Intelligent women enjoy sex more than 'bimbos', research finds

Started by Spookie Monster, May 19, 2009, 06:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spookie Monster

I was going to start a thread about this four-foot jellyfish found on a British beach, but when I finished reading the relevant article I suddenly noticed this tantalizing title off to the side:

Intelligent women enjoy sex more than 'bimbos', research finds

How could I resist?  Clicking the link:

A study of more than 2,000 female twins showed that those with greater emotional intelligence had larger numbers of orgasms.

Now, I happen to believe that some of the sexiest smart women and the smartest sexy women on the planet are in fact members of Elliquiy, so I figure that this is an appropriate place to ask: Is it true?  Are you brainy babes better in bed than bimbos?

Spel

Will they come?
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Trieste

Well, but how would we know anything about bimbo sex, Spel? Unless you think we'd have sex with one? :)

That jellyfish is almost as big as I am. O_o

Apple of Eris

Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Gunslinger

Interesting article, I read something similar about athletic, party-going, and smart women. A few things popped in to my head when I read this article tho:

If 'Emotional intelligence' is "the ability to monitor and manage feelings and emotions in oneself and others" Where does the intelligent part come in?

The girl on the picture is so totally cute, whats her #?

Um, if they used twins... where does the 'bimbo' part come in?

So what I got from reading this: Women who have better management of feelings and emotions can reach an orgasm more frequent then those that do not.

I am confused. What study I do want to see is: who enjoys sex more, men or women?

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Trieste on May 19, 2009, 06:42:16 PMWell, but how would we know anything about bimbo sex, Spel? Unless you think we'd have sex with one? :)
Could we work that out somehow?  And get some videographic proof?  All in the name of science, of course.*  Can you buy lotion and Kleenex with grant money?

Quote from: Gunslinger on May 19, 2009, 10:02:35 PMIf 'Emotional intelligence' is "the ability to monitor and manage feelings and emotions in oneself and others" Where does the intelligent part come in?
Well, the very nature of a discrete "emotional intelligence" is still being debated -- hell, the nature of intelligence itself is still being debated -- so you can imagine what different scholars think about any proposed details.  The "intelligence" in this case, however, basically concerns having better sex by managing feelings.

As a crude example, imagine a horny woman who wants to initiate sex with her boyfriend.  She finds him sitting in front of the television watching a Red Sox game.  Now, she HATES baseball.  If the woman's a bimbo, she'd be more likely to allow her frustration to control her and say something like, "Why are you watching that stupid game?  I hope the Yankees win!"  This would decrease her enjoyment of sex, because after a statement like that she'd be much less likely to have it.  A brainy babe, on the other hand, would be more likely to assess and control her emotions; she might then take a breath, remove all of her clothing, put on a Red Sox cap, find a baseball bat, lie down on the carpet near the television, and proceed to do naughty things to, with, on, and around the bat itself.  This in turn would probably increase her enjoyment of sex, particularly if the Red Sox are leading and the seventh-inning stretch is on its way.

Quote from: Gunslinger on May 19, 2009, 10:02:35 PMUm, if they used twins... where does the 'bimbo' part come in?
Eh... it's just an ordinary twin study.  Despite the fact that twins are more-or-less genetically identical, twins themselves often exhibit very different behaviors.  The individuals who conducted the study apparently found a bunch of twins, poked them, prodded them, asked them a bunch of questions, sorted them into "bimbos" and "brains" as well as possible, and then finally interpreted the results.  No word on whether the Collinson Twins or the Barbi Twins were involved in any way.

Thanks for the replies, guys!  And if you like this subject, be sure to check out Vekseid's cool "Geeks are best in bed"!

Spel

* To be fair, I seem to be one of the few guys who's not inherently drawn toward lesbianism.  That said, if I get any chance to see a nekkid Trieste, I'm going to take it, you know what I mean?

See my tremble...

Edit: Font size.
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Elayne

The day I can't lure my boyfriend away from a baseball game is the day I hang up my bimbo cap and become a brainy nerd.

Unless it's the World Series.  Then all bets are off.
"Writing is like prostitution. First you do it for love, and then for a few close friends, and then for money." -Moliere

Torch

Since the most important sex organ is the brain, I should think the answer would be obvious.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Indigo

Most obvious yes...though the physical assault upon the senses of course must render any thinking brain in believing otherwise, even at the expense of what the cerebral cortex is relaying.

Who then, can blame the layman, (or laywoman) for believing that it is simply the physical which actually motivates the highest form of pleasure?

Live, love, and learn, hmm, yes yes.

Go go, brain, go go!  ::) XD