FATE of the Shinigami

Started by ShadowFox89, June 06, 2013, 10:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Basic game idea, Bleach game using the FATE system. I'm honestly in the brainstorming phase at this point, but I'd like to see if there's any interest before going too far.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Rayne Bluestone

never heard of the FATE system before, would be interested in reading up on it and anything bleach sounds good to me so I would be interested.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Hmm, this certainly could be interesting.  Even if it doesn't materialize as a Bleach game, the FATE Core rulebook has an example of building up a world during character creation that seems like it could be pretty fun to do.  You've certainly got my interest.

Edit: And looking over Fate: Accelerated Edition, that actually seems like a pretty good base to start with for a Bleach game.  Character creation is quick and easy, you could use Aspects and Stunts to represent assorted powers, and I think the simplified version of the skill system makes for a more cinematic style. ^^

ShadowFox89

Glad to have your interest. I hope we can get a few more :)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

insaneplots

seems interesting wouldn't mind getting involved with this. Will download and review the FATE rp system when I get home tonight.

ShadowFox89

Cool.

What would you guys be looking at as far as a storyline goes? Do you want a more action style series with lots of big battles and chewing through mooks, or more investigative?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kunoichi

Hmm, tough decision...  I wouldn't mind going either way, really. ^^;

insaneplots

Same I like a mix of investigation, character development, and combat.

Rayne Bluestone

more investigative but a few battles here and there to spice things up.

Vaulera

I haven't done a system roleplay for E yet, but I have sooooo much experience with D&D, I'm even running a campaign right now! I'd love to be a part of this, if it gets the hype it needs!

ShadowFox89

I've always got game ideas. My problem is I have a hard time paying attention to actually running it and not just spinning out ideas >.<
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

If I had to say, between mook chewing and investigating, I would personally go with a balance. You know, the big, investigative buildup to a confrontation with the ultimate not-so-mook, or a bunch of little skirmishes in the way of getting clues! It's always nice to have a mix! Running it is always the hard part. Although, the FATE system looks like it's a lot more flexible and plot-centric. As a DM for my group, I have had the most frustrating experiences. I had this massive plot and lore cache, so I made this impassible 30 foot chasm filled with avard's black tentacles. And do you wanna know how they beat it? Ladder and rope. All because my brother suggested a barbarian take three ten foot ladders and 150 feet of rope in character creation. So my suggestion, as a fellow GM, is create some situations with intrigue, balls or parties, important people with personalities, something to find out, a big mystery to be uncovered, and sprinkle some combat in. Then try and path your way through, with what connects the encounters. Also, how will we be actually doing this roleplay? Not sure how I would do the system on E

ShadowFox89

I'm not saying I've never run or haven't run many games. I've run a large number of games, both here on E and various other forums. What I'm saying is that actually keeping the plot going, keeping NPCs up, etc, is something I've always had a hard time with. And it's usually the cause of a game dying.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

Oh! Oh yeah, that's really difficult. It's a little easier to get yourself going when you know the people, but it's not so easy when it's over the internet. I could help you out from time to time, if it isn't too compromising. Even just to talk about it to keep things interesting, if it would help at all.

ShadowFox89

Well, we have at least 4 people interested. That's a good start.

My thoughts were this: The game would take place in Soul Society Europe, focusing on recent graduates of the Soul Reaper Academy (that's you guys). We'd kick off with discovering a conspiracy in the SSE and go from there. Let me know what you think and I'll put up more of a background, like how SSE operates (something like King Arthur's court).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

Not 100% familiar on all of that, but I think it should be easy enough. I could most definitely go along with a conspiracy plot!

Rayne Bluestone

sounds interesting to me I look forward to it.

Andol

I would be interested in this... anything Bleach is nice, though I have never heard of the FATE system...

Mysterica

I might be able to give this a go.

Batman4560

I would be willing to learn the FATE system to do this however are you aware there is a bleach system for dnd 3.5 that has everything from various soul reaper classes to how to build a shiki? Either way if you are serious about doing this what I would do as far as weather or not to do more action or mystery. I would say let the players pick whatever squad they want to be in and determine what they will do more of based on their squads.

ShadowFox89

I'm aware Batman, I helped playtest the classed version and am in two games for the classless. FATE Accelerated is a lot quicker to pick up, and has just enough structure to work. Neither of the Bleach D20 systems are actually finished, the first has balance issues (Fullbringers facerape everyone) and the second is little more than a collection of houserules glued together.

Working on the setting a bit. Would it offend anyone's religious sensibilities if I drew from Judeo-Christian lore (specifically, the Angels and Archangels) for the European Soul Society?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

Doesn't bother me at all. :D

Vaulera

I'm not offended by anything anymore. Draw away!

Andol

RedFangedWerehawk

Oh nice, FATE is from the same guys that did Spirit of the Century. Definitely nice for a quick in to a game. Count me in for this all the way! I'm perfectly open to Judeo-Christian lore.

