[Crimson Summit] Werewolf the Apocalypse; Rage Across Gaia

Started by Aethyrium, September 02, 2018, 05:20:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aethyrium

How long have you been traveling? It really doesn’t matter, you know that you need to be here. The wind told you. Or was it the brook? Could have been that hare in the field. Where ever you came from, now you’re here in California. An hour east of Bishop, you find yourself in the Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest of the White Mountains, home to the oldest living trees recorded on earth. A millennium older than the Giant Sequoia trees in the nearby Sierra, many are well over 2,000 years old and the Methuselah tree in Schulman Grove is dated at more than 4,773 years old. These trees were young and growing at the time stone axes were being used in Europe, the Great Pyramid of Khufu was being built, and cuneiform clay tablets were being used in northern Syria. The stories they could tell…

As you started your journey into the mountains you were surrounded by desert, but soon as you climbed upwards the elevation changed the environment and you were in a Pinyon-Juniper woodland. You hiked through that until eventually entering the realm of the Ancient Bristlecone Pines. Over 9,000 feet up, you started to see the trees springing up on outcrops of dolomite. You gaze at the twisted trunks and weathered bark of the Bristlecone Pines, and you realize that you are looking at something that has been growing for almost 5 millennium. To try and imagine the time when one of these gnarled ancients was just a seedling is unfathomable. It is ancient even among ancients, and for a brief moment all of life is put into perspective for you. This is truly the glory of Gaia. This is what you fight to protect. But could you truly have been brought all this way just to learn this lesson? The wind that caresses your cheek guides your gaze to the ridge just ahead of you…

The sun set hours ago. As you ascend what you feel to be the final peak of your journey you gaze into the vast cosmos above. The endlessness of it all makes you dizzy, and you feel small. Tiny. The Lambent Lady is Gibbous, and bathed in her brilliance every story of your people that you have ever heard floods your mind. The weight of the deeds of those who came before you crushes you, making every step a contest of mind over matter. Though your mind screams, it is quieter here than you have ever experienced. In that quiet stillness you can feel the hand of Gaia on your back, giving you the strength to crest this apex. You are not alone in carrying this burden, you alone do not defend Gaia, you are but one of her claws, one of her fangs. You are Garou. Your eyes adjust to the change in light as you stand victorious over what should have been a simple climb. You peer down into the shallow valley below and confirmation of not being alone swells in your still heaving chest. A roaring fire crackles in a well prepared pit of earth and stone. Surrounding it are two dozen or more others, all of them Garou, you can feel it. You’ve arrived…

You carefully slide down the slope, stumbling for a moment when you arrive at mostly level ground. As you move to take your place in this makeshift moot, you pass a group of three,w waggling cellular devices at one another and complaining about a lack of wifi. Glass Walkers no doubt. One small woman stands out to you, away from the rest of the crowd. She’s sitting at the base of the only Pine in the area, a Silent Strider perhaps. As you scan the area you take notice that all twelve tribes seem to be represented in this gathering. Why have so many been summoned here, and what is your role in all of this? You move around others to find somewhere to rest from your journey while waiting for answers to become apparent…

The last of you has arrived, it is time.

The voice is distant but so strong that it feels near. The hushed mutterings of those around you go silent and the collective turns its attention to the dancing blaze. It’s orange light flickers and for one glorious moment the whole mass of it goes blue before receding into no more than a gently flickering campfire. Out beyond the edge of the fire a man stood silhouetted by the falling sky light. He stepped forward, cane cracking against a rock before pushing it aside and sinking into the dirt. Step by step he approached the gathering until he was fully illuminated by the fire.

You felt it when you made your way here, didn’t you? The pain? The overwhelming need to protect her? I’m talking about the Mother Goddess of course, but if you didn’t know that already you wouldn’t be here. She’s in danger, but that isn’t news to any of us. Well I’m here to tell you that it’s worse than you know, worse than any of us knew. Who am I? My name is August Beckett, and you haven’t earned the right to know any more than that.

Not yet, at least.

Yes, I can see it in some of your eyes. You are questioning why you’re here, why you should be listening to me. You’re young, I don’t blame you for your doubts and lack of respect. The truth is, you’re not the ones I’m here for. If you’re already questioning things… leave. Go home, return to your life as it was. Reflect on the journey that brought you here and find some meaning in it, but you’re place is not here.

Silence and stillness followed his decree. Slowly a handful of the gathered Garou began to break away from the gathering, some in small groups, others fanning out and walking into the darkness of the night as they’d been instructed. Less than two dozen remained by the time all the doubters had removed themselves.

August Beckett
I’m going to be honest with the rest of you. Most of you aren’t cut out to be here either. I mean no insult, but only a handful of you have what I need. I can’t tell you what it is, because I don’t know. But we’ll know soon.

Times have changed. We have hidden for so long, protected the world from our lands. But our lands are diminishing. Humanity is spreading and we can not stop it. Worse, though, is that they are starting to realize that they are not alone. Perhaps the frantic skittering of the Weaver has finally reached their ears. We face threats not only from what they do the world as they grow, but now from them directly. Agencies, few for now, but still present, are emerging to hunt our kind. Yes, others as well, they deal blows to leeches, but make no mistake they are not our friends, we are not safe from their crusade. A new breed of hunter has emerged, and they are a threat to all things inhuman.

Then there are the leeches. They wriggle in the dirt, slow to adapt to humanity, but they are very skilled at lurking in the shadows and manipulating the feeble minds of their food. They are damaged, but they are not broken. As we should know well, it is when cornered that a predator is most dangerous.

We’ve long known of mages and their disrespect to Gaia and the Wyld, but only in the recent years are we feeling the repercussions of their hamfisted manipulations. Our kind is dwindling, there are fewer of us than ever. The nation is weak, and our enemies are plentiful. The agents of the Wyrm claw boldly at the fraying edges of world, and the crazed antics of the Weaver caused more fraying.

Each of you has a choice to make as you go forward. For many the choice will be made for you. If you wish to proceed, you must be judged by flame. Reach into the pit and take from it a burning coal. If burst with blue flame, you have passed. If you succumb to the pain, or it burns out, you are not who I am after. Know that there is no shame in backing out now, or before you must take a coal. You will know better than any if this is a path you can walk.

You watch as the first of the group stands boldly and reaches for the pit. He snatches fire into his hand with a howl to Luna. Nothing happens, and when he opens his palm nothing but ash flies out. Two more go, only to be disqualified in the same manner. You watch a fourth step walk away without taking the test, leaving with the first three. Then comes the fifth, who reaches in and clutches a coal. Their hand erupts in blue flame, but they don’t shriek with pain. They marvel at it until it burns away, before being beckoned closer to August…

More go, and soon you find yourself ready to undergo this test. You did not come all this way simply to walk away on your own, you have to know what all of this is about. You step forward and steel yourself for the pain. You reach down and scoop a coal into your hand. It sears your flesh, and like all before you, you wince. But the pain stops, and for a moment you fear that you have been eliminated. Your fingers spread to look at ash, but as they open a burst of blue flame swallows your hand whole and a great tension leaves you body. When the flame fades you take your place with the others…

Before long only those of blue fire remain. You look around at the others and realize that you stand among a pack that is now bonded together, forged by literal flames...

Aethyrium

Welcome!
Hello and welcome writers and friends alike!

