What made you choose your screen name?

Started by Songbird, February 05, 2013, 02:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Sex Bobomb on February 22, 2013, 10:30:26 AM
Because we are Sex Bobomb and we're here to make you think about death and get sad and stuff.

You're a classy fellow.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

DudelRok

Direct copy-paste from ma wiki

QuoteA lot of people ask where the nickname "DudeLRok" came from and here is a good place to explain that very thing.

Some time ago, back in mid or late 2003, there was a game called Halo2 and it was very popular among males from 16-34. One of those males which played this game to the point where it might be considered an addiction was myself. However we are getting ahead of ourselves.

Back even before 2003 was a game called Red Faction II and it was a whole family affair in my home to play as a group. One of the character selection options (Or Toon if you are from the world of MMOs) was called a Nano Civilian. Me, being about thirteen at the time, thought it funny that his being hit with bullets noise sounded like "Dude" in a grown like fashion. Four letters, however, was not going to cut it for a nickname. Thus, again being about thirteen at the time, two possible and alternating nicks were chosen.

DudeIRok (Not an L)
    DudeUSuk

This went on for some time until no one wanted to play the game with me unless I was blindfolded and looked at the wall behind me rather than the game screen so it eventually turned into Uno night which was fun for everyone again.

Skip forward back to Halo2 and after a lot of messing about to get broadband, XBL was finally up and running on my pretty brick of a game console. However, I needed a nickname.

DudeIRok (Not an L)
    DudeUSuk

The two were my only possible options so I went with the former as the latter seemed like a breach of XBLs TOS. Little did I know people had done much worse things than imply "You Suck" in a nickname.

Upon only three games in, everyone mistook capital I with a lowercase L due to XBL fail text formatting and, as a consequence "Dudel" was a majority of my nicknames not counting the crude ones people cleverly thought up. So, DudeLRok was born as that is much cooler than "DudeIRok" and certainly a lot less egotistical.

I AM THE RETURN!

DudelWiki | On/Off Thread | A/A Thread

Blythe

I chose my name for a myriad of associations with things I adore. The first is that it's a word that's occurred in some british literature, and when I read it there, it was associated with carefree and joyful behavior. Secondly, it can function as a feminine first name or a masculine last name. It also includes "Bly," the last name of a villain I adored as a child, John Bly from Brisco County Jr.