News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Old Salem (Closed)

Started by RainbowRian, March 12, 2013, 05:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowRian

If im not so terrible at math we have 10 characters I believe.

Nim

Quote from: RainbowRian on March 27, 2013, 12:40:21 AM
Well.  You know :)  I want to get a good game a going.  I think Im a pretty good GM but idk ~Shrug~ I try

Sometimes games fizzle whether or not one happens to be a good GM or not.  So don't blame yourself. 

10 chararcters at the start of a game isn't really all that bad of a start.  Ive started games with half as many characters that have turned out to be very fun games. 

RainbowRian

Well I am still waiting on a reply from Cleo

Nim

kks... I guess I'm just really looking forward to the start of this interesting game idea of yours.  ~grins~

RainbowRian

Hopefully soon.  I may work up some thread decorations and such soon.  Maybe a link image?

Nevaeh

So I have a question.

You are looking for a couple more people.  What are you looking for character wise?

For the moment I am just asking.
I hope that you're still searching for the start that has no end and all the plastic people have now become your friends before you start to drift and your soul begins to scream I just wanted to tell you that you're listening to a dream.  Ons and Offs]    [ http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Nevaeh]  [https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83776.0]  BY THE WAY.... If I am slow in posting I apologize.  I have reasons, they aren't always the same so if you want to know why ask me, I won't be putting it for all to see.

RainbowRian

We are looking for male, or female.  We have a few witches, which is no problem.  Everything is still about open.  Though we have no Witchhunter type characters yet, those can come later in game or we can make npcs no prob its really up to you PM us with ideas or post prospective character sheets on this forum.   

Attention everyone:  Once the approved character thread is up I ask that you revise your sheets using the notes Cleo and I have given you and PM us a copy of them.

Nevaeh

Okay do you want everyone to have a power of some sort or are you wanting some plain peeps in the mix as well?

And I get that you need male and female, that was really what I was asking.  *thinks of another way to put it*  I guess I am asking I know you have medical people, pub owners, herbalists?  What other types are you looking for?  What needs filled?
I hope that you're still searching for the start that has no end and all the plastic people have now become your friends before you start to drift and your soul begins to scream I just wanted to tell you that you're listening to a dream.  Ons and Offs]    [ http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Nevaeh]  [https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=83776.0]  BY THE WAY.... If I am slow in posting I apologize.  I have reasons, they aren't always the same so if you want to know why ask me, I won't be putting it for all to see.

RainbowRian

Mainly I would think the Witches are the only ones with power, so normal people would be okay too they just wouldn't be part of "Coven" activities. 

As for professions :
Farmers
Spinsters
Craftsman (Male Only)
Blacksmiths (Male Only)
Carpenters (Male Only)
Weavers
Servants
Soapmakers

These are mainly what is left but if you have another Idea talk to Cleo and I  But no more Doctor style professions,  Or Herbalist ones are allowed.

Nevaeh

Okay thanks, I'll think on it.  Since it seems if you aren't a witch there wouldn't be much for you to write or many for you to write with if you aren't in their coven.

Thank you for answering my questions.

RainbowRian

Lol there are independant Witches. as well :)  Normal people could come in handy as well though.  If the witches trusted you I could see the normal person MAYBE being allowed to observe and they could also be on the hunters side.  etc.  Not a problem :)

Nevaeh

Yea that trust thing was kind of how I saw it as well.    And as it was pointed out to me by someone else... maybe they are layman wanting to learn.  I'll let you know.  Thanks again

RainbowRian

lenka

Name: Teddy Frost (Ted)
Sect: Human
Orientation: Straight
Hair: Mousey brown
Eyes: blue
Height: 6 ft
Appearance: Lean and athletic, short hair which curls at the back when it grows too long.
Abilities: Nothing magical, but is great with his hands and can fix things

Personality: He has a very infectious smile, one that seems to look deep into anothers soul. He is the typical friendly next door neighbour, lending a  hand or taking the shirt off his own back if anyone needs it. He is a bubbly Irishman, who has a heart of gold and is very passionate about everything in his life. He gives trust out easily, but isn't fooled a second time.

History: Born in the southern part of Ireland, Ted was raised on a small farm which his parents had worked on for generations. He had a fun and fitful childhood, always the one to bring friends home and making his household a place of laughter. Getting into trouble, but never enough to do much harm. Wanting to learn more about the world, he saved his pennies from working small jobs around the home town. An elder from the town had taught him the fine art of black smithing, in exchange Ted would help the old man out around his farm and was basically like a son to him as well. It had cut him deep when he found the old man still in his bed one morning.

At the young age of 25, Ted's father became too ill to work any longer. Promising his father he would do his best, Ted soon found a passion with working with his hands on his family farm. Giving up his wishes of travelling, he established himself within the way of the farm life and began to live a quiet and blissful life of living off the land.

Ted is now 32 and has refined upon those skills he was taught. Making money from Black smithing for the community he resides in, also producing fine grains, corn a mixture of root vegetables and pigs.

Relationships: Single, but Sally hold his heart for now (an infant pigglet)

*If he is ok then I would love to also work with a human character.* :)

RainbowRian

Quote from: lenka on March 27, 2013, 04:56:00 PM

Name: Teddy Frost (Ted)
Sect: Human
Orientation: Straight
Hair: Mousey brown
Eyes: blue
Height: 6 ft
Appearance: Lean and athletic, short hair which curls at the back when it grows too long.
Abilities: Nothing magical, but is great with his hands and can fix things

Personality: He has a very infectious smile, one that seems to look deep into anothers soul. He is the typical friendly next door neighbour, lending a  hand or taking the shirt off his own back if anyone needs it. He is a bubbly Irishman, who has a heart of gold and is very passionate about everything in his life. He gives trust out easily, but isn't fooled a second time.