Crimson Summit is a Werewolf the Apocalypse game set in 2018. The Apocalypse hasn't happened, but it looms ever threatening on the not so distant horizon. This game will explore the relationships of the new Crimson Summit pack, a group of new (more or less) werewolves that have been brought together to fight the enemies of Gaia. The game will alternate between sandbox for players to explore the world and their characters, as well as guided stories presented and run by me. Such stories will have lasting impact on the world, which will create an evolving story that you help build. The actions of the pack could very well shape the future of the Garou nation and steer it away, or closer, to the impending Apocalypse. Characters will be confronted will all sorts of the supernatural, including Vampires, Mages, Spirits, and other changing breeds. The game will feature combat, but equal parts exploration and social, so that a character from any walk of life or specialization will have time to shine. This game will touch on Garou and human politics, religion, and the nature of good and evil, right and wrong.

As this game takes place in the world of darkness it will be placed in the extreme board. Things could get rough out there, but as a storyteller I will work with players to make sure their limits are respected personally; however these elements are present in the world and can not be avoided to some extent.

Questions & Answers
1. Is this a system game?
Only in the sense that it utilizes the system to create characters and for marked improvement / growth of those characters. Players will never be required to roll dice. *The Storyteller may use dice off screen to facilitate the random nature of some features in the game and give it a more "living" feel, but you'll never interact with those numbers directly.

2. I am unfamiliar with the source material and do not have access to the canon lore, can I still play?
Yes, absolutely. Beyond the basic premise of the game (Werewolves defend the world from threats) this game will not utilize much of the canon lore, and any information you do need will be presented as it is required. If you wish for additional details about a non-essential element I can help you find or provide it on request. Most of this information is already available in the world building thread.

3. I don't have access to the system to create a character, can I still play?
Yes. Everything needed to build your werewolf is contained in the games world building thread.

4. I am extremely familiar with the source material and would like to do something that is covered in a splat book, or utilize some more advanced concepts, can this be done?
Subject to approval, please message me directly with your inquiry. *I will not be accepting non-Garou characters (Hengeyoki, or other changing breeds), this story is for Garou.

5. Looking over gifts, or some of the world building information I see numbers like +1, +2 or +3 difficulty, and words like "slightly" and "greatly", how do these translate to game play?
I have taken care to use words in places they should be. For the purposes of the game, "slightly" means +1, "greatly" means +2, "substantially" means +3, and "dramatically" means +4 or more (any of these can also mean -1/-2/-3/-4 respectively).

6. How many characters will participate in the game?
Somewhere between 5-9, including my character (listed as the sample below). So I will be accepting between 4 and 8 players, with a general goal of 6 in mind. Because of this the game will not be first come first serve, I will select the characters from the pool of submissions that I feel will produce the best narrative.

7. Can characters die? What happens if I leave the game?
Characters can absolutely die, and if they do you will be allowed to make a new character if you so desire that will be worked into the current story. We will address "catch up mechanics" as needed. If you leave the game for whatever reason, the storyteller reserves the right to utilize your character in whatever way they see fit within the game world.

8. What are the posting requirements for the game?
You must post enough for other players and the storyteller to work with for their own posts, but no firm word count or size will be enforced. Posts should be in the third person. Posting frequency will be determined by the scene and those involved. When it comes to storyteller lead sections of the game, I will be striving to make one ST (GM) post every 4 days; if you are unable to post for multiple (3 or more) cycles in a row, we'll talk.

9. Will recruitment ever reopen?
If there is a need and we lose players, we will attempt to fill those vacancies yes.

10. How will duplicate breeds/auspices/tribes be handled?
It is my hope that the pack will contain at least one of each Auspice, but preferably no more than two of either (with the exception of perhaps Ahroun). I will not be looking to limit Breed in general, however I would like the pack to contain no more than two Metis, and ideally only one. Tribes are wide open, and while I would like to see a nice spread this is not a concern; with the exception of Silent Striders, given their penchant for being so lone wolf, and the fact that the game will already feature one, I will be selective (but not opposed) about additional strider concepts.

Character Submission
Step 1: Fill out the "Concept Submission" code and send it directly to me in a private message for review. From there we'll discuss anything that stands out. Eventually you will be given approval to continue on to the full character sheet. If you have multiple concepts you would like to submit, please send each of them to me separately. Each concept must have a full concept submission, and sheet. *It is very important that if you submit multiple characters that you want to play all of them roughly equally, as in the end I will accept characters not players, which means if you submit two, I might pick (B) instead of (A). Please limit yourself to at maximum three concept submissions. You may lay Face Claims in the recruitment thread at any point.

Step 2: Proceed with character creation on the full sheet. You can follow the standard path detailed in the Werewolf the Apocalypse (Revised) core book, or jump into the world building thread and follow it through each step. A break down follows:

• Step 1: Choose character concept, two or three words that describe your character: "gothic punk rocker", "stalwart defender", "aggressive champion", "mistrusting soldier".
  • Step 2: Choose your breed
    • Homid. (born as a human)
    • Metis. (born as a 'traditional werewolf', inbred)
    • Lupus. (born as a wolf)
  • Step 3: Choose auspice (phase of the moon you were born under)
    • Ragabash. New Moon, the Trickster.
    • Theurge. Crescent Moon, the Seer.
    • Philodox. Half Moon, the Mediator.
    • Galliard. Gibbous Moon, the Moon Dancer.
    • Ahroun. Full Moon, the Warrior.
  • Step 4: Choose tribe. (see world building thread for details)
  • Step 5: Prioritize your Attributes (Physical/Social/Mental), your primary gets 7 dots, secondary gets 5, tertiary gets 3.
  • Step 6: Prioritize your Abilities (Talents/Skills/Knowledges), your primary gets 13 dots, secondary gets 9, tertiary gets 5.
  • Step 7: Choose Backgrounds, you get 5 dots to spend how you want (check tribe restrictions).
  • Step 8: Choose Gifts (you may select one from each you Breed, Auspice and Tribe).
  • Step 9: Fill in your Renown (as dictated by your auspice, in the renown section of the world building thread).
  • Step 10: Fill in Rage (as dictated by your auspice).
  • Step 11: Fill in your Gnosis (as dictated by your breed).
  • Step 12: Fill in your Willpower (as dictated by your tribe).
  • Step 13: Fill out any remaining details on the sheet.

You will not spend Freebie Points at this stage

Step 3: Once approved to this stage you will be given Freebie Points (and maybe some extras, hint hint!) to spend and further develop your character. We will touch on any further questions and flesh out anything remaining about your character. I may have hook questions at this point that I will need answered for future game use. At this point you will be waiting until recruitment has closed to go any further.

Step 4: I will make my final decisions for characters and PMs will be sent out everyone, letting them know if their character has been invited to the pack or not. At this point the game will begin.

Concept Submission

[b]Name:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Deed Name:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Breed:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Auspice:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Tribe:[/b] [i][/i]

[b]Primary Attribute Category:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Primary Ability Category:[/b] [i][/i]

[b]Pre-Rite of Passage Synopsis:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Rite of Passage Synopsis:[/b] [i][/i]
[b]Post-Rite of Passage Synopsis:[/b] [i][/i]

[b]Long-Term Personal Goal:[/b] [i][/i]

[b]Why do [i]they[/i] think they were summoned for Crimson Summit Pack (What makes them unique, what do they bring that no one else does?):[/b] [i][/i]

Name: What is your character's name? If Lupus, have they adopted a homid name?
Deed Name: What was the name given to them during their rite of passage? If Lupus, is this what they go by in day-to-day life?
Breed: Which breed are they?
Auspice: Which auspice are they?
Tribe: To which tribe do they belong?

Primary Attribute Category: Which of the three (Physical/Social/Mental) attribute categories will this character primarily focus?
Primary Ability Category: Which of the three (Talents/Skills/Knowledges) ability categories will this character primarily focus?

Pre-Rite of Passage Synopsis: What was life like before their first change and subsequent rite of passage? No more than a long paragraph or two is needed at this stage.
Rite of Passage Synopsis: What did they do in their rite of passage? Please include why they were given the deed name that they were given. No more than a long paragraph or two is needed at this stage.
Post-Rite of Passage Synopsis: What have they been up to since their rite of passage? No more than a long paragraph or two is needed at this stage.