ShadowFox89

Working on the setting here: http://bleachd20.proboards.com/thread/227/soul-society-western-europe

It's a work in progress, but you can feel free to comment on it. Oh, and peek at the classless system and offer constructive criticism ;)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

If you don't mind a Bleach newb, I'm interested. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RedFangedWerehawk

So are characters restricted to Shinigami, or is this open to other classes like Quincies and Arrancars?

ShadowFox89

There are no "classes". But so far, it'll be Shinigami characters only, I still have to think of how to incorporate Arrancar and Quincy into the setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RedFangedWerehawk

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on June 17, 2013, 02:16:26 AM
There are no "classes". But so far, it'll be Shinigami characters only, I still have to think of how to incorporate Arrancar and Quincy into the setting.

Oh, my bad! I guess I meant to say "race." What if there were a few Arrancars that were captured but spared execution because they were found more useful to the 13 Royal Families fighting in the Michael or Raphael divisions as probationary Thrones?

ShadowFox89

Like I said, I'm still thinking up on how exactly everything will fit in. I'd like to have more Western influence than Eastern with the WESS (Western Europe Soul Society), so we'll see what comes up. One thought is that Arrancar are hollows who were merged with a philosopher's stone created by Quincy alchemists in hopes of creating a better weapon against the Angelic Guard and the Hollow Lords.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mysterica

That's a pretty interesting way to spin it.

Vaulera

Hmm. So, I'm curious. Would our characters start with power levels similar to bankai, or just shikai?

ShadowFox89

You'd start as Cherubim-ranked officers, so just shikai.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

Feel free to start coming up with character concepts. Keep in mind that your character should be from one of the countries that contribute to the WESS (western europe soul society). So Japanese names wouldn't be very common, but French, Spanish, Italian, and English would.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

By concepts do you mean what the characters zampaktou does? Also I assume you mean their views on the world around them? Will the squads work the same way, 1-13 with the same jobs?

ShadowFox89

http://bleachd20.proboards.com/thread/227/soul-society-western-europe

Check that for how the WESS works. It's a work in progress, but has enough to get you started.

As for character, use this:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Squad:[/b]
[b]Rank:[/b] Cherubim

[b]Physical description:[/b]

[img]http://[/img]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Zanpakuto:[/b] Sealed and Released only, no Full Release.

[b]Background:[/b]

[b]Ons:[/b] Things you'd be willing to do/have done.

[b]Offs:[/b] Things you don't want to do/have done.

Everyone starts at Cherubim rank, it gives room to grow and gives you plenty of goals.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

Ok cool, just one other question will we have the chance to become captains if we choose to make that a goal?

ShadowFox89

Eventually, but don't expect to suddenly become a captain :P

I intend to have a bit more politics come into play than what you see with the manga/anime. And if you want to make up a noble house, feel free. It means we can set up things like dealing with arranged marriages.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

Great, Im going to have to learn this system so please bare with me. Do you want us to roll up stats like you would for the game as is? Such as should I assume my character is level one? Or would he be stronger since he is a seated member? Also are we starting with a low power game as in 10 pts for stats or something more moderate?

ShadowFox89

We're using FATE Accelerated. I'm just using those forums to work on the setting.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

One last question, are their uniforms the same or should they reflect where they are from?

ShadowFox89

Hm.. that's a good question. I'm tempted to lean towards more medieval knight style, with armor and a tabbard, but that's up to you guys.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

So, generally speaking, I'm wondering, shall we set up profiles and then move on to creating characters for the system?

ShadowFox89

Yes, I'd like to see what kind of a crew we've got so I can get NPCs put together.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

All I know is that Im going to play a Paladin like character.

Vaulera

I've just secured the picture for the girl I'm going to play. Going for the rather arrogant, quick to be offended french noble. Tell me, what are the limits on family names, etc. I want to know if a noble family could be a ruling house, or whether it could just be a noble house of some repute. Got most of the history thought out, but need to know specifics. Also, just tell me if I need to work on anything for the profile!

Vaulera

Name: Emilia Valois
Squad: Michael Division

Physical description: Emilia is an extremely small woman, just barely reaching 150 cm in height (roughly 5 feet tall) and gracing 115 pounds. Her hair is a silvery colour, an extremely platinum blonde, reaching all the way down to her calves. When expecting battle, or sent on a mission, she usually winds it into a long, thick braid, held together by a light metal cap with a metal blade protruding a few inches, more for show than any actual effectiveness. Her garb, both for battle and leisure is loose and flowing, but unlike many other members of the reapers in Western Europe, forgoes plated armour, relying on her nimbleness, as her small size doesn't suit the heavier protection offered by metal. Always on her legs are some form of covering, for formal events, stockings and for more casual, or battle, leggings. Also with her garb, when in formal situations, she wears a small circlet, befitting the heiress to her family's estates. Her head is heart-shaped, with pale skin, her lips full, nose round with a sharp bridge and her eyes a light, ice blue. Her figure isn't full, but is still womanly despite it. Her muscles aren't defined, but clearly worked at, as there isn't a scrap of fat to be found in the most common of places. Her entire body is indicative of great discipline, effort and vanity.

