News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Doomtown (A Deadlands RPG/Interest Check)

Started by Ciosa, February 23, 2013, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sindra

Quote from: Ciosa on March 01, 2013, 08:05:40 PM
Hmm, Dhi,  might have everyone write up their own 'public knowledge' post, just to save myself some work.  I'll come up with an outline, but it should be brief, and most of it will be copied from the character sheet. 

Ciosa is going to write up a sample 'Public Knowledge' post so everyone will get some ideas as to what could be included.  For the Public Knowledge, we are not looking to have character Trait or Attribute values made public.  For example: Your character is known to be a quick and deadly gunslinger would be more appropriate than stating that your character has a Deftness 4 and Shootin' 5.

As characters may not know one another, the public knowledge information is mostly an opportunity for players to make note of the rumors that may be circulating about their characters.  If your characters have the Renown Edge (and it effects Gomorra) please make sure that this is added as the character is known to most of the people.

Thank you all for your patience in getting everything started!  Ciosa is working like a mad man trying to get everything underway!

xPeachyPuff

Thanks for the info, Coffee! Ciosa is doing a fabulous job getting everything together and such!

-xSRx

Ciosa

An example Public Knowledge post:

Name:  Mayor Albert Cochran

Player Name:  Ciosa (NPC)

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Sex:  Male

Physical Description: A handsome man in his late thirties, with a ready smile and a charming, chipper tone.  Cochran is always well dressed, a bowler perched jauntily on his head, and fond of expensive and entirely unnecessary canes.

Sexual Orientation: Ragingly heterosexual.  (Included here for player reference, but not IC knowledge.)

Ons & Offs:  Here.(Included here for player reference, but not IC knowledge.)

Citizenship:  Cochran is a resident of Gomorra, a homeowner, and a business owner. 

Public Knowledge:    Cochran is the mayor of Gomorra.  A Sweetrock toady who retired from an executive position, he is well known for glad-handing most new arrivals and providing a friendly face.  He is politically irrelevant, a simpering toady to Sweetrock's wealth and power, and greatly enjoys the fringe benefits of his position.  He has lived in Gomorra for four years.

Cochran has the Renown, Purty, and Voice: Soothing Edges.  He has the Randy, Hankerin': Alcohol, and Yeller Hindrances.  (Any advantage blatantly obvious to others should be listed here.) 

Ciosa

Please don't post public knowledge here; I'll be opening a thread for it.  If you'd like to submit it via PM to myself and Coffee for review, go ahead.

Crash

Quote from: Ciosa on March 01, 2013, 08:32:14 PM
Please don't post public knowledge here; I'll be opening a thread for it.

Damn.  He's on to me.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

esclavage

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on March 01, 2013, 08:05:58 PM
I personally like the first one (:

-xSRx

I have to agree with -xSRx-.  At first, I thought the second one had a better ring, but on closer inspection, I think the first is more 'tone-appropriate' especially for someone who would be touting that this comes from Great Britain.  The use of the word 'London' really drives that distinctiveness home moreso than English.

I saw pale kings and princes too // Pale warriors, death-pale were they all;
They cried—“La Belle Dame sans Merci hath thee in thrall!”  -- John Keats, 1884 

Writing Drabbles - Sampler Platter
Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!
Posting Order -  Check Here If You Write With Me!

Phaia

Here is  VERY important question

They mention longjohns for clothing but nothing for the ladies

Do we go bear under the skirts and dresses [such scandleous behavior that would be] or just consider longjohns to also be for females [per se of course]?

Phaia

Crash

I was assuming bloomers were part of the price of the dress.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Phaia

Quote from: Crash on March 01, 2013, 08:57:31 PM
I was assuming bloomers were part of the price of the dress.

what about skirts??

Phaia

Sindra

Quote from: Phaia on March 01, 2013, 08:54:38 PM
Here is  VERY important question

They mention longjohns for clothing but nothing for the ladies

Do we go bear under the skirts and dresses [such scandleous behavior that would be] or just consider longjohns to also be for females [per se of course]?

Phaia

Basic underthings for both men and women are included in the price of the dress/skirt/pants.  The same is true of the tops for women.  The quality of the underthings match the quality of the rest of the items.  For example, if you purchase a poor quality outfit, the underthings would be poor quality.

Longjohns are listed differently as they have function other than covering genitalia.  Longjohns assist in colder climates whereas the typical underthings do not.

Phaia

Quote from: CoffeeSlut on March 01, 2013, 09:06:43 PM
Basic underthings for both men and women are included in the price of the dress/skirt/pants.  The same is true of the tops for women.  The quality of the underthings match the quality of the rest of the items.  For example, if you purchase a poor quality outfit, the underthings would be poor quality.

