Cal and playfull's OOC (was: Male looking for Female RP Partner)

Started by Cal1496, October 19, 2010, 09:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal1496

And ot be even more exact I am looking for a female partner willing to do a sci-fi RP.  One where characters can die and there is room for multiple story lines and characters.  Which means yes you'll have to play more than one and yes you'll have to play both genders.  I will be doing the same so consider us even.

I want this to be a plot we build together so rather than you give you a setting, I'll give you what I like.  I like keeping things at least in some realm of reality, and by that I mean, this could be something that happened one day.  So unless you want a really gritty ass, dark(Think mirror universe Star Trek times ten!  Pretty bad, I know!) I'll probably wanna keep it just a human thing.

Light speed is something I struggle with too, so an RP where cryogenic freezing is needed, with long trips of ten years that go by in seconds is most likely what I will call for.  Unless you bring BSG which is my weakness purely because jump drive is awesome.  Heads up, I will not do a canon version of BSG.  I might, that is might do an RP taken place at some time in the story line, but that is a big might.  A more appealing thing to me would be a similar universe even.  At the same time though, the cryogenic thing is what I am leaning too.

In the end though all I am looking for is a female sci-fi fan looking to take things to a really dark place.  You that gal, get in touch,

Cal

playfullchick76

I'm a bit of a fan of BSG, and wouldnt mind playing as a human form cylon, captured. If that appeals, let me know.

Cal1496

Would you be willing to work out an actual plot line and story around why she was captured and what her mission was, or are you just looking for kinda one shot thing with a BSG type feel? lol

Cause honestly though I want that kind of thing in it, I am looking for a long term plot and story. 

Though one shots are fine if that's all you are looking for.l

playfullchick76

I do prefer long term ones, not ones that last only a few weeks. I would be more than happy to work on a plot line with you.

Cal1496

Sounds good!  Now you want to work things out over PM's or keep it on here?

playfullchick76

we can keep it in here. Im ok with that.

Cal1496

Okay then!  Now since we are going with the BSG route rather than just sci-fi in general lets figure out what we both want.  In that kind of setting I think it would be cool to have something like a Colonial Civil War?  Take what we know about each colony from the show and sites like wikipedia, divy up who is with who, maybe some colonies are neutral?  And in the whole mix of things there are cylons.  Who are basically used as spies and soldiers.  If we go that route I suggest that regeneration ships must be in very close proximity in order for a cylon to download into a knew body.  And I mean close in terms of distance in space.  So like if you are on a planet and a regeneration ship is orbit of that planet you're good.  The next planet away though...You're taking your chances.

What ya think?

playfullchick76

Thats good. The only world that we saw much of was Caprica, but there were others, eleven more. She would be a spy, that works, there to see what the colony has thats usefull, and a regeneration ship would be in close proximity, but that may not always be the case.

playfullchick76

I'm also a fan of the Star Trek mirror universe. I just thought I should mention it.

Cal1496

Looove Mirror Universe!  I mean if Enterprise could have just done entire seasons about the mirror universe, I think it would still be a show lol

Back to the BSG thing, unless you really want to do a Mirror Universe and have an idea.  Cause I don't and can't think of a good one at the moment.  But if you even have a premise, let me know.

The BSg thing though, I'm thinking the civil war should be something along the lines of the weaker class rising up against the high class.  Don't have it all figured out yet, but the weaker planets againt ones like Caprica I think would cool.  What ya think?

playfullchick76

when I think of BSG, I think of what I saw in the series, and the stand alone movie Razor.

I think that a Star Trek mirror universe one would be best, as ive read just about every book set there, and I was playing out two mirror universe roleplays in here, only they both fizzled out. Not on my end, I should point out.

In both, I was on a ship that was transported from the primary universe as we know it, to the mirror one. I dont know what we could work around that, but Im certainly open to ideas.

Cal1496

Hey no problem switching to mirror.

Just so you know though, I have never read any of the books, so would it be cool that instead of having the canon mirror universe, we just have a very similar one too it?  That way I'm not lost all the time and we can really make up anything we want?

playfullchick76

Im not opposed to that, as there are mirror universes where different things could have happened, we can make up our own one. So what happened in our Mirror Universe.

Cal1496

I'm thinking that Terran Empire is still in full swing.  Spock didn't come along and ruin everything, so everything is all dictator like and backstabby! lol

Just a spit ball here, but how about our ship accidentally slips into this universe with absolutely no way back.  The Captain, First Officer and many senior officers are dead leaving a rather inexperienced crew to fend for themselves.  They are all well trained and such, but even those in their thirties aren't command material and it comes to some Lieutenants and such to put things together?

