Crash

~BASICS~

Name: Millicent “Milly” Carson
Aliases: None
Homeworld: Ezra (Georgia System)
Affiliation: Neutral
Position: Gun-Hand
Education: High School equivalent, school of hard knocks and farm living
Cortex Flags: None yet but she is on Niska’s criminal organisation’s radar.  See History.

Height: 5’2”
Weight: 100 lbs
Hair Color: Sandy Blonde with lighter highlights
Eye Color: Blue
Character Model: Steamgirl Veron
Orientation: Bisexual (leans heavily towards women)

~DETAILS~

General Appearance: The only thing that is consistent about Milly is her sandy blonde hair and blue eyes.  When working on ship she can be found in beaten up jeans or breaches and work shirts or a set of coveralls.  When on planet she likes to “dress up,” which tends to be a shabby chic sort of look.  She has no real concept high society so her clothing can end up as a mish mosh of things that she thinks looks nice.  Milly doesn’t mind getting dirty in the line of work so when she is working hard she can often be found with smudges of dirty or engine oil or soot depending on what she is working on.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Milly has a tattoo of a musical note in the shape of a heart on her forearm.  Milly does love her bowler hat and will wear it whenever she can.

Family: Milly is the middle daughter of Joshua and Agnes Carson.  She has eleven other siblings, six older and five younger.  Malcom, Delilah, Sarah, Joshua Jr., Buddy, Terrance, (Millicent), Matilda, Agatha, Bart, Carter and Adelaide (in order of birth).

Personality: Milly is fully aware that the only person that truly cares about Milly is Milly.  This simple fact colors her existence.  Yes she has friends and yes she can work within a team, because if people like you they are less likely to turn on you, but that doesn’t mean that if push came to shove she would sacrifice herself for anyone.  She isn’t that stupid.  Better them than me is a pretty good motto for Milly.

As a former farmer’s daughter Milly is used to hard work and doesn’t shy from it.  She doesn’t like laziness in others and expects that they will take care of their business with little grumbling.  There isn’t much about ship life that is as backbreaking and dirty as growing up on a farm.

Milly’s childhood didn’t offer much in the way of education past about a high school level and while she is a pretty little thing she has no concepts of high flatulent manners.  She can swear like a sailor in multiple languages and often does so.  She laughs loud with an occasional snort and likes her drink.  Dainty she is not.

Weaknesses: Milly is a survivor.  As much as she enjoys being a part of that Satori crew, if it came down to her life or theirs she would choose hers every day and twice on Sunday. Milly has no real awareness of etiquette and high society and probably never will.

Notable Skills: Speaks English and Mandarin with some pigeon Cantonese.  Milly is a very good shot, preferring to use her six-shooters or a shotgun. Growing up on the farm exposed her to a lot of skills. She isn’t an expert at any of them, but she can patch up a wound, fit a car, rig all sorts of mechanical thing-a-ma-gigs, cook, take care of animals and grow crops among other skills.  When there isn’t someone that specializes in a skill on the Satori that job often falls to Milly because she can find a way to figure out what needs to be done even if it will only last until they find someone more capable for a permanent fix.  She is also a fine dancer.

Weapons: 2 LaMat revolvers, Winchester Model 1300 - 12 Gauge, Hunting Knives

History: Milly grew up on a farm on Ezra in the Georgia System.  Like most of the families on Ezra at the time her family was and is farmers.  She has 11 siblings, 6 older and 5 younger who as far as she knows still farm the fields of Ezra scraping out a living from the land.  Milly always wanted more for herself though.  It wasn’t that she shied away from the hard work or didn’t enjoy the sun setting in the fields.  She has mostly good memories of Ezra, but knowing that there were whole other worlds out there with billions of people and experiences waiting to be discovered was something that grabbed ahold of Milly and didn’t let go.  When she was eighteen years old her parents informed her that they had agreed to give Milly’s hand in marriage to one of the other local farmers, a much older scrum of a man with loose ties to the newly arrived Niska, Milly stole a family shotgun, horse and her potential husbands dowry an used them to buy her way on to the first tramp freighter off of Ezra.

