The White Cat ((1X1 S.R. + B.B.P.))

Started by SweetRevenge, January 07, 2012, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SweetRevenge

Hey, glad you could find it okay =J I used the acronyms for our usernames, I think it's not that bad... Less typing in the title XD So anyways, I'll kick it off rather simply. As you said, modern Italy, so here it is.

Rock walked back into his office and fell into his chair with a groan, putting down his coffee before leaning over the documents on his desk, lit only by the desk lamp."Young girls disappearing in the area, left without a much of a trace. Some witnesses say it was a big predatory cat. Chances that they could've lived, 20%. There's high chances the beast took the girls away to eat. Odd how it only attacks young girls though..." He mumbled to himself as he flipped through the pages of the file. Once he finished flipping through that file, he rubbed his eyes and looked at the clock on the wall. "Why do they always make me do overtime?... Is it because they think I got nothing better to do? Stupid pricks..." he muttered to himself before reopening the file and rereading some of the information he had skimmed over. "Witnesses say that the beast seems to live in the forest, nowhere really specific. Hunters tend to avoid those woods ever since the beast has been sighted to slaughter anything on sight. Why isn't this sent to the forest guards or animal protection teams?" He grumbled loudly at the last part. "Whatever, I might as well go give it a look." He sighed as he got up. He made sure that his pistol had ammo and if he had extra, just in case. He then grabbed his black trench coat, slipped it on and grabbed the coffee, finished it and shut the light. He exited through his office door, locking it behind himself

He sat down behind the wheel of his mundane Toyota Corolla and started the engine. At 1 AM, there wasn't much traffic, so detective Rock Stirling had no trouble to burn a few red lights. He was annoyed and tired of his day. Then again, it was like this most of the time. The boss always made him work overtime. Keeps, saying Rock's the best detective and officer in years and that's why he keeps giving him the harder cases. It's also true that Rock was the one to bring a few criminals to light that have been causing a few troubles, fought his way through a few ambushes and often dealt with the problems that the mafia caused. Rock wasn't afraid of them, he made a living out of. Might as well get used to it. Nevertheless, he took the highway towards the infamous forest where the said beast was supposed to hide. After a good 15 minutes of boring driving with no radio, he turned into an exit. He was saddened that his radio decided to pass to the other side a month ago and now, driving was as exciting as sitting in an empty room and not doing anything.

He drove down a few winding roads before stopping on the side and cutting the engine. Reaching into the glove compartment, he extracted a flashlight and a spare set of batteries before getting out of the car and locking everything up. He looked up into the woods with a sigh. "Here goes nothing..." he sighed as he flicked the flashlight open and stepped into the dark forest.

I'll put up an image of him on the next post I submit =J

BibbityBoppityPOW

At one time in her young life she had feared the darkness. Her childhood imagination had run rampant, giving her horrible ideas of monsters that thrived in the shadows. Now she was the one that haunted the midnight hours. She crept through the trees silently, stalking a small rabbit as it fled for its life. Though she preferred a life on four paws, seventeen years with the things had made her more than capable of moving with them, she was still capable of walking upright. Her facial muscles still worked similar to that of the young woman she once was, enabling her to smile or speak without difficulty. Not that she chose to, but at least she had the option.

Arabella was just about to devour her helpless victim when the unmistakable crunch of fallen leaves met her sensitive ears. The whiskers on her cheeks twitched slightly and her tail grew rigid. The rabbit, eager for escape, vanished from sight. Though the fur covering her long, lithe body was entirely white she had no problem hiding from view. As the footsteps neared her she leaped up into the nearest tree, scrambling for purchase on the thickest branch she could find. Her tail swayed hypnotically as her bright yellow eyes took in the sight below with gleeful anticipation.

A fully grown man! Now that was a meal far more satisfying that a silly bunny. The beam of a flashlight swept across the forest floor and she held herself still. He was searching for something. The sudden thought that he was searching for one of the girls she had spirited away to her manor brought a strange, sick feeling to her gut. What if he found his way to the Manor? She certainly didn't want an unenchantable man stalking around her home! Who knew if the curse would trap him there as it had so helpfully done with the young women? The most recent catch was a little, dark haired girl currently forced to reside in the wine cellar. The transformations were never pretty, but once their ears and tails sprouted they seemed to be much more obedient.

