5e DnD campaign (Can't be the only one with an itch to play)

Started by Gilgameshian, July 12, 2018, 06:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgameshian

So I've been playing 5e for a while but I recently got Curse of Strahd and generally have just been bitten by the bug to play. I've got a local group and long running campaign there but I'm hoping to play another game. Doesn't have to be Strahd (not a major fan of horror myself though I love the setting) but I'd love to play something in general. I'm open to most any setting with 5e.

This is a little bare bones but surely there's a GM and some other people out there interested in whipping up some characters, seducing some monster boys/girls, and having a wonderful time fighting through the countryside to save the world or the like!

Hell, I'd be down to work with a small group of people to maybe do some light worldbuilding to kind of craft our own world for the DM to then warp to create a wild and wacky campaign. Why not? Spice things up and let things go a little crazy yeah?
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Barracade

I'm definitely down for some erotic DnD fun. Though I am relatively new to tabletop gaming, I'm no stranger to role-play. If you can find a DM, or be one yourself, I'll be happy to join you on your adventure.
"They say it don't be like it is, but it do."
-Science Man
[/size]

Haybuck

Depending on how many games I'm in when this starts, I'd be interested in playing potentially. I'm already planning to GM one erotic 5e game now, and can really only handle the one. (By the way, we do have 3 slots open if furries are your thing).

Chulanowa

I've... actually been itching to run something for 5e. I have several ideas, but haven't really had time to sit and iron them out. it's good that you're leaning more towards "fun and wacky," 'cause that jives with what I prefer myself.  ;D

I can't make absolute promises right now, but consider my interist piqued to run some 5E. Anything in particular that strikes the fancy?

Haybuck

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 16, 2018, 03:19:58 PM
I've... actually been itching to run something for 5e. I have several ideas, but haven't really had time to sit and iron them out. it's good that you're leaning more towards "fun and wacky," 'cause that jives with what I prefer myself.  ;D

I can't make absolute promises right now, but consider my interist piqued to run some 5E. Anything in particular that strikes the fancy?

"Lewd" and "Allows Anthro Races" comes to mind. Beyond that, I'm down for nearly anything.

Chulanowa

Anthro characters aren't a problem for me (though? i do find "anime catgirl"-type character designs to be lame as hell, for the most part  :P)

For lewdness? I generally leave that up to the players. You guys wanna fuck the troll queen? Well by all means, it's just a persuasion roll away  ;D Want to roll across the countryside in a five-man hump-pile? Hey, you do you. i don't tend to do "sex dungeon" or whatever sort of things. I mean I could, but as a one-of in a greater setting.

Haybuck

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 16, 2018, 03:40:44 PM
Anthro characters aren't a problem for me (though? i do find "anime catgirl"-type character designs to be lame as hell, for the most part  :P)

For lewdness? I generally leave that up to the players. You guys wanna fuck the troll queen? Well by all means, it's just a persuasion roll away  ;D Want to roll across the countryside in a five-man hump-pile? Hey, you do you. i don't tend to do "sex dungeon" or whatever sort of things. I mean I could, but as a one-of in a greater setting.

When I mean Anthro characters, I mean fully fledged furry. Please see my profile picture for an example. :P

Gilgameshian

Generally speaking my aim here is for light-hearted adventure, some solid action, a side of intrigue, and a nice helping of lewdness potential. I'm personally totally fine with full anthro myself though I'm not going to be running the show. I tend to play elves anyways.

And as an aside, no. I'm not going to fuck the troll queen. The smart solution is to seduce the princess she took from a nearby kingdom then work my way into power *chaotic neutral laughing*.

I'm kidding. Mostly.
March 2020: Working Retail + Virus Panic = Brain not work so good. Expect slow intermittent replies as sanity slowly drains and is returned.

Haybuck

Quote from: Gilgameshian on July 16, 2018, 03:51:13 PM
Generally speaking my aim here is for light-hearted adventure, some solid action, a side of intrigue, and a nice helping of lewdness potential. I'm personally totally fine with full anthro myself though I'm not going to be running the show. I tend to play elves anyways.

And as an aside, no. I'm not going to fuck the troll queen. The smart solution is to seduce the princess she took from a nearby kingdom then work my way into power *chaotic neutral laughing*.

I'm kidding. Mostly.

Neutral Evil is the way to go man, trust me. >.>
<.<

Whaaaat?