She didn’t know that the dowry was really a payment to Niska’s new criminal enterprise.  It wasn’t a lot of money, not enough for them to come looking for her, but enough to put Milly on the organizations radar.  Life off planet wasn’t all that Milly imagined and she struggled to find her way.  She was pretty enough to be a companion, but not all that interested in lying on her back all day and frankly didn’t have the manners to cut it anyway.  She was a hard worker though and didn’t mind getting her hands dirty.  Growing up on the farm gave her a broad knowledge of a lot of subjects.  She could take care of animals, patch up injuries, she knew how to handle a shooting iron and could rig field fixes on ground vehicles to make them work in a pinch.  Once on ship she picked up other handy bits and pieces of starship maintenance and was always fine with being simple labor if it meant getting her from one place to another and didn’t ask a lot of question about what kind of job the crew was pulling.

Milly hooked up with the Satori a couple of years ago at Lilac.  By then she had picked up enough Mandarin to be considered fluent with a bad accent and knows a bit of Cantonese.  Captain Nyari knows about her issues leaving Ezra, but she has managed to stay under the radar and one step ahead of the cortex tags for the moment.  Milly continues her work as a gun-hand on the Satori and has not real aspiration to lead.  Some of the Captain’s choice of jobs does concern her a bit, not so much for the type of work, but for the fact that she could get tagged with much bigger crimes by association than she can stay ahead of.  So far though the Captain has shown to be as adept at staying ahead of the law as Milly would be on her own and the working relationship has worked out well for the both of them.

Likes: Fancy things, fresh raspberries, dancing, drinking, playing cards, Nutty-Oatty Bars
Dislikes: Highfalutin attitudes, people assuming she is stupid or weak, lazy ass people, baseball, anyone associates with Niska and squash.
Hobbies: Dancing, tinkering with stuff, reading bad romance novels, gambling
Fears and Phobias: Being Tortured and Deep Water
Ons and Offs: On’s and Off’s 

Extraneous Information: Nothing at the moment

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Kuroneko

Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Landshark

~BASICS~

Name: Jasper Elkins
Aliases: Shepard Mulcahy
Homeworld: New Canaan
Affiliation: Officially Neutral but Independent
Position: Shepard
Education: Basic but was tutored by a Shepard so knows the Catholic Bible and Latin.
Cortex Flags: Nothing major but has been question in many investigations. Only official offense is the assault of an Alliance officer. Only the recording of the officer raping a young girl kept Jasper out of prison as the Alliance swept the whole thing under the rug.

Height: 5 feet 9 inches
Weight: 140 lbs
Hair Color: dark red
Eye Color: light blue
Character Model: Ben Foster
Orientation: Heterosexual

~DETAILS~

General Appearance: Jasper has a farmers build, lean and wiry. He carries himself straight but usually head down looking out of the top of his eyes. He’s watchful and perhaps a bit twitchy. His shaggy short length hair is curly and a scraggly beard accompanies it. When at rest he spreads out with feet up and arms to either side taking up all the room he has thats his. Dresses in classic frontier/Rim garb. Heavy linen shirts, and wool pants are his usual attire along with a wide brimmed hat. His Shepard clothes are Old Earth classic black preacher wear, and all his attire comes with his long brown coat and priestly collar. He only wears the vestments when needed though.  On him at all legal times are his 2 revolvers Mercy and Vengeance in underarm holsters turned for cross draw and at least a pocket bible.

Distinguishing Characteristics: A trio of bullet wound scars in his upper left chest he humorously calls the trinity.

Family: Father died shortly after the war but his mother (Sarah)and older sister (Penny) still live on New Canaan. Penny is set to be married soon.

