lacked excitement. The excitement he felt exploring the bayous uncovering new species and fighting imaginary bad guys. So to the astonishment to his peers he enlisted into Starfleet Marine Academy. There he was trained as a Marine officer, enjoying every minute of the courses. Throwing himself into the training Jack dedicated himself to being the best he could be. Sure enough by the time he was assigned to his first post after graduating he was considered one of the better cadets. During his training he met Katilla Ruktah, who would become his wife, a Klingon woman going through the same training.

For the next fifteen or so years he has served Starfleet Marine Corps. Rising from a junior officer to helping command a company through nothing sort of dedication,hard work and perseverance with a pinch of patience. Every year of service lived up to Jack's ambitions of serving Starfleet. Strange worlds, interesting sites and amazing adventures accompanied each deployment throughout the galaxy. Alas a man of such ambition could not be sit still in one place for long and when the SFMC began to downsize after the Dominion War he transferred to Starfleet Security. During his brief training stint in the Academy Katilla became his wife and, through the miracles of science, he became a father. The USS Jhamel is his first post of his new career as a security officer.
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”  -Dr. Seuss
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Wargtass

Just when I was feeling a Star Trek craving.  ;D

So, how about a Romulan Chief Security Officer? Appropriately arrogant and full of himself without becoming too much of a nuisance?
O/O

SGTDan

Quote from: Wargtass on April 04, 2014, 09:34:47 PM
Just when I was feeling a Star Trek craving.  ;D

So, how about a Romulan Chief Security Officer? Appropriately arrogant and full of himself without becoming too much of a nuisance?
Oh god...

That would be a lovely CO for Jack
Proudly Demisexual
My RP Requests

Zealously Jaded

Name: Freyja L'ha
Position: Cheif Medical Officer
Species: Betazoid
Background: Kyllaa was born on Betazed and always dreamed of going into Star Fleet, however this counter acted her parents dream of her becoming a doctor, so to appease them and fulfill herself, she finished her graduation as a doctor and was on the first shuttle to Earth.

Being a full Betazoid meant she was strong in telepathy and could easily read others minds, thought out of politeness she tries not to. During her training she contacted an illness, the symptoms much like flu but cause her mind to impose on others whilst she was in a fever dream state, those with weaker minds could see her hallucinations. It lasted a few days but everyone who saw those dreams tended to stay out of her way.

She graduated a few years before and steadily worked her way up the medical food chain, her ability to read minds helped, she noticed as a doctor that most people tended to only tell half their problems the ones that needed treated tended to be embarrassing or over looked. She assumed she would be assistant medical officer until she was asked to join the Jhamel

Personality:
She is an extremely caring person, which can be a little over bearing at times, but she means nothing by it. Generally she is a sweet kind person, who hates seeing people injured or unwell...however if you piss her off she knows how to kill with or without a scaple.

Tom

@Absinthe Tori - Your character has been added.
@Zacharius - Your character has been added.

@Wargtass - I'd rather not have a Romulan serving aboard this ship for plot-based reasons. Would you like to come up with something else?

Juggtacular

A full Vulcan? Romulans re their genetic cousins.

Wargtass

Vulcans hold no interest for me, specifically Romulans do. I'll have a look around and see if I find any other races to apply.

By the way, any other races I should be wary of?
O/O

Tom

Quote from: Wargtass on April 05, 2014, 10:52:42 AM
Vulcans hold no interest for me, specifically Romulans do. I'll have a look around and see if I find any other races to apply.

By the way, any other races I should be wary of?

Well, as long as you stick to Federation races you're pretty good. I'd rather not have any Jem'hadar aboard either :)

Jayna

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Jessica Benson
Position: Chief Science Office
Background: She grew up in a quiet town on earth. Jessica had always been a very intelligent girl, even at a young age. She was always pretty relaxed and easy to be around so she could make friends easily enough. But she had always had bigger plans. Space fascinated her, and she wanted more than anything to spend her life in space.  So she spent most of her time in books rather than with friends, increasing her knowledge. She sailed through her schooling and was very excited to go to Starfleet Academy. It wasn’t surprising the path she ended up taking, the research, the mechanics behind the discoveries, it all fascinated her greatly.
She sailed through academy, she spent a while serving on two different vessels for brief times as well as the academy itself before being selected to join the Jhamel. This is her first leading position and she hopes not to mess it up.

Personality: She is a very fun and friendly woman. She is almost always smiling and it seems it takes a lot to bring her down. Due to the large amount of times she spent studying instead of with friends though, she can be rather awkward sometimes without even realizing. But she is a fun, flirty woman who means well and is happy to be a part of the crew.

Wargtass

I'm just drawing blanks at the moment, feel free to fill up the Chief Sec with someone else.  :-\
O/O