History: Born in Ireland and studying engineering after school. He packed everything up and moved to help his father who had lived alone on a farm. A few years passed and his father became too ill to work any longer, moving back to his homeland to see the last of his days out. Promising his father he would do his best, Ted soon found a passion with working with his hands. Giving up his past love of building things and gaining a degree, he took to the machinery quickly, establishing himself within the way of the farm life and began to live a quiet and blissful life on the outskirts of ??? (where ever they are)

Relationships: Single

*If he is ok then I would love to also work with a human character.* :)

Here are my notes:  Everything looks pretty good though his engineering thing I am unsure about because they are in like an Old Salem type town.  Everything else I see looks pretty good, but I have a headache so please wait for Cleo's Critique.  Also this would be a human character so what is the meaning behind "*If he is ok then I would love to also work with a human character.* :)"  Im just confused due to whatever is going on with my allerigies or cold.

lenka

awe you poor thing..

I was just simply stating/asking if I could work with him, that's all.

Rest up and take care

RainbowRian

As long as the engineering thing ends up checking out for Cleo and such you are more than welcome to have a human character. As is anyone else.  It would be a bit out of point to have everyone be a witch in Witch Trials.

Nim

RainbowRian, did you need me to revise anything with my two characters.   I know you had questions about what thought communicating with the dead meant to me as well as questions on the bubble magic but it wasn't clear to me if you needed me to revise my character sheets.

Also later as the game progresses I'll be more than happy to throw in a couple non witch characters as they become needed.

RainbowRian

Yours is fine just add the weaknesses you mentioned and PM them  Everyone will have weaknesses and we shall discuss them when they are PM'ed :)

Nim

Cleo4u2

Sorry, I was working and have a finite number of posts I can make.

@Everyone: I think we are definitely ready to start this thing! Give us a day or so to get the IC/OOC stuff set up. Please send me or Rainbow your revised character sheets so we can get this started ASAP.

@Nevaeh: The RP is plenty open to non-witch characters. What we have here is a broad RP between members of a community, those being hunted, those doing the hunting, and those who are caught in between. Events in the community, positive or negative, will effect everyone in the community. Those who aren't involved in Coven matters or Witch Hunting matters will have plenty of other things to RP about. The actual Coven rituals won't be the main portion of this game; the interaction of the community will be.

@Lenka: I like your character a lot (especially the picture!), but I think what you're looking at back then would be architecture. Engineering is what we call it now, but I would suggest you add an apprenticeship with a blacksmith before he studied architecture. Also, the idea that he was a poor farmer before going to a very expensive and elite school is unrealistic. My own character only got to go to any kind of upper school (and then not a very good one - he relies on his abilities a lot) because he and his brother sold their home, farm, and all their livestock. For this, I suggest you make the character either a land owner, or some kind of skilled craftsman. He would still be needed to return to help out around the business once his father got sick.

I'm sorry I'm being so picky. There's a lot of "that's not realistic for the time" that I can handle in this RP, but you nailed two I'm nutty about.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts.  - Bertrand Russell

Ons/Offs and Info ~ Plot Ideas - Updated 6/213/16

My /Aways Updated 8/25/16

RainbowRian

Quote from: Cleo4u2 on March 27, 2013, 06:31:45 PM
Sorry, I was working and have a finite number of posts I can make.

@Everyone: I think we are definitely ready to start this thing! Give us a day or so to get the IC/OOC stuff set up. Please send me or Rainbow your revised character sheets so we can get this started ASAP.

@Nevaeh: The RP is plenty open to non-witch characters. What we have here is a broad RP between members of a community, those being hunted, those doing the hunting, and those who are caught in between. Events in the community, positive or negative, will effect everyone in the community. Those who aren't involved in Coven matters or Witch Hunting matters will have plenty of other things to RP about. The actual Coven rituals won't be the main portion of this game; the interaction of the community will be.

@Lenka: I like your character a lot (especially the picture!), but I think what you're looking at back then would be architecture. Engineering is what we call it now, but I would suggest you add an apprenticeship with a blacksmith before he studied architecture. Also, the idea that he was a poor farmer before going to a very expensive and elite school is unrealistic. My own character only got to go to any kind of upper school (and then not a very good one - he relies on his abilities a lot) because he and his brother sold their home, farm, and all their livestock. For this, I suggest you make the character either a land owner, or some kind of skilled craftsman. He would still be needed to return to help out around the business once his father got sick.

I'm sorry I'm being so picky. There's a lot of "that's not realistic for the time" that I can handle in this RP, but you nailed two I'm nutty about.

Thank you Cleo.  I know a bit about the time and the engineering did sound a bit off.  I am a wee bit sick so Im bed contained for the moment watching movies and posting, so I can work up an OOC/IC thread and a Approved Characters thread if you'd like

RainbowRian

What is everyone's opinion on what category this should be put in?

Nim

Being the "Burning" times I would say extreme depending on how descriptive we actually wish to be.  And knowing some of the things Jared is likely to do to those who have wronged him and those he comes to care about  being in the extreme category would certainly grant the freedom of writing what needs to be said. 

RainbowRian

Alright.  I will wait on others to weigh in before I make the threads. :)