Madness of Wonderland (Super Powers and Insanity) (CLOSED)

Started by Moraline, May 22, 2015, 11:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

You are cordially invited to partake in a tea party.
Event to take place in the formal gardens at midnight. Don't be late!

Signed,
Professor Sela Mathers

~ ~ ~  OOC  ~ ~ ~

• Players will be playing the part of college students or Professors (see further details below)   
  • Setting: Based loosely on the realm of Wonderland and our modern day world.  There is a link shared between our world and Wonderland. The characters will be children either from the World of Wonderland that were raised in our world and didn't know they were from Wonderland or they will be children born of one Wonderland parent and one Earth parent.
  • Plot:  The Professors are gathering the students to unlock hidden powers within each of them and teach them how to use it. When suddenly they are all pulled into the realm of wonder and imagination, Wonderland - Now corrupted by the evil insanity of the Jabberwocky.  The goal is to stay sane in Wonderland and survive the Jabberwocky's evil plans (more to come on that as the game unfolds.)
  • Mostly this will be a Freeform game with a simply overarching plot. 
  • No previous knowledge of any of the worlds or stories are necessary. 
  • All player characters will be original and non-cannon. 
  • There will be some random dice rolls by the GM to determine the outcomes of certain events.
    • For Example, if a player wants to look for a special item they can ask the GM in OOC chat and then the GM may do a dice roll to determine the probability of the character finding it.
    • How will those dice rolls be decided?
      The GM will use the dicebot on E to first roll a number between 1-100.
      Then the GM will roll again to try and get under that number to determine if the player is successful or not.
    • Example: 
      Player says, "Do I find a _______ in the magic chest?" 
      GM rolls dice and gets a 34.
      GM rolls again and gets a 76.  (Because the dice roll is high the player is told that they do not find the ______ in the magic chest.)
      If the GM had rolled less then 34, the player would have been successful.
Notes:
Game Section:  Extreme - just to cover the bases. *Please Respect Other Players Offs* Anything non-consensual must be put into a spoiler tag and agreed on between players before it occurs.
Posting:  Expected to be several times a week done in 3rd person. Post sizes should average a paragraph or two - containing some descriptive text and possible dialogue.
No God Modding, Power Gaming, or Meta Gaming of any type. If you are unsure of something, ask the GM.

Calie Liddle Intro

Welcome to the party. My name is Calie Liddle, you may know my ancestor Alice Liddell. Yes, the one from the story called "Alice's Adventures In Wonderland."

But before we begin, I want to thank your Professor Mathers for inviting you all here today. You maybe wondering why you are here? Well, you've been selected for this very special private gathering because of your unique qualities. We'll get back to those shortly.

So let's begin. Tell me, have any of you ever read a fair tale or remember one from your childhood that felt so vivid and so real that it has stuck with you throughout your entire lives? So much so that it's become a part of you? Maybe you feel like you learned a valuable lesson or moral from the story? Perhaps you just related so well to one of the characters in the story that it almost felt like you were kindred spirits.

There's an important reason why you might have felt those types of close ties to the stories and that's why you are all here tonight. But I'm probably getting ahead of myself. It might be better if I show you exactly what I'm talking about, after we have some tea. 

Please enjoy the tea.  The Professor and I will be handing out pamphlets to help guide you through tonight's festivities.

* See Next Post for Character Sheet Template

Moraline

*Reserved for Character Sheet info*

Characters Available:
Students
Professors
Creatures of the Wonderland (Talking Animals, Beasts, Insects, various creatures of myth and legends)

Current List of Characters:

Professor Sela Mathers

Name:  Dr (or Professor) Sela Mathers
Bloodline:  Falseblood
Physical Description:   187 years old (appears late 20's), 5'10", 154 lbs, , blue eyes, black hair, glasses, athletic build

Cliches
Sela is a Professor of Literature.  She has a Ph.d in Fairy Tale literature and is an avid researcher of obscure myths.

Tools:
Sela is almost always seen with a very special copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales

Hooks
Sela often struggles with her personal role as a Realm Knight and Guardian of the Earth.  It causes her to doubt her worthiness in the role. Her trusting nature can get her into trouble but she believes that there always has to be some good in everyone. She sometimes can be a bit serious and eccentric in her personality. This causes people to sometimes see her as a bit of a hardass but those that know her will also know that she never gives up, always stays in the fight, and would die to protect the people of Earth. Her indomitable will is one of her defining character traits.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?
Everyone knows that she is a professor and is she is known as a teacher that drives her students hard. Her class is notorious for students dropping out within the first couple weeks. However, students that stick with the class almost always get good grades as she gives frequent opportunities for students to do additional work to make up for lost grades.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill?  
She is not a very creative person. Charging into battle or tackling every problem head on is her normal go to.