Gilgameshian

Nah, I'm all about the Lawful Evil if I was going to go evil. Works with parties and abuses the rules to create all manner of delicious scenarios. Fictional tyranny is fun right? Right?

greenknight

When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Chulanowa

While I've not 100% got the adventure down that I want to run, what I can tell you guys thus far is...

• It's going to be set in the Forgotten Realms
All races available, including UA material (and for Haybuck, the "furry" types would be Aarakocra, Centaurs (from UA), Dragonborn, kenku, kobold, lizardfolk, minotaur (UA again), tabaxi, and tortle. So... i guess more scalies than anything. If you want to reskin a race as something and say "there was this wizard who screwed up a polymorph" that's fine too.) Note that the link seems to exclude a few subraces; these are still allowed, if you want 'em. So like, just 'cause Drow or Avorial (UA) aren't under "elf" doesn't mean you can't use 'em.
• All published classes and backgrounds
• Beginning level 2

In fact if you guys want to go ahead and throw out some character ideas, that would really help me pick which of the apparent overabundance of ideas I have to run.

Gilgameshian

I can't say with certainty what race I'll be playing (though as always I lean elf) but I am heavily considering a Warlock with a distinctly martial build. Hexblade is pretty likely for me.

My other choice being some sort of Paladin though that is a secondary choice to be certain.

I like the idea of playing some sort of warrior who likes to claim the women he defeats in some capacity. One of those Ryu from Street Fighter types who wanders the world in search of challenges but, rather than just bow and walk away after a win, he is very much a "to the victor goes the spoils" type. Even if he's a warlock expect less brooding. I'm thinking of the Haunted One background from Curse of Strahd as his background. Something about being cursed with bad luck in his youth in a harrowing event that he's since turned and made into a weapon all it's own somehow if that makes sense?

Chulanowa

A cursed, haunted warlock who like, makes captives of women he defeats in battle? That's an odd spin on "lighthearted," I gotta say...  :D Maybe I'm misunderstanding the "claim the spoils" aspect of it?

Gilgameshian

Oh, no. He's not cursed/haunted in a truth. I didn't quite point that out well. He was cursed at a young age but he trained and eventually that curse became his power. In doing so he went from haunted to relatively normal. A little comically dour at times perhaps and doomed to have small annoyances plague him for a joke now and again though.

I'm not thinking he takes the women captive either. It's sort of like him treating a victory as a chance to claim a prize from the loser. Depending on the loser he might claim some kind of small trophy but in the case of strikingly beautiful women he'd likely attempt to have a night with them because strong foes make for great lovers (in his mind). Maybe that plays into his former curse: He has bad luck with women? He's not going to be going super non-con unless it's a sort of "I'm going to screw the evil out of you somehow".

If that clears it up a little bit.

Chulanowa

A-ha, I think I gotcha. So, as stands, I have two general ideas.

1. You're in the famed city of Waterdeep, to join the famed adventuring company, Acquisitions, Incorporated (urban at least to start, tongue in cheek, franchise opportunities)

2. Your party is out in the world at large to make its own fortunes. After a few setbacks, you've found yourself in the town of Muddale, from which Adventure! surely awaits (open country, more "standard" adventure stuff)

It is of course possible to mix and match a bit, and either way, the party could end up going literally anywhere through play; these are just start points for adventures I have in my head

Gilgameshian

I'd lean towards the second one just because I like the idea of them making a name for themselves first out in the world. A bit more "standard" works for me.

Drowdeviant

My F-list: https://www.f-list.net/c/wolf%20king%20ii
My A/As: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=223237.0 -My RPs and how many I can do at one time

Hamadryad

Ampere

I'm also interested in this idea: something roguish appeals.
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Chulanowa

So that's... Gilgameshian, Haybuck, Drowdeviant, Hamadryad, and Ampere; assuming that you're all still interested, I'm going to go ahead and consider this group full!

Alright so, here's what I'm going with. The intent is a more or less open world situation, where you can go and explore and plunder as you please. i do have some storyline ideas (several in fact) but I don't really have fun leading people by the nose from quest-giver to quest-giver, you know?