Personality: Emilia's personality has long been a source of heckling and talk amongst the men and women of the Soul Society of Western Europe, and for a large part of it, it isn't good talk. Unless bound by a formal courtesy, Emilia speaks her mind bluntly. Along with this lack of consideration, as some call it, she enjoys brevity, and her empathy is usually reserved for those who she is close to and few others. Arrogance and vanity are two of her more defining properties, but aside from all the negativity, among her small circle of close friends and family, she makes jokes and teases as much as anyone. With trusted friends, her air of formality and propriety drops, revealing her well-loved sense of teasing and comedy.

Zanpakuto:

Aigle: Release phrase, "Tonner, Aigle!

Unreleased: Unreleased, her Zanpakuto is an incredibly simple, if well made arming sword. It's grip is wire wrapped, with a metal pommel that balances the blade nicely, as well as a quillon cross-guard of a similarly thick size. It has a rain-guard and smaller blade of about 30 inches. Unreleased, it has a thick bevelled edge, not very good for cutting, but an extremely sharp point, as thrusting is the clear intent of the weapon. The steel of the blade is unadorned, and the centre is a much more flexible steel than the extremely hard-tempered edge, narrowing to a needle styled point.

Released: When released, the rather plain and unadorned arming sword grows a great deal in length, rising to an estoc with a length taller than the girl herself, 56 inches long, with a thin blade of bright silver steel, almost blue, as all good steel should be. The blade is only a couple inches long, and the bevel on the sides of the blade is extremely steep, resulting in a blade that could cut, but the needle thin point couldn't be any more indicative of a stabbing weapon. The hilt is unwrapped, but doesn't slip in one's grasp, the strange blue material gripping like wire. The cross-guard is an ornate quillon, with two large flares at the ends of the guard portion. The hilt is made for one as well as two handed use, and the pommel has what looks to be a great blue sapphire in the centered with ornate designs trailing up to the water guard. When activated, Aigle booms like a thunderhead. It's special property is that when fed a large amount of energy, it fires it off in a bolt of lightning, completely straight and powerful enough to melt low melting point metals and start fires. The lightning fires off in a straight line, despite the usual arcing properties and is quite lethal to one caught point first. She cannot however sustain the lightning, only firing off a single bolt at a time.

Background:

Since the very creation of the Western European Soul Society, the house of Valois has been dedicated to the cause of exterminating hollows and freeing restless souls. In the whole history of their line, not a single member of Valois has been in a division outside of Michael. Their swords and their personalities have always been known as extremely loud and obvious. The mark of a true-blooded Valois is pride and expertise, and the shame of the prestigious line is one who's blade is revealed as having a defensive or underhanded ability. The belief is founded in that one who's personality is sneaky, dishonest or cowardly will be revealed in their blade. Thus, the house bred in extremely strict and militant mindsets into not only their children, but their servants. This, perhaps more than anything is responsible for the intractable nature of the family. Always reluctant to retreat or compromise, the headstrong nature of the members make them poor leaders and negotiators, but their deadly skill, military precision and absolute fearlessness makes them perfect soldiers. Yet this constant pressure on the members of the house to constantly uphold the honour, dignity and morals of the family often create personalities that are extremely harsh on the outside with true nature and emotional expression repressed.

Emilia, formally known as Emilia Anael Valois the 3rd, was born the daughter of Pierre Valois and the formerly low-born shinigami officer Clea Trumont. Born the younger of two siblings and the first female Valois in many generations, much attention was lavished on her by her father, mother and grandparents. The heavier burden and expectations for the family future was dropped upon the shoulders of her sibling, an older brother by the name of Basile Valois, ten years her senior. Rather than resentment from her older brother, she received much love and affection. The two were practically inseparable, and Basile very much lived up to the expectations of his house, with apparent ease. He was a true prodigy, in social, mental and physical applications. He was the top of his class in the academy and quickly rose to a high seat in the micheal division. Even with his truly busy schedule, Emilia's older brother made time to tutor her in Kido, Swordplay and theoretical applications. Not only was her brother a prodigy, he had one of the most powerful swords that her house had ever seen. It went by the name of Sombre Déchirant, and it's powers were magnificent. When released, the blade was a shining silver greatsword, six and a half feet in length and several inches wide. It's blade trailed a swath of darkness that rent anything in it's path. He cut a magnificent figure, gleaming plate, gleaming blade, flowing cape and pure black trail, as if the very fabric the world was made of was being torn in his wake. He was a very popular figure, amongst both genders, but his romantic feelings were reserved for his partner, a noble girl of an arranged marriage to another great house, fostered with some effort from both parties. As she grew into a young woman, Emilia was often troubled by would-be suitors, and would always come to Bastile for assistance. Ever willing, Bastile shooed them away, and the bond between the two Valois siblings seemed unbreakable. Everything changed when her brother went out on patrol, power limited of course. He never came back from the other side, and neither did the other shinigami with him. He had left Emilia and never come back.