What is your biggest personality flaw?
Sela's sense of humor is lacking or at least it's buried below the surface of a tough exterior.

What are you most afraid of?
That someone will try to take her daughter away from her again.

Tales:
-  Sela was made the Guardian of the Nexus long before she was ready when her predecessor was killed by an evil Witch. At first she stumbled in her new role and very briefly ended up being coerced and tricked into doing evil and harm to the people she was sworn to protect.
- Sela became a Realm Knight when all of the other Realm Knights were slaughtered by an entity known as the Dark One.
- As the result of an enchantment, Sela forgot that she had a daughter for about 17 years but has since been reunited with her now teenager daughter. Their relationship is... complicated.
- NPC
Calie Liddle

NameCalie Liddle
Physical Description:   34 years old (looks about 26), 5'7", 125 lbs, Blue eyes, Born a blonde but died it black until her experiences in wonderland turned it pure white, she now dies it black when on Earth, Calie has the build of a slim fitness model with a six pack stomach and well defined musculature giving her slightly broader shoulders. 

Cliches:  Athletic jock with a stubborn anti-authortarian personality. She was the shortstop on her state champions under 18 boys baseball team when she was only 16 and held the highest batting average in her league.

Tools:
Normally just a cell phone and a baseball bat left in her car. In Wonderland she has a two handed sword, a short spear, and a large two handed battle axe but a woode table leg will do just as well.

Hooks:
Calie is sweet and flirtatious normally. She probably comes across as a bit of a tomboy at times because she's into sports, off roading/mudding, and likes to shoot pool and drink beers with the boys. She exhibits a few symptoms of multiple personality disorder as she will just as easily switch into full on motherly/housewife mode in the next minute. If frightend or scared she can lose her temper and will go into a blind berserker like bloodlust fueled rage.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?  Very little as almost no one left alive knows her accept Sela Mathers and the denizens of Wonderland.
What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? Calie doesn't trust anyone, it's not that she doesn't trust the people it's simply that she doesn't trust if she's going insane or not so everything around her might possibly be an illusion. She isn't always able to figure that out.
What is your biggest personality flaw?  I'm a little bit mad.
What are you most afraid of?  After being in Wonderland for so long, I don't fear anything.

Tales:
- Calie's tale is to long to tell. She followed in Alice's foot steps Through the Looking Glass and nothing has been the same ever since.
- She has a teeange daugther named Violet who is as mad as a hatter, very literally. Violet is possessed by the spirit of the Mad Hatter.  Violet is currently under the care and protection of Sela Mathers.
-  Calie sometimes goes by the name Lacie, but it's also quite possible that her real name is Alice even though she was raised as Carol Anne and goes by Calie.  But that's all just who she was yesterday, today she might be someone completely different.

- NPC
Cheshire Cat - reserved
Kiera Reynolds - Ixy
Alfred Birche - TheHangedMan
Garret Madigan - Rukio
Bianco 'Bia' Elix  - Miyaluca
Harper Maisonneuve - Lithium
Vanessa White - AndyZ

*I know it looks imbalanced male/female but trust me, it's not.  You'll see.   ;D

(Character Sheet Code)

[float=left][img width=220 padding=8]<insert character image here>[/img][/float]
[size=14pt][b]Name[/b][/size]:
[b]Bloodline[/b]:  <Falseblood (one Wonderland parent) or Pureblood (both parents from Wonderland)>
[b]Physical Description[/b]:   <age, height, weight, eyes, hair, distinguishing features, and racial traits>

[size=12pt][b][u]Cliches[/u][/b][/size]:  <I'm a history nerd, Im an atheltic jock, I'm a dancer, etc... add a brief description>

[size=12pt][b][u]Tools[/u][/b][/size]:
<the stuff you carry on you at all times>

[size=12pt][b][u]Hooks[/u][/b][/size]: 
<Personality and things that help to identify who you are. Also, how it's effected others perception of you in general before this group. 
IE: I'm very outgoing and love to socialize so I'm one of the most popular people in school! I've spent all my summers at band camp and I am a main chair in the school jazz band.)

[b]What would the others(players) possibly know about you?[/b]
[b]What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? [/b] 
< ie: i don't know how to swim, i don't know how to use a computer>

[b]What is your biggest personality flaw?[/b]
< When I'm stressed I snap at people >

[b]What are you most afraid of?[/b]
<  I really don't like creepy crawly things >

[size=12pt][b][u]Tales[/u][/b][/size]:
<3 brief points and/or stories about your history. >
Examples:
- I was in a car crash and that's how i got the scar on my cheek. 
- My parents divorced when I was a kid and i've spent all my summers in a foreign country with my other parent learning a 2nd language.
- I've had nightmares since I was a child of drowning and because of it, I'm afraid to learn how to swim. I spent a lot of years in therapy about it but no one has ever figured out where it comes from or why. I've come to cope with it and I can walk over a bridge now without breaking into tears.
- <or they could be a full paragraph detailing some other important event in your life etc...>

Ixy

I am very interested in taking part in this game.  The post length should be perfect for me, and I strongly appreciate that the core canon is reserved, so there is no necessity to fill 'roles', allowing us more opportunity for freeform development within guidelines... more of an opportunity to build scenes and drama.

