Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 25, 2016, 12:37:35 AM
Lords of Nal Hutta has this as the 'official' Hutt statline:

Attributes: 3 Brawn, 1 Agility, 2 Intellect, 2 Cunning, 3 Willpower, 2 Presence
Wound Threshold: 13+Brawn
Strain Threshold: 11+Willpower
Starting Experience: 70
Skills: +1 Coercion or +1 Discipline
Talents: +1 Enduring and +1 Nobody's Fool
Racial: Ponderous - may only spend one maneuver to Move per turn.
Huh.. I wouldn't've thought they had a statline. Is that for a fully-grown one? Cus Brawn 3 seems a bit low xD. Go ahead and use the official one, though.

TheGlyphstone

As edited above, I think it's for the 'young adult' stage Hutt, when they're mostly fully grown but still young enough to be out having 'adventures' personally instead of sitting around Jabba-style and directing minions to do things for them (aka appropriate age for a PC).

Is the 75 XP in addition to the racial XP, or replacing it? I assume it's in addition, because otherwise all of the core races in F+D are losing 15-35 XP from their regular allotment.

Datawych

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 25, 2016, 12:42:37 AM
As edited above, I think it's for the 'young adult' stage Hutt, when they're mostly fully grown but still young enough to be out having 'adventures' personally instead of sitting around Jabba-style and directing minions to do things for them (aka appropriate age for a PC).

Is the 75 XP in addition to the racial XP, or replacing it? I assume it's in addition, because otherwise all of the core races in F+D are losing 15-35 XP from their regular allotment.
In addition. To represent their previous training/adventures.

TheGlyphstone

Excellent.

I think I'm all set to actually make a character - only remaining detail is lightsabers - did you want us to start with sabers, or not? A previous comment seemed to imply no, but then you also said something about them being much cheaper in the Old Republic era. Either way, I'll be aiming to get a Lightsaber Pike over the standard model, seems more fitting of my size.

Datawych

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 25, 2016, 01:01:40 AM
Excellent.

I think I'm all set to actually make a character - only remaining detail is lightsabers - did you want us to start with sabers, or not? A previous comment seemed to imply no, but then you also said something about them being much cheaper in the Old Republic era. Either way, I'll be aiming to get a Lightsaber Pike over the standard model, seems more fitting of my size.
Sure, they're cheaper. For the Jedi Order. :P

Just because they're less expensive doesn't mean they're cheap, and the Order isn't going to throw a lightsaber away on someone who might hurt themselves with it. They're still acquired at 150 XP, they just have a lower rarity/cost.

Odds are, a Padawan wouldn't be able to accrue enough pocket money to buy one themselves without doing something unscrupulous.

TheGlyphstone

Okay, so you'll be handing them out/allowing them to be crafted at a certain earned-XP threshold, then? Does that include the 75 XP (i.e., are we 50% of the way to saberhood)?

Any core race is going to have at least 150+ XP between their racial and the starting bonus - my Hutt is going to be at 70+75=145. So I'm assuming racial XP isn't include in the threshold either way.

EDIT: Oh, and clarify please. In the Starting Morality section, it says you can choose one of:
+Extra credits
+XP
+Credits and XP (less of each)
+ or - to your starting Morality (basically starting the game as a Dark Side user or Force Paragon)

But in the Gear section, it implies you only get extra credits if you bought down your Morality previously.

Datawych

150 XP not counting racial XP - yes, you're 50% of the way toward lightsabers.

As for gaining extra XP/credits, the rules as written seem to imply that you get the extras for lowering OR raising your morality. But as far as I know, there are no drawbacks to being a Force Paragon, so that doesn't make sense to me. So.. If you want to start with 29 Morality (and basically be unable to use Force powers without gaining Conflict), you can get the extra credits/XP.