For an entire year Emilia, her family and even his friends were in deep mourning. Bastile had vanished, and the impact of it had crushed Emilia. After one year, she understood what it was to be her brother. The whole weight of her family dropped onto her shoulders. She was shattered on the inside, but Emilia spent every hour of every day practicing, honing her Kido, swordplay, etiquette and theory. With the previous assistance from her late brother, Emilia easily made the top seat in her class at the academy, but she wasn't as popular as her dear brother. The absolute lack of joy or pleasure that she drew from her life lead to a cold and formal demeanour, not assisting in the creation of friends. She carved a reputation as cold, precise and elite among her fellow students, and then in the Michael division, as was expected of her as a Valois. Immediately upon her entrance to the Michael divison, she uncovered the name of her Zanpakuto and unlocked it's Shikai release phase. The nature of her blade further added to her reputation. In the real world, she excelled at eliminating low-level hollows. Shooting a single bolt of lightning and piercing their masks from long distance, or carving into a group with her sword in two hands, movements quick, precise and face completely devoid of passion.

After a long while in Michael, a certain comrade of hers', one Marco Delmont, cracked her ice. She was eating a meal in the mess, a few empty spots down from Marco and a group of his friends. They were teasing each other in good humour, and Marco, ever the clever one made a very complex joke referencing both the beard of his father, his friends' foolishness and the promiscuity of his friend's romantic interest. All of the men besides the target of the joke understood it and laughed, but the target, of course as offended as if he had understood the insult, stood and asked what was so funny. For the first time since her brother had died, Emilia giggled, and the whole of her squad froze. It was as if someone had turned the squad into statues, eyes glued on the laughing Emilia, not believing such a sound could be coming from her lips. Gradually, she opened up to the Squad, and a select few became her friends. She teased and was teased as a normal member of the group. The relationship between Marco and Emilia however, developed beyond such a point. After much wandering about the towns and sharing of meals, Emilia believed that they were truly in love. Of course, nothing in Michael division or Emilia's life went without notice, so her father caught wind of her close relationship with the low-born man, and immediately set about making it abundantly clear to her that it wasn't to happen. That although she wasn't promised to anyone, that it most certainly wouldn't be a commoner. Believing her father to be a hypocrite and a tyrant, her first rebellious act was to keep seeing Marco, but not obviously. Once more, her happiness was shattered. Marco, who was in reality, a Cretin and a gold digger, was overheard to be only pursuing her for her status and money. When Emilia inevitably confronted him about it and spurned him, he was furious. A day later, when she was alone, Marco attempted to assault Emilia. The brief fight didn't last long, and Marco died at the end of her blade, once more crushing what little faith Emilia had in her fortunes. Shortly after, a seated officer in the Michael division introduced himself to her as her "guardian," or as Emilia would call it, "bodyguard spy". From then on, Matthis St. Andre was to be her shadow, from a long line of people loyal to her house, but subject only to her father's orders, and not her own.

Ons: Foreplay, Oral, Anal, Spanking, Deep-throating, Flexibility play, Dirty-talk, the rough stuff. Anything you like aside from the offs.

Offs: Scat, vore, watersports

Batman4560

Mysterica

Name: Catelyn Quinn
Squad: Raphael Division

Physical description: Catelyn is a fairly short young woman with light red hair falling down to her lower back.  She has a soft gentle face with innocent looking eyes.  She has a figure that would draw many people's eyes were it not for the fact that she keeps her upper body covered in plate armor despite the fact that as a member of the Raphael division her duties involve little more than the defense of the lands, most of which are only minor projects that Throne's can take care of.  Despite her shyness and desire to cover herself from prying eyes however, she does not wear armor on her lower body.  She tried many different coverings between plate leggings, to long skirts, to tights to keep the lustful stares away from her, but in the end the issue of mobility won over her need to hide her body away from the world and she settled on a short skirt and long leather boots.

Personality: Catelyn, determined as she may be to continue to grow strong, has never been able to strengthen her personality.  She finds it very difficult not only to open up to new people, but even at some points even to say more than a few words to them.  Awkward in social situations, Catelyn tends to just keep to herself even in groups of just more than five only answering questions when directly asked or when it is vital that she speak up.  Until she is exceedingly comfortable with someone people tend to think of her as a very quiet person, but oh are they wrong.  Around people she likes she can be quite the chatterbox indeed.  Quick with a joke and loving to hear and share the latest gossip, Catelyn's few friends she has made she would give her life to protect and most would do the same for her if need be.

Zanpakuto: Cecily

Release phrase: "Slice in twain, Cecily"

Sealed form: The sealed form of Catelyn's sword is a side sword with a decorative hilt more in the style of a true rapier.

Released: When released, Cecily grows both in length and width until she holds a beautiful glowing longsword with a Star of David pommel.  With her sword released, Catelyn is capable of creating a perfect copy of herself.  The clone is solid and capable of attacking her opponent.  When destroyed the clone disappears in a blinding flash of light.

Background: Catelyn can't remember much beyond the time when she woke up in Soul Society.  She found herself in the middle of an unfamiliar place surrounded by unfamiliar people claiming that they were to be her new family.  The strangest thing though, she found that no matter how long she went without eating she wasn't hungry... at least for the first year there.  Almost on the exact day that she had been there for a year she began to feel a bit peckish.