Longjohns are listed differently as they have function other than covering genitalia.  Longjohns assist in colder climates whereas the typical underthings do not.

cool Coffee thanks much

Phaia

Michael Corvus

Picking up his hat, he knocks the dust off across the worn, brown leather of the chaps covering his thighs as he strolls leisurely towards the hitching post where his horse stood, securely lashed. "On second thought... reckon I'm gonna just mosey on along, pass this town on by an' take my chances out on the open trail." Pulling the well broken-in hat onto his head, he tipped the brim with two fingers to all the town folk, then climbed back into the saddle of the beautiful Appaloosa stallion Giving the reigns a jerk and digging the spurs into the powerful flanks of the beast, he blazed his trail into the setting sun, a plume of dust rising into the reds and oranges of the dusk sky.
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Ciosa

Thanks for your interest, Michael! 

Wait... you can't leave!

*bonks him on the head and drags him back, propping him against a streetsign to lure more cowgirls.*

>.>

<.<

Just stand there for a little bit!  :D

Crash

LOL!

And Happy Birthday MC.

Now that my character is done I can get back to all of the games I have been neglecting in lieu of this one.  ::)

Michael Corvus

*is bonked and dragged back, hung on the streetsign on display. Shrugs and rips his shirt off, hoping to hasten things a bit so he can get back to moseying and riding off into the sunset*

:P

Thanks Crash!
My O/O's | My A/A's | My Characters
The Oath of The Drake
*Currently Only Seeking Group Games*

Muse

I'm going to try and finish up Mathew in the next few hours.  Good evening everyone.  :)
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

bubby

I'll play if I can use this pic...  >:)

esclavage

I got approval last night so I figured I would put up a few images of my charie!  :-)

Everyone, I present you with Virginia 'Ginny' Mary Lou Whateley - spoiled scion of the Whateley family.  Right now, she much more prefers hanging out in the saloons, gambling, drinking, gossiping, and flirting as opposed to wearing her bustle and corset at ballrooms.  Always a good gal to hit up if you want to hear the juiciest gossip or if you want to lose your money in a game of cards.

Though she might accept the shirt off your back if you're cute enough.   >:)  ;D ;D

Plot Ideas -  Darkstalkers, League of Legends, Drow, X-Men, Avengers, Pokemon!!!

Kokaine

Ooh, we're flashin pics?

Alright, here's my Isobel Harley Montoya Marquez... She definitely got her mama's looks but I dunno about her charms.

Harley
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Phaia

Well Then here are a couple of  Lady Elisabeth Boyle

Lady Boyle

vin26m

I'm interested in playing a gambler and gunman-for-hire.

Anyone using Daniel Craig's image yet?

Sabre

Sounds like a good idea to me.  Here's my guy:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

xPeachyPuff

Here's my girl! Love everyone's pictures so far (:

Annabel Montgomery

esclavage

Actually, I have no idea if we were supposed to be throwing up pictures.  I might have the 'Impulsive' Hindrance in real life...  -_-

But wow! Kokaine, your girl is smokin'!  Seriously great image choice.

Phaia, you can never go wrong with a bit of Halle Berry.  The coiffed hair really adds to the 'high society' feel to her and I imagine her shop will be quite the high for everyone wantin' to appear high-class and 'somebody' in the town of Gomorra.

vin26m, I can't see your image...though I know how good ol'Daniel is.  You should definitely use a pic of him with his salt-and-pepper look from Skyfall. That white hair scruff is...*sighs*

Sabre, you guy looks great.  Definitely rockin' the desperado look.  Perhaps he can be lured into a game of friendly cards?   ;)  I promise my gal will leave him at least enough to afford a room for the night...  >:) ;D

-xSRx-, Kate Upton is a doll!  It's actually hard to believe from the pictures, which always make her look shorter than she really is, but I think she's actually over 6 feet.  Almost enough to tempt my straight-shooter Ginny.  Almost.  :P  Though I'd love to her a picture of her in cowboy duds!  ;D

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: esclavage on March 02, 2013, 09:46:23 AM
Actually, I have no idea if we were supposed to be throwing up pictures.  I might have the 'Impulsive' Hindrance in real life...  -_-

-xSRx-, Kate Upton is a doll!  It's actually hard to believe from the pictures, which always make her look shorter than she really is, but I think she's actually over 6 feet.  Almost enough to tempt my straight-shooter Ginny.  Almost.  :P  Though I'd love to her a picture of her in cowboy duds!  ;D

Don't worry, haha! I'm a bit like that too (: Plus, I love seeing what everyone comes up with for their characters.

Thank you very much! She is very pretty and I can't believe she's over 6ft really! (Though my girl won't be close to that height I'm afraid xD) Glad you like them~

-xSRx