Long-Term Personal Goal: As an individual what are they wanting to achieve? What is their personal ambition, desire, or driving fire?

Why do they think they were summoned for Crimson Summit Pack (What makes them unique, what do they bring that no one else does?): Explain what sets them apart, why they should be chosen for the pack. This can be personality, quirks, or anything that you feel makes them a good candidate to save the Mother Goddess.

Example of Completed Concept

Name: Brooke Wolfe
Deed Name: Cries-Beneath-the-Brooks-Babble
Breed: Lupus
Auspice: Theurge (Waning)
Tribe: Silent Strider

Primary Attribute Category: Mental
Primary Ability Category: Knowledges

Pre-Rite of Passage Synopsis: As a wolf, Brooke ran free an arctic grey wolf in tundras of Nanavut, Canada. Her kin were considered endangered, but none could have known how true that was for. Laying with the pack that she had claimed as her own, beneath the Northern Lights, Brooke underwent her first change. It was only because of the combined efforts of that pack to keep her warm that she survived the night. Naked and clueless she was stumbled on by a wild life ranger who also happened to be a Kinfolk. Taking her in he recognized what she was and brought more qualified aid. Taken in by a sept in the area she was educated on what she was, and shown the way to proceed.
Rite of Passage Synopsis: With a pack that she did not know, Brooke (not yet known by that name) was pushed into the umbra on a spirit quest. Smaller and weaker, and awkward to boot, she was shunned by her pack who felt they had to carry her through the rite rather than rely on her. The hunt for the object they were after took them deep into the spirit world where each of the cubs was greeted by one of their ancestors... With the sole exception of Brooke. When she went to find her family, none came. She parted from the pack and stepped towards the brook, howling in hope to find them, but when there was no response she shed tears and sobbed just silently enough to be drown out by the river. When the rite was over and they returned to the sept, they were each accepted into their respective clans, and the nameless cub of the canadian tundras was called Cries Beneath the Brooks Babble by the great Owl totem of the silent striders.
Post-Rite of Passage Synopsis: Hurt by what had happened during her rite of passage, Brooke left the sept in hopes to explore the world and find what she could not. Eventually she met another Garou, a homid, who helped her learn more of what it meant to live in the world of man. He 'cleverly' gave her the name Brooke Wolfe to use as her own when in the company of people. Since then she has been journeying the world, looking for clues as to why her ancestors did not appear to her, and why no one was there for her when she under went her first change. She can't truly be alone in this world... Can she?

Long-Term Personal Goal: To discover the fate of her family. Brooke has the blood of legendary Garou in her veins, so it seems unlikely that they would have simply forgotten about her. Her survival is entirely luck. She wants to know why she was forgotten, who forgot her, and why they did so. Uncovering the mystery that is her existance, and that of her family, is paramount to her.

Why do they think they were summoned for Crimson Summit Pack (What makes them unique, what do they bring that no one else does?): In her mind she hopes that her calling here was a clue as to her history, that it was her ancestors that called her to the pack. She believes that through the pack that she might find the clues that she's looking for. History has shown her she is the weakest in the pack and others will not rely on her, and to that end she doesn't believe she offers anything unique to the pack; it is, in her mind, that she needs to pack, not the other way around.

Sheet Submission

Code (Character Sheet) Select

[font=courier][b]Crimson Summit Character Sheet[/b][/font][hr]
[table]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Name:[/td][td][/td]  [td]   [/td]  [td][color=black][b]Breed:[/td][td][/td]  [td]   [/td]  [td][color=black][b]Pack Name[/td][td]Crimson Summit[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Deed Name:[/td][td][/td]  [td]   [/td]  [td][color=black][b]Auspice:[/td][td][/td]  [td]   [/td]  [td][color=black][b]Pack Totem:[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Player:[/td][td][/td]  [td]   [/td]  [td][color=black][b]Tribe:[/td][td][/td]  [td]   [/td]  [td][color=black][b]Concept:[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[/table]

[font=courier][b]Attributes[/b][/font][hr]
[table]
[tr][td][color=black][b][u]Physical[/td][td][/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b][u]Social[/td][td][/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b][u]Mental[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Strength[/td][td]●○○○○[/td] [td][/td]  [td]Charisma[/td][td]●○○○○[/td] [td][/td]  [td]Perception[/td][td]●○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dexterity[/td][td]●○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Manipulation[/td][td]●○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Intelligence[/td][td]●○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stamina[/td][td]●○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Appearance[/td][td]●○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Wits[/td][td]●○○○○[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[font=courier][b]Abilities[/b][/font][hr]
[table]
[tr][td][color=black][b][u]Talents[/td][td][/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b][u]Skills[/td][td][/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b][u]Knowledges[/td][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Alertness[/td][td]○○○○○[/td] [td][/td]  [td]Animal Ken[/td][td]○○○○○[/td] [td][/td]  [td]Computer[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Crafts[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Enigmas[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Drive[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Investigation[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dodge[/td][td]○○○○○[/td] [td][/td]  [td]Etiquette[/td][td]○○○○○[/td] [td][/td]  [td]Law[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Empathy[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Firearms[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Linguistics[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Expression[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Leadership[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Medicine[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intimidation[/td][td]○○○○○[/td] [td][/td]  [td]Melee[/td][td]○○○○○[/td] [td][/td]  [td]Occult[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Primal-Urge[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Performance[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Politics[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Streetwise[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Stealth[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Rituals[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Subterfuge[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Survival[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]Science[/td][td]○○○○○[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[font=courier][b]Advantages[/b][/font][hr]
[table]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Allies[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b]Rage[/td][td]■ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b][u]Gifts[/td][td][color=black][b][u]Rites[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Ancestors[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b]Gnosis[/td][td]■ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]1.[/td][td]1.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Contacts[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b]Willpower[/td][td]■ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]2.[/td][td]2.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Fetish[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b][/td][td][/td]  [td][/td]  [td]3.[/td][td]3.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Kinfolk[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b][/td][td][/td]  [td][/td]  [td]4.[/td][td]4.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Mentor[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b][/td][td][/td]  [td][/td]  [td]5.[/td][td]5.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Pure Breed[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b][/td][td][/td]  [td][/td]  [td]6.[/td][td]6.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Resources[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b]Glory[/td][td]□ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]7.[/td][td]7.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Rites[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b]Honor[/td][td]□ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]8.[/td][td]8.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][color=black][b]Totem[/td][td]○○○○○[/td]  [td][/td]  [td][color=black][b]Wisdom[/td][td]□ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □[/td]  [td][/td]  [td]9.[/td][td]9.[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[font=courier][b]Spark of Life[/b][/font][hr]
[float=left][img padding=10]https://via.placeholder.com/150x200[/img][img padding=10]https://via.placeholder.com/150x200[/img][img padding=10]https://via.placeholder.com/150x200[/img][/float][b]Face Claim:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Pre-Rite of Passage:[/b]
[b]Rite of Passage:[/b]
[b]Post-Rite of Passage:[/b]

[b]Long-Term Personal Goal(s):[/b]

Crimson Summit Character Sheet

Name:   Breed:   Pack NameCrimson Summit
Deed Name:   Auspice:   Pack Totem:
Player:   Tribe:   Concept:

Attributes

PhysicalSocialMental
Strength●○○○○Charisma●○○○○Perception●○○○○
Dexterity●○○○○Manipulation●○○○○Intelligence●○○○○
Stamina●○○○○Appearance●○○○○Wits●○○○○

Abilities

TalentsSkillsKnowledges
Alertness○○○○○Animal Ken○○○○○Computer○○○○○
Athletics○○○○○Crafts○○○○○Enigmas○○○○○
Brawl○○○○○Drive○○○○○Investigation○○○○○
Dodge○○○○○Etiquette○○○○○Law○○○○○
Empathy○○○○○Firearms○○○○○Linguistics○○○○○
Expression○○○○○Leadership○○○○○Medicine○○○○○
Intimidation○○○○○Melee○○○○○Occult○○○○○
Primal-Urge○○○○○Performance○○○○○Politics○○○○○
Streetwise○○○○○Stealth○○○○○Rituals○○○○○
Subterfuge○○○○○Survival○○○○○Science○○○○○

Advantages

Allies○○○○○Rage■ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □GiftsRites
Ancestors○○○○○Gnosis■ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □1.1.
Contacts○○○○○Willpower■ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □2.2.
Fetish○○○○○3.3.
Kinfolk○○○○○4.4.
Mentor○○○○○5.5.
Pure Breed○○○○○6.6.
Resources○○○○○Glory□ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □7.7.
Rites○○○○○Honor□ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □8.8.
Totem○○○○○Wisdom□ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □9.9.