One of the main problems they're facing being trying to walk the line between staying alive and keeping their morality.  Cause I'm thinking that when they appear in the universe they are ambushed by three Terran Empire ships, and the senior captain of these ships recognizes the similarities between them and figures what has happened while keeping it to himself.  So he makes a deal with the Commanding Officer of our vessel.  Become a paid mercenary of the Empire, and do as she commands, and all the enslaved species on your ship will remained unharmed and the ship itself will be allowed many freedoms.

Forces our character to change their moral's, inside fighting along with tough choices to made for the better of the crew?

Again, just a spit ball lol

playfullchick76

Ohh,,ohhh, ive got tingles at the thought of playing out one like that, that is cool, very, very cool.

I love that idea. Would my character, Lieutenant Alyssa Knight have a duplicate on one of the Terran Empire ships, if so, that would add nicely to it, perhaps my duplicate is your first officer, or even your woman, as you would be the captain.

Cal1496

That would be interesting, especially if on the first time my Terran Captain and Federation Acting Captaining are speaking over the viewer, your prime Alyssa is able to be scene by the Terran Captain, and the mirror version isn't By the Federation Acting Captain. 

They end the conversation and my Terran Captain turns to the mirror Alyssa and says, "Well doesn't she just look a slight familiar?"  A crooked smile on his lips and possessive grin in his eyes.  The mirror Alyssa merely rolling hers and just expressing that she's disappointed that another version of herself hadn't at least made it too Commander yet.

Oh ya, that would be cool lol

So do you wanna jump right into this thing, or plan the sucker out by getting our characters named and seeing which direction they are heading in?

playfullchick76

We can jump into it if you like, I can get it started, put it into one of the light solo threads, and tell you which forum its in and what its called.

playfullchick76

If you wanted her to be the acting captain of an Intrepid Class one, or Akira Class even. I was just thinking that a Defiant class one, even though it has a smaller crew, would be a bit more respected by the undefeated Terran Empire, and better able to collect tribute.

The Terran Empire ships would be more heavily armed, with multiple phaser and torpedo banks, abladive armor standard. One of the ships could even have the multi vector assault mode that the USS Prometheus had.

Just ideas.

Cal1496

No it's absolutely fine it being a Defiant Class ship.  I mean, admittedly at first I was like...Really?  The little ship that could?  But then I thought about it and came to the same idea as you about the Terran's respecting a pure war type of ship far more than the well rounded exploration ships more common in the Federation.  At the same time, the Defiant isn't such a threat on it's own that the Terran's really need to worry about it.  A great vessal for quick attacks and striking fear which I am going to have the Terran Captain using them for.

And actually I'm writing my post up now and I have a Lieutenant James Varcoe as my main guy for the Sydney.  Now him and Alyssa are the same rank.  The way this is usually handled is who ever was made Lieutenant first, is the commanding officer.  Are you okay with James being the one who has been a Lieutenant longer and this takes command from Alyssa, making her the XO?  Or will she want command of the ship?

His post is the con by the way, but because a junior officer needed battle experience he was at main engineering.  Trying to come up with a good reason, will think of one if I have too lol

playfullchick76

Im ok with that. If you want your character to have been a lieutenant longer, then im ok with that, and he can be the new commanding officer of the Sydney.

Maybe he had engineering skills, and had been called down to main engineering to help the Chief with something when the event happened.

Cal1496

Ya, I already have him yelling at the engineering crew to get the warp core back online lol

playfullchick76

Cal1496

You're gal is on ops right?  Cause that is what I'm going to have James put her on as well as make her science officer as well as his XO.

But her original post was ops, correct?

playfullchick76

Yes, she was on ops, the only survivor from the Bridge crew, but most of the remaining crew would have survived. Any duplicates of the Sydney on the three Terran Empire ships is up to you. I would have one, but any more is up to you. Perhaps the Chief Engineer has a mirror universe counterpart on the lead Terran Empire warship whos also the Chief Engineer.

Being made his XO and Science officer works for me.

Cal1496

Actually I killed the Chief Engineer lol  He was Lieutenant Commander(You know, like Gordi!) and broke his neck in a fall.  Making James the highest ranking officer on the ship.  A bajoran Junior Lieutenant is in charge of engineering  :P

But we could still have the Terran ship have the Chief Engineer alive and well and recognize the ship.