Miyr's Final Fantasy RP OOC

Started by Miyr, June 05, 2010, 06:00:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyr

Kineas, I liked your post :3 It works well with the proposed idea I had. However I will refrain from replying for now so that others can comment about my idea as to whether we should skip forward and such.
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

ashia starstreak

Miyr, do you recall the words we have spoken? I have read all of this thread and all of your "Renegade Misfits" thread and I am now prepared to write my responses and a couple of inspired ideas. Wether you choose to accept or ignore will be left up to you.

QuoteMiyr- I was thinking more of an attack on the big city. Like an airship goes down or something and destroys a building that they all were next too when it took place etc. By having the event purposely alter someone, then that throws the technological advancement further ahead.

She was wondering what brought the airship down, and why. Clearly it was retreating to the city to get repaired, but they country was not at war. Something was going on, something big. It was unknown to the young merchant, but she knew deep down in her gut that things were going to change drastically.

My character could be a cause of such things, remaining within the shadows. Silent, angry, betrayed. She is attached to her spawn so perhaps her son had been taken, or perhaps she was betrayed by a higher authority, perhaps her summoner. However, as I had spoken before. I do not wish for a major role due to my life outside of the roleplay world.

Character Sheet

Name: Ashia (pronounced) Starstreak
Weapon: Whip-like tail/Claws
Magic: Resurrection
Summon: N/A
Description: Deep sparkling, green eyes, electric glow wings, a long whip-like tail. Stands 4'9" with ebony black hair. Without fingernails, the finger being a relaxed claw in itself until threatened.
Attire: Old, dark brown rags, wrapped around the body forming one complete piece.
Personality: Calm, Assertive. Though human characteristics are apparent, she appears to be animalistic. Intelligent, though uses small,  short, phrases.
Background: Residing in a remote tropical jungle, something sent her out of isolation and into human territory. Destruction seems to follow such a short creature, but little is known of this one. It is said this esper has been seen with a small child, but it remains a mystery upon the boy's whereabouts as of recent.

QuoteHenderson- #183 was getting worried. If he could not continue his orders, he would be deemed defective and taken in for repairs or destroyed for parts. Realising what that implied, #183 was finally aware that he did not want to cease existing, and took a step forward to try and get a better hold on the metal sheeting.

What kinda of final fantasy could be without a Cid Highwind? EVERY Final Fantasy  I have played has a Cid Highwind just as EVERY final fantasy I have played has a Wedge and Biggs. Though I haven't come up with a Wedge or Biggs. So if you allow, here is another character in mind, but again, no big roles.

Character Sheet

Name: Cid Highwind
Weapon: halberd spear/hunting knife
Magic:Wind/mechanical manipulation
Summon: unknown
Description: Chief Mechanic for Highwind Corp
Attire: oil stained blue jeans, beige oil stained t-shirt. Goggles upon forehead and a holster on his right thigh for his knife.
Personality: Arrogant, hotheaded, loyal
Background: Raised in a country setting, Cid helped his father upon the farm until he was old enough. Leaving to become an engineer in Soma, his attitude getting him fired soon after getting hired. He started a small mechanic business that later grew into something quite grand with the invention of  the first automaton. As business began to boom, he found himself living a good life though there was always something missing.

And those are my thoughts. I will follow your progress until I feel right to join.

"A knight in shining armor is a man who has never had his metal truly tested."

Henderson

Hey guys. I've got work soon so shall be gone for a few hours. about 6 or 7 to be precise. (all in all, i'll be back online in about 9 hours)

I think ultimately, #183 will stay working where he is until someone from the company tells him to stop and will probably have built up a lot of scrap material into piles overnight and will have worn his hands and servos down a fair old bit (think stress based injuries due to overworking the gears and metal down on heavy industrial work for longer then should be suggestable), so please bear in mind that i wont be personally able to respond to a post aimed at him until then. Please dont let it stop you, i'm just warning it might be a while before i can answer.

Miyr: If you want to use #183 in a post, feel free since i think you've pretty much got the only PC that will be able to stop him from working without violence :P
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Miyr

Nevermore: Yes I remember that we talked.

The statement "By having the event purposely alter someone, then that throws the technological advancement further ahead." was in response to Baleron's statement "If it was some horrible experiment, then he should have been the lab rat." It was simply to say that I don't want people being "experiments" because that would throw the technological age too far ahead for my liking.

