Mage-in-training ( 1-on-1 )

Started by Mia Saisyu, May 03, 2006, 01:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mia Saisyu

In the land of Tele'thal, Sorcery is of the highest importance. Only those in the highest standings in their current venture of education can attend a mage's school, and the students become fairly close-knit, naturally - casting certain spells requires the magical essence of more than one person. Learning is hard enough, as instructors can give out "homework" to find a certain herb in the wild..naturally things that are generally bothersome for students to do.

However, one year, an outside young girl is accepted into the school..regardless of going to a low-ranking peasant school and scoring poorly. She was recognized by the dean nearly igniting an entire city block once..And quickly accepted into the school.

..There was one problem, however.

She couldn't control her casting. Well, she could..to an extent, but she had the curse brought down through the Alarien bloodline. Every third generation, a rather beautiful female is born..with extreme capabilities, and rumored to have a strong purpose..to save society from something, even. However, there's a catch. She's cursed with a disease called arcanero, which, in many circumstances, will draw from the realm of perversion to cast a random spell upon herself. Of course this could end up fatal in demonstrations in class were she trying to pass an exam and ends up casting an "invisible" clothing spell on herself instead..

I'd really like to use the GUCK ( D&D ) http://www.netbook-of-uck.net/ with this. It has a lot of interesting spell ideas and naughty effects, or the BoEF could work too..
Exalted might work even..

Basically this'd be my character's life at school, dealing with her peers, and teachers, as an outcast of sorts. Dungeon crawling would be included naturally, in which naughty traps/monsters/slimes whatever you think of could be involved.

...Hmm..any takers?

Zaer Darkwail

I would be intrested, I am familiar whit D&D rules and have used material from that site before. But you can easily be a student of Blackstaff Tower in Waterdeep who haves tendecy magic go mysteriously awry (invisible spell makes your clothes transparent, flare hitting you instead target etc), so it would be matter of creativity how place your char concept into game (but she would likely to be anysort of deity's chosen, more of a grandchild of head from Wand fmaily and old prophecy told in that family that each third generation prettiest woman having storng magic potential arrives but having troubles learning and harness her power etc). So you can join my exchisting game; https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?board=70.0

But we can make also your own thread if you feel not up to play in Forgotten Realms (so no probs in that either) :). Anycase char creation in my game is 3lvl start (despite LA and max LA is +3 and +4 whit Shades) and it is point buy 32 method (starting gold according 3lvl). Also I planned that eventually all chars move along a traveling entertainer's caravan whti some merchants in as large group troughout Faerun.

Natalie C. Barney

As a player in his game that could be fun I'm into the GUCK rules myself but since my PC pretty much just lost her maidenhood a bit ago is new to it.  ;)

Not I plan to use all of them I favor more role-playing and all I just took Prowess and a spell for now, will splash in a bit here or there.

"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Soulsemmer

This sounds promising. I enjoy your style, Mia, and I have some ideas bouncing around in my head for this. If you'd like to hear more, let me know ;)
"Come on now, who do you... who do you, who do you, who do you think you are? Ha ha ha! Bless your soul. You really think you're in control."