ThePastMayNotBeWhatYouThink ((ArtemisHighmore and AAA111))

Started by AAA111, June 21, 2010, 02:29:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAA111

Kelsey is a 21 year old college student at the University of Syracuse who is majoring in education. Ever since she can remember she has always wanted to be a teacher. Even though school is hard and tough at times she knows that when she is graduated and has her degree all of the hard work will be worth it.

Kelsey is in her dorm room trying to write a term paper that is due for one of her classes next week and to study for a test the next day. Instead all that she is able to think about is her ex-boyfriend. Even though they broke up 6 months ago the wound is still deep. They were together for a long time and she fell in love with him. So when he broke up with her it was really a hard time on her. To be truthful she never really got over him. Even though they had an extremely bumpy, rocky, and hard relationship she did not regret the relationship at all. She loved him with everything that she had.

She opens her laptop and decides to do her usual internet duties. She checked her e-mail first and there was no new e-mails. Then she checked her twitter account and nothing there. She then proceeded to check her facebook page. She had 4 new friend requests from 2 friends from home and 2 family. She got some comments on some photos that she took last weekend. Other than that nothing. She clicked out of the internet and set her away message:
"term paper for next week..and a test tomorrow..hoping to get something accomplished!"

ArtemisHighmore

Brian was twenty tow and working his way through the last year of his college career. Being an English major had been a lot harder than he would have expected, professors demanding three hundred page books to be read in a week. Somehow he had managed through it and even managed an exciting social life. That’s how he had met Kelsey.

He could still recall when they first met, bumping into each other at one of the typical football parties. They had chatted and swapped numbers, but never really took it much farther than that. Brian had waited a few days before calling her, needing the time to plan and to get the courage to ask her out. From then on it was a blast. Sure things were rough, but that was to be expected with two very busy college students. There majors didn’t exactly encourage a lot of free time.

Things had been going well tell he called it off. He needed more time to focus on his studies and tear through the last semester of his junior year. She had been heartbroken, he knew, but had accepted it. He hadn’t looked back, accepting the way things were and focusing on school, finishing the year out wonderfully. Over the summer he had share a few on and off romances, rekindling with high school flames. Now he was back on campus and he kept seeing her around. A part of him wondered what she was doing, if she was seeing anyone. The other part didn’t care.

Brian had ditched a paper, opting to sit in the cafe on campus and cruise through one of his assigned books. He was also scanning for anyone of interest as he had a bit more free time this semester and figured he could fill it back up with a little fire.

AAA111

Kelsey was sitting at her computer desk getting annoyed that she couldn't get anything done. Her roommates were also being very loud so she decided to head over to the cafe to possibly get some work done. She headed over there and she found a seat that looked to be a good and quiet place to get some work done. She sets her laptop on her lap and then she plugs her laptop cord into the outlet that is directly beside the chair where she is sitting .

As she begins to look she notices out of the corner of her eye a very familiar face. She tells her that she could notice that face and that smile anymore. It was Brian and he looked to be getting some work done also. Normally she would get up and go over there and talk to him but today she was kind of nervous and she kind of wanted to tease him and scare him just a little bit. She gets out her cell phone and scrolls through the contacts on her list until she finds Brians number and she starts to type a message to him. The message is as follows:

"Hey. Hows that book your reading?"

She clicks send and she gets back to typing her term paper. She feels a lot more relaxed in this setting and she was glad she decided to do her work here.

ArtemisHighmore

The cafe was packed with people and Brian was very much enjoying the show. Various people walked by, some stopping to swap a few words with him before moving on. He shot a few smiles to some cute girls before settling back into his book. He really did need to get the reading done but he also enjoyed chatting and meeting new people. Smiling softly to himself, his eyes scanned the pages before him, reading quickly as he had taught himself to do. It was the only thing that let him get through most of the drier classics and even some of the new age stuff. His cell phone was set on the table before him so that he would have easy access to it if it went off. Suddenly it began to hum, dancing around on the table. Curiously he picked it up, not recognizing the number off hand. He checked the text.

'Hey. How's the book reading?' Brian looked around, curious if there was someone that he had missed that he knew but didn't see anyone off hand. Shrugging slightly, he figured it was someone playing a joke as he was in fact, almost always reading something. His fingers danced on the keys as he shot back a reply.

'Fine, who is this?' He snapped the phone shut when the message sent, taking one more look around the room before focusing on his book again, wondering who was trying to bug him.