[/img]
The World: I'm going with the Forgotten Realms setting, just for pure convenience. If by some wild chance any of you are unfamiliar, it's D&D 5E's "default" setting - high fantasy, mostly Western-style, lots of small towns and cities with wide stretches of wilderness separating them. The gods have an active role in the world and in the lives of the people, magic is commonplace (but not completely ubiquitous; not every town has a Ye Aulde Magick Shoppe). Basically everywhere in the world was once ruled by a series of ancient, now-fallen kingdoms or empires (Forgotten realms, you might say, eh, eh?) that have left ruins and secrets scattered all over the land.

Specific Setting: The environs in and around the town of Muddale, a small community halfway between Daggerford and Secomber on the north shore of the Delimbiyr River. When I say "small" think a population of around 800 or so. Muddale's primary export is historically pottery clay, though recently, wool has begun to become more important. Fishing and lumbering from the Misty Forest on the river's south shore are also important parts of the small town's economy. Its population, though small is hardy; mostly human, with a fair number of dwarves and half-orcs. They've got to be tough because the town has come into conflict with some of the less hospitable locals, from nearby Lizardfolk tribes, to wild elves unhappy with the logging, and even a dragon attack, at least once.

Your Characters: You're a band of adventurers; how you met is up to you, but for whatever reasons you decided to leave your home lives and travel together for wealth and glory! You've overcome some challenges together, had some fun and profits, but you've recently had a harsh setback - maybe you got too ambitious and tried a dungeon that you couldn't handle, or a local lord got upset at you selling wares without paying the Adventurer's Tax, or something like that. Muddale is "on the way" and seems as good a place to hunker down for a while as any...

Your party: I'm looking for a good mix here, at least in terms of party roles; If you guys want to double up on classes, that's fine, so long as they're aiming at different specialties. How you met and what you've been up to is up to you to figure out (or if you really want I can just come up with that myself.) The key is, you've had some times together, at least one 'adventure" as a whole (maybe your latest, didn't-go-so-well one!) and are coming to Muddale as a unit. A mix of genders would be pretty nice as well, to keep it from being a harem situation (I mean, if that's what y'all want to go for I won't stop you, but...  ;) ) I'm looking for a varied cast, and I'd like all of them to have a reason to be, well, essentially mercenary hobos ("Adventurers" as some call them.)

Character creation: I laid out the basics earlier, but just to be more thorough...
• Starting level 2: Maximum hit points for both levels (later levels will be rolled).
• Strong preference for nonevil alignments and religions here.
• Starting gear according to your class and background package, plus a roll on the trinkets chart (in addition to any other trinket you get from class / background) Each of you will also receive a magic item of my choice, to reflect your prior adventures.
• Standard 27-point buy. You can use this calculator to help you out with that stuff. Sheets should be either on Mythweavers, or typed here.
• Any WotC-published class and class option; You can use the Unearthed Arcana "Revised Ranger" if you like, but no other UA class options.
• Any background from the Player's handbook, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide, Xanathar's Lost Notes to Everything else, or Curse of Strahd.
• All races and subraces including those from Unearthed Arcana articles.
• Please keep written backgrounds relatively brief; a couple of paragraphs maximum, noting highlights and low points.
• I admit to being picky on character images; please no RL photos or manipulations, or anime / manga / JRPG-style art.
• This will be going into the Light: Exotic Small Groups forum. Sexual content will be primarily player-driven, though I reserve all rights to pop up with horny NPC's or a dungeon made by a wizard who spellbook pages stuck together, if I feel the need  ;D Plan accordingly.

How's that all sound for everybody?

Gilgameshian

Sounds good to me.

I'm pretty much sure I'm going to make a Hexblade (You said no UA classes but the Warlock's Hexblade subclass from UA is fine if I read that right?). Probably Lawful Neutral. I'll work on it over the next day or so and hash it out.

Chulanowa

Quote from: Gilgameshian on July 22, 2018, 06:28:12 PM
Sounds good to me.

I'm pretty much sure I'm going to make a Hexblade (You said no UA classes but the Warlock's Hexblade subclass from UA is fine if I read that right?). Probably Lawful Neutral. I'll work on it over the next day or so and hash it out.

The hexblade patron was printed in Xanathar's Guide to Everything, so you're good  ;D

Ampere

I'm happy with this - working on a former gladiator turned rogue.
Art is magic delivered from the lie of being truth.

O&O's

Haybuck

I think I bit off a bit more than I can chew. Feel free to give my slot to someone else if anyone else wants to play.