Personality: Has an old world approach to life. If done wrong he will remember and not one to forgive and forget. Although a Shepard he is not a man of peace. He is a man of justice. Laws of man mean little to him. Theres right and wrong. If you cant tell the difference your probably the one doing wrong. If the law takes care of the issue then great but if not then he will find a way for proper justice to be done. Not a blood thirsty vigilante nor will he try to right every wrong but will interpose if he sees the need. A true and loyal friend if you can get to that level with him. A serious pain in the ass as an enemy. Hard drinking and fun loving but a real worker when the time comes.

Weaknesses: near sighted and refuses to wear glasses because he broke so many. Left arm doesn’t have full range of motion and weaker than right.

Notable Skills: Knows a better than average level about cattle and horses. Rides horses very well as well as small 2 and 4 wheeled off road vehicles. Knows how to reload his own ammo if he has the supplies. Speaks and reads Latin as well as English and Chinese. Decent gun hand. Can repair simple guns and small engines. Decent gambler (breaks even overall)
Weapons: 2 Smith & Wesson Model 629 Performance Center - .44 he alternated ammo between solid rounds for penetration and hollow points. If he knows of the specific kind of trouble about to happen he’ll adjust. A medium, folding pocket knife.

History: Jasper was born on New Canaan to a somewhat well to do family. Of course on New Canaan that just meant they had a farm that wasn’t going under and a few hands to help run it. He grew up learning his lessons from his mother and working to help as best he could. Unlike the richer farms that grew actual crops in the greener areas of the world his family stuck to cattle and horses. The open prairie was not a kind place though. Before Jasper was old enough to have known them he had lost 2 older brothers, one to disease and another in a storm. Being the baby of the family meant that he was suppose to be the one that got to choose what he wanted to do in life. Go off to a university or be a business man. But life doesn’t work that way on the frontier. As it was he grew up fast and hard. Leaning everything he could about the family farm and its workings.

When war came his father didn’t want any part of it but when the Alliance started turning the screws on everyone and he saw the writing on the wall. Jasper wanted to go as well but his father wouldn’t have it. Someone had to stay and run the ranch…nevermind that his mother had been doing just that for years already. A few months later they received word that his father had been lost…not K.I.A. but lost. Jasper now had the reason he needed and took off to find his father. He joined the same unit in hopes of finding out what had happened. What he found was a whirlwind of death and fear and on a good day complete boredom. He had little time to look for his father and even if he had he couldn’t just leave to go chasing.

He found himself in a field hospital with three bullet holes in his chest and the good book on his lap. The local Shepard had taken up visiting the hospital and it was he who brought Jasper a letter from home telling him that somehow his father had found his way back. A few days later word came that the war was over. A day later Alliance troops moved in and made all the injured get up and go home regardless of condition. The Shepard took in some of the more injured and Jasper, having always been a religious man took to study of the good book in earnest. He wasn’t going home. He had seen to much to simply be a rancher once again. Seeing how the Alliance treated the local town instilled in him a hatred that couldn’t be quelled. These good folk hadn’t chosen sides but that didn’t mater. They were sympathizers as far as the Alliance was concerned and they all but subjugated them because of it.

A year later he made himself a Shepard. Turns out there isn’t any test or approvals you need. Just another Shepard to vouch for you so you can have on your I.D. Having traveled only war zones he set out to see this great verse and hoped to do some good along the way. Always ready to help out a fellow Browncoat and dish out some old school justice if needed. These two thing culminated when a fellow ex-soldier got hospitalized and his daughter raped by a patrol of Alliance officers who thought they were untouchable. Jasper touched them though. By the time a second unit responded and pulled him off in shackles he had busted the 3 men up pretty good and was a few hits from killing them. The local town government wasn’t gonna be pushed around though and when video arrived of the assault on the man and his daughter the Alliance cut its loses and erased the matter completely. Jasper was walking free the next day with more than just a hand shake from the locals. He knew he had to get out of there though. Alliance might not officially do anything but unofficially you could just disappear. The local sheriff gave him a pistol from the armory seeing that he didn’t have one and the man whose daughter he had avenged gave him another. Mercy and Vengeance now never leave his sides.