TheGlyphstone

That sounds like a terrible tradeoff unless we all just decide to be Dark Jedi from the start, and turn your campaign premise upside-down. Which is a neat idea, but I personally want to be playing a character who's either struggling to avoid a descent into darkness or one who's slowly slipping downward, rather than someone who has gone puppy-kicking evil before even earning their lightsaber. So no bonus credits for me.

EDIT: Training Lightsabers only cost 400 Credits in the core book, which is within our starting allotment. Can we buy/have one of those, since even the little 6-year old younglings apparently get to use training sabers?

Datawych

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 25, 2016, 01:27:57 AM
That sounds like a terrible tradeoff unless we all just decide to be Dark Jedi from the start, and turn your campaign premise upside-down. Which is a neat idea, but I personally want to be playing a character who's either struggling to avoid a descent into darkness or one who's slowly slipping downward, rather than someone who has gone puppy-kicking evil before even earning their lightsaber. So no bonus credits for me.
If you're a good boy/girl for the first few adventures, you can raise your Morality up past the threshold and become a Light Side user again. But it's meant to be a major roleplaying opportunity - the credits are just a bonus.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Datawych on May 25, 2016, 01:33:56 AM
If you're a good boy/girl for the first few adventures, you can raise your Morality up past the threshold and become a Light Side user again. But it's meant to be a major roleplaying opportunity - the credits are just a bonus.

Actually, the book says you are a Dark Sider until you get all the way up to 70, not just past the 30 threshold again. That's why it's so punishing to cross the 30-point margin, and so weird that it can be an optional starting character choice.

EDIT: Training Lightsabers only cost 400 Credits in the core book, which is within our starting allotment. Can we buy/have one of those, since even the little 6-year old younglings apparently get to use training sabers?

Datawych

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 25, 2016, 01:34:55 AM
You can, yes. Just know that training sabers don't have Breach, which seriously dampens their usefulness.

TheGlyphstone

That, and they can only inflict Stun damage.

I'll probably grab an "Ancient" Sword instead, and pair it with a Slugthrower pistol. Ranged combat isn't going to be my forte anyway with Agility 1, so I don't need to invest in a blaster pistol.

TheGlyphstone

Kadduth The Hutt

Basics

Full Name: Kadduth jah Jedi nopa Bareesh
Species: Hutt
Height: 3.3 meters
Weight: 200kg
Hair: None
Eyes: Blue
Special (Horns/scars/tattoos/etc.):

Cultural Background: The Privileged Few
Force Experience: Pragmatic Power
Heeding The Call: Ultimate Abilities

Morality: 50
Emotional Strength: Independence
Emotional Weakness: Arrogance
Motivation: Ambition (Power)

Career: Warrior
Specializations: Aggressor

Mechanics

Attributes:
Brawn 4
Agility 1
Intellect 2
Cunning 2
Willpower 3
Presence 2

Skills: (Athletics, Brawl, Coercion, Cool, Melee, Knowledge (Underworld), Perception, Ranged (Light), Streetwise, Survival)
Athletics 1
Coercion 2
Cool 1
Knowledge (Underworld) 1
Lightsaber 2
Ranged (Light) 1
Streetwise 1
Vigilance 1

Talents:
Enduring 1
Fearsome 2
Intimidating 1
Nobody's Fool 1

[/u]Derived Attributes[/u]
Wound Threshold: 16
Strain Threshold: 14
Defense: 0 (+1 melee)
Soak: 5 (+1 armor)

Gear:
Ancient Sword (350 Credits)  - Lightsaber/Dam +2/Crit 3/Engaged/Enc 3/HP 1/Defensive 1
Slugthrower Pistol (100 Credits)  - RangedLight/Dam 4/Crit 5/Short/Enc 1/HP 0/
Heavy Clothing (50 Credits) - Defense 0/Soak 1/Enc 1
Commlink (25 Credits)
38 Credits Cash

Force Rating: 1
Force Powers:
-Move (Strength 1, Range 2)
-Enhance (Athletics)