As for what caused the attack on the airship, I haven't decided yet. I was thinking though that it has to do with the "evil" characters that will be brought into play later on. So a "summon" causing it would not work. If I did decide to go with the idea, your character would need to have a primary role in the RP and you have said you don't want a major role, so I don't want to go down that route for your convenience. Also, the metal that harms each of the players and allows them to use magic (similar to FFXIII) so I don't see how that would work with a summon, because my thoughts with the metal is that it's from a larger object, perhaps was being transported on the airship and reacted badly.

Again, this hasn't been planned yet, because I was going to have it open for group discussion. That and we aren't there yet in the RP.

I also don't understand why you quoted Henderson, you didn't make a comment about it, just quoted. Was that an accident?

Both of your characters look fine, so I say jump in whenever you want too! And yes, each FF has had a Cid I believe, so it's hard to not go with tradition =^.^=

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Henderson: That's fine if you got to work. My presence online over the next few days may be sporadic and random because I am signing my lease in an hour, that and I will be losing internet at my current residence and will be moving things so not sure how much time I will actually have to do homework. There is a thing for school internet in my current apartment (run by the school) so I will most likely set that up.

Also, I am feeling a bit under the weather, so I might just curl up in bed for a few after my paperwork is completed.

After I read the RP thread I will see about moving #183 or having him do something. I haven't gotten there yet (just got out of an exam) so I will let everyone know what I decide after reading. Also, I agree that #183 would only listen to Alexia without causing a "fit" xD And if anything, I may mention him going to a repair shop or something, not sure yet~

-Miyr

Miyr

So I read what was posted and I put in a post of my own.

I will be skipping the RP forward a couple of days, perhaps a week or so, and have everyone be delivered letters requesting their presence at City Hall or the equivalent. . . Maybe a Magistrate's office. . .

I'll figure it out. HOWEVER, I will let you guys add in whatever you want of your character's working on sorting through rubble and saving people. . . Or in Baleron's case, finding a pretty penny tee hee :3 (you should have him find some nice loot).

So go post happy if you so desire, but if you are ready for the jump, please just leave your post as it is or message here saying you're ready. I might post the jump in the OOC thread to see if you all are okay with it. However,  I am about to go sign my lease for my new apartment, so I will be gone for a bit.

-Miyr

Miyr

I was thinking more along the lines of a bag of money LOL. Nothing too snazzy. And glad to know you're ready for the skip ahead. Just got back from signing my lease and may start moving some stuff into my rig while my roommate is gone.

As for what to call money, Gil sounds fine to me~ Anyone else have an opinion?

-Miyr

Henderson

Gil makes sense. I mean, there might be a diferent part of the world that uses a different currency (Like the Golden Saucer from FF7 for example) but i think we're good for Gil :)

I think with Miyr out of action for the week i might try and continue the story a little - not too much, still in the 'the city just got crashed on!' theme of things as i'm sure Miyr has an idea for where she wanted the story to go, but i did notice no-one posted yesterday (Including myself, i was havving a pretty crappy day) so i'ma post now to make up for it and keep things going.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Henderson

oops, that was longer then i thought it would be :P
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Nevermore of blood ravens

Kineas

Indeed it was.

At the moment though I don't really have much more to add for my character. *twiddles his thumbs* >.>

Henderson

I think we're all suffering that a little bit, due to Miyr being out of service for a little bit and we've all sort of based our characters 'around' the company shes important in.

Kin: Didn't your guy say he was going back to the crash site to help out again?

Ta for the compliments, by the way.
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Kineas

Yup yup, he'll be in and around that place until we move on. :3

Nevermore of blood ravens

Yeah its kinda hard without the central character...  *mourns for the SB*

Henderson

Well, if you guys would like i could take over the story for a little bit until Miyr gets back. Maybe theres some Shenanigans going on in the sewers that threatens to cause a problem unless a brave/stupid bunch of heros/oppurtunists volunteer/get dragged in to sort it?

:D
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Geradine

that is actually a good idea henderson.
The view from behind a scope puts everything into perspective.

There are many things you can tell about a person by the way he/she writes. -me, i think.

Kineas

WHERE DID YOU GO MIYR? COOOOMEEE BAAAAACK D=

such a fun RP, stagnating without it's creator... O:

Congratulations on your approval for whenever you do come back. :3

Kineas

Interesting, interesting :3

I'll have to post my reply later yet though, i'm about to head off to work~ (which btw, totally does not stop me from posting replies. Yay for internet at work!)

ashia starstreak

QuoteMiyr - I also don't understand why you quoted Henderson, you didn't make a comment about it, just quoted. Was that an accident?

Of course not. The quote from Henderson was an inspiration to Cid, that is why I quoted it.

Henderson: I found upon my face a small crease (smile) when I read about Wedge and Biggs. To my pleasant surprise I was wondering two things. Would these two be of your character to always controll? and also Would it be possible to have them work for Cid?

