Desperate Times

Started by Cherri, November 28, 2012, 10:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherri

Yvette peaked out from her pillow and notices the princess. "Need me for something already?"

Sylque

Silina shook her head and took a step into the room.  She noticed it was quite plain but that it had the basics.

"I just came to see if you needed anything Yvette.   I am thinking you're probably in need of a friend and while I'm sure you're not one bit interested in me being your friend, thought you might like to meet my personal attendant Flor.  Perhaps you might have something in common."

She took another awkward breath and wandered about the room a little more running her gloved fingertips over a rough looking trunk that had been provided to store the occupant's belongings.  She noticed dust and soot from the candles on it and frowned a little.

"Perhaps you can start with giving this room a good clean.  You can find all the cleaning supplies in a room off the kitchen.  The cook will know where to send you."

She paused when she saw the drab attire, the staff had provided her.   "Well that might do for cleaning chores, it surely won't do for attending to me or the Prince.  He has very high standards.  I'll have Flor bring up some gowns  for you as well.  They will make you a little less of an ..  well common and perhaps people will forget you're a thief."

"I do have one requirement for now though.   I would like you to wear these.. "  She offered up a wristlet of tiny silver bells that chimed prettily at the slightest movement.  "I would like you to wear this at all times."

"Now.. any questions before I send Flor up?"

Cherri

Yvette held up her wrist and the bells jingled. "Like a bad cat that has to be belled huh..?" She glanced around the room and would have to agree with the princess. If she was staying here she would make the most out of it. Her mind be an to think... She had seen the princess, but what had the prince wanted from her?

"Alright... I will get to cleaning this room then..." She stood up. "I won't be needing anything from... Flor was it? Now...Is there something you needed? Other than to I guess give a peace offering and placing a bell on me" She shook her wrist with the bells.

Sylque

Silina glanced at the ring of tiny silver bells about the girl's wrist. "Silver suits you..  and I'm sure you're very happy you have a wrist to wear them on.. Yes?.   You know, the Prince is a very fair man.  You could show your gratitude. He could have chose to have the law in place AFTER you lost your hand"

Her soft smile was genuine as was her brief look of confusion but true to her noble upbringing, she continued, "It's true that I don't understand why he would keep a thief for a servant, but I will honor his wishes Yvette.  If he wishes to have a commoner close to him then so be it. Unless you prove otherwise, I will consider you one of our family of servants and will treat you with the same privileges"

"If you do not want the gown that Flor brings up, that is your choice.  I'll leave you now to do the Prince's bidding."

Just a hint of her subtle jasmine fragrance lingered in the air after she left.

Cherri

"Well... a nice gown would be wonderful..." She muttered quietly to herself. As she watched the princess leave she sighed and sat on her bed again. "Being so close to a beautiful woman makes me feel so inferior~" Yvette whined childishly. She stood up and walked over to a small mirror in her room, boy did she need a cleaning up. She brushed her fingers through her hair in an attempt to tame her curls, but to no avail. She found a ribbon and tied her hair into a low pony tail so it had been out of her face. "Might as well get to cleaning up this room."

Yvette made her way down into the kitchen area, not knowing where to look or who to ask. "U-Um excuse me... but where can I find the cleaning supplies?" She asked the cook who gave her a polite smile. "Right over here dear." He showed her to the closet where it was located. "Oh, thank you." Yvette looked through it all and grabbed what she thought she needed.

Once back in her room she opened her window to let in a welcome breeze and began to dust.

Sylque

A tall woman with fine brown hair pulled back into a long braid suddenly appeared by the door.  She looked down her sharp overly big nose at the woman busily dusting and then scrinched her nose up to push her spectacles back up.   She was more than plain in her brown homespun overdress that hung lightly over her somewhat reed like frame.

"My mistress's attendant Flor sent me up to give you these Miss."  She managed a curtsey.  She was a cellar servant and even in the servant world there was a hierarchy of status which was dependent on who one served.  Since Yvette served the Prince and Princess, she held status over poor ol' Margurite.

She walked over and laid the items on the trunk at the foot of the bed.  As promised a gown of emerald green trimmed in black embroidery was there.  It looked as if it would hug every curve Yvette had and not hide much up top either.  Beside it lay two towels, a brush, a bar of soap, a green ribbon and a small.. very very small vial of an amber liquid.

"Flor said if you need anything miss, you ring for me.  I'm Margurite"  With that she turned and left.

Cherri

Yvette watched her leave and stared at the items she brought in. When she saw the gown she set down  her cleaning cloth, walked over, and examined  the dress. "wow..." she muttered breathlessly to herself. Such a lovely gown... she bit her bottom lip lightly in thought before shutting her door and undressing, no hurt in trying it on.

When she began to fasten it she noted how tight it was and how little it left for the imagination around her bust. She blushed and folded her arms across her chest. "I-I think it may be to small to wear, there is no way I can go out looking like this!" she looked over and noticed the small bottle with liquid in it and curiously  walked over and picked it up. "Perfume...?" She'd never wore perfume before... it had been just too expensive.

Sylque

((sorry.. did not see your most recent post Madness so when reading assume it fits in the time line rather than the order of the posts :) ))

Silina simply stared at the Prince after his rude and dismissive replies to her fighting back tears that instantly sprang to her eyes.  "Jaered, it might come as a surprise to you, but I REALLY DO have your best interests at heart!"  With that she sulkily swirled on her heels and disappeared muttering. 

