Dark Heresy interest check (Freeform)

Started by Kevben Battleheart, October 17, 2011, 09:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevben Battleheart

Dark Heresy

For more than a hundred centuries the Emperor has sat immobile on the Golden Throne of Earth. He is the Master of Mankind by the will of the gods and master of a million worlds by the might of his inexhaustible armies. He is a rotting carcass writhing invisibly with power from the Dark Age of Technology. He is the Carrion Lord of the Imperium, for whom a thousand souls die every day, for whom blood is drunk and flesh eaten. Human blood and human flesh - the stuff which the Imperium is made.

To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable. This is the tale of those times.

It is a universe you can live today - if you dare - for this is a dark and terrible era where you will find little comfort or hope. If you want to take part in the adventure then prepare yourself now. Forget the power of technology, science, and common humanity. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the stars, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter and the laughter of thirsting gods.

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

“What is your duty? To look the universe in the face and then spit in its eye. To die with a curse on your lips and your finger on the trigger. To know that you are doomed, but try anyway.” - Inquisitor Soldevan, Ordo Hereticus

You have taken on the role of an Acolyte, a trainee investigator in the service of a powerful Inquisitor. You, out of countless billions, have been chosen to play a part in a war so great and terrible that ordinary men must never learn its secrets. Your master will task you with all manner of missions, in which you will encounter witches, aliens and even daemons. You will be tempted with power and exposed to corruption. You, your allies or even your master may fall under the thrall of the Dark Gods. Should this happen, it will be your duty to purge with fire and righteousness, for the Ruinous Ones, the Chaos Powers, are insidious in their evil and would destroy you and all of mankind if they could.

You and your fellow Acolytes must struggle to hold back the many threats that face humanity. You must do this knowing that your name will never be recorded in the annals of history. Power, fame, and grandeur shall never be yours – but you do not fight for these things. You fight because you must. You fight because failure will mean the destruction of the Imperium…the destruction of all mankind.

It’s not going to be easy. In the earliest stages, you are little better than anyone else of the 41st Millennium. You are merely one of the many scores of Acolytes recruited into the Inquisition. You’ll need your wits, luck and skills of your companions to the best of your abilities if you are to survive. The longer you last and the stronger you become, the greater the foes you will be asked to face. The war for the soul of mankind is unending, and even should you live long enough to become an Inquisitor, you will never know peace until the cold embrace of death.

When you die, you will not be missed, but then mere glory never made heroes. Your struggle, your triumph, your failure – these are the things that matter. They matter because, Emperor willing, you will have made a difference, however small. In the 41st Millennium, that is the greatest legacy a man may dare hope for.

While Dark Heresy is normally a system game, I decided to make a slight tweek to the whole thing and instead make into a freeform rather than the dice system. I’ve noticed that 40K seems to have a bit of bad luck when it comes to being played on a forum, but I have high hopes that it can and will be done. Gauging by how successful this could be, and if I do a good job, I may even start a second one where the system will be used, but till then it shall all be freeform.

I am, obviously, seeking to have each of the following positions filled by at least one person, with the exception of a couple of the roles, and depending on how many people show interest I might also make a second group of Acolytes who will go on their own adventures and sometimes cross paths with the first group. Will they help each other’s when they do, or will they end up clashing and trying to slit the other’s throats because their Inquisitor’s agenda goes against the other. I’ll also be seeking out those who would like to play a villain as the game goes on. Some most likely die after a few encounters, their purpose fulfilled, but a few will live on to hamper the Acolytes again.

The following is a list of available roles:

Adept
Arbitrator
Assassin
Cleric
Guardsman
Imperial Psyker
Scum
Tech-Priest

And this is the CS you will be required to fill out. Should you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me and I’ll try to answer as swiftly and as accurate as I can.

Character Name:
Player Name:
Home World:
Career Path (role):
Height:
Weight:
Skin color:
Hair color:
Eye color:
Sexuality:
Personality:
Skills and Talents:
Equipment:
Psychic Discipline and rank (Psyker only):
How did you meet the Inquisitor?:
What does the Inquisitor mean to you?:
What will you sacrifice?:
What do you desire?:
What do you hate?:
The Saga of Battleheart (O/O's)The Vault of Victory  ♥
The World of Adalern (currently closed to critiquing)
Tell one your thoughts, but beware of two. All know what is known to three.
Thought for the week: Harden your soul against decadence, but do not despise it for the soft appearance of the decadent may be deceiving.

AndyZ

Tentatively interested but don't have any real ideas.  Bookmarking anyway.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HairyHeretic

I'm behind on the games I do have, so shouldn't start more. I'd like to wish you luck with this one though .. it'd be nice to see a 40k game do well :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Norwegian One

Is this still available? I've been itching to get some 40k roleplaying in, but it seems 40k has something of a bad luck here on E :)
Ons and Offs - Picture plots - Cravings - Activity and general chat - Bookmark for activity log and updates on my posting speed
Currently not available for new RPs, random PMs still encouraged! Also, feel free to check out my threads. Feedback is always welcome! - Current response time:  Within 1 week.