Spark of Life

Face Claim:
Appearance: What does your character look like? How do her Traits affect her appearance? If she has four dots in Strength, those muscles will show. If she has high Charisma, that rating will translate to how she moves and talks. Go over her concept and Traits to see how you can use them as descriptive hooks. Your choices will reflect not only your character's appearance, but also how she dresses, how she acts and how she speaks. Does she move with confidence and have a steady gaze, or is she hunched over, refusing to look anyone in the eye? Does she prefer casual, rugged clothing, or does she have more expensive and refined tastes? It is much more evocative to say, "My character walks with a pronounced limp, possibly from an old injury," than to say, "My character has one dot of Dexterity."

Pre-Rite of Passage: Expand on your concept synopsis. How old are you? What was your family life like? What was normal before you knew you were a Garou?
Rite of Passage: Expand on your concept synopsis. When did you have your first change (where did it happen? did others see it and suffer delirium? did you injure or kill anyone? how did you handle the situation?)? What was your rite of passage like? What did you do in the weeks or months that immediately followed?
Post-Rite of Passage: Expand on your concept synopsis. Where do you live now? Do you continue to live a normal life? What has happened to you since? If you have contacts, or allies, or mentors, or a fetish, this might be a good time to detail how you acquired them (though they could also come from prior to this). By the end of this length, combined with the previous two, your character history should be outlined.

Long-Term Personal Goal(s): Expand (if needed) on your long term goals. This is a good place to give the storyteller hooks for your character.

Example of Completed Sheet

Crimson Summit Character Sheet

Name:Brooke Wolfe   Breed:Lupus   Pack NameCrimson Summit
Deed Name:Cries-Beneath-the-Brooks-Babble   Auspice:Theurge   Pack Totem:
Player:Aethyrium   Tribe:Silent Strider   Concept:Forgotten Dreamer

Attributes

PhysicalSocialMental
Strength●○○○○Charisma●○○○○Perception●●●○○
Dexterity●●●○○Manipulation●●●○○Intelligence●●●●○
Stamina●●○○○Appearance●●●●○Wits●●●○○

Abilities

TalentsSkillsKnowledges
Alertness●●○○○Animal Ken●○○○○Computer○○○○○
Athletics○○○○○Crafts○○○○○Enigmas●●●●○
Brawl○○○○○Drive○○○○○Investigation●●●○○
Dodge○○○○○Etiquette○○○○○Law○○○○○
Empathy○○○○○Firearms○○○○○Linguistics●○○○○
Expression○○○○○Leadership○○○○○Medicine○○○○○
Intimidation○○○○○Melee○○○○○Occult●●●○○
Primal-Urge●●●○○Performance●●○○○Politics○○○○○
Streetwise○○○○○Stealth●●●○○Rituals●●●○○
Subterfuge○○○○○Survival●●●○○Science○○○○○

Advantages

Allies○○○○○Rage■ ■ ■ ■ ■ □ □ □ □ □GiftsRites
Ancestors○○○○○Gnosis■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ □ □ □ □1. Spirit Speech1. Rite of Talisman Dedication
Contacts○○○○○Willpower■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ □ □ □ □2. Heightened Senses2. Rite of Binding
Fetish○○○○○3. Sense Wyrm3. Rite of the Fetish
Kinfolk○○○○○4.4.
Mentor○○○○○5.5.
Pure Breed●●●●●6.6.
Resources○○○○○Glory□ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □7.7.
Rites●●●●●Honor□ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □ □8.8.
Totem●●●○○Wisdom■ ■ ■ □ □ □ □ □ □ □9.9.

Spark of Life

Face Claim: Nataly Machado
Appearance: Tiny. Even in forms that are large by comparison, Brooke is small among other Garou. Barely taller than five feet, and less than a hundred and twenty pounds soaking wet, she has a dainty frame that is void of any sort of built muscle. She's lithe and built like a model, with the genetic features that make that a genuine consideration; if she had the interest in it. She prefers simple clothing, and anything that reminds her of fur, favoring hoodies and sweaters if she can get away with it. In a crowd she's a listener, not a speaker; shy might be the wrong word, but self concious probably fits, even if when she does talk she usually has something insightful to add to any conversations. She makes a habit of watching whats going on around her and picking out peculiar details that stand out to her brain which is looking for answers in everything. Long brown hair meets her elbows at its fullest length, and she's highly protective of the hair her homid form has, often found touching, playing, or manipulating it in some way. Perhaps the most defining feature of the Lupus born Garou, however, is her amber eyes that she keeps in all forms, that always retain that animal within stare.