Description

TBD

Personality

TBD
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background

TBD

XP Log

Racial +70
Start +75
FP: Basic Move (-5)
FP: Move Strength 1 -(10)
FP: Move Range 1 (-5)
FP: Move Range 2 (-5)
FP: Basic Enhance (-5)
Skill: Ranged (Light) 1 (-5)
Skill: Lightsaber 1 (-5)
Skill: Lightsaber 2 (-10)
Skill: Streetwise 1 (-5)
Skill: Cool 1 (-5)
Skill: Vigilance 1 (-10)
Skill: Athletics 1 (-5)
Talent: Intimidating 1 (-5)
Talent: Fearsome 1 (-10)
Talent: Fearsome 2 (-15)
Attribute: Brawn 4 (-40)

Pocket Change: 63

Pumpkin Seeds

I Am What I Am
Name - Kishori Moohana
Species - Human
Specialization - Sentinel
Career - Artisan

Motivation - Faith (The Living Force)
Morality - 50
Emotional Strength - Pride
Emotional Weakness - Arrogance

Cultural Background - Comfortable With Tech
Force Experience - Ancient Religion
Heeding the Call - Ultimate Abilities

How I Do What I Do
Brawn        2
Agility        2
Intellect     4
Cunning     3
Willpower   2
Presence    2

Skills: (Computers, Deception, Knowledge (Core Worlds), Perception, Skulduggery, Stealth, Astrogation, Knowledge (Education), Mechanics)

Computers      2
Deception       1
Skulduggery   1
Mechanics      2
Streetwise      1
Ranged         1
(Light)

Pumpkin Seeds

Work in progress but sort of showing where I want to go with her.

Lockepick

Quote from: Datawych on May 25, 2016, 01:25:11 AM
But as far as I know, there are no drawbacks to being a Force Paragon, so that doesn't make sense to me.

The drawback of going Light Side is that you no longer have the option to use Dark Side Pips at all. As a 'neutral', you can lose Morality by accepting Dark and Light pips when using a Force Die. Once you go Light Side or Dark Side -- you can only gain Pips of your 'alignment.'

Not sure if losing that ability is worth the credits still, but just wanted to clarify. I plan on staying at 50 anyway!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Lockepick

I'm going to withdraw interest -- I'm afraid I'm just not a fan of this system (as much as I like the setting), and I can't push myself to make a character.

Nothing personal to your specific game! Best of luck everybody!
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Jaded

Should I assume a no on my post if people are creating characters already?

TheGlyphstone

Datawych

Quote from: Jaded on May 25, 2016, 01:40:06 PM
Should I assume a no on my post if people are creating characters already?
D'you mean on your Twi'lek Seeker?

Nah, we're still in the 'accepting applications' phase of things - none of the characters have been accepted or denied yet. I wanted to give people at least a couple days to get their interest posted and whatnot.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: lockepick on May 25, 2016, 10:06:27 AM
I'm going to withdraw interest -- I'm afraid I'm just not a fan of this system (as much as I like the setting), and I can't push myself to make a character.

Nothing personal to your specific game! Best of luck everybody!
Shame lockepick I have some major issues with the way a Force user can attempt to use a Force power, say to prevent a friend from being crushed, and have a bad roll and be forced to decide between not using the power or taking on conflict. Which makes sense for the force using classes in the other two core books because they lack formal Force training but it is silly for a trained Jedi, IMO. That and I hate morality as system rather than something to be RTPed, hated it in WoD and hate it here. That said, I love the Old Republic so much I am willing to overlook all that the trust in the story.

Quote from: Datawych on May 25, 2016, 04:26:57 PM
D'you mean on your Twi'lek Seeker?

Nah, we're still in the 'accepting applications' phase of things - none of the characters have been accepted or denied yet. I wanted to give people at least a couple days to get their interest posted and whatnot.

Oh, good I'll wait for the official word then.

