Heroic Fantasy Desert Island Game (D&D 3.5) – (Need Male Characters)

Started by LisztesFerenc, May 29, 2011, 09:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on September 21, 2011, 03:22:29 AM
Are any of the 3.5 sourcebooks banned?

No whole book is banned, but certain options from one may be.

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on September 21, 2011, 03:22:29 AMI'm thinking a Warblade (ToB), Binder (ToM), or maybe Dread Necromancer (HoH).

All of those classes are acceptable.

Quote from: Rhaegar14 on September 21, 2011, 03:22:29 AMAlso, how would Level Adjustments on races like Drow work out in E6? I'm only vaguely familiar with the concept, but if you cap out at CL 6, that +2 LA would hurt like HELL.

LA reduces your stats instead of your level. For example if you are using point buy and are playing an LA+2 race you would have have 18 points instead of 32.

Healergirl

A upcoming Bard, welcome?

And a possible necromancer?  Sparks will fly when he and Aeryun meet .  In the best possible way, of course.  Will be good roleplay!

Aeryn is a healer, Xen is a barbarian, Morgan is a druid, Vinnie is a wandering holy man, Kasumi is a monk of some flavor. Daria is a fighter, Redrick a mage, Deneve is... a bard?

Tagan

Kasumi is a monk of the order of light... A Psychic Warrior/Monk group.

yesiroleplay

wow.  there's already a bard, and several healers/clerics/etc - maybe divine bard wasn't the way to go?
sorceress is tempting, as 6th level just gets them 3rd level spells

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: yesiroleplay on September 21, 2011, 06:54:12 PM
wow.  there's already a bard, and several healers/clerics/etc - maybe divine bard wasn't the way to go?
sorceress is tempting, as 6th level just gets them 3rd level spells

Sorcerer works as well, but I don't think it matters if certain character builds overlap since they are in separate group. Players may meet up from time to time, but there is no guarantee of it, or that they will be co-operative when they do.

Rhaegar14

The crunch: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=331247

The fluff:

Name: Talneth Despana
Race: Drow
Faction: Formerly Drow Caves, Currently Pirate Island

Appearance: Like the vast majority of his race, Talneth has charcoal black skin and snow white hair. He is a bit on the tall side for an Elf at five-foot-two-inches, slender-built and covered in lean muscle. His eyes, when viewed in the light, are a bright shade of gold. Unlike most of his brethren, Talneth has facial hair which he keeps neatly trimmed to a white goatee, and his hair is braided into a long ponytail that goes to his mid-back. He wears form-fitting layers of dark leather, with a shirt of bright mithral rings hidden under his jerkin. His gloves end at the knuckle, leaving his fingers free. Over the leathers he has a hooded cloak of dark violet, as well as a bandana for his face, though he often goes without these if the weather is hot. A fine-crafted short sword rests on his right hip, a dagger of similar make on his left. The renegade is actually fairly well-known on the islands, as unassociated Drow are exceedingly rare.

Personality: Though he has been an outcast for a few years, Talneth is still adjusting to being among non-Drow; superiority and racism are deeply ingrained in his upbringing, and occasionally he lets this slip. He is not, at his core, overtly evil, but he is a survivor and a pragmatist above all else. In battle, he is absolutely merciless and rarely sees reason not to use deadly force, even when his assailants had no intent to do the same. However, he rarely starts a fight without provocation. Decades of living among his own race have left him with a bit of a sadistic streak as well.

Biography: Talneth was born as the second son to House Despana, a noble family among the Cave Drow. Despite the community's small size, Dark Elves will be Dark Elves, and the various families are always grappling for power. As a result, when Talneth showed an aptitude for stealth at a young age, his mother hired teachers to train him into a deadly assassin. He cut his teeth eliminating his mother's enemies, slowly sharpening his skills as he eliminated his House's rivals. Eventually, House Despana struck an alliance with another high-ranking family, House Aleval. It was in this way that Talneth came to perform missions for one Myrivae Aleval, heiress to her House and an up-and-coming priestess of the Spider Queen. Over time, Myrivae chose Talneth as her consort, and the two fell in love; actual love, not the shallow, lust-or-politically-driven alliances so often formed by a female and her consort.