Arabella jumped from the tree with a snarl, hoping to frighten the man away, then dashed towards the manor. She ignored silence for speed. The trees were a blur in the darkness, and she very nearly crashed headlong into one as she pushed through the tree line and into the vineyards that had fallen into a chaotic mess of grapevines and weeds. The heavy purple fruit squashed beneath her heavy paws, staining the coloring of her fur as she made a mad dash into the Manor.

"Paola! Gisella! Both of you, get the younger girls together and hide them. Now!" The two small black cats that had come to greet her hurried away without question. She hurried to and fro, bolting what doors she could. Several of them were broken beyond repair - she hoped he would not find them.

SweetRevenge

Rock had his pistol out in a mere second when the feline jumped before him. He couldn't pull the trigger, however. He looked in the direction it bolted off and shined the flashlight where the feline had landed. Dirt always left tracks. He simply had to follow them, which he did with taking his time. He wasn't here for the beast, he was here for the girls. His logic simply added up to the fact that the feline probably headed to it's lair and therefore, following the tracks would lead him to the remnants of the lost girls.

It took him a few minutes before he ended into the vineyard of a huge mansion. "It chose it's place to stay... This place looks like it's been abandoned and taken by the wild..." He muttered as he looped around the mess of prickly vines laying around the field and made his way to the mansion. Front door, respectively, was his first choice. All he would find are big cats, dust, some tiny spiders and such, right? Nevertheless, he walked to the door and tried to turn the door knob. Locked, just his luck. "Now I've got 2 choices... Pick-lock it our shoot it... I'll go with the pick-locking..."He mumbled to himself and knelt down before the lock and pulled out a nice bobby pin and a swiss knife. It took only a few seconds before the lock sprang free. He put back the items he had gotten from his large pockets on his trench coat and walked inside, handgun and flash light before him.

This is him (And no, sadly, I was not the one to draw this XP)

BibbityBoppityPOW

If the young man was looking for a decrepit, dusty old home he was sorely mistaken. Several lamps were lit in the main entryway, and the crystal chandelier overhead was dimmed and dust free. The marble floors were spotless, and the antique wooden tables scattered decoratively throughout the main entryway were polished and decorated with fresh flowers. Several tapestries depicting the Italian countryside, Rome and several great landmarks of the country decorated the hallways. To the left was a pair of open doors, their dark wood polished to a fine finish. To the right was a single, less inviting door.

Directly ahead lay a large, curving marble staircase. At the top of the stairs a little yellow cat with bright green eyes peered down at the unwelcome guest. The cat seemed to raise up on its two back legs and hold onto the bannister, its tail twitching quickly with excitement. Then two darker colored cats appeared behind it and nudged it towards the single door to the man's right. They threw anxious looks over their shoulders as they vanished through the doorway.

Now the manor lay silent, except for the loud tick-tock-tick of a clock from the large room on his left. Suddenly a voice broke through the stillness, shattering any semblance of peace. "Who are you?" The voice was honey-sweet, and very certainly female. "It is very impolite to break into a woman's home in the midst of the night." The words filtered down to the man from the second floor landing, though their owner remained out of sight.

SweetRevenge

"My my, I thought no one lived here. I am very sorry to have intruded in your home, madame. I was wondering if... you had perhaps seen young girls in the area? Or a large feline?" Rock asked tentatively, lowering the gun and shutting the flashlight, but kept in hand the gun. The upright cat pinched his intuition in a bad way. And you never knew when there could be an ambush. Especially since the feline tracks seemed to lead exactly to this mansion, he had a good certainty that the owner of the mansion was related with the feline. Which also brought the fact that the owner in question could be linked with the recent kidnappings.

He rapidly looked around. Inviting door, high chances of ambush. Less inviting, possibility of direction where possible hostages hidden... Traps, highly probable... Guards, none in sight, may be sleeping or hiding for ambush. Clean home interior, more inclined owning servants, rich family. His mind was analyzing pretty much everything in a blink of an eye, though his eyes seemed to move slowly across the area, he was able to see many details most couldn't. For example, the type of flowers on the table compared to the ones in the region. In this case, highly probable they were handpicked in a nearby field or in the forest.