"Being wed to him might not be worth the status after all!" she mumbled.  Not even seeing the cellar boy carrying up firewood to the rooms, she almost sent  him flying as he hurriedly tried to get out of her way. "What did I ever do to deserve him..  I already feel punished and I haven't even become his wife yet!"

"Whot m'um, you be talkin' to me?", the boy cowered against the wall.

"NO!"

MadnessChi1d

Jaered winced as the princess stalked off, noting to have a sit down with her later and at least try to explain the edge pieces of his plan. He went to his chambers and started in on his noon documents and practicing what he would say to Silina.

((Fort five minutes later at Yvette's quarters:))

The prince gave an orderly greeting to one of the servants he recognized from Silina's recruits as she walked away from the closed door that had been assigned to Yvette. As soon as he was within touching distance of the door he knocked and waited for a reply. 'This is going to be easy...' He tried to convince himself, 'Just tell her why you saved her... Why did you save her? Not because she's beautiful, though that is a perk... It has to be more than to act as a pawn in my plans else I could have just hired her after her hands were lopped off...' Thoughts like this continued racing through the young man's mind for several tedious minutes as he waited for an answer.

Cherri

"If it's another servant coming in to big me about orders I swear to the Gods I'll-" Yvette had been yelling in her room and marched over to open the door when she paused. It was not a maid, but in fact the man who had put her in this situation. She was quiet, not knowing what to say.

MadnessChi1d

Jaered's eyes seemed to have an anti-magnetic nature to the emerald green orbs in front of him. "Hello Yvette," He said deciding to look at the ground and stare. "I um... I suppose Silina has already been here. The dress is... very flattering." He developed a blush as his eyes quickly scanned her full figure and returned to the ground. "I think I may know who sent you after my documents, but without indisputable proof I would be a fool to accuse him. It's a fun war because what he doesn't realize is that before Silina was involved our plans involved the same ending." He chuckled absentmindedly. He then seemed to realize he had a job to do. "May I come in?"

Cherri

Huh... he didn't seem as confident and egotistical as she assumed. With a nod she opened the door and let him in. "I-I'm sorry... if I came off as rude..." She rubbed her wrists. "If it wasn't for you stepping up I probably would be in a bad condition right now.. but what is it that you need ...um... sir?"

MadnessChi1d

"I need you to be a double agent, an informant between me and your boss." He said as if revealing something that has been stopping him from breathing right. "Now that just makes it sound like I want you as a pawn but right now my feelings for you are... confusing. My goal is to make everybody I care about happy. My uncle, my fiance', you, my father. I need you all to be happy, and it gets harder for every piece added to the board game." The prince sighed and buried his face in the palms of his hands. "And now I seem like an over stressed psychopath."

Cherri

Yvette lifted her eye brow in a quizzical manner. "My happiness? I'm just a lowly commoner remember? You don't know anything about me, what if it was my plan for you to do this so I have a better chance at taking you down?" she asked with a slight frown and folded her arms over her chest. "Don't trust me so easily... I have much more at stake with my current employer... If I'm caught I can't imagine what would happen, but I would also lose necessary funds for my life."

She made her way over and sat on her bed in thought. How did she get herself in this political mess?

MadnessChi1d

"You need professional help." Jaered said as he stood to excuse himself, "And unfortunately for you my shop is closed until this blows over with my dad." As he exited the room he sat a small box on the chest at the end of her bed. "All of my servants wear them somewhere on their person." He told her before shutting the door behind him.

Cherri

Yvette watched him leave with an irritable. "Professional help??" she muttered angrily. With a sigh she watched him walk out and noticed the small box. "More jingle bells?" she thought before standing up and taking the box. Contemplating it, she set it back down. "I'll open it later..."

MadnessChi1d

Jaered knew it was a long shot, that she had to find out for herself that he could protect her, the small talisman made from woven rose stems was something he gave all of his staff, some knew of it's importance to him, some wore it because it was in the job description, and some because it made an actual fashion piece. It was a charm that symbolized the goddess the young prince worshiped in secret.

Cherri

After awhile, Yvette picked up the small box and opened it. Her eyes widened slightly at its beauty. "The symbol of the Goddess? Does the prince know of this talismans meaning?" She wondered aloud to herself. It was simply gorgeous. She looked around her room for a small chain or string and she fixed herself a necklace. "Probably unoriginal... But it's so cute like this~" she mused.

Well, with that done she went back to tidying and fixing up her room to her liking. Moving furniture and rearranging.

Sylque

Her nerves on edge by the ordeal of the trial and now having to deal with a thief that her fiance demanded be in their midst, she found solace in the rose garden. She could often be found here normally collecting petals for the various oils that she used to create her scented waters and soaps.. even elixirs for the skin.  Today though, she only sought refuge.

She wandered down the familiar twisting paths without any girls in attendance and had even dismissed the gardener who had attempted to hover close by in case she needed anything.  Finally Silina paused by her favorite roses of all time. Stately, delicate and fragrant, the rose the shade of a sunrise right after stormy night had caught her focus.    Lost in thought she gingerly played her fingers down its thorny stem and back up to flutter them across the petals.   She leaned down to breath in its fragrance, closed her eyes and breathed in the fragrance once more, clearly losing herself to the sensation of rose petal satin against her skin and its seductive scent.

MadnessChi1d

((It's been a while sense I was denied, and I wanted to check if you ladies had moved this into the adult role play as was planned and if not could we pick up where we left off?))