Pre-Rite of Passage: I remember running in the tundras of Nunavut, in 1994, but I didn't learn those numbers until later. Snow beneath my paws as I ran free with my brothers and sisters, my pack that had fallen in behind me. It was instinct, I guess, to show them the way, I had the keenest nose for sure. I can still recall the long nights, huddled up together beneath the burning sky lights. I think I knew even in those days that something wasn't right. They followed me, but I didn't really belong there. Ever since I was a pup I remember wanting to stray. It was probably only my loyalty to them, since they needed me, that kept me from wandering off and exploring on my own. Though I did get lots of that, even with them. I lead them across the craggy mountains, through the remote villages, and over the expanses of tundra. The people respected us, and mostly we stayed out of their way. I don't know if it was luck or fate, but it's a good thing that I never wandered too far away from my pack. One night we were huddled together and I remember looking at the sky lights, and how intense they were. I was captivated and they made something in me stir. I don't know what, or why then, but I remember the pain. I remember that my cries frightened my pack and they scattered away from me. I remember my body... Changing. It was so cold. The ground chilled me to the bone, in a body that I was unfamiliar with. I might have frozen to death if it weren't for my pack. They came back to me, and huddled for the night. But then they left... I wasn't one of them anymore. I barely remember what happened after that, I remember walking but not much more. I remember light being flashed at my eyes. They were making human noises, but I didn't know what they were saying. Who ever he was, he took me to shelter and saw to my health. I'd never been in a house before, so I curled up in a corner beneath fake fur... Uhh, I mean a blanket. I don't think I was a prisoner, but I didn't know what to do other than to panic. He gave me food, but it was not like anything I had ever eaten before. It tasted fake... Disgusting, but my stomach demanded that it have something. A couple days later, I think, another came for me. He helped me find my way back to my real body, and I found that he was a man who could do the same. He taught me what I was, and took me to his home where there were more like us.
Rite of Passage: I found out that the man who had found me was named Obi, and he was what we call Kinfolk, werewolf descendant but not full Garou. I learned to control my shifting while I stayed at this place, they said I was waiting for others like me. Every few weeks another cub came to the sept until there were eight of us. We waited for about six months before we were ready for what they called a rite of passage. We were guided to the world of spirits, of which we had learned. The elders wanted us to get a fetish that had been lost a few years prior. When they left the pack formed itself and for once I was not the leader. Virgil was the one we all looked too, and he looked to all of us. But not me. When he shunned me, so did the rest of them. They scoffed because I was small. I remember the fire that made me feel. They tore into the depths of the spirit world and I followed them, vigilant from the rear. They wouldn't leave me behind, we were a pack, but they did not accept me; I still don't really understand why. They didn't believe in me, or maybe because there was a more confident theurge among us. Eventually the pack found its way to the spirits lair that held our goal. We engaged it in a fierce battle, where I was able to do little to prove myself to the pack. We were, however, successful eventually. With the fetish in hand we prepared to go home, but then from the fog that surrounded us we were approached by ancient Garou spirits. Slowly they paired up, until each of my pack was communing with one of their own ancestors. I waited eagerly to meet mine, but none came. Angered I ran from my pack and found a near by brook. I called for my ancestors, howling as loud as I could for them to come find me, but still none came. I remember crying beneath the sound of the water, hiding my fear and my sadness from my nearby pack with the sound of the flowing water. But Owl had seen it. When we returned to the caern, we were greeted as members of our tribes. It was Owl, totem of the Silent Striders that accepted me. He named me Cries-Beneaht-the-Brooks-Babble, and that name earned me no shortage of mockery from my would-be packmates. My shame demanded that I could not remain there, and my curiosity compelled me to leave. I was finally free, and I had things to learn... But the world was bigger than I ever imagined.
Post-Rite of Passage: Finally I was running free. An arctic wolf far from where it belonged, making its way south. Sometime I crossed the border into America. That's when I had my first encounter with a 'real' human city. They called it Detroit. Terrified, but curious, I made my way into the city. Of course I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I didn't even know how to really speak their language. I don't know how Matthew found me, but he was a Garou too. He sensed something in me the moment he saw me, he said. A Glass Walker that showed me around. He spent the next year teaching me english, and since I was in a city he said I needed a name. He asked me what I wanted to be called, but I didn't know how to choose. So he called me Brooke Wolfe, and that's what I've been using ever since when dealing with people. We had to do this thing called... paying rent? So I took a job with a woman named Faith, who was a human wolf. She tracked people, and needed help with that. She didn't mind my odd mannerisms so much, thought they were funny. I got a good chance to explore humans with her and Matthew, they even mated and had a baby. I got to run things while she was pregnant, and they called me aunt. But I haven't seen them in a few years. It's not their fault, but I woke up one day and went to go to work, and just needed to move on. So I left. Sometimes I wonder how they're doing, but I can't get back there right now. Maybe someday. Since then I've been wandering across the globe. Mostly the Americas though. Visiting caerns and learning from others. I went to a caern in Yellowstone and met an elder named Trips-on-Wind, and when I asked him about my ancestors he said he had no idea, but he could feel the power of my blood. Which has always been true, the elders everywhere I go acknowledge my blood but have nothing to tell me. I was in Mexico tracking a water spirit when I heard the call, a voice in my dreams that I didn't know but am positive I recognized. I abandoned my hunt and came as quickly as I could...

Long-Term Personal Goal(s): Brooke has one primary goal: to figure out the mystery of her heritage. She was a wolfkin that was not watched over, but is of the purest Garou blood. Elders across the world acknowledge her station of blood right, but none can tell her anything of her ancestery. The deeper she has dug to find answers, the more elusive they seem to get.

Aethyrium

Recruitment Updates

Face Claim Listing

• Jeff Bridges for Storyteller as the NPC August Beckett.
  • Nataly Machado for Aethyrium as the PC Brooke Wolfe.
  • Roman Follet for Intimate Ink as the PC Yanisin Tsosie.
  • Christian Codrin for Xurtan as the PC Mason Sky.
  • Nikola Selenzinko for Amarlo as the PC Noelle Jacobs.
  • Susan Coffey for CurvyKitten as the PC Aoife Faelad.
  • Annasthesia Suicide for Strenia as the PC TBA.
  • Djordje Bogdanovic for hunkaroo as the PC Calvin Wallace.
  • Denise Vasi for Psyk as the PC TBA.

Character Submission Information

PlayerCharacterBreedAuspiceTribeAttribute PriorityAbility PriorityStage of Creation
AethyriumBrooke WolfeLupusTheurgeSilent StriderMentalKnowledgesStage 4, Accepted for play
XurtanMason SkyLupusAhrounUktenaPhysicalTalentsStage 4, Pending final selection
Intimate InkYanisin "Volt" TsosieMetisRagabashWendigoSocial / Mental (undecided)KnowledgesStage 4, Pending final selection
hunkarooCalvin WallaceHomidPhilodoxChildren of GaiaSocialSkillsStage 2 (pending submission)
Lisa2ladyAyesha HarrisonHomidGalliardGlass WalkerSocialSkillsStage 2 (pending submission)
AmarloNoelleHomidRagabashChildren of GaiaMentalTalents/SkillsStage 4, Pending final selection
CurvyKittenAoife FaeladLupusGalliardFiannaSocial / Physical (undecided)TalentsStage 4, Pending final selection
Lost ParadiseRobyn TaylorHomidAhrounRonin (pending approval)MentalSkillsStage 1, Concept submitted (in review)

Marie Reynolds

What edition of Werewolf are using for you to run behind the scenes?

Aethyrium

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on September 02, 2018, 06:07:39 PM
What edition of Werewolf are using for you to run behind the scenes?
The overwhelming majority of behind the scenes mechanics should be coming out of Revised.

Xurtan

Is that a fucking Werewolf game I see? Uh, yeah, color me interested. :P I'll send you a concept here in a few, probably, and if possible I'd like to lay claim to Christian Codrin as FC. He always did look a little wolfy to me...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Intimate Ink

I would like to declare interest / intent to apply, as well as claim Roman Follet as a face-claim.  Thank you.

Aethyrium

Quote from: Xurtan on September 02, 2018, 06:17:46 PM
Is that a fucking Werewolf game I see? Uh, yeah, color me interested. :P I'll send you a concept here in a few, probably, and if possible I'd like to lay claim to Christian Codrin as FC. He always did look a little wolfy to me...

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Oh my, he is very wolfish. Good choice, and thank you for the interest.

Quote from: Intimate Ink on September 02, 2018, 07:42:25 PM
I would like to declare interest / intent to apply, as well as claim Roman Follet as a face-claim.  Thank you.
Consider your intent declared, and face flag planted. Thank you.

Amarlo

Count me in. :) Not sure what faceclaim I'll use yet, but I'm fairly certain she'll be a homid. x3

Seduce my mind and my body will follow.
Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Aethyrium

Quote from: Amarlo on September 03, 2018, 01:14:40 AM
Count me in. :) Not sure what faceclaim I'll use yet, but I'm fairly certain she'll be a homid. x3
Exciting! A homid would be a nice inclusion.

Thank you everyone for your interest thus far. I woke up late today, so I didn't get to review submitted concepts just yet... I need to prep a bit for my evening, but I'll either get to them before or after that. Hopefully we can wrangle up a couple of more characters.

If you're looking at the game and have any questions about the setting, game, etc, just drop them here and I will reply as promptly as life allows.

Xurtan

*squints at Ink and Amarlo* Stalkers! I haven't seen you two nerds since 7D. :) It would be good to write with y'all again. I'm thinking someone similar to Luka actually, just more on the angry asshole than calm asshole side, depending on what Aethyr has to say about my concept. Might end up changing some memes around.