If a character is a half-wonderland child, is it reasonable that they might be mythology-inspired... like for instance, if the March Hare is truly mad in early spring, would he have been able to visit earth and assume a human-like shape and spawn a human-seeming child?  I rather like the idea of a college-age girl dealing with uncontrollable emotions and flashes of brilliance, each twisted, abstract, and overwhelming.

Erotic elements would certainly be preferable for this character, but I'm really looking for story here, not to be made mute witness to every other character's nifty superpowers :)  Small groups would be preferable for me, or a large group that can easily subdivided, because it's hard to keep up with the chaos of a huge crowd trying to do the same thing.

If this all clicks, I'll submit a character for review.  Thanks for organizing this kind of game, and I hope it takes off!

TheHangedOne

Ahh, my lovely Moraline, this looks like a delicious game to sink my too-many-teeth into.  ;)
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ApesAmongUs

Would characters be created knowing who their Wonder-parents are or would that be part of the game?  Similarly, would the potential powers be pre-planned and/or in existence before the party, or would they only appear afterwards?

Moraline

Quote from: Ixy on May 23, 2015, 12:52:00 PM
I am very interested in taking part in this game.  The post length should be perfect for me, and I strongly appreciate that the core canon is reserved, so there is no necessity to fill 'roles', allowing us more opportunity for freeform development within guidelines... more of an opportunity to build scenes and drama.

If a character is a half-wonderland child, is it reasonable that they might be mythology-inspired... like for instance, if the March Hare is truly mad in early spring, would he have been able to visit earth and assume a human-like shape and spawn a human-seeming child?  I rather like the idea of a college-age girl dealing with uncontrollable emotions and flashes of brilliance, each twisted, abstract, and overwhelming.

Erotic elements would certainly be preferable for this character, but I'm really looking for story here, not to be made mute witness to every other character's nifty superpowers :)  Small groups would be preferable for me, or a large group that can easily subdivided, because it's hard to keep up with the chaos of a huge crowd trying to do the same thing.

If this all clicks, I'll submit a character for review.  Thanks for organizing this kind of game, and I hope it takes off!
First of all, HI IXY! I'm so glad that you're interested in this game. I have been away for awhile but I remember playing with you in the past and it's always a pleasure!

In a word, Yes. All of your character ideas are pretty much the direction that I'm going with this.  I'll have a character sheet posted very soon, it will be similar to the ones that we used in our Beyond the Supernatural (click me) game (if you remember that.) Although this game will be more open and freeform in structure.

As for group size, I'm hoping for around 6 players that way if we lose one or two it won't effect the overall story. ~ Sometimes people fall into the rabbit hole and never come out.  ;D

Quote from: TheHangedMan on May 23, 2015, 01:44:43 PM
Ahh, my lovely Moraline, this looks like a delicious game to sink my too-many-teeth into.  ;)
Ah, my precious, THM. I have your Cheshire Cat on reserve if you so wish to play him.  We'll talk more about it when you've got the time.

Quote from: ApesAmongUs on May 23, 2015, 02:13:03 PM
Would characters be created knowing who their Wonder-parents are or would that be part of the game?  Similarly, would the potential powers be pre-planned and/or in existence before the party, or would they only appear afterwards?
You would/could know who your parents are but it's unlikely you'd know the full details of where the the Wonderland side comes from. It's a matter of course that here on Earth they do their best to hide their identities.  Feel free to shoot ideas at me though as I am flexible on some concepts.

As for powers, you will start out not having any but I will be asking you what sort of powers that you would like to have.  The idea of the powers will be to keep them minimal in nature and confined to just a couple of special gifts. I'm flexible here and would be open to hearing what the player wishes for.

The powers themselves will end up manifesting for the first time shortly after we begin play.  Very shortly.

Acula

I love this idea and think it could be a lot of fun. Toying with the craziness of Wonderland could lead itself to a lot of interesting twists and character developments. I'm game if there's space for me! ^^

Moraline

Quote from: Miyaluca on May 23, 2015, 03:10:33 PM
I love this idea and think it could be a lot of fun. Toying with the craziness of Wonderland could lead itself to a lot of interesting twists and character developments. I'm game if there's space for me! ^^
Submit a character here! Looking forward to playing with your mind!   ;D

Character Sheet Code is now ready!

