Hogwarts; A Future House: Year Two, Now Recruiting! Last Chance!

Started by Aiden, March 03, 2014, 12:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caela

Quote from: The Golden Touch on March 07, 2014, 06:31:01 PM
They were super study bunnies! Eve wants a Ministry position, so she may have locked herself away except for class work. >> <<;;; What? It could work!

-crosses fingers too-

lol...Maybe...Jordan IS the studious type!!!

The Golden Touch

-kicks the new character sheet in its butt-

Muse... Why must you fight me?!

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Aiden

Quote from: Caela on March 07, 2014, 06:25:35 PM

Aiden, when the we're allowed to make more than one character, I may ask to return Jordan to the game. I'll work out backstory for why she's been gone for the year.

No need, she just was just in the background, still there.

When people leave the game, if they do, their characters are still there as NPCs. Nobody uses them unless given permission by its creator.

The Golden Touch

Quote from: Aiden on March 07, 2014, 10:52:54 PM
No need, she just was just in the background, still there.

When people leave the game, if they do, their characters are still there as NPCs. Nobody uses them unless given permission by its creator.

The relationships would be a hassle. A whole year missed with nothing learned about each other, especially those in your own year. >~<;;;

Aiden

But not impossible, unless you wish to start as a first year. But even in that case, you would still have JWA before that.

It's not a lot of work to talk to a few people and make some IC connections.

The Golden Touch

Not impossible, but slightly more difficult. I don't get a sense of a character from PM discussion, but reading posts and their reactions to not only my character but others. Reading through two years of content that span a year will make it a longer process to fix the relationship post. >>;;

Aiden

Either way, it would have to be done.

Unless some crazy medical emergency, there is no "one year break/absence".

The Golden Touch

Death. There was a death. >:)

But yes, fixing Evelyn (and Sin fixing Thomas apparently) will take some time. Putting up our celebrity claims as well will need to be done for the twins and for their family as NPCs.

I was wondering, twins normally end up in the same House but I think Thomas ended up in Gryffindor when we were "sorted". Can that be changed?

Aiden

yes, on the sorting.

You were both 4th years correct? Technically you were allowed to leave after your third. 4th year onward is college, they would be a year older then the other 4th years, but nothing to much to worry about. 

The Golden Touch

Quick glance at the profiles and they were 5th year Ravenclaw and Gryffindor respectively. Putting them both in Ravenclaw makes it easier. Also noticed that half the people or so on our relationship post is Inactive as it is. Makes it easier, just have to add the "new" characters.

Flower

Don't be shy, folks! I'm sure Aiden would love more characterssss. Plus, HaF is awesome! <3

Amelita

This!

It's a fantastic game, you won't regret checking this out ;)

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

apygoos

between all the ladies here alone, youd be a fool, or really dislike wizards to not want to join this game.
just such a fantastic team of writers and storytellers :)

ebpohmr

Hmm, now I have the chance to get online more regularly, I must admit to a sore temptation to apply to join this game. *disappears off into the study, looking for his thinking cap*

Deamonbane

I am interested, although might need a bit more studying when it comes to the lore of the universe... may I hold a spot until I am ready to make a character?
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Aiden

Yea, we recruitment will be open for about 2 more weeks. As long as I hear from you by then, you'll be good.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 08, 2014, 09:55:25 PM
I am interested, although might need a bit more studying when it comes to the lore of the universe... may I hold a spot until I am ready to make a character?

Hello Bane :) I just joined recently as well.

Emmykins

I'll totally post my CS up sometime this week, loves! I've been waiting..  >:)

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

AribethAmkiir

Quote from: Emmykins on March 08, 2014, 10:50:33 PM
I'll totally post my CS up sometime this week, loves! I've been waiting..  >:)

heya Emmy!

Emmykins

Amelita

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Praxis

Quote from: The Golden Touch on March 07, 2014, 11:29:00 PM
Not impossible, but slightly more difficult. I don't get a sense of a character from PM discussion, but reading posts and their reactions to not only my character but others. Reading through two years of content that span a year will make it a longer process to fix the relationship post. >>;;

I was the very same.

My advice...just pick a few characters that already exist that catch your eye.  Read their respective sheets and incorporate some of what you know into your scenes with them.  In time...you will have plenty of social connections with your character(s).  It snowballs but by far and away...the steepest climb is at the beginning.

Some of my most favourite moments are the unplanned ones...in fact all of my favourite moments are the unplanned ones.  Someone approaches with their character and things just expand from there.

I wouldn't worry too much about social connections.  It's a smart, friendly group and people will reach out and give you some platforms to launch off of.