AAA111

Kelsey had microsoft word up on her computer, as well as two websites on the topic of her paper, which had to deal with some kind of education law that could come into effect. She had to write about why it should and how it would effect us our teachers in the future. She kept flipping between Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer tabs.  She had her phone on the chair next to her so it would vibrate whenever she got a text message or a phone call.

When the phone went off she grabbed her phone and saw the front of the phone said "brian <3" It hadn't been changed since they broke up. She didn't have the guts to do that yet. She opened up the phone and read his message and laughed to herself thinking she is such a loser still having his number but she shrugged as she began to type back.

"Kelsey"

She set the phone back down on the chair as she went back to writing her paper as she waited for a reply for him. Hoping that he would at least be able to reply.

ArtemisHighmore

Brian had been staring at the pages in his book but wasn't really reading. He had been pondering the number that had come up on his phone. Something about it rang a bell in his head but he couldn't put his thumb on it. Was it one of the girls he had hooked up with back home? He hadn't bothered to keep their names on his phone as he didn't plan on talking to them over the semester and most of it had been a one time deal anyways. Still he was curious why the number seemed so familiar. His phone buzzed again and he grabbed it, seeing the same number. Now he was really curious and he flipped it open. The answer was so obvious he missed it. For a long moment he sat there, trying to put name to face when he should have know right away who it was. Perhaps it was the fact that he had never expected to hear from her again, or hadn't expected her to still have his number. He had deleted her, just as he had all his exs, not having much interest in being yelled at by them. But here she was, texting him. When it finally clicked he nearly sank back in his chair, surprised by it all. His thumbs just rested on the keys, trying to figure out what to say. Finally he sent something back, just spitting something out with his mind still jumbled.

'Oh hey, what's up?' It was general, perhaps a bit uninterested, but what did she expect. He couldn't understand why she would randomly text him and he partly feared that he was in for a tongue lashing, something that he was not wanting at all. Hesitantly he set the phone back down, his eyes upon it and finding it hard to turn his attention back to the book as he considered the implications of her messaging him.

AAA111

She was halfway through writing her paper already. She had given a lot of really good reasons as to why this specific law should be put into effect and how it would effect her as a future teacher. When she had first gotten the assignment she had thought that this is going to be the most pointless paper of my life and I won't learn anything. She was completely wrong about that though. She had learned a lot about the topic and it was something that she could carry on throughout the rest of her teaching career. She had 4 pages already and only a few more sentences to write. The minimum was 3 pages so she was well on her way. She was very proud of herself and was so into writing that she didn't even realize until a few minutes later that her phone had gone off. Once she realized her phone received a text message she opened the phone and read the message. She thought to herself I know it is weird texting him randomly. It is jut that I miss him but I can't tell him that and be all clingy. She waited a few minutes before she began to send him another message back.

"Sorry for texting out of the blue..I saw you and I just thought I'd say hello. I know I know I could come up to you but for some reason I was really nervous to see you so I thought a text message would be more comforting for us both. Anyhow whats up?"

ArtemisHighmore

Brian had sat there watching his phone for a few moments before giving up. Marking his place and closing his book, he slowly got up from his seat. He dropped his phone into the right front pocket of his jeans, patting his other pockets casually to make sure he had everything still. Wallet, keys, okay all there. Running a hand down the front of his ribbed gray shirt that hugged his muscles nicely, he gave one more glance around before heading out the door. The walked as slow to his apartment and he didn't feel his phone going off until a good twenty minutes later. Leaning in the elevator on the way up to his room, he felt his phone buzzing and reached for it. Same number. Apparently she wanted to talk to him anyways. Flipping the phone open, he read what she had sent.

So she had been in the cafe. Funny that he hadn't seen her as he was pretty good at picking out familiar faces. Judging by the words she had used, he expect that she had been hiding in one of the booths while texting him. He gave a shrug, finger pecking casually at the keys.

'Oh, okay. Not much, just trying to get through senior year. You?' He wasn't sure why he had asked back, keeping the conversation going. He really didn't want to talk to her as for him that door was closed and that bridge lifted. But something inside him told him to be polite and so he had asked. Oh well, he figured if he played vague then maybe she would lose interest in texting him.

AAA111

She sighed to herself as she waited for him to text back. As she had waited, she had finished type the rest of her paper. She scrolled to the bottom of the paper and saw that the paper was 6 pages long double-spaced and she was very satisfied with what she had written. She used the spell check to make sure that there were no simple grammar and/or punctuation errors. None so far. Just to make sure she read through the paper changing small little words and punctuation here and there but once she had finished that she sat back. She thought to herself how happy she was that she had finished one term paper.