[float=left][img width=220 padding=8]<insert character image here>[/img][/float]
[size=14pt][b]Name[/b][/size]:
[b]Bloodline[/b]:  <Falseblood (one Wonderland parent) or Pureblood (both parents from Wonderland)>
[b]Physical Description[/b]:   <age, height, weight, eyes, hair, distinguishing features, and racial traits>

[size=12pt][b][u]Cliches[/u][/b][/size]:  <I'm a history nerd, Im an atheltic jock, I'm a dancer, etc... add a brief description>

[size=12pt][b][u]Tools[/u][/b][/size]:
<the stuff you carry on you at all times>

[size=12pt][b][u]Hooks[/u][/b][/size]:
<Personality and things that help to identify who you are. Also, how it's effected others perception of you in general before this group.
IE: I'm very outgoing and love to socialize so I'm one of the most popular people in school! I've spent all my summers at band camp and I am a main chair in the school jazz band.)

[b]What would the others(players) possibly know about you?[/b]
[b]What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? [/b]
< ie: i don't know how to swim, i don't know how to use a computer>

[b]What is your biggest personality flaw?[/b]
< When I'm stressed I snap at people >

[b]What are you most afraid of?[/b]
<  I really don't like creepy crawly things >

[size=12pt][b][u]Tales[/u][/b][/size]:
<3 brief points and/or stories about your history. >
Examples:
- I was in a car crash and that's how i got the scar on my cheek.
- My parents divorced when I was a kid and i've spent all my summers in a foreign country with my other parent learning a 2nd language.
- I've had nightmares since I was a child of drowning and because of it, I'm afraid to learn how to swim. I spent a lot of years in therapy about it but no one has ever figured out where it comes from or why. I've come to cope with it and I can walk over a bridge now without breaking into tears.
- <or they could be a full paragraph detailing some other important event in your life etc...>

Lithium

If there's any spots left, save one for me pleaaaaase. :O

Moraline

Quote from: Lithium on May 23, 2015, 03:52:18 PM
If there's any spots left, save one for me pleaaaaase. :O
My dear, Lithium if there wasn't a spot for you
then I would build you one. Maybe two. 

Lithium

AndyZ

Going to think on this one and see if any ideas pop to brain.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Ixy

Quote from: Moraline on May 23, 2015, 02:38:26 PM
First of all, HI IXY! I'm so glad that you're interested in this game. I have been away for awhile but I remember playing with you in the past and it's always a pleasure!

In a word, Yes. All of your character ideas are pretty much the direction that I'm going with this.  I'll have a character sheet posted very soon, it will be similar to the ones that we used in our Beyond the Supernatural (click me) game (if you remember that.) Although this game will be more open and freeform in structure.

As for group size, I'm hoping for around 6 players that way if we lose one or two it won't effect the overall story. ~ Sometimes people fall into the rabbit hole and never come out.  ;D
Thanks for that-- I adored that game.  It'd be so great if this works out...

Moraline

@AndyZ - Hope to see your ideas!
@Ixy - *hugs*

Just going to clarify a bit for character creation. 

If you have any ideas for powers that you'd like your character to possess, hold onto them. We'll introduce their powers shortly after we start the game. I'll go over power selections at that time.

But just so you have an idea of the power levels we are looking at, it's going to be a situation where your character has maybe 1-3 minor special abilities. 
- As an example they might be something like:  Flight, Shoots Lightening, can turn into a goblin or wolf.. or something. 
- OR maybe something like:  Can magically make a weapon appear out of thin air, is as strong as 10 men. 
- OR can turn into water, and shoot it like a fire hose, because you are related to a water nymph. 
Those are all just examples.

Also you could conceivably have the racial traits of actually looking like a pink fluffy teddy bear, or have the head of a horse.  BUT because you are under some sort of enchantment you currently look like a human... at least until we unlock your powers then presto.. You're a talking horse headed individual.  Can't wait to go home and show my friends this! ;D

Ask questions if you have them.

TheHangedOne

WIP
Name: Alfred Birche
Bloodline:  Falseblood of the Cheshire Cat
Physical Description:  Alfred looks to be in his mid twenties, is Caucasian, has brown hair, which is often dyed, and bedazzling, emerald green eyes. He is 5'6 and 200 lbs. Despite being on the larger side of things, he wears his weight well, and has a very athletic, smooth, streamlined body. His eyes are his most distinguishing feature, due to the intensity of the coloration, the way they seem to sparkle in the light.

Racial traits include the fact that his hair is actually naturally a wide variety of shades of purples and pinks, and he some times is only a floating pair of eyeballs with a big grin.

Cliches: Drama kid, through and through. Poetry, reading and writing, acting, performing, this is my love, this is my passion. I'm a character, and I know it.