Amarlo

Quote from: Xurtan on September 03, 2018, 05:29:50 PM
*squints at Ink and Amarlo* Stalkers! I haven't seen you two nerds since 7D. :) It would be good to write with y'all again. I'm thinking someone similar to Luka actually, just more on the angry asshole than calm asshole side, depending on what Aethyr has to say about my concept. Might end up changing some memes around.

I can neither confirm nor deny your accusations.  ::) On the note of Luka, I was actually heavily debating using Lana's same faceclaim. I just really like her. xD Then again, I'm not sure. I'm still heavily thinking my concept over.

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Xurtan

Damn, now you half make me want to use Luka's again. :P Lana's FC really is great. I have ideas going around in my head concept/character wise more than anything, but there's certainly plenty of them. Werewolf always brings out a ton of characters I want to play.

Amarlo

Luka was great. xD Those two were a meme and a half, it was so fun. I do really like the model you're currently using though, so I wouldn't toss him aside either! I still find it funny the first time we actually truly got to write together was the one time you used such a pretty boy. xD

As for concepts, either way I'm really looking forward to plotting with you and Ink! Like, super excited, actually. xD

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

hunkaroo

Interest here as well!  Looking over things and have yet to throw up a face claim, but certainly excited!  Thinking of a Male Homid Philodox or Galliard at this point.

Aethyrium

Quote from: Lisa2lady on September 03, 2018, 10:34:55 PM
Hmm I am interested in this
Happy hellos friend. We're interested in having you. :)

Quote from: hunkaroo on September 04, 2018, 08:17:16 AM
Interest here as well! Looking over things and have yet to throw up a face claim, but certainly excited!  Thinking of a Male Homid Philodox or Galliard at this point.
Also hellos! Take your time, but all of that sounds like it'll fit. We've not seen a concept for either of those Auspices yet.

Aethyrium

As others find their way here and start working on concept submissions, I want to point out the "Long Term Personal Goal" and iterate a bit on what I'm looking for. This doesn't need to be hyper specific, but this should be a characters personal story hook. What I'm looking for here is a story that your character has personal investment in, something that they have a claim in that I can use to bait hooks, and maybe put them at odds with the pack.. or have them convince the pack to do something. This should be an idea of what their general personal storyline is aside from the pack and their normal obligations to the Garou nation.

Amarlo

I'd like to faceclaim
Nikola Selenzinko
, please. ^^ -bounces excitedly.-

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Aethyrium

Quote from: Amarlo on September 04, 2018, 04:53:51 PM
I'd like to faceclaim
Nikola Selenzinko
, please. ^^ -bounces excitedly.-
Got that noted down, thank you!

Since this game will likely take place across large swaths of land, rather than a singular location, care will be taken to ensure the backgrounds Contacts and Allies are still relevant. Contacts may allow you to "find people you can get information from" in any given city, rather than having "established contacts in a city", with major contacts being people who either can help in specific areas or have more general applied information, your choice. Allies will be handled in the same way, allowing players to have Allies that can potentially be useful in a wider array. Feel free to be a bit... Bolder (not over the top, just bolder) in those selections and choices, if you want them.

Xurtan

I guess that's one good thing about being a Lupus, I don't have much reason to have Contacts or a whole lot in Allies, either. *snicker* So no worries from my end. I'll keep that in mind as far as personal goal and see if I can't tweak mine or come up with something, I'm playing around with it all at the moment.

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Xurtan on September 04, 2018, 05:37:29 PM
I guess that's one good thing about being a Lupus, I don't have much reason to have Contacts or a whole lot in Allies, either. *snicker* So no worries from my end. I'll keep that in mind as far as personal goal and see if I can't tweak mine or come up with something, I'm playing around with it all at the moment.

*grumbles something under his breath about him needing a good vet network with an excellent record in flea control*

Amarlo

Quote from: Intimate Ink on September 04, 2018, 06:06:17 PM
*grumbles something under his breath about him needing a good vet network with an excellent record in flea control*
-Leans into his shoulder and mutters- Don't forget mange...

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Xurtan

*scowls at the both of you* Sounds like y'all are the ones that need a flea-dip. Or maybe choke collars.

Also, question to Aethyr. As far as Gifts, are the three listed what we can pick from, from each? Or do we have access to the full level 1 options for each?

CurvyKitten

Hello,

I was given a small nudge this way, and this game looks really great. I can tell you've put in a great deal of work into it Aethyrium. I don't know the system very well though. So I hope you don't mind helping a newbie? Normally when I get into a system I don't know I play a "new" type character. In this case perhaps a younger werewolf. Would that be ok? Not a cub of course...am I making sense? LOL If this were a vampire game I'd play a fairly newly turned vampire.

Still if that is ok, I'd love to be a part of this one. :)

Thank you!
Curvykitten

Xurtan

For what it's worth Curvy, there's good odds in most Werewolf games I know that we're all relatively new, within a year or so of experience of each other. Unless Aethyr plans to change that, it's usually the NPCs and such that are higher in rank and the pack starts sometimes at Cub (and doing their Rite of Passage) or one step above. The latter of which I *believe* is where we're starting, but you'd have to check with A. So there's a lot to figure out. :) Not least for the Lupus, as we're still trying to get a handle on the whole human thing.

Amarlo

I'm also really new to the system as well, Curvy. So you won't be the only one! From what I've read of the set up thus far, there's no such thing as a 'turned' wolf in this setting technically - which is only kind of depressing for me. However, good thing is that homid types typically grow up as humans without apparently knowing of their nature in most cases. So you can still definitely do the whole new to the world thing. ;D

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Aethyrium

Quote from: Xurtan on September 04, 2018, 07:23:53 PM
Also, question to Aethyr. As far as Gifts, are the three listed what we can pick from, from each? Or do we have access to the full level 1 options for each?
Your starting gifts (the ones you would pick in Step 8 of character creation listed in this thread) should be 1 from each of the 3 listed options under Breed/Auspice/Tribe. If you are using freebies to buy gifts after that you may have your full selection based on the freebie chart.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 04, 2018, 10:18:31 PM
Hello,

I was given a small nudge this way, and this game looks really great. I can tell you've put in a great deal of work into it Aethyrium. I don't know the system very well though. So I hope you don't mind helping a newbie? Normally when I get into a system I don't know I play a "new" type character. In this case perhaps a younger werewolf. Would that be ok? Not a cub of course...am I making sense? LOL If this were a vampire game I'd play a fairly newly turned vampire.

Still if that is ok, I'd love to be a part of this one. :)

Thank you!
Curvykitten
Welcome welcome welcome. You're absolutely welcome here, unfamiliar with the system or not. You really shouldn't need to understand the system much in order to get it, but of course any questions you have, I will gladly answer. I will do most of the interacting with the "system elements" of the game, off screen. You guys should basically only ever be writing. We'll use it for creation, and all of that is pretty decently laid out (thank you by the way for that, I appreciate the acknowledgement!) and past that to make marked advancement as we proceed.

Either way, yes yes, we can absolutely make it work for a new player. As for age of turned, that's fine. None of the wolves present should really be that old. We're talking about a set of cubs who have been out of their rite of passage for a handful of years. The first change usually happens around adolescence, but it's been known to hold off for a trigger in some people, so you could be someone even less than average.

Quote from: Amarlo on September 04, 2018, 11:14:07 PM
From what I've read of the set up thus far, there's no such thing as a 'turned' wolf in this setting technically - which is only kind of depressing for me. However, good thing is that homid types typically grow up as humans without apparently knowing of their nature in most cases. So you can still definitely do the whole new to the world thing. ;D
This is correct. There is no "bitten to become a werewolf", you are born with the Garou blood and about 10% of those individuals become full fledged Garou. Others that carry the genes are called Kinfolk. And unless you're born Metis (in which case you absolutely know you're a werewolf, because you're born in the "werewolf" form), you're entire pre-change life would likely be spent not knowing. There's weird stuff, but most of it doesn't hit till later and focuses around people being wary of you because you're a natural predator. So, yes, you can be absolutely new to the everything (as a homid, or even a lupus, who grows up knowing only that they are a wolf!)

