News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Amazon Zombie Survival $500 Challenge

Started by Mr BadGuy, April 02, 2016, 04:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr BadGuy

I'm really sorry for the horrible name that may or may not have misled you to clicking on my thread but I recently thought of an idea that might appeal to some of the members on the site!

Before I go further though: This game will have no real-world money transactions.
And it will not take in the Amazon rainforest.

The idea of this game is to build a character with 500$ "spent" on Amazon, the online place where you can buy stuff and have it delivered to your house. Your focus here is to buy the best survival gear possible with your budget! This does not include immediate perishables, like food, or water. However, canteens and grills to PREPARE said food or water are good options.

I'm thinking that the zombies each person is facing against are "Walking Dead" type zombies, which are slow, shambling and quiet. The next alternative would be those from either "Dawn of the Dead" or "Zombie Land" which are considerably faster, and louder. However, the plot of the story is rather shaky.

Rules for purchases?
-No coupons, sales or Prime prices. If it is currently on sale for some reason, please give a link so I can see
-Your character is a normal person. No super humans. If he's really strong or fast or good with guns for some reason please provide a reason for it in the backstory.
-Normal people typically have clothing. No need to buy normal clothing from Amazon. However if you are buying tactical clothing like a Kevlar vest or tear-proof/cut proof clothing that could be a good idea
-If the listing price is .01ยข I don't want to see it. That's cheating.

I think a character skeleton might be appropriate? Don't follow it if you don't want to.

[float=right][img height=300][/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Previous Occupation:[/b]
[b]Outstanding Features:[/b]
[spoiler=Biography][/spoiler]

[b]Weapons:[/b]
[list]
[li][url=link][Insert Item Here][/url] [insert price here][/li]
[/list]

[b]Equipment:[/b]
[list]
[/list]

[b]Clothes[/b]
[list]
[li][url=link][Insert Item Here][/url] [insert price here (or not if regular clothing)][/li]
[li][url=link][Insert Item Here][/url] [insert price here (or not if regular cllothing)][/li]
[/list]

Unfinished Sample Character Sheet

Name: Marcus Jackson
Previous Occupation: Student
Outstanding Features:
Biography

Weapons:

Equipment:

Clothes

I was thinking we could do a system for this based on dice-rolls, kind of like DnD but not super adhering to it.
My search thread: In progress ^_^

Mr BadGuy

My search thread: In progress ^_^