She saw that her phone was vibrating on the chair next to her so she grabbed the phone and said she would read the message and then text back before she was going to head home. She opened the text message that he had sent and quickly read his response. She had noticed that he seemed very non-chalant about it all. She realized that he didn't feel the same way about her anymore. She replied back.

"Trying to get through my junior year..do homework..and try and stay afloat.." She sighed as she thought about writing it but she didn't know if she should but she told her you need to put yourself out there again..tell him and maybe her reciprocate. She figured not but it was worth a try "I miss you." She clicked send as she quickly and quietly got up out of the chair and began to head home.

ArtemisHighmore

[OCC- sorry about the delay]

Brian was sitting in his room, his stereo playing soft classical music as he read. He had always heard that it would make him smarter and remember more if he studied while listening to classical music. Humming with the tune, his eyes read over the pages that he had scanned at the cafe, making sure that he had read it all correctly even with the interruptions. When his phone rang he set the book down, curious to see if it was still her or someone else. Same number. He flipped open the phone and was shocked. The phone almost slipped from his hand as he sat up on his bed. Curiously he reread the message, even reading it a third time to see if he had gotten the words right. Double checking the number against the other texts to make sure that it was her.

He spoke softly to himself. "Why would she send that? What was the point? What was she trying to do?" Sure it had been good, but he had broken up with her for a reason and had expected her to move on. His fingers pecked at the keys to his phone slowly.

'Why are you telling me this?' He wanted to know, needed to know. To set his mind at ease.

AAA111

She had just gotten home to her house. She turned on her laptop again and decided that now would be as good of a time as any to print off the paper so that way she would not have to worry about it later. She printed off the paper, stapled the 6 pages together, and neatly put it in a folder. She placed the folder in the 3 drawer cabinet that was directly next to her desk. She sighed in relief having had accomplished at least one important task today. Just then her cell phone alerted her that she had gotten a text message. She looked at the screen and saw that it was from Brian and she opened and read the text.

She wondered to herself why he was being so non-chalant and acting like the didn't care. She still loved him. She was very clingy and she never really lost that feeling. She wish she had so it wouldn't hear so much to know that he was gone but she couldn't help it. Kelsey is who she is and no one can change that.

She began to text him back. "Because I want you to know I miss you..and that I never got over you. I know I know I'm clingy and annoying but I needed to say something and get it off my chest."

ArtemisHighmore

Artemis had read his book for a bit more before finally setting it down. He gather his phone and headed to the restroom to take his nightly shower. As the water cascaded upon him, he got lost in his thoughts, losing track of the time. Finally he stepped from the shower, wrapping the towel about his waist when he heard his phone buzzing. He flipped it open, reading the message. Shrugging, he sent back a quick message.

"Just got out of the shower, what do you need to say?" He flipped the phone shut and began toweling off. As he was wiping down the mirror he thought he would play with her a little, since she seemed to be missing him so much. Wrapped the towel around his waist again, he snapped a quick mirror shot with the phone and sent it to her. Smirking, he snapped the phone shut again and headed to his room to get dressed.

AAA111

Kelsey decided that she would begin to make some notecards for her test that she had on Friday. Making and then studying the notecards was one of the very few ways that Kelsey felt helped her to study. She got out all of the material and the study guide and sat down at her computer desk as she began to write out the notecards. A few minutes later she saw her phone buzzing so she opened the phone and read the message. Not sure what to say she still replied back.

"Just what I said..that I miss you and never got over you"

Almost immediately after she sent that message she got a picture message from him and she shrugged her eyebrows wondering why he sent that picture. She thought he still looked as good as ever in the picture. He seemed to be keeping up his muscular physique. She grabbed her phone and texted him again.

"Why did you send that picture??"

ArtemisHighmore

He took his time changing and drying off, only changing into a pair of jeans. He wasn't planning on going out that night and so he did not see the point in getting all dressed up. Moving to the kitchen to fix something to eat, he got her reply. Looking at the words curiously, he shot back a reply. 'Oh you seemed like you meant something else.'

As he dug about his kitchen for something to eat, he got the second reply. Smirking, he typed out a quick reply before turning his attention back to making dinner. 'Seemed like you were asking for it since you missed it.'

Pulling out a pot, he filled it with water, putting it to boil. "Hmmm, might as well make some pasta and eat decently."

