F seeking M to take this story further.

Started by SassyB, November 07, 2011, 12:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SassyB

I really shouldn't be doing this as I have a lot going on at the moment, but then again I always seemed to be inspired when stressed!  I don't actually have a storyline in mind, but I do have this opening scene in my head that has been pestering me for weeks.  I thought I should 1) write it down since it wont go away and 2) post it to see if anyone has any ideas for the rest of the story. 

The Stone's Throw was your typical sports bar.  Long mahogany wood bar, giant screen on the far wall with smaller screens suspended from the ceiling and a few pool tables in the back.  And on a Friday night it was teaming with sports fans. 

The soft tap of boot heels herald the arrival of another customer, not that the noise was actually heard over the buzz of the crowd.  Amy-Leigh Thomson stood in the entrance of the bar, a denim covered hip cocked slightly to the left as hazel eyes scanned the crowd.  It had been one hell of week, one hell of a month in fact, but the last week had just been crazy and she couldn't tell you how many towns she had been in.  Now she just wanted some fun and to forget all about it. 

Her gaze swept the room again, seeking that familiar face.   *HE still to be named* hadn't been at his apartment which was where she had headed as soon as she had finished for the weekend, and unless he was on a date or something this was the second place she expected to find him.  God she hoped she didn't have to cock block him, it wasn't something she'd ever done before but she would do it tonight.  She needed him.  That's if he was talking to her that was.  He'd called a couple of weeks ago needing to talk, but being in the middle of the mess she had promised to call him back.  She hadn't.

Heading over the bar, the twenty nine year old, ordered a couple of beers and a couple of shots before spotting her quarry down the other end.  He was propping the bar up, chatting to some guys and since he had his back to her he hadn't seen her.  Paying for her drinks, she downed one of the shots, feeling the liquid heat slither down her, before grabbing the other glass and beers to head down the far side. 

Slipping onto the bar stool behind him Amy-Leigh shrugged out of her leather jacket, laying it across the bar to her other side at the same puffing out a breath to blew a violet strand of hair out of her face.  Then pushed one beer and the shot glass past his elbow, just enough for him to catch them out the corner of his eyes and to announce her presence, before lifting her own beer and and taking a sip.

Clearly the characters already have a sort of relationship, but what that relationship is up for discussion.  I also see them using each other to let off some steam, but other than that I have no further ideas.  This could be a one shot or something longer. 

If it's sparked some inspiration let me know by PM and we can discuss further. 
Slow postings and reasons why? - Work as usual! 
On & Offs ¦ A & A's ¦ What's rattling around my brain?