The hunger grew on through the day, and by the next morning it was almost unbearable.  She stayed where she was for almost a week before she found that she would have to move away where food was more plentiful and easier to sneak away.  Soon she found herself sleeping on the streets in the city proper.  It wasn't long that she was there that it was noticed that she was stealing food and was soon brought to the academy.  She was explained that the fact that she grew hungry meant she had the potential to become an Angel for the Angel Guard.  If she managed that she would never have to steal food again.  What's more she could learn how to grow stronger and help the world of the living as well as those in the new family she had abandoned.  With that she dedicated her life to learning how to control her new powers until she found herself as a Cherubim ranked officer in the Raphael Division of the Angel Guard.

Ons: Foreplay, dirty talk, bondage, most of what isn't in the offs

Offs: Toilet play, males, blood play, vore

ShadowFox89

Age doesn't really come into play, but your character should look like an adult at least.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

He is actually going to look a bit older, can I explain this as he died at the age he looks now?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

So, in regards to character origin, are the 13 noble houses off limits, or should I just make her a noble, aside from the 13?

ShadowFox89

You can make her from one of the 13 houses, and the more detail you give on the house the better. One thing to keep in mind is that arranged marriages are in full effect, though each house has a preference for whom exactly the marriages are arranged towards (one might only marry off to other houses, one to other houses and the squads, etc). It keeps inbreeding down.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Batman4560

Quote from: Vaulera on June 23, 2013, 10:22:17 PM
So, in regards to character origin, are the 13 noble houses off limits, or should I just make her a noble, aside from the 13?
My character being a Paladin would be french, would you like to make the two from the same house?

Avalon29

If you're still accepting I'd be interested in joining.

I was thinking of making a character similar to heroes of Celtic myth and legend like Lugh and Cú Chulainn

ShadowFox89

I think I'm going to close it off at there, then. Depends on how many people get their outlines in...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Avalon29

Great, I'll get an outline up later today then after I get some sleep.

Vaulera

Sure! I'm fine with being from the same house. It's the house of Valois, and I'm thinking they are some sort of prestigious house that enters the Michael division exclusively. Nothing specific so far, so we should PM and decide what the house is like.

ShadowFox89

Please include me in the PM so I can stay in the loop.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

RedFangedWerehawk

Name: Pankratios "Pan" Milas
Squad: Michael Division

Physical description: One of the rarer of the blond haired Greeks, Pankratios stands at an average height of 5' 7" with grey-blue eyes and olive toned skin. His hair drops down to about chin length when it is wet or weighted down. He generally does little to style or control his hair aside from keeping it out of his face, so it often looks messy or unkempt. He has a slim build that is buffed out with a light chest plate that he wears over his tabard paired with simple greaves while on missions. He keeps his arms clear of any armor. He models his casual attire after what he thinks looks interesting during his trips to the World of the Living. He currently wears loose blue pants and a white button down shirt when not in uniform.

Personality: On a first impression, Pankratios comes across as distant and disinterested. When he is not in combat he is usually deep in thought or reflection. Some have even described him as 'asleep' when not on duty. He is more than happy to speak his mind, but only to those that ask him to. In combat, he is much more 'awake.'

With his life on the line he is much more reckless and aggressive, taking advantage of his speed to move in quickly and take out any enemies. His fighting style makes it hard for him to fight around other Shinigami, which has left him with jeers and disapproval amongst some of the Michael Division that were or nearly injured because of him.

Zanpakuto: Féta tou Chrónou

"Rend! Féta tou Chrónou!"

Sealed - In it's sealed state, Féta tou Chrónou looks like an ordinary Longsword. The blade is a bit thicker and heavier, but much duller than the average Zanpakuto.

Released - In Féta tou Chrónou's released state, the sword transforms into a pair of elbow length metal gauntlets. Embedded in each gauntlet is a dagger that sticks out 11 inches from Pankratios' knuckles. Each dagger can be launched from the gauntlet at will. Once a dagger is launched, Pankratios can move at a speed faster than flash step (known as a 'rend attack') to the point of the dagger, cutting anything between the two. His movement is limited to once per dagger until both are recovered and returned to their gauntlets. His trajectory during the 'rend attack' can vary by up to 15 degrees from the trajectory of the dagger.

Background: Pankratios, or "Pan" as many call him, is relatively well known around the Soul Society whether it be for better or worse. He has served the Michael Division for many decades, quickly becoming skilled on the battle field. He was on his way to becoming a rising star with his careful and calculated attacks and his ability to effectively coordinate with the rest of his squad to take down Hollows before they could cause any trouble.

There was one mission, however, where that changed. It was a particularly cloudy night during a mission in the World of the Living. Pankratios and a very dear friend of his were on patrol in a small town in Finland. It was an opportunity for them to have a nice romantic working vacation after falling in love in the Soul Society. Sitting on a hillside looking over the sleepy village, they sat in each other's arms. A few Hollows attacked the village that evening and the couple responded. Overconfident, Pankratios taunted the Hollows and carelessly toyed with them. Little did he know, there was a reason two Soul Reapers were sent to the tiny village, an Adjuchas rank Hollow was detected not a day earlier.

