Maid-amonogatari! (Maid system, teachers and students still welcome!)

Started by wander, September 26, 2015, 07:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Here is what I've rolled for Tamashi Sempai... :)

Master Type: Layman (Age: 18 years old)
Special Qualities: Sadist, Quiet.
Master Power Sources: Blood Ties, Talent.
Favourite Maid Type: Loli.
Stress Explosion: Alcohol/Drugs (Smokes cigarettes)

Hair: Purple
Eyes: Vermilion

Athletics 1
Affection 3
Skill 2
Cunning 1
Luck 2
Will 2

Spirit 20

Background
Tamashi is a highschool senior and aside from his relation to a fairly well to-do family and a legend of being some kind of prodigy, he's a fairly average guy for his age. Tamashi is fairly quiet and tends to keep to himself, he spends a lot of time on the school roof when he doesn't have a lesson to go to and is a known smoker when things get on top of him. Some say Tamashi is a bit 'hentai' behind closed doors and can be a bit of a 'bastard boyfriend' type, all he's missing is the glasses to complete the anime cliche. He is an affectionate guy though and has a weakness for cute girls, even if it may be to corrupt them...

Sessha

So I had a question. Do you have a problem if one of the characters is an older character? Like maybe a teacher? I've seen a few harem school based animes where that does happen. If so I think I have something that can work.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

wander

Ah, excellent idea! I have no problem with teacher characters, infact that'd be a really good add! ^^

I'll edit the opening post and hopefully this may snare more people to join too, some people dislike writing characters that are highschool age.

Mysterica

I tend to agree.  There are several nice interesting characters, but a teacher would be a nice idea for something a little different.

Sessha

Sessha

Here is my character. She's a WiP at the moment.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Name: Kaede Yukihiro
Sex/Gender: Hermaphordite

Maid Types: Sexy/Heroine
Maid Uniform Colors: Blue/White
Special Qualities: Head Maid, Actually a Guy(Hermaphrodite), Easygoing, Shapeshifter(Fox), Magic(Western Magician),
Maid Roots: Hereditory Maid
Stress Explosion: Drinking Alcohol

Athletics:    2
Affection:   3
Skill:         2
Cunning:   2(+1)=3
Luck:        3(-1)=2
Will:         4(+1)(-1)=4

Maid Power: Absolute Maid

Favor:  6
Spirit:  40

Personality: Kaede is every bit as calm and collected as one of her race can be. She takes her life with an easygoing attitude. Something that in times of great stress can be like a rock. Being older than most of the other maids she views the younger ones as her little sisters who need care and guidence from time to time. For Kaede being a maid is all about a mindset and she has mastered it so she can still be a maid even while wearing a two-piece string bikini on the beach. She will reward maids for a job well done or scold them when they mess up, but she always treats the maids under her with affection and understanding.

History:

wander

Yus! ^^

Okay, I'll make some threads up for Monday, so we can start this upcoming week, all fresh. :)

JoanieSappho

Bah, what do the lolis have that Iori doesn't? 
Also, since Mitsumi has known Tamashi (kinda) for the last three years, I suppose Iori knew him much earlier. Like ... up until he was ten or so, maybe? Long enough ago that he won't immediately connect her with the boy he knew, but long enough that Iori has fond memories of him. And I imagine Iori and Mitsumi are going to get along great, what with their mutual appreciation of sempai.  :P

Idlewyld

Quote from: JoanieSappho on October 02, 2015, 09:08:21 PM
And I imagine Iori and Mitsumi are going to get along great, what with their mutual appreciation of sempai.  :P

Needless to say, but isn't that how MAID is supposed to work?

wander

*nods* I'll be running the game more as a favour race, with the odd random occurances happening to keep things entertaining... A favour race runs the risk of some rather harsh back-stabbing moves... I'm after a fun game, so lets be friendly when the game starts, yes? :)

I'll get us an OOC thread up within the next 24 hours and the IC thread will then follow on. :)

JoanieSappho

Quote from: Idlewyld on October 02, 2015, 11:50:10 PM
Needless to say, but isn't that how MAID is supposed to work?
True, it's just been a while for me, and I'm currently a bit loopier than usual.

wander

OOC Thread Here!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=237506.0

We are still recruiting, so if you know anyone who may be interested... Please do let them know about this game! ^^

GunmetalDreamer

So, ah, due to some flooding I'm being evacuated.  I'm going to be out of touch for a while.

wander

Quote from: GunmetalDreamer on October 04, 2015, 07:15:56 AM
So, ah, due to some flooding I'm being evacuated.  I'm going to be out of touch for a while.