Henderson

For me to control? Not really, they were just two conventient NPC's. I mean, you usually find Biggs and Wedge at the beggining of a game ;)
A level 5 Solo Lurker!

Kineas

Hey, sorry for my mini-disappearance there.

I'm also rather disappointed that Miyr has been gone for so long. I mean, I guess she was moving and maybe she's having trouble getting internet installed? That sort of thing can be a serious hassle.

I'll try to make sure I pop by at least once a day though (I'm always online, just a matter of remembering to visit this website x3 )

ashia starstreak

QuoteHenderson - For me to control? Not really, they were just two conventient NPC's. I mean, you usually find Biggs and Wedge at the beggining of a game

Excellent. I have plans for those two, but I wanted to become more aware of  what you had in mind for them since you brought them  into play first.

QuoteBaleron - I'm amazed that Miyr hasn't returned just yet. I'm a bad judge of time, though, so that may explain things. Also, I posted. I'll try and do so quicker, but I tend to want everyone else to respond before I continue.

That was how I was taught. Always wait your turn unless otherwise informed.

As for myself I might bring Cid into play soon considering the mess of automatons in need of repair. Or I'll save him for a little while yet. I am not sure as of now however for I am still interested in Wedge and Biggs.

Miyr

I am SO SORRY I vanished everyone!

Okay so I ended up moving and had no internet, then I decided to go home and see my Grandmother (who had to have emergency surgery a month ago) and found out what was really going on with her. She was taken from her recovery center and re-hospitalized I don't know which day. . . So I've basically been up there with her each day. My access to internet is a bit. . .iffy. . .due to time actually here at the house and stuff (am staying in the guest room of my parent's place). I promise I will try to get on more often.

But due to things being as they are, my Grandmother probably isn't going to live much longer. . . So I going to stay here at my parent's house and do summer school (I elected to do online courses this term, and lost my financial aid for awhile but got it back I think) so I will be able to get online more and such. It's just been really chaotic over here with my Grandmother's condition. . . Then my sister and mother are on the outs so that creates a whole bunch of drama that I just don't need.

So I apologize for any delays or poofings that occur due to the real time crap going on in my life. I am going to try and read what's been going on in the story and see if I can work up something. Again, I'm so sorry guys. I didn't expect any of this to go on.

-Miyr

Miyr

Quote from: Kineas on June 11, 2010, 10:32:14 AM
WHERE DID YOU GO MIYR? COOOOMEEE BAAAAACK D=

such a fun RP, stagnating without it's creator... O:

Congratulations on your approval for whenever you do come back. :3

Thanks Kineas! And congrats to you too Henderson~

-Miyr

Kineas

Quote from: Miyr on June 18, 2010, 03:38:21 PM
I am SO SORRY I vanished everyone!

Okay so I ended up moving and had no internet, then I decided to go home and see my Grandmother (who had to have emergency surgery a week ago) and found out what was really going on with her. She was taken from her recovery center and re-hospitalized I don't know which day. . . So I've basically been up there with her each day. My access to internet is a bit. . .iffy. . .due to time actually here at the house and stuff (am staying in the guest room of my parent's place). I promise I will try to get on more often.

But due to things being as they are, my Grandmother probably isn't going to live much longer. . . So I going to stay here at my parent's house and do summer school (I elected to do online courses this term, and lost my financial aid for awhile but got it back I think) so I will be able to get online more and such. It's just been really chaotic over here with my Grandmother's condition. . . Then my sister and mother are on the outs so that creates a whole bunch of drama that I just don't need.

So I apologize for any delays or poofings that occur due to the real time crap going on in my life. I am going to try and read what's been going on in the story and see if I can work up something. Again, I'm so sorry guys. I didn't expect any of this to go on.

Real Life > All. Don't trouble yourself over us, although we'll be happy to see you when you can get on. :)  Take care of your grandmother! I hope that you can find a way to get through all of this in as painless a fashion as possible.

Miyr

I still feel bad! That's just how I am ~.~ I'm a very considerate/caring person so it's in my nature. And I will help my Grandma out as I can. My Father's really taking this hard (it's his mother) and so I am trying to be strong for him as well. He's been up there at the hospital since early this morning with his sister and Aunt (Grandma's sister) so yeah. . . it's a lot. The drama with my sister ain't helping things either.

As for the role play, I know I said I was going to put up a skipping forward thingie. . . But I kind of forgot what I was going to do. . . And I noticed that you guys had some ideas as to what you were wanting to do (The sewers). Perhaps we could just go down that route for now?

-Miyr