Tools:
Pocket knife, lighter, pen, small pad of paper, iPod with actual earphones (not those pesky buds) (earphones are usually draped around my neck), cell (just a cheap-o burner), small LED flashlight (really bright) .

Hooks:
*I love to socialize, but tend to be somewhat awkward or strange about it. This is almost always attributed to the fact that I am, after all, an actor (with a penchant for alliteration).
*I like to make up words to describe things. They make perfect sense to me, but others... they don't always get it. That's okay, though. The ones that do are the ones that matter.
*Personality wise, I've got some of the mercurial qualities of a cat. Yet, you'll find that I am as loyal as a dog.
*Also, I love animals. I work at a shelter, even. Animals are awesome.

*I do background acting work at times, and I'm pretty thrilled about it. I'm always chattering about how I will soon be a member of the Screen Actors Guild. I plan on making it big in Hollywood.
*I love women. Women usually love me, until they realize how much of a free spirit I am.
*I love to cook. And bake. I some times randomly subject people to delicious sweets.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill?
*I don't take things seriously. Even though I'm intelligent, my grades never match it, because I shirk the work, or am too flippant with my essays.
*Some times, people say I'm stuck off in my own little world. What does that mean? Isn't everyone like that?
*Hey, remember how I said I'm mercurial? Turns out that can cause all sorts of problems with other people.

*I don't take things seriously. It doesn't matter what it is, I just... can't. I can be serious very rarely, through superhuman will, but it's draining.

*Spiders

Tales:
*Ever since high school, I have been taking electives for drama, literature, etc. I have always loved these classes, and while my other classes tended to get C's and B's, these classes were always straight A+'s.
*I used to get picked on a lot. It's actually what drove me to develop my physique better. I've even taken some martial arts (Escrima, Okinawan staff fighting), so I can keep myself safe... and defend others from asshole bullies.
*One time, I was working as a background actor on the set of a movie, and I got to meet Rob Zombie. He's just as awesome as I thought he'd be.  As a background actor, we're not supposed to start conversations with the Big Names, but hey, he came to me when he heard me telling one of my stories.

Check out my poet tree!

Moraline

@THM  - Looking good! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Ixy

Name: Kiera Reynolds
Bloodline:  Falseblood of the March Hare
Physical Description:   Age 18, a petite 5'4 and 112 pounds.  She has brown hair, dark brown eyes, delicate features, and creamy pale skin.

Cliches: Kiera wants to be a performer-- she practices and studies chorus, theater, writing, and film.  One day, she hopes to be famous.

Tools: She carries her backpack with a couple of textbooks, papers, pens, and a cell phone.  She frequently has a refillable stainless-steel water bottle, a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, a maxi pad, a compact, lip gloss, sugar-free gum, and a clean shirt and underpants.

Hooks: Despite being in the "popular" crowd in high school, she is often at the fringes... when she was a cheerleader in high school, she volunteered to represent the school mascot instead of a starring role.  She goes clubbing with her friends, but only dances in a group.  She targets big-level productions, but actively seeks roles involving heavy make-up and costuming.  Her modeling portfolio includes a number of headshots that make her look beautiful, but she never displays or gives away pictures of herself.  Essentially-- she is always hiding, despite being drawn to the stage.
Everything she owns seems to come from the thrift store, and she lives in a campus duplex with a more boisterous and neo-hippie roommate.  She clearly doesn't comes from money-- she supplements her income by alternately working as a teacher's aide or doing summer maintenance and landscaping jobs.  She doesn't own a computer, and her phone is a cheap burner with pre-paid minutes.  She doesn't even own a computer, and types all her papers in the school labs.
Her social life in college has adapted as well.  She's not into the sorority scene, and seems more of a bookworm than a scene kid.  Though she has experimented with harder drugs, mostly she sticks to light beer, and she never seems to have a steady boyfriend, despite the rumors that she's "been there" with the "stars" of several cliques... there's rumors that she went down on this football star or that, or that she ate out the girl who played Lady MacBeth backstage mid-performance, or that such-and-such snuck a pic of doing her doggy-style in her sparse bedroom.  Still, there's never anyone to corroborate the story.
She's apparently also a vegetarian.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? She is an actress and stagehand in every production from the university's theater department.  She seems permanently single, and resists attempts to 'get to know her' or share her own feelings. 

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill?   She cannot stand to see others suffer. 

What is your biggest personality flaw? She finds it nearly impossible to trust, depend on others, or display genuine emotion-- except on-stage.

What are you most afraid of? She is terrified of dogs that are bigger than a breadbox. 