With his back wide open, the Adjuchas leaped from the shadows going in for the kill. It was all his beloved could do to move in the way and intercept the blow with her body. The sight of his best friend and lover sacrificing herself to protect him was too much for the Soul Reaper to bear. The sight of her with a hole in her chest etched in his mind forever. This was all because of his arrogance. Here he thought he was invincible and life was good, but his world shattered right before his eyes. From that point on, he has troubling remembering what happened. All that he knew is that he is still alive, and she is dead. He vowed never to be careless in battle after that point.

Weeks on end after his initial recovery from the event he quickly became consumed with guilt and his personality shifted to the more withdrawn Pankratios that is now known across the Soul Society today.

Ons: Taunting, teasing, dirty-talk, power play (really, anything not in Offs)

Offs: Scat, watersports, vomit, mutilation, extreme violence, bestiality, hard vore, males

Avalon29

Name: Conall McClellan
Squad: Raphael

Physical description: A raven haired man of Celtic descent Conall stands at about 5’ 7” tall with brown eyes and pale skin. Conall has a slim and toned build of a runner or a swimmer and when on duty he typically wears either reinforced leather armor or chain mail over his tabard as he dislikes being slowed down by heavier armor with gauntlets to protect his hands and forearms. Outside of combat he usually wears brown loose fitting trousers and dark green shirt or anything that he feels won’t restrict his movement.

Personality: Conall has never been the most refined person in the world. He’s straight forward and short tempered when it comes to those questioning his honor or his background. He’s not someone one would want to invite to any formal parties. He’s far more comfortable outside or with the common folk where no one really cares if he speaks his mind rather than hiding his meaning beneath fancy words and lies.

In combat he has a tendency to lose himself to battle frenzy and is always able to find enjoyment when he fights a strong opponent. Despite his enjoyment of a good fight, what really defines him is his willingness to defend those close to him. He puts theirs and others safety above his own and even if it’s foolish he’ll charge in without thinking.

Zanpakuto: Faolchú

Seilg Faolchú

Unreleased: Unreleased, Conall’s Zanpakuto takes the form of an Irish ring sword. It has a blade length of 37 inches with a width slightly greater than which tapers to a fine point giving it some thrusting power but the blade’s design leaves better for cutting. The hilt is long enough to be held in both hands and has a simple leather wrap with a simple cross guard. The only real distinctive feature of the blade is its pommel, a ring slightly wider than a circle with the sword’s tang running through it that’s capped off at the end of the pommel.

Released: When released his zanpukto changes into a long spear. The shaft of the spear is black, eight feet long, and etched with Celtic runes encircling the shaft. The spearhead is 14 inches long with a wavy pattern allowing it to easily slide into the opponents. The edges of the blade are sharp enough to cut but its main use is for thrusting. In its released form Conall’s zanpakuto has the ability to release seismic waves upon impact dramatically increasing the force of his blows. The seismic waves have a myriad of other uses. It can be used to do things like create small earthquakes to unbalance opponents or focused to generate a wave of earth and stone to fire at his opponent.

Background: Before Conall joined WESS he lived in one of the lower districts with his sister Caitlin. There he took on the responsibility of taking care of his younger sister. That meant doing whatever he could to keep her safe and when the siblings started to get hungry that meant doing what he had to in order to feed them. He raided several smaller gangs that terrorized various districts taking whatever money and food they had stolen to feed him and his sister. His actions also had the beneficial side effect of earning him the praise of some of the populace. It was this that initially drew the interest of WESS but he wasn't brought to the academy until after trying to take on a group of shinigami recruits in search for food that he and his sister had the potential to become shinigami themselves.

In the academy Conall knew that some of the others would look down on him and his sister due to being from one of the poorer districts. He and his sister had struggle and he wouldn't stand for those who looked down on them to insult either him or his sister. Whenever he thought that someone was insulting them he wouldn't hesitate to start a fight. In the end both he and his sister graduated. He made the surprising move of joining the Raphael division while his sister ended up being a part of the Gabriel division.

Ons: He’s up for just about anything that’s not in the offs.

Offs: scat, watersports vomit

Batman4560

Name: Matthis St. Andre

Squad: Micheal

Physical description: An older gentleman of French descent. Matthis stands at 6'4" tall with dark blue eyes and tan skin. He has slightly grey hair that he attributes to his years of stress from hunting the enemies of his former masters. He dresses in a set of full plate armor that oddly does little to restrict his movements. The armor itself is a layer of chainmail, followed by large metal plates that are white with red trim and crosses in them. His head is left exposed and a cape hangs off his shoulders. Outside of combat he wears robes that match the color of his armor but still wears the light chain mail.

Personality: Matthis is loyal to whatever master he serves and views himself as a champion of the people. If while serving a master he finds something to be a-miss, Matthis will directly confront the situation and express his concern. A true gentleman Matthis will be hesitant to attack a woman even when his life is on the line. Socially Matthis is friendly but does not drink or take any mind altering drugs as he always wants to be able to react should something happen. 