But it would all come to a crashing end. Lolth issued a test of both loyalty and strength to Myrivae; she would face her consort in single, direct combat, and best him. Talneth was ambushed in the streets, knocked unconscious, and thrown into a pit underneath the temple with his weapons and armor. Myrivae didn't need to offer any more explanation than standing across from him with her weapons drawn. But Talneth, a skilled fighter, bested the priestess, and her life's blood ran down his dagger before wetting the dry dirt of the pit. Outraged, Matron Aleval demanded that the male who had slain her daughter be given to the Spider Queen. Matron Despana agreed with little argument; Talneth was, after all, a mere male, and therefore expendable. The assassin found himself knocked unconscious once again, and fully expected to awake on a sacrificial altar.

Instead, however, he woke on the beach, with the surf wetting his toes. As he shook off his unconsciousness, he looked around, but saw not even the slightest explanation at how he had gotten where he was. He wandered for a few days until he found a few dwarves, who allowed him to accompany them to the Pirate Island in order to find a new life for himself. Since then, Talneth has been finding a bit of work here and there as a sailor, but is seeking a better use for the skills he developed among his own people.
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Rhaegar14

Well, as much as I'd love him to be a chaotic good dual-scimitar-wielding ranger who is the incarnation of all that is good and just, I'd commit seppuku if I created a Drizzt clone. Sadly, Talneth and truly good characters probably won't see eye to eye all the time. :-P
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Rhaegar14

Have you ever read the books? I love them to death. :-P They're nothing too heavy, but they have a classic, innocent air about them, from a time when fantasy was still black and white.

Tagan

Curse me yes I love the Salvatore stories... sad how he's reacted to 4.0.

yesiroleplay

Hit Points (re-rolled 1's & 2's)
31764   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:23:40   At 2011-09-22 21:23:40, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 5
31762   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:22:53   At 2011-09-22 21:22:53, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3
31761   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:22:44   At 2011-09-22 21:22:44, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 6
31760   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:22:34   At 2011-09-22 21:22:34, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 4
31759   LisztesFerenc   2011-09-22 21:22:15   At 2011-09-22 21:22:15, yesiroleplay (uid: 22051) rolls: 1d6 Result: 3

Healergirl

Haven't read them, Rhaegar14.  Just, well, a "nice" Drow is like a vegetarian werewolf!

Aether

Salvatore is amazing and that first book alone that has him turning his back on Menzoberranzan at the end and heading into the under dark...  sorry, I could not keep that silent.

LisztesFerenc

Quote from: Aether on September 23, 2011, 10:36:21 AM
Salvatore is amazing and that first book alone that has him turning his back on Menzoberranzan at the end and heading into the under dark...  sorry, I could not keep that silent.

Wait, does this mean you are still interested in the game?

Aether

I am sorry, I always check my "Show new replies to your posts" on the upper right of E and so I saw you all needed players and then also the conversation about Salvatore and could not remain silent, lol.  No, sorry, move on w/o me, I had come to a creative impasse with my character concept and dropped legit.

yesiroleplay

So do we have enough for another team?  When will we be starting?

Videospirit

Space Available still? I've been looking for a 3.5 game for a while now.

An Ardent Swordsage Elan would be fun.

I was looking at the first post and didn't see a starting level/xp listed? Is this going from level 1?

I can have the character done almost immediately if I get a green light and that detail, just using 36 point buy.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Videospirit

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9497

Here's the character. I took 2 flaws, but I can easily drop them and the earth sense/power feats if that's not allowed. I picked 2 of the worse flaws though.

Rhaegar14

Quote from: Videospirit on September 25, 2011, 08:15:33 PM
Space Available still? I've been looking for a 3.5 game for a while now.

An Ardent Swordsage Elan would be fun.

I was looking at the first post and didn't see a starting level/xp listed? Is this going from level 1?

I can have the character done almost immediately if I get a green light and that detail, just using 36 point buy.

36? We only got 32.

Videospirit

Oh 32 point buy? That's easy enough to remedy, goodbye 16 strength. A shame about those scaling costs for higher stats.

yesiroleplay

There was a point buy?
Damn.  I rolled because I thought that was the only option.

Videospirit:  you need to grant public permission to that sheet

PaleEnchantress

As long as their is potential fot m/m options i'd be very interested.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Aether

It was stated earlier (Way back at the beginning of this thread) that you could go 4d6 drop a die for your stats or a point buy.