Tales:
When she was seven years old, she was attacked by a rabid dog in her rural North Carolina neighborhood.  She has scars on her wrists and shoulder from the attack, and had to endure months of abdominal injections to prevent contracting rabies herself.
She performed at a talent show in high school, singing a solo rendition of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep", and received high praise.  She doesn't know it, but a video is on YouTube.
She enjoys camping and outdoor activities, but always travels with an outdoor club with whom she avoids socializing outside of events.
Often, people try to strike up conversations with her at the campus "smokers blocks"-- small designated smoking areas where they tend to congregate and socialize.  Occasionally she can be engaged in conversation about a Luc Besson film, a trip-hop record, or a thread of mythology.

Rukio

Is this still open? I'd be extremely interested in this particular idea if it is.

Moraline

Quote from: Ixy on May 23, 2015, 09:14:06 PM
Kiera Reynolds
Name: Kiera Reynolds
Bloodline:  Falseblood of the March Hare
Physical Description:   Age 18, a petite 5'4 and 112 pounds.  She has brown hair, dark brown eyes, delicate features, and creamy pale skin.

Cliches: Kiera wants to be a performer-- she practices and studies chorus, theater, writing, and film.  One day, she hopes to be famous.

Tools: She carries her backpack with a couple of textbooks, papers, pens, and a cell phone.  She frequently has a refillable stainless-steel water bottle, a pack of cigarettes, a lighter, a maxi pad, a compact, lip gloss, sugar-free gum, and a clean shirt and underpants.

Hooks: Despite being in the "popular" crowd in high school, she is often at the fringes... when she was a cheerleader in high school, she volunteered to represent the school mascot instead of a starring role.  She goes clubbing with her friends, but only dances in a group.  She targets big-level productions, but actively seeks roles involving heavy make-up and costuming.  Her modeling portfolio includes a number of headshots that make her look beautiful, but she never displays or gives away pictures of herself.  Essentially-- she is always hiding, despite being drawn to the stage.
Everything she owns seems to come from the thrift store, and she lives in a campus duplex with a more boisterous and neo-hippie roommate.  She clearly doesn't comes from money-- she supplements her income by alternately working as a teacher's aide or doing summer maintenance and landscaping jobs.  She doesn't own a computer, and her phone is a cheap burner with pre-paid minutes.  She doesn't even own a computer, and types all her papers in the school labs.
Her social life in college has adapted as well.  She's not into the sorority scene, and seems more of a bookworm than a scene kid.  Though she has experimented with harder drugs, mostly she sticks to light beer, and she never seems to have a steady boyfriend, despite the rumors that she's "been there" with the "stars" of several cliques... there's rumors that she went down on this football star or that, or that she ate out the girl who played Lady MacBeth backstage mid-performance, or that such-and-such snuck a pic of doing her doggy-style in her sparse bedroom.  Still, there's never anyone to corroborate the story.
She's apparently also a vegetarian.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? She is an actress and stagehand in every production from the university's theater department.  She seems permanently single, and resists attempts to 'get to know her' or share her own feelings. 

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill?   She cannot stand to see others suffer. 

What is your biggest personality flaw? She finds it nearly impossible to trust, depend on others, or display genuine emotion-- except on-stage.

What are you most afraid of? She is terrified of dogs that are bigger than a breadbox. 

Tales:
When she was seven years old, she was attacked by a rabid dog in her rural North Carolina neighborhood.  She has scars on her wrists and shoulder from the attack, and had to endure months of abdominal injections to prevent contracting rabies herself.
She performed at a talent show in high school, singing a solo rendition of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep", and received high praise.  She doesn't know it, but a video is on YouTube.
She enjoys camping and outdoor activities, but always travels with an outdoor club with whom she avoids socializing outside of events.
Often, people try to strike up conversations with her at the campus "smokers blocks"-- small designated smoking areas where they tend to congregate and socialize.  Occasionally she can be engaged in conversation about a Luc Besson film, a trip-hop record, or a thread of mythology.
@Ixy -  APPROVED!

Quote from: Rukio on May 23, 2015, 09:24:31 PM
Is this still open? I'd be extremely interested in this particular idea if it is.
Yes, it is most definitely open. Please submit your idea.

PS: If we get a lot of people interested then I'll just run two separate groups in their own unique story arcs.

Moraline

NameCalie Liddle
Physical Description:   34 years old (looks about 26), 5'7", 125 lbs, Blue eyes, Born a blonde but died it black until her experiences in wonderland turned it pure white, she now dies it black when on Earth, Calie has the build of a slim fitness model with a six pack stomach and well defined musculature giving her slightly broader shoulders. 

Cliches:  Athletic jock with a stubborn anti-authortarian personality. She was the shortstop on her state champions under 18 boys baseball team when she was only 16 and held the highest batting average in her league.

Tools:
Normally just a cell phone and a baseball bat left in her car. In Wonderland she has a two handed sword, a short spear, and a large two handed battle axe but a woode table leg will do just as well.

