Anyone wanna RP

Started by skyline339, September 14, 2010, 03:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyline339

I have this pretty cool idea for a cyberpunk, future RP. Anyone interested?

The idea goes something like this:

Far into the future, the world has turned to a dark place. Governments say they rule, but the real rulers are the mega corporations. A new brain chip was invented to control the population. The brain chip fools the brain into thinking the person is living in a great and peaceful world as they lay, unconscious in their own homes. One day your chip malfunctions, and the real world, the one you've never even seen fades into view.

All the rich people use the chips to escape from the harsh reality of the bloody and violent real life, while the poor get swallowed up into mega corporation wars, or worse, become an agent...

I can go into more details if I have people interested :)

BloodyRose

You peaked my interest, tell me more please.

Gladiator0161

You've peaked my interest as well, is that idea taken yet?

I also have an idea for a character I could play, I was thinking I might play an ex agent who was experimented on and is currently on the run from a Mega Corporation. I'll get more information to you ofcourse but, that's my basic idea.

skyline339

I'm glad :D that some people find this cool.

Well the story that I thought of is kinda a little like the matrix, mixed in with the Terminator all mashed up in a cyberpunk world. So what I was thinking for a storyline was kinda something like this

Unless you are super rich, you have to live in the cities, a dark, polluted dangerous place. Where crime lords have sprung up to offer false freedoms to the local populous. But a small group of people are coming together once a week, to create a rebellion. The plan was to strike back at the mega corporation in the North American sector, otherwise known as Ameritec. The plan was falling perfectly into place, Eurocorp had begun to invade the North American soil cause Ameritec to look away from the cities. Little did the small rebellion know, that as they had begun operation black eagle and had penetrated into the sewers of Ameritec, that Ameritec had staged the whole war with Eurocorp, in order to bring out the rebellion and squash them.

Before realizing it was a trap, the Rebellion managed to get farther into the headquarters than Ameritec had planned. They infiltrated the Agents sector, and were able to steal three Cyborg pods before being forced to retreat by enemy fire.

Agents look exactly like normal human beings on the outside, but its under the skin which really makes the difference. Cybernetic implants into the mind, eyes, heart, chest, arms and legs allow them to become almost super human at the moment. The rebellion is working on software to crack the chip implanted into the Cyborgs brain, and to free him or her. This war is becoming a blood bath, and it's only just beginning...

Hope that interests you guys even more. I would like a variety of people though, male and female. Gladiator it isn't unheard of that an Agent has a faulty chip, and usually they are recovered and repaired. But there have been a few who still haven't been retrieved, think out your story line a little more, like maybe you escaped from the Orient and stowed away on a cargo ship to North America or something.

:) hope it turns out really awesome! And I don't think anyone has done this before.

skyline339

Heres some pictures to give you a kinda look!

By skyline339 at 2010-09-15

Gladiator0161

Definitely interested but, I might be a little busy with a Star Trek thread I just joined. I also just got a temp job and so unfotunately, for the time being atleast, I think I might hafta bow out of this. Sorry, it looked really cool but, now that I actually have a schedule I'm gonna hafta start cutting my interests :(

Raevyn

I'd really like to get involved with this - I suck at playing male characters, but I could manage a ice-queen-from-hell-rich-business woman, or a cyberpunk, depending on which would work best according to who you've got signed up already?

"Don't think this means anything. This is just pillow talk, baby."

skyline339

So far i've got no one signed up :( I had someone really interested but they backed down. If you want to help me advertise somehow haha that would be awesome! Also you can have as many characters as you think you can handle.