BibbityBoppityPOW

"I prefer to keep to myself, sir." The Italian inflection to her voice was easily noticeable - she was native to the country. Arabella remained hidden in the shadows, trying desperately hard not to leap out and order the others to attack. The poor children were currently hiding in the wine cellar, and had assured her that the newest addition would be without voice within a matter of minutes. She had been with them for almost two weeks now, it was about time she became one of them. An ear twitched and the cat-woman fought against the urge to scratch. It would only show where she was.

"I have, however, seen a large cat stalking my vineyards and my own little felines. I am quite afraid for my life and haven't left for some time. I try to keep my cats inside, but my supplies are running low now." Hoping he would leave soon on his hunt for what she had realized was in fact herself, she nearly growled. "Sir, I'm very sorry but I am quite ill at the moment and ask that you leave right away. I do not feel comfortable with you being in my home, nor on my land."

SweetRevenge

Rock squinted at the direction voice came in distrust. Something was up, he could feel it in his guts. Nevertheless, he had no right to be here of the mansion had an owner. He would need a warrant to be allowed to search the mansion, and though the boss was very grateful of his skills and such, laws were laws. No warrants unless proof of anything. And Rock had none. "Have a good night, madame." He said as he turned around and left through the door he just came in from. He then looked around. "Great, where's my car now?" He just remembered that he had followed tracks, but now, he'd have to find the tracks that led him where he came from and that was no easy feat. Especially since there were tracks everywhere.

"My tracks could help... But I want to check one last thing first..." He mumbled to himself and tried to locate the door number. With an address, he would be able to find any clues he might need. But to get an address, he needed a street name. Out here, street name signs aren't exactly common. He was ready to bet that the street wouldn't be on google maps. However, he was pretty sure that it would be in the city's archives. Who had it last, the story behind this place and such. He could see if the kidnappings here were common or not.

BibbityBoppityPOW

Arabella took the opportunity to watch him from the safety of the balcony jutting away from her bedroom. She kept just her eyes and ears above the railing as she frowned down upon him. The girls would be venturing out shortly enough. Thankfully none of them looked like girls at the moment. After puzzling over his actions for two or three minutes she returned inside. As she had expected, the servants were coming up from the wine cellar, accompanied by a rather wobbly tabby that drew up the rear.

"Jenna, go check the traps. We need supper." A yellow, medium sized feline nodded its head and nudged open a slightly loose window, then jumped down to the ground and ran off into the tree line. The curse didn't enable them to go very far. In fact, it kept them quite close to the vineyards and the Manor. She however, was free to roam as far as she pleased. That is, as long as she could return by the full moon. As long as she was on her own grounds, she was free to take her human form once a month. It was the only joy in her life now, and it was in just two nights.

Arabella padded down to the main area of the manor and peeked out the window. Would the curse trap him here as well? If it did...she would be forced to take drastic measures.

SweetRevenge

BibbityBoppityPOW

((I was really just giving you a choice. It helps with plot development to not just be forced into everything. Go with whichever you think would happen.))

SweetRevenge

He headed down the road to find the street name, arrived to the edge of the street and started walking down that street when an unexplained force stopped him from going forward, like he was pressing against a mattress "What the hell is this?" He asked out loud as he took a few steps back and tried again. Same thing happened again. He tried running, still no good. "I am so confused... What is stopping me from going farther?" He asked out loud, He grabbed his gun and shot a tree that was after where something stopped him. The bullet headed through and hit it's target without a single problem. "So it stops me but not objects... How odd. But what can I do right now?" he grumbled to himself as he rubbed the back of his had with his free hand. He put his pistol away and walked back to the entry and sat down against the stone wall that gated the mansion's land inside. "All I have to go back to is my job anyways... Still, if I'm stuck here, what am I supposed to do?" he started to wonder if they would send a search party for him and they would find his car which then they would search the area and actually find him here or they would never find him and he'd be stuck here forever.