Hooks:
Calie is sweet and flirtatious normally. She probably comes across as a bit of a tomboy at times because she's into sports, off roading/mudding, and likes to shoot pool and drink beers with the boys. She exhibits a few symptoms of multiple personality disorder as she will just as easily switch into full on motherly/housewife mode in the next minute. If frightend or scared she can lose her temper and will go into a blind berserker like bloodlust fueled rage.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you?  Very little as almost no one left alive knows her accept Sela Mathers and the denizens of Wonderland.
What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? Calie doesn't trust anyone, it's not that she doesn't trust the people it's simply that she doesn't trust if she's going insane or not so everything around her might possibly be an illusion. She isn't always able to figure that out.
What is your biggest personality flaw?  I'm a little bit mad.
What are you most afraid of?  After being in Wonderland for so long, I don't fear anything.

Tales:
- Calie's tale is to long to tell. She followed in Alice's foot steps Through the Looking Glass and nothing has been the same ever since.
- She has a teeange daugther named Violet who is as mad as a hatter, very literally. Violet is possessed by the spirit of the Mad Hatter.  Violet is currently under the care and protection of Sela Mathers.
-  Calie sometimes goes by the name Lacie, but it's also quite possible that her real name is Alice even though she was raised as Carol Anne and goes by Calie.  But that's all just who she was yesterday, today she might be someone completely different.

TheHangedOne

Edited mine. Added in some more. All that's left is to find a picture.
Check out my poet tree!

Rukio

Name: Garret Madigan
Bloodline: Pureblood of The Mad Hatter
Physical Description:   Garret is tall, standing about 6'7. He towers over most people and has the toned body of one who is completely obsessed with his image. He isn't particularly ripped, but he is extremely well toned. He looks to be about 18, but he isn't really sure how old he is as he grew up in foster care and the orphanage he had been dumped at as a baby had no records of his birth.

Cliches:  Garret has a need to always show people the perfect gentleman. He is dapper, courteous, and always unfailingly polite. He is well versed in high society and always dresses to impress, never without his hat. He was extremely surprised to find himself with a scholarship to study whatever he wanted, so, naturally, he chose linguistics with a minor in Shakespearean literature.

Tools:
Cell phone, switch blades (2 of them), pocket watch on a silver chain, tobacco pipe and a small pouch of tobacco, box of matches because he hates match books,.
In Wonderland, a long, thin blade too short and thin to be a sword or rapier, but too long to be a dagger or athame, tobacco pipe, box of matches, pouch of tobacco, and a set of throwing knives.

Hooks:
- Garret suffers from what he has been told are night terrors of a strange world and people he's never met. These are actually his memories of when he was taken to Earth as a baby.
- Incredible gambler as he has no emotional awareness, he has no discernible tell.
- Garret is fascinated with Victorian style and fashion and always dresses the part.
- Never goes anywhere without his watch and his hat.
- Cannot tolerate criticism.
- Verbal jousting is one of his favorite pass times.
- Sometimes comes across as rude when he takes a moment to respond to emotionally difficult situations, but that's really just him making sure he doesn't misstep or lit his image slip.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? Next to nothing most likely. Garret is still unaware of his heritage.
What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? Garret suffers from what most people would call severe OCD, but it only extends to how people see him. Only his image must always be perfect.
What is your biggest personality flaw? Garret can't resist a good challenge. No matter the odds stacked against him, he faces them with a grin and a manic glint in his eyes.
What are you most afraid of? People seeing him as anything less than the perfect gentleman. Also people finding out he's a murderer. (He only killed them because they were going to kill him)

Tales:
Garret grew up on Earth, not knowing who his father was and never quite fitting in. He was teased when he was young for his height and odd obsession with things most people considered old fashioned and lame. He has spent most of his life in foster care until he was "old enough" to get out on his own. At 16 he ran away and managed to forge his own way by means of gambling and conning people, taking their money and vanishing before they even realize they've been played. Now, he lives in his own flat, paying rent and living off his gambling money. Many people have accused him of cheating and a few have even tried to kill him for it. Those who tried, were always found in some alley with their throats slit neatly and no traces of who could have killed them.
Always down to play a game of chance with anyone. As far as anyone knows, he's never lost. Even when his opponent tries to bait him into impossible situations.

((How is this? I figure he'd be a student and I have an idea for a several powers he could have. Not all of them together, but whichever would work best with the game or him as a character))

Acula

Here’s my rough draft. Feel free to make suggestions!

—--

Name: Bianco 'Bia' Elix
Bloodline: Falseblood of The White Rabbit
Physical Description:   Early 20s, 5’1”, about 110lbs, bright creamy blue eyes, dirty blonde hair, and has a sleek, defined frame. One of her defining features is her hair, which she likes to braid in different styles.