Quote from: Xurtan on September 04, 2018, 10:48:56 PM
For what it's worth Curvy, there's good odds in most Werewolf games I know that we're all relatively new, within a year or so of experience of each other. Unless Aethyr plans to change that, it's usually the NPCs and such that are higher in rank and the pack starts sometimes at Cub (and doing their Rite of Passage) or one step above. The latter of which I *believe* is where we're starting, but you'd have to check with A. So there's a lot to figure out. :) Not least for the Lupus, as we're still trying to get a handle on the whole human thing.
This is also correct. Characters are post rite of passage (meaning rank 1, Cliath) and have been past their rite of passage for a length of time to be determined by the individual writer, so long as they didn't do a bunch that would have had them be elevated in rank. The pack that's called together are "supposed to be" (I mean this sort of meta game speaking) individuals that were waiting for their pack to all get ready.

My character, for instance, Brooke, has been past her rite of passage for a couple years now. She spent some time learning how to speak english, and wandering cities and traveling looking for her goals. She hasn't really been a part of a Caern or taken part of anything of great importance other than exploring who she is now that she is more than just a wolf.

Aethyrium

As an update... Because some how I forgot to include it. The Litany (The "laws of the Garou") is now included in the last section of the (currently) last post in the world building thread. It can be found here under the "litany" header. This should also be good for anyone who is unfamiliar with the setting, gives you an idea of werewolf...culture? More information (not litany exclusive) can be provided on request.

Strenia

All knowledge is worth having - Jacqueline Carey, Kushiel's Dart

Stren's Corner - O&Os

A wandering Bard's map - A&As

CurvyKitten

I'd like to claim Susan Coffey as my face claim. Name: Aoife (pronounced "ee-fa'') Fáelad. She will be a Lupus, Galliard, Fianna. I keep going back and forth on Attribute priority and ability priorities. Sorry! I have a concept, but I am still trying to figure out what would work best with her. Plus there are never enough points! LOLZ

Amarlo

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Xurtan

*snicker* Hey Stren. And yeah I know the feeling Curvy, it took me a bit to decide on my point layout.

Aethyrium

Quote from: Strenia on September 05, 2018, 09:12:26 PM
*raises hand* interested please
Hello hello friend, and welcome to the world. You're welcome to join in the fun.

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 05, 2018, 09:40:49 PM
I'd like to claim Susan Coffey as my face claim. Name: Aoife (pronounced "ee-fa'') Fáelad. She will be a Lupus, Galliard, Fianna. I keep going back and forth on Attribute priority and ability priorities. Sorry! I have a concept, but I am still trying to figure out what would work best with her. Plus there are never enough points! LOLZ
Your face claim has been noted, and the other information is good (Wheee, Fianna... Good Face Claim for that too!) Don't worry, you've got time. We've still got people rolling in as finding interest it looks like, and everyone is still working on their sheets, so you're right in line.

There have been questions about camps within the various tribes. Camps should mostly be thought of as political factions, you've probably had limited interaction with directly. If you're not sure what a camp is, don't worry about it, it's likely something that will come up in game. If you need to use camps for something specifically in your character, that can probably be fine, just point it out in your concept submission.

Psyk

Hey! I'm interested in playing. I am new to E and am unfamiliar with the system. So, if you'll have me, I'd like to play. I will get a concept in to you either today or tomorrow.

Aethyrium

Quote from: Psyk on September 06, 2018, 01:27:34 PM
Hey! I'm interested in playing. I am new to E and am unfamiliar with the system. So, if you'll have me, I'd like to play. I will get a concept in to you either today or tomorrow.
I think that we can work with both of those things, you're very welcome to come and play. That sounds great!

Aethyrium

Given that this game is intended to have only 6-8 players, and we have 10 submissions already I would like to make the cut off day for concept submission this coming Monday (09/10/18). Since the game was launched during the week, this'll give a weekend for any others who aren't normally on to check it out. So if you haven't seen the game yet, or are just checking it out, you still have a bit of time to toss in your concepts. I will happily accept all concepts up till that point, and then I'll be proceeding only with those that made it in.

Thank you for your understanding, and if you're lurking around, can't wait to see what you come up with!

Strenia

Not that I think anyone’s going to take her but I would like to face claim Annasthesia Suicide, please.
All knowledge is worth having - Jacqueline Carey, Kushiel's Dart

Stren's Corner - O&Os

A wandering Bard's map - A&As

Xurtan

How much, if any, sex do you see taking place between characters? I'd assume it's primarily a plot based game, but you know what they say about assuming. *snicker* Sort of debating my character's orientation--and how Lupus even view sex, let alone with Homid--and that sort of thing. That and... *looks at the Litany, ponders the bit about Garou mating* At least male on male or female on female can't result in Metis? :P

CurvyKitten

Xurtan for shame, trying to sex up your fellow wolves :P

YAAY sheet done and sent. Only to realize afterward that I forgot to add my character images to it. Dang nab it. ~kicks rocks~ LOL I swear if she is approved I will add them!!!

Xurtan

It's useful info to know one way or the other, what can I say. ;)

Aethyrium

Quote from: Strenia on September 07, 2018, 12:04:26 AM
Not that I think anyone’s going to take her but I would like to face claim Annasthesia Suicide, please.
I have recorded this!

Quote from: Xurtan on September 07, 2018, 03:37:17 PM
How much, if any, sex do you see taking place between characters? I'd assume it's primarily a plot based game, but you know what they say about assuming. *snicker* Sort of debating my character's orientation--and how Lupus even view sex, let alone with Homid--and that sort of thing. That and... *looks at the Litany, ponders the bit about Garou mating* At least male on male or female on female can't result in Metis? :P
I think this is very likely up to the writers involved. Garou are people and they have sex. Inter-pack sex is a bit messy because Metis and the Litany exist (Every Philodox ever is going to be like "That's a really bad idea", and probably every Galliard to boot "Have you heard the tale of so and so and such and such, who gave birth to this and that? Let me tell you of their tragedy..."). But the world is changing and Garou are doing what they want more and more, Metis counts are on the rise compared to other breeds in this age. Pack members are almost doomed to fall in love, given their proximity to one another.

I have to imagine that homosexual relations within Garou society are pretty common place. It allows for a level of love and bonding that doesn't result in physical mating. I can see (and probably will even suggest) a world in which same sex Garou relationships are pretty normal. Lupus usually have a hard time relating to human ideas, and so sex for pure pleasure rather than for breeding might be a bit of a foreign concept; whereas Homid grew up in a society that hyper-elevates sex (if you think it's 'bad' in our world, imagine how it is in the World of Darkness where exploitation is 10 times more severe). That's not to say all Lupus are opposed to casual sex, they grow into human society and what's more human than casual sex and humor?

My short answer is that I suppose I don't plan to focus much on sex between the players, though it is likely a theme that'll come up in the narrative. Garou are going to be very tolerant and understanding of homosexual relations, where as humans are likely to be even more bigoted. I would say if characters have open sex, however, that we be allowed to explore the possibility of potential offspring (in character actions can have in character consequences), if only because that is an intriguing story line that would self develop and add some intriguing death; but no one will be pushed into that.