No worries, I'll keep your character to one side and you'll be welcome when you come back. :)

Sessha

wander

We've already kicked off!

I'll post the OOC and IC threads here, so you can jump in. :)

OOC:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=237506.0

IC:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=237599.0

You can jump in at any time, current scene is in the cafeteria, though everyone in the highschool is going to be wanting their lunch and be there around now. :)

Also...

Still welcoming new players to join! (or accepting second characters from current players!)

Vex

Sorry for the lateness of this. But, are you still interested in accepting applicants, even though you've gotten started already? It's been a while since I've played a Maid RPG game, but playing it in a school-harem sounds like it could be fun.

If not, no worries. I get I came in kinda late. So don't feel the need to stretch things any more than you're comfortable with.  :-)

wander

We are still recruiting and more than able to take more players on!

Just post up your character for the game when you can and soon as I've seen it you're pretty golden to get posting. :)

Vex

Name:  Kirishima Akemi

Athletics:   3     = 3
Affection:   4 - 1 = 3
Skill:       3 + 1 = 4
Cunning:     3 + 1 = 4
Luck:        1     = 1
Will:        2 - 1 = 1

Types:  Cool, Sexy
Hair:  Black
Eyes:  Grey
Uniform: Beige

Special Qualities
:  Curly Hair, Miniskirt, Childhood Friend, Fortune Teller, Physical Complex: Flat-Chest

Maid Roots:  Distant Relative
Stress Explosion:  Mischief
Maid Power:  Punishment

Favor:  6
Spirit:  10

Description:

Akemi is a lively, playful young woman, renown as a bit of trickster. Friend, peer, or rival alike, she seems to enjoy messing with those around her, even going so far as to pull a fast one on faculty from time to time. In particular, she's the habit spontaneously of saying something rather controversial, daring, or provocative, just to get a rise out of others or manipulate them into some elaborate prank. She's also quite the notorious flirt among her classmates. Her skirt is about as short as she can get away with without breaking the rules, she can be rather suggestive with her comments, and can get quite intrusively physical with males and female classmates alike. Much to their relief (and the occasional disappointment), she's rarely serious, mostly just enjoying seeing others flustered, and just as swift to shrug it off, partly feeding into her reputation as a bit of a tease. Despite the trouble she causes, she often fosters an enjoyable atmosphere when she's around, and manages to keep pretty good relations with most of her classmates, so long as they don't take it too personally. Games and fun aside, she can be charming gal, and tends to be quite friendly, even helpful, if they can get manage to take a good ribbing or two along the way.

Given her gleeful persona, many tend to assume Akemi is a wild-child, hot-headed, impulsive, and constantly getting in trouble. It's true that not everything goes as planned, and she does occasionally get in over her head, but she's actually quite measured, practical and almost unflappable in her way. Those that try to return her games and test her mettle as a trickster find that it's rather difficult to rouse her own passion beyond the confident smirk and obfuscating smile she so often dons, often taking their effort as more of a personal challenge than something that might threaten her. Akemi isn't easily thrown off her game, and more than happy to take control when presented the opportunity, often turning the tables on those who try to get one over on her.

In truth, she actually ranks as one of the top students, not just in her class, but in the whole school. She's quite knowledgeable, savvy, and despite her supposedly impulsive nature, doesn't let her games get in the way of her excellent academics. Strict teachers and more proper peers sometimes find it difficult to believe that the social gladfly and inappropriate flirt such a strong student, so much that she has been accused of cheating or plagiarism on numerous occasions. But, when tested, always seems to prove her studious nature is genuine. She rarely takes it personally, though, even forgiving the accusation and wearing their flustered realization as a personal trophy. Akemi truly prides herself on being difficult to figure out and revels in the confusion she creates, while being able to predict how others will react to her shenanigans.

A childhood friend of Mitsumi, Akemi has always enjoyed teasing the shy athlete, often pushing her past her comfort zone to delight in her adorable reactions, and perhaps push her a bit into being more assertive (despite actually being the younger of the two). Nonetheless, she is her friend, and cares about her happiness. Luckily, it just so happens that Tamashi's second cousin, and the two have a rather amicable relationship. She promised to help her at least get a successful date from her beloved Tamashi-senpai. But, Akemi is still Akemi, and she's certainly is going to have a little fun with along the way.