Zanpakuto:

sainte-léger (Long sword-Holy Light), and sainte-feu (short sword-Holy Fire)

Release command- Burn Bright-sainte-léger, sainte-feu

Sealed:

Sainte-léger, is 36 inches long and made for sundering an opponents weapon. The tip is made for stabbing and the blade itself is ideal for leaving a gaping wound. Sainte-feu, is a 28 inch long blade made for getting into armor and bone. The base of the blade is serrated up until about half way up where it is razor sharp. The tip is clearly made for digging into metal and flesh. The hilt of both swords look like crosses but vary in size, the first allowing for two hands if needed while the second has just enough room for one hand.

Released:

In their released forms léger glows a bright white light and emits a faint humming sound. The blade gains multiple effects in this state one(disparaître) that shrouds the area in a bright light and makes Matthis invisible for thirty seconds. The second ability(décevoir) is to bend light and form illusions around his opponent that are visual only. The third changes his sword to pure light and allows him to use a ranged attack of pure light, however it takes time to charge so Matthis tends to use the illusion trick before charging the blade itself.
Feu glows a dim red and emits a great amount of heat. When the blade strikes something fire flows from the blade for a moment leaving slight burns.

Background: While not a direct member of any of the noble houses Matthis comes from a long line of Paladin's that served as the protectors to the noble families. As such he has always been treated with a level of respect within WESS. He was raised to be an adviser and guard. Matthis has always worked to uphold justice and the law of his masters. Now he works as Emilia's guard and protector under her fathers orders and does his best to guide her on her way.

Ons: willing to try anything once unless listed in the offs

Offs: receiving anal, anything that belongs in the bathroom

Vaulera

I apologize if i've been erratic recently, but i'm on a little trip with my family, I will be back by saturday afternoon likely, if not, saturday night! I'll have my background much more solidly done, including the house. My apologies for the delays, mr GM, mr Batman. Also, awesome choice of weapon Avalon. I'm half celtic myself, and it does my heart good to see a Lancea.

Batman4560

Not a problem, I inserted master for the term house until you get back and we can talk about that more. :)

Vaulera

Got the history done, sorry for the delays, but I think I did well. If there are any issues, please don't hesitate to inform me!

Vaulera

Let's keep this one alive, would hate to see it go just because of some inactivity!

Batman4560

Mysterica

Yeah.  I've been telling Shadow when we chat on IM.

ShadowFox89

Okay, since everyone who appears to be interested has a character finished, on to character creation. We appear to be all Michael/Raphael division, so this is going to be a bit like CSI/NCIS: Soul Society Edition.

Full Character Sheet (separate from your description/writeup, that's fluff and this is mechanics)

[b]Name[/b]:
[b]High Concept[/b]:
[b]Trouble[/b]:
[b]Refresh[/b]:
[b]Fate Points[/b]:

[u][b]Approaches[/b][/u]:
[b]Careful[/b]:
[b]Clever[/b]:
[b]Flashy[/b]:
[b]Forceful[/b]:
[b]Quick[/b]:
[b]Sneaky[/b]:

[b]Stunts[/b]: With Zanpakuto Released (+2)
[b]Aspects[/b]:

[b]Stress[/b]: [ ][ ][ ]
[b]Consequences[/b]:
[b]Mild (2)[/b]:
[b]Moderate (4)[/b]:
[b]Severe (6)[/b]:

The starting stunt is for free, you can get up to three more. If you need help with a character, I'll do what I can.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

Okay, so here is where I'm going to need to leech some help off of my fellows. I am experienced with D&D and the like, but I've never played fate. I have the rulebooks, but I may need some coddling for this creation step!

Batman4560

Oh good, I don't even have the books so I am happy to know that I am not alone in this.

Vaulera

Ah, don't we need to describe how all of our characters have met? Also, is the premise for some sort of special squad or shall that be decided as we enter the game?

ShadowFox89

Well since we seem aimed towards a more CSI style with a mix of ass kicking, action, and investigation....

All over the Soul Society, spirits have been going missing. For the past month, over a hundred souls have vanished. It has been limited to the poorer districts, for the most part, so no fuss had been made. But in the last two days, spirits in of of House Bourbon's estates on the border with Albion (England's Soul society) have gone missing. In response, Roseille d'Bourbon has formed a Special Investigation Division to find out just what is going on.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

Okay, so for the reason we met, we say we formed a task force to investigate and deal with the missing souls. Shall we convene and decide how our characters are connected, for example, the opinions our characters hold?

ShadowFox89

Goofed up a slight bit on the sheet, forgot Aspects.

For a character, you only need to worry about:
A High Concept
QuoteFirst, decide on your character’s high concept. This is a single phrase or
sentence that neatly sums up your character, saying who you are, what you
do, what your “deal” is. When you think about your high concept, try to
think of two things: how this aspect could help you, and how it might make
things harder for you. Good high concept aspects do both.

A Trouble
QuoteNext, decide on the thing that always gets you into trouble. It could be a
personal weakness, or a recurring enemy, or an important obligation—anything
that makes your life complicated.

Another Aspect
QuoteNow compose another aspect. Think of something really important or
interesting about your character. Are they the strongest person in their
hometown? Do they carry a mighty sword known through history? Do they
talk too much? Are they filthy rich?