Cliches: I’m a track and field runner and I’m making my way through college on a scholarship because of it. I get along well enough with my fellow teammates, but I haven’t made any close friends.

Tools:
My father’s pocket watch, a small sketchpad, a fountain pen, a pencil, and Chapstick

Hooks
*I love making friends, but I attend a lot of training camps and have limited time to socialize.
*If I ever have free time, I like to go dancing and I always accept party invitations. Who doesn’t love a good time? I can't drink though; the coach would throw a fit.
*To make spare cash I sometimes work at my mother’s antique watch shop. I'm pretty good at doing repairs too. 

*I love to sketch and draw. I often ask others if they would mind me sketching them when something catches my eye. It's just a hobby.
*There’s a good chance I’ll win the championship for my college. I’m not a celebrity, but people at my college know my name.
*I have a huge sneaker collection.

What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? I hate loud noises and I’m easily spooked. Some people find it hilarious to hear me scream and constantly try to surprise me.

I am very peculiar about being on time, and the use of my time. I can be unreasonably snippy with someone if I think they’re wasting it.

I hate loud noises, but I’m secretly afraid of the dark. I sometimes have nightmares that I’m falling down a hole into endless darkness. It really creeps me out.

Tales:
*I’ve never met my father, but my mother seems to still think highly of him. She says I resemble him in a lot of ways. I hope to meet him one day.
*I sometimes can’t help myself and I steal trinkets. I don’t mean any harm, and most of the time they’re useless items.
*I spent a lot of time in my mother’s shop tinkering and learned I have a natural affinity for fixing stuff. Sometimes my repairs backfire, but I’m getting better all the time.

Moraline

@Miyaluca  - Approved as is!  Let me know if it's good for you and I'll post it up top in the Confirmed list.

@Rukio - I think the concept is great! Sent you a PM with a couple little suggestions. Can't wait to see the final draft! Let me know when it's done so I can post him up top in the Confirmed list.

@TheHangedMan - Let me know when your image and sheet is ready so I can post him in the Confirmed section! We already talked and I think he looks great!

*EDIT*

That puts us at 2 Male, 2 Female characters, + GM.  Hoping for 6 players.  I can take more as this game has a lot of flexibility in the group dynamics. Not everyone needs to travel with the first group entering Wonderland.

NOTE:  Game is LGBT friendly. I love everyone equally! <3  So grab a friends hand and jump down the rabbit hole together!

Lithium

Name: Harper Maisonneuve
Bloodline: Falseblood of the King of Hearts
Physical Description: She's 19 years old with a lithe and petite build, standing at 5'4" and weighing 112 lbs. She has green eyes, short pixie-cut platinum blonde hair, various tattoos scattered all over her body, a pierced tongue and pierced nipples.

Cliches: She's the bad influence that your momma warned you about.

Tools: Cell phone, earbuds, wallet with her fake I.D. and a bit of cash, lighter, lip gloss and a lollipop or two.

Hooks: Harper is a pretty cool and laid-back chick for the most part, although she can a little testy when people try to tell her what to do or how to act. She lives entirely in the moment without planning ahead or thinking about tomorrow. She loves partying hard, drinking, getting high and committing the occasional unlawful act, basically anything that'll give her a rush. She also enjoys the company of both girls and boys.

Thanks to her very outgoing personality, Harper doesn't have any trouble talking with people or making friends, although those friendships tend to be rather shallow. Not necessarily on purpose, but as a result of her lifestyle, since she's usually just meeting up with people to go out and get wasted. Sometimes, when she's alone and has nothing to do, she longs for some closer relationships and friendships like the ones that she had when she was younger.

What would the others(players) possibly know about you? That she's always getting in trouble at school for botching her work or talking back to her teachers, but she doesn't really seem to give any fucks. Some people that are into that type of thing might also know that she can hook them up with some good product.
What weakness do you possess or what is your weakest skill? She seems almost allergic to making good decisions.
What is your biggest personality flaw? Being motivated almost purely by her desires and impulses, and acting on them without considering the consequences.
What are you most afraid of? Waking up one day and realizing that she wasted her life.

Tales:
-Born in France, but raised in a trailer park in Florida after her mother moved there to be with her new boyfriend...who left her high and dry after three weeks.
-Harper has a juvie record with charges for shoplifting and possession.
-One of her childhood friends' dad owned a garage which she worked at to help her mom pay the bills, so she learned a lot about fixing cars despite having no formal training.
-She's had plenty of accidents and mishaps, some resulting in fractured or broken bones.
-She has an on-again, off-again interest in photography, but hasn't really explored it too thoroughly.
-Her mother re-married a man who was well off and pretty much forced her to go to college if she didn't want to get kicked out on the street. They're not on very good speaking terms.