Looking for a Game to Play

Started by Inkidu, July 04, 2012, 04:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samael

I've given Endless Space a quick whirl, only a few minutes since time is short on weekends, and I can say it's incredibly addictive, and what's more important, it's interface is very, very comfortable to use. The tutorial you get while playing the first time is extensive and nicely done, and the game itself looks really sweet and is addictive like hell.

I already like it better than Sins or GalCiv II.
Worth to get if you can.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Inkidu

Anyone know if anyone has ever done a steampunk 4X game? Been playing a lot of CiVs scenarios and I was wondering if anyone knew of anyone who tried.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

HairyHeretic

Just a thought, but what about a forum based 4X game? 2nd ed VBAM is in the playtesting stage at present.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 13, 2012, 04:49:49 PM
Just a thought, but what about a forum based 4X game? 2nd ed VBAM is in the playtesting stage at present.
You mean like pen and paper.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

HairyHeretic

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 13, 2012, 07:03:47 PM
Pretty much, yeah.
Nah, I like my pen and paper to be a little more personal than clashing armies, plus, they're already long enough on computers.

HairyHeretic

Fair enough, just figured I'd toss the idea out :)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Inkidu

Quote from: HairyHeretic on July 14, 2012, 07:06:22 AM
Fair enough, just figured I'd toss the idea out :)
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the suggestions.

SecretG07

Have you checked out the Mass Effect series? I would advise skipping the first one, buying the Deluxe Edition of 2 and then getting 3. It is a really good story once you get into it.
Gamer by day. Gamer by night.

Inkidu

Quote from: SecretG07 on July 24, 2012, 10:33:07 AM
Have you checked out the Mass Effect series? I would advise skipping the first one, buying the Deluxe Edition of 2 and then getting 3. It is a really good story once you get into it.
Well, I am looking for a specific kind of game detailed in the first post. Other than that I've been a Mass Effect fan since the first game. I still have all three games, too.