Here you go! It was an interesting result. Really strong attributes, mixed with some really weak ones. I've never played a character with such a low Will before. It should be fun to see how that plays out. With her Stress Explosion being Mischief, it might actually be fun to see what she does when she gets stressed out.  ;)

I didn't get to bringing up the Fortune Teller aspect. I'm thinking it's just another trick of hers. She probably carries around some tarot cards or divination aspect of some kind, and reads a classmate's fortune, but then tries to manipulate them into making the "prophecy" come true. So, it's not really supernatural (or maybe it is, and she just doesn't realize it), so much as just an opportunity to mess with people some more. She likes to test herself and others that way.

I was originally going to make her a Childhood Friend of Kato, and by extension Tamashi, and form a bit of a trio out of them. However, I thought it best to extend relations to other characters, just to mix things up a bit more. Mitsumi seemed like a good fit for the kind of person Akemi might have a lot of fun teasing, but I am cool to change it to someone else, should she prefer not to.

Lastly, I'm not sure what to do with the Bridal Training root. It doesn't seem like it makes a lot of sense in a school-based game, seeing as school life wouldn't really prepare her for a future as a house-wife. I'm thinking about re-rolling that one, unless you think there's another way to interpret it that would fit.

Anyway, I hope you like! Let me know if there are any issues with the character, or if you'd like a change or two made. Looking forward to hearing back from you! ;D

Mysterica

She seems fun, and as for bridal training, could be interpreted that she's just obsessed about marriage looking for her right man.

wander

Approved!

The OOC thread for the game is in the first post here, you can also find the IC thread to post here;

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=237599.0

Welcome to the game!

Vex

Awesome! I'll get caught up today and see if I can't start posting in a bit. Thanks!

Quote from: Mysterica on October 11, 2015, 11:14:00 AM
She seems fun, and as for bridal training, could be interpreted that she's just obsessed about marriage looking for her right man.

She does! I'm glad you think so. I'll do my best to see if she can't make things a little livelier. ;)

I suppose that's a reasonable interpretation. But, I'm not sure if it fits the character. I wrote her to be a cool, unflappable, assertive Social Gadfly-type, with a strong hint of the Tease in there. I'm not sure a character like that is all that obsessed with finding the One. Rather, she the kind who would have fun at the expense of those looking at Tamashi as the One. I mean, I'm sure she'd like a serious boyfriend, but presumably, so does every other character (well, maybe aside Honoka, of course). There's a difference between just wanting it and having an obsession, and I'm thinking she's not the type to take it that far.

I'm sure if I thought hard about it, I might be able to make it stick. But I don't think it's a natural flow, and as such, I think I'll just take that re-roll, in the interest of a quicker resolution. There are a lot of others on the list I think might be a better fit.

And a 61 result says Distant Relative. So, Akemi is Tamashi's Second Cousin, Once Removed. They kinda look alike, right (similar hair and complexion, at least)? I like that one much better. Lots of possibilities to play that one, but the most important is that it gives Akemi a simple, straight-forward reason to be concerned with Tamashi and his romantic life. I think she'd have fun teasing him about his popularity with the ladies. And it explains why she might be a good person for Mitsumi to risk asking help from (assuming she's up for that). Maybe she even lives with our quiet protagonist. Certainly makes the aforementioned trio a possibility as well, even if she's not quite as close to Tamashi or Kita as they are with each other. I'll leave it up to Kita whether or not he knows her well.

I'll make a few modest edits to the sheet, say hello on the OOC, and see if I can't get her started tonight!

wander

Sounds cool :)

I'll likely be updating IC tomorrow, today I have been admittedly nursing a hangover... (xD) However you'll see that not too much is going on and the tone is light and not too serious and stuff. Just a nice game to light post in and just relax to, really...

That was always my concern when I decided to start this, as something light and fun where people shouldn't have to strain over it or the posts there, as life got a bit too bloody serious for me and I decided to make something fun. So hopefully you'll have some easy-going fun too. :)

Vex

Ha! Well, you have my sympathies. Taking it easy for tonight sounds like a good idea!  :P

Light-hearted and fun is a good choice for Maid RPG games in general. They're not games they tend to lend too much to complexity or depth. I mean, I'm sure it could be utilized in such a fashion, but I think Maid plays best when one just takes the craziness that regularly pops up with a devil-may-care manner.

I just like a little consistency with my characters, that's all, and I didn't think Bridal Training was a good fit. No worries, though. I don't think I'll have any problems having some easy-going fun with this character.  ;D