The Golden Voice of Ted Williams

Started by BenedictWolfe, January 05, 2011, 04:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenedictWolfe

A pretty awesome story of a man who's great gift has now taken him off of the street. The video that started it:

Homeless man w/golden radio voice in Columbus, OH (Update-FINAL)

Aiden

This guy is getting crazy offers, apparently the Cavaliers are courting him to be a broadcaster for them along with other offers. He isn't gonna be homeless for long.

Fae Brin

Saw this earlier today, flabbergasted.
The idea hovered and shivered delicately, like a soap bubble, and she dared not even look at it directly in case it burst. 
But she was familiar with the way of ideas, and she let it
shimmer, looking away, thinking about something else.
and a subtle fear [capture d] my  h  e  a  r  t.
already [wet] and we're gonna go s w i m ming

Star Safyre

Ted Williams Reunites with Mother for First Time in 20 Years (Man with the golden voice)

When I learned that he hadn't seen his mom in twenty years, I couldn't watch this with dry eyes.

Now when he gets reunited with his nine kids, that's a video I want to see.
My heaven is to be with him always.
|/| O/O's / Plots / tumblr / A/A's |/|
And I am a writer, writer of fictions
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones

AtlasEros

Odd story, it's been all over the place the past few days.
O/O

Oniya

It's even hit the sports stations, thanks to the Cavs angle.  I think the appeal to the article is that so many people are close to the edge of 'nothing' right now, and this guy has gotten the break that the rest of us can only dream of.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17