AAA111

As she waited for a reply from him she was about halfway through the material for her biology test on Friday. She realizese how thick the deck of notecards is currently but she tells herself that it is could because this will definitely help her when she is studying for the test. She continues to complete the rest of the notecards. She got the text messages and looked at them curiously and read them both. Then she quickly shot a reply back to both of the texts.

"I was saying that I missed you..not necessarily you and a picture of you" She said to him through text. Truth be told she was still a virgin. She was surprised but he was willing to wait for her but she can't stop thinking about the fact that maybe he broke up with her because of it. She hopes not because she thinks he is a better man than that.

ArtemisHighmore

He was leaning against the counter of his small kitchen, humming softly to the music that was still playing in his room. Adding some salt to the water, he waited for it to boil before throwing in some noodles, stirring them around gently. His phone went off and he flicked it open. A chuckled rolled through him, remember how uncomfortable it used to make her when he would parade around in nothing but a towel. He wondered if she was still a virgin and judging by her clinginess to him still he expect that she was. Chuckled again, he shot back a text. 'Why do you miss me?'

Setting the phone down, he worked on his dinner, feeling hungry and needing something to do rather than consider what was going on with the messages between them.

AAA111

She decided that it was time to take a break from the notecards so she got up and headed into the kitchen. She was going to make some parmesan chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner. She got one piece of chicken out and cleaned. She put it on a baking sheet and put breadcrumbs on it. Once it was fully coated in bread crumbs she turned the oven on and put it in the oven. She would wait to cook the mashed potatoes because they only take like 5 minutes since they are the Bob Evans mashed potatoes. She got his text as she signed. "

Why not..you were a big part of my life for like a year and its hard now. I just miss you. This was a bad idea you obviously don't feel the same way" She clicks send.

She goes to the living room to watch some tv while she wants for her chicken to cook.

ArtemisHighmore

[Sincerest apologies about the delay. Membership kinda overwhelmed me]

He was working on his paste, stirring it around slowly as he got out a pan to make the sauce. Humming, he started to dance around the room. Moving slowly to beat, his bare feet padded lightly on the tile of the his kitchen. His phone began to buzz, knocking itself from the counter with a clatter. Curiously he turned to look at it before scooping it up.

"So what are you saying? You're wanting to get back together or something?" He sent back the reply, flipping the phone in the air before tossing it to the couch in his livingroom. Slowly he heated up the sauce, smelling it's amazing aroma and making his stomach growl with hunger.

AAA111

[No need to apologize..It happens to the best of us. No biggie. Glad you replied :-) ] d

She looked over at the oven and saw that there was 8 minutes left for the chicken and she knew that it took about 4 minutes to cook the mashed potatoes so she decided that now would be a good time to put the potatoes in the microwave. She got up and grabbed the mashed potatoes out of the refrigerator and peeled a corner back and put it into the microwave. She went to sit back down to watch some tv. She noticed that her phone was vibrating on the couch so she opened it up and was shocked at what he wrote. He knew her so well it was crazy how much he really knew about her. She smiled to herself as she began to text him back.

"Well maybe I don't know..Possibly" She was babbling and it was clearly apparent. She was scared of being hurt again but she loved this guy more than anything in the world.

ArtemisHighmore

He finished cooking, letting the pasta cool slightly. Once he had a plate full, he moved to the couch, wondering what he could find on tv. Turning on his laptop, he let it boot up, figuring he could find something amusing on it if there wasn't anything good on tv. He sat upon his phone, feeling it buzz and chuckling. She was certainly being persistent with her texts. Sighing slightly, he pulled the phone up, flipping it open to read through the message.

"Why? We've been apart for a year now? Why do you want me back? It wasn't like you had your first time with me." He shook his head, sending the message and tossing the phone aside. His laptop kicked on, bring up his IM and he perused the offline messages out of habit.

AAA111

She waited until the mashed potatoes were done cooking in the microwave. When they were done cooking she carefully took them out and put them into a bowl and threw the package into the garbage. By this point the chicken was ready so she grab two pot holders and used them to get the chicken out of the oven. She placed the chicken on a small plate then put the pan under water to let it soak. She went into the living room where he laptop was. She opened it and went onto facebook to check messages. No new messages but 1 friend request which was accepted. She turn on the tv to watch some tv while she ate. She read the text and was shocked to say the least. But she still replied back

"Because I like you alot..and because I never got over you. I know I know its all about sex all the time but I don't think it has to be. I just think it doesn't. You dont like me anymore then?"