Amarlo

-Shakes fist at Xurg.- Dirty pleasure seeking cretins!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Xurtan

Love the new avatar, 'Marlo. :P And hah, mostly just curious. It's an interesting sort of... everything with the Garou. Not only their hierarchy but the way they view sex. Wolves tend to mount males to show dominance. Older Garou (according to the Kinfolk book) don't approve of same sex relations as it's also a detriment to the 'we need kids' spiel. Which goes off into the Kinfolk meme of keeping them for breeding and the general really awful mindset and society of the Garou, with them basically being religious fanatics at best. *snicker* They have their good sides, but they're definitely assholes. We're also moving into the modern age, and considering Glass Walkers and the way people are questioning the old ways, things are a changin'. I could see my guy sort of trying to go with the true wolf pack thing, wanting to be alpha, have an alpha bitch at his side, and mounting the guys to show he's stronger. *snerk* I need to do more research, I have a few books open and hope they'll further clear things up.

Amarlo

-cackles.- That's pretty humorous. Also, thank you. I found it peeking around and was like "MUST USE" ^^

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Intimate Ink

Quote from: Xurtan on September 08, 2018, 06:33:50 PM
. I could see my guy sort of trying to go with the true wolf pack thing, wanting to be alpha, have an alpha bitch at his side, and mounting the guys to show he's stronger. *snerk*

So, you are telling us that you are playing Luka?

Xurtan

He's... more muscular than Luka? :P And not as verbose.

Amarlo

What I'm hearing is he needs an alphess that's not afraid to butt heads with him. -flutters lashes.-

Side note, I'm changing my faceclaim to Frances Bean Cobain. -smiles sweetly.-

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

CurvyKitten

First off I too love the new avatar! hehe I need a new one, just not sure what I want.

Anyway hehe, I know Aoife will be more I guess classic in her views.  Part of that is because she hasn't been changed that long. It's going to be so funny seeing her interact and learn how things are in human society. She isn't dumb, she just doesn't get why the humans do so many stupid things LOL. If any of that makes sense?

And once she is part of a pack she is loyal to a fault. And NO ONE fucks with her people...or wolves in this case. LOL

That is if she gets approved. I'm off to work on her now!

Xurtan

Makes perfect sense and is generally a Lupus mindset, I suspect. Wolves are very practical and tend to see things in 'threat or food', without caring beyond that. Humans tend to be very focused on the 'why' of things, and if it doesn't actually matter (Such as the societal reasoning behind hand shakes--a Lupus probably wouldn't care to know the details, just 'do this when you meet a human') they're more likely to consider it some convoluted human mess. I suspect Mason and Aoife will get along just fine.

At least so far on paper she'd probably be his first pick for "alpha bitch" given an option, because they'd come from similar backgrounds and mindsets. Although right now of course we have so few details it's hard to say where anything is going to go, or what the final approval list is going to look like. I'm definitely curious where we end up and what the pack looks like, we have a fascinating array of auspices and tribes available.

I'm trying to get through the Kinfolk, Guardians of the Caerns, Player's Guide to Garou, Tribesbook: Uktena, and the Book of Auspices PDFs at the very least. It's good reading and gives a better idea of what we were probably taught immediately, both as cubs and post-Rite. Trying to get a handle on how much Mason actually knows, and how specialized knowledge wise he is. It's a bit of a difficult balance, honestly.

@Aethyr - Do we expect Caern ownership or the Umbra to come up much? Wondering if we're more of a Questing pack, or what, assuming you can answer either right now.

Aethyrium

Quote from: Xurtan on September 09, 2018, 02:35:33 AM
@Aethyr - Do we expect Caern ownership or the Umbra to come up much? Wondering if we're more of a Questing pack, or what, assuming you can answer either right now.
You should expect both of these things to come up. Caern ownership will likely be a more long term sort of goal, but the pack will have access to revitalizing a Caern fairly early (immediately?) if they so choose. The Umbra should play a part on and off, but overall be a generally "frequent" consideration. I would call the pack a questing pack... Most of the time? It'll depend on how they handle what they have in front of them and what they want to focus on.

Xurtan

*grumbles and snags the Umbra book too* Good to know, thanks! Caern revitalization is a hell of a goal, that's cool as fuck. Especially in an age when we're far more likely to hear about them falling, it seems.

To anyone particularly curious and not autistically familiar with the system, I'd definitely recommend reading about your Auspice in the Book of Auspices, and your particular Tribebook. I'm definitely learning a decent bit and it's giving me some good ideas of how Mason is likely to turn out, long term.

Amarlo

Google the auspice if nothing else, it should pop up with a wiki for WoD. There's tons of information on Wiki for this stuff. ^^

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

hunkaroo

Thanks for all the tips and information!  Finishing up my sheet, but just in case Face Claim Djordje Bogdanovic for me? :)

Amarlo

Also, for those of you still peeking at the game, it's still open for applications! As stated in the opening of the thread, it's not first come, first serve!

Amarlo's O&Os
Absences and Apologies

Xurtan

Quote from: hunkaroo on September 09, 2018, 10:46:51 AM
Thanks for all the tips and information!  Finishing up my sheet, but just in case Face Claim Djordje Bogdanovic for me? :)

Good choice ;)

Quote from: Amarlo on September 09, 2018, 10:59:39 AM
Also, for those of you still peeking at the game, it's still open for applications! As stated in the opening of the thread, it's not first come, first serve!

Till Monday at least, hah. So if anyone is on the fence, definitely get your concepts in now. :) Shaping up to be an exciting group, I think. WoD is such a fun goddamn setting to write in.

Psyk

Aethyrium

Quote from: hunkaroo on September 09, 2018, 10:46:51 AM

Quote from: Psyk on September 09, 2018, 06:34:49 PM
I would like to claim Denise Vasi as my FC.

I will record both of these, thank you!

Players that are lurking, tomorrow I'll stop accepting new submissions. If you're interested in being considered for the game, please make sure to let us know here and get me a concept submission so I know what I'm working with. Thank you!

Aethyrium

At this point I am going to be closing concept submissions. If you haven't expressed interest at this point and sent a concept my way, I'm afraid you'll need to check back at a later time if recruitment opens up again. Final game selection will be made from the following characters:

Character Submission Information

PlayerCharacterBreedAuspiceTribeAttribute PriorityAbility PriorityStage of Creation
AethyriumBrooke WolfeLupusTheurgeSilent StriderMentalKnowledgesStage 4, Accepted for play
XurtanMason SkyLupusAhrounUktenaPhysicalTalentsStage 4, Accepted for play
Intimate InkYanisin "Volt" TsosieMetisRagabashWendigoSocial / Mental (undecided)KnowledgesStage 4, Accepted for play
hunkarooCalvin WallaceHomidPhilodoxChildren of GaiaSocialSkillsStage 2 (pending submission)
Lisa2ladyAyesha HarrisonHomidGalliardGlass WalkerSocialSkillsStage 3 (pending submission)
AmarloEssie JacobsHomidRagabashChildren of GaiaMentalTalents/SkillsStage 4, Accepted for play
CurvyKittenAoife FaeladLupusGalliardFiannaSocial / Physical (undecided)TalentsStage 4, Accepted for play
PsykEve TaylorHomidPhilodoxGlass WalkerSocialSkillsStage 2 (pending submission)
StreniaRoisin DorchaHomidPhilodoxBlack FuriesMentalSkillsStage 3 (pending submission)

I'd really like to see sheets for each character completed by Friday (9/14/18), but we're going to call the official deadline Sunday (9/16/17). On Sunday I will make final selection based on characters that have completed the submission steps. If you have any questions, as always, feel free to drop them here or message me directly.

Update: Final selection has begun, approved characters are being posted in the World Building thread, and private messages are starting to go out. The deadline for sheet completion remains unchanged. Game threads to follow.

Aethyrium

For those of you who have gotten your "approved for play" private message, you can feel free to come join the out of character discussion thread. The link will be shared with all future approval messages.