Finding a transport looking to get into the black he bought passage and that’s how he met the crew of the Satori. It has only been a month but knows he has no intention of leaving her anytime soon.

Likes:Honest people, Thinkers (even if you don’t agree with him), Good drink, Sticking it to the Alliance
Dislikes:Scum (Bankers, politicians, murderers, The Alliance…you know…scum)Liars, thieves, Bad drinks and bad deals. People who wont look you in the eye.
Hobbies:tinkering with old guns or engines.
Fears and Phobias: Storms scare him. As a kid storms were rare but violent and deadly.
Ons and Offs: Jasper is a straight forward guy. He loves women, not girls. He draws the line at anything past minorly kinky.

Extraneous Information: Jasper is a whistler and does it without even thinking. It was a nervous habit he picked up in the military. He knows more about meat and booze than anyone running around on ships should and always seems able to get his hands on good versions of both including his home worlds famous whisky.

Marie Reynolds

I hope you might be still recruiting and wondering if the crew could use a fence. Also would work as a negotiator and brings with him a web of contact  to provide the  crew with jobs.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 24, 2015, 05:52:34 PM
I hope you might be still recruiting and wondering if the crew could use a fence. Also would work as a negotiator and brings with him a web of contact  to provide the  crew with jobs.

Hey MR! We're still open for recruiting, so that's not an issue. I'm not really sure that the Captain could use a fence per se, as any jobs she takes to 'redistribute wealth' would be for a client rather than a simple theft that required selling an item. There's also already a character in the game with negotiation skills, so I want to be sure that we don't have too much overlap in special skills among the crew. A character that can provide job contacts would certainly be very useful. Were you set on a fence, or is there another character type that might interest you?

Marie Reynolds

I can fill another roll that was just a concept i ran in a tabletop and had a lot of fun with. I can always figure something else out just wanted to see if i could indulge in some nostalgia but just want a chance at firefly again.

Kuroneko

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 24, 2015, 06:46:28 PM
I can fill another roll that was just a concept i ran in a tabletop and had a lot of fun with. I can always figure something else out just wanted to see if i could indulge in some nostalgia but just want a chance at firefly again.

It does sound like a fun character concept. Having a fence just puts the crew in a professional outlaw business rather than a taking questionable jobs to scrape by sort of business. You could potentially leave that in a character's history if the need ever cropped up though ;).

Marie Reynolds

Completely  understandable, I ll see what i can come up with.

Kuroneko

Kuroneko

Ladies and gentlemen, provided all the current reservations come in with character sheets as expected and they're approved, I'm down to my last two open slots on the Satori, with one possibly spoken for.

So, keep checking this thread for updates on open slots.

Kuroneko

Given the current makeup of the accepted and reserved characters, the last two remaining slots are open for female characters only.

Kuroneko

The plot seed for Episode One has been posted here, in the OOC.

Kuroneko

I just had a reservation released, so now I have three open positions, female characters preferred for two of the open roles.

DartimusRae

I unfortunately must bow out. I can't seem to ship my muse into shape for this. Sorry Neko

Kuroneko

Kuroneko

UPDATE

There are still three open slots on the ship, including the Companion, if anyone is interested. It would be great if two of those characters could be women, given the current makeup of the crew and passengers ;)

Although gameplay has started, it woud still be very easy for a new player to jump in  ;D

Kuroneko

UPDATE

There are currently four slots open on the ship, including the Companion which could be a male or female character. Would really love to have a couple more female characters on board.  Gameplay has begun, but we're currently dirtside, so it's still easy for any new players to jump right into play.

Senti

MomoPeach

I'm in. I love Firefly. Are you still looking for a companion?

Kuroneko

MomoPeach

Kuroneko

Senti

Kuroneko

Senti

just sent altered character, anything I need to change let me know.