Figure out your six approaches. Each approach is rated with a bonus. Choose one at Good (+3), two at Fair (+2), two at Average (+1), and one at Mediocre (+0). There are some example setups in the section.

I THINK that is it, for now. I'm sorry I'm so bad at explaining this, I'm a really crappy teacher :/
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mysterica

Name: Catelyn Quinn
High Concept: Defender of Soul Society
Trouble: Extreme Clumsiness
Refresh: 3
Fate Points:

Approaches: Shy Mage
Careful: +1
Clever: +3
Flashy: +1
Forceful: +2
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +0

Stunts: Because Cecily makes a visual clone of Catelyn, she gains a +2 to forceful when released due to the distraction.
Aspects:Rosielle d'Bourbon's Favorite test subject
Magic Expert

Stress: [ ][ ][ ]
Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

Batman4560

Can I ask how you did that? I have on idea what Im doing with the fate system or where I can find it.

ShadowFox89

http://www.faterpg.com/

edit: it would be worth it to take a loot at Fate Core as well. That has examples of play, more explanations on how things work, etc. FAE is designed as a quick read.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Mysterica

How I did what?  I just put in my basic concepts where indicated, and followed instructions about the plusses.  At any rate, the pdf is available here.  http://www.faterpg.com/  It is fate accelerated.

Batman4560

Thanks guys. Let me know if anything is wrong please.

Name: Matthis St. Andre
High Concept: Servent of justice.
Trouble: Must protect and guide Emilia Valois at all costs.
Fate Points:

Approaches: The Guardian
Careful: +3
Clever: +2
Flashy: +0
Forceful: +2
Quick: +1
Sneaky: +1

Stunts: Because I am sworn to protect, I get a +2 when I carefully use décevoir to hide my allies.
Aspects: Sworn defender of Emilia Valois. Bound by honor.

Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

RedFangedWerehawk

Name: Pankratios "Pan" Milas
High Concept: Silent but Deadly Reckless Redeemer
Trouble: Difficult to fight alongside

Fate Points:

Approaches: Reckless Assassin
Careful: +0
Cleaver: +2
Flashy: +1
Forceful: +1
Quick: +3
Sneaky: +2

Stunt 1: Because of Féta tou Chrónou's Time/Space manipulation abilities, Pankratios gets a +2 to Quick when using his 'rend attack' technique.

Stunt 2: Because he loathes showboating and enemies that toy with their opponents, Pankratios gets a +2 to Forceful when attacking an enemy that is showing off.

Aspects Chasing his foggy past

Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

----------------------------------------

The FATE Accelerated PDF says that we can take up to three stunts without penalty. If I am mistaken let me know what I have to do in order to keep my second one.

Avalon29

Name: Conall McClellan
High Concept: Hot-Blooded Protector
Trouble: Hated by certain nobles
Fate Points: 3

Approaches: Dogged fighter
Careful:+1
Clever: +1
Flashy: +2
Forceful: +3
Quick: +2
Sneaky: +0

Stunts: Because I can create seismic waves upon impact, I get a  + 2 to forceful when Faolchú is released and my opponent tries to block the technique directly.

Because I can create a minor earthquake, I get a +2 to flashy when I create an advantage when Faolchú is released and my opponents are performing high speed maneuvers.

Aspects: Has a reputation with the poorer districts in WESS,
Devoted brother,

Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

I have two stunts and FATE Accelerated says I can get up to three for free but if I need to I'll lower my refresh by one.

Vaulera

Name: Emilia Valois
High Concept: Last Scion of the Valois Elite
Trouble: Broken Trust
Fate Points: 3

Approaches:
Careful: 1
Clever: 2
Flashy: 0
Forceful:1
Quick: 2
Sneaky: 3

Stunts:

Stunt One: Because I can fire off bolts quick bolts of lightning, I get +2 to forceful when the opponent isn't expecting it.

Stunt Two:  Because I have snuck out into soul society for years, I get +2 to sneaky when slipping away unnoticed.

Aspects: Stubborn as a bull, Delicate as a flower

Consequences:
Mild (2):
Moderate (4):
Severe (6):

Not entirely sure how well I did, and tried to fit her approaches to match her personality as well was something we were missing. Very small and light girl would be not too bad at sneaking, is the rationale.

Mysterica

Yeah.  Catelyn probably would have higher sneak... were it not for her clumsiness..

Vaulera

Haha. I suppose I'm going to take the rather aloof approach, but with a "whatever it takes to complete the objective" attitude.

Batman4560

I will do my best to guide you then ^

Vaulera

Mysterica

ShadowFox89

Sorry guys, I'm going to be a bit distracted for the next week (watching my little brothers while my mom and other brother goes to pick up yet another brother from Submarine School in Conn), which means I probably won't be able to get an IC up for another week.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Vaulera

Oh yeah. Something I should have asked about before. How is this going to be executed? Usually for the pen and paper people gather around with dice and paper etc. in several different sessions. I assume we will be doing it on the forums etc. but it seems like it would be strange. A turn order, perhaps?

ShadowFox89

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180624.new#new

OOC is up. I'll be putting up the character thread and a brief IC soon, rather sapped on energy to do much with it right now :/
Call me Shadow
My A/A