One question however, as Jedi in training I assume we would have access to at least a training lightsaber?

TheGlyphstone

We have the option to purchase one, but I think it still comes out of our starting 500-credit allotment.

HairyHeretic

***WIP***

Full Name: Kthira'dori'Nuruodo, normally shortened to Radorin
Species: Chiss
Height: 5'10
Weight: Average
Hair: Black
Eyes: Red
Special (Horns/scars/tattoos/etc.):

Cultural Background: Comfortable with tech
Although Csilla has been locked in an ice age for the last few thousand years, the Chiss kept their technology even as their people had to gradually move underground to survive. They do not interact a great deal with other species, but they are pragmatic enough to want to know enough about others to be aware of their capabilities, and adopting what is useful.

Force Experience: Pragmatic Power
The number of force sensitive individuals amongst the Chiss is small, even in comparison to it's rarity in other species. Amongst the Chiss, this is seen as an affliction, and a black mark against the individual and Family. A mystic component would be seen as irrelevent, if not foolishness.

Heeding The Call: With Great Power
The Chiss are one of the naturally superior species in the Universe. As such, it means Radorin has a duty to excell in the role he has found himself in, as Jedi. While he would not fault lesser species for failing to measure up to his own standards, he can act as an example for them to model themselves on, and to improve themselves.

Morality: 50
Emotional Strength: Caution
Chiss are known for their patience and tactical aptitude, always acting with their opponent’s next move (or three) in mind. In the Academy and Aristocra, youths are taught to painstakingly analyze the situation in order to formulate the most precise and effective response. This has resulted in a cultural taboo against preemptive strikes,

Emotional Weakness: Arrogance
It could only be termed arrogance if one was not superior. There is no arrogance in recognising this.

Motivation: Cause - Justice
Being taken by pirates has created a strong desire in Radorin to see them and their ilk removed from the Galaxy

Career: Sentinel
Specializations: Shadow
Singniture Force Power: Misdirect

Background - Radorin's parents were amonst the few Chiss who travelled widely, diplomatic aides for the Ascendancy in the service of Hado’raes’nuruodo. The diplomatic mission was attached by pirates after visiting Kuat, and though the pirates were driven off, they did manage to escape with some captives and other loot.

Radorin was amongst those taken, passing through a number of different hands before ending up as a slave on Nar Shaddaa some time later, held in a Black Sun facility. His eventual fate could have been worse, except the facility was raider by the Twi'lek Jedi Master Daemora Sheplin. Sensing the latent force ability Radorin possessed, she brought him out with her.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Datawych

Quote from: hellrazoromega on May 25, 2016, 04:53:05 PM
Shame lockepick I have some major issues with the way a Force user can attempt to use a Force power, say to prevent a friend from being crushed, and have a bad roll and be forced to decide between not using the power or taking on conflict. Which makes sense for the force using classes in the other two core books because they lack formal Force training but it is silly for a trained Jedi, IMO.
The point is that the Force is a living, changing, semiconscious thing. It isn't just something that can be used to your every whim. Sometimes you don't have enough 'gas' to use the Force to make something happen. That's the whole reason there are more total dark side pips on a Force die than light ones. If you could always get enough Light Side power to do what you wanted, no one would ever fall to the Dark Side.

I get what you mean with Force Rating one, as you're sometimes forced to make the decision between gaining conflict or not having the power work at all. But it starts to make a lot more sense when you reach FR2+. Because then it's often a difference between succeeding to diminished effect, or succeeding at the cost of 1 conflict. Also remember that if you end up with 5 conflict at the end of an adventure, you still have a 50% chance to GAIN Morality.

And don't forget that the more Force-sensitive characters there are in a game, the higher the chance of having an extremely large Destiny pool!

TheGlyphstone

For that matter, you can tap the Dark Side once per 'session' without ever affecting your morality, since you have to roll under your current Conflict to have it matter.