Vampire: the Masquerade {{ST wanted!}}

Started by Narianna, December 31, 2010, 03:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Narianna

Well Braioch, we have 4 yeses and 3 maybes. And someone always ends up pulling out. There's also 13 different clans so I don't think you'd have a problem figuring out a character to play. lol

playfullchick76

Im ready when everyone else is. I dont know whether its better to be newly embraced, or a few months to a year into my new 'life' as a Toreador clan vampire.

Braioch

Quote from: Narianna on January 02, 2011, 01:43:31 AM
Well Braioch, we have 4 yeses and 3 maybes. And someone always ends up pulling out. There's also 13 different clans so I don't think you'd have a problem figuring out a character to play. lol

Can't have two characters from the same clan?
I'm also on Discord (like, all the time), so feel free to ask about that if you want

[tr]
   [td]
[/td]
   [td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Senti

Am I ok to have a Malkavian?

If not... a Gangrel

Kate

Concerning the "God moding" option.

I would prefer if people refrain from God-moding too much.
Its only an option when you are frustrated that your plot isnt moving and feel like posting but can't.
If you have to wait a week or whatever what happens is you dont come back - the immersion is lost.

Storytellers likely will god-mode characters (character preferably dont ... unless under extreme circumstances
where no ST or honorary ST are about to resolve it).

I dont think this will happen as much as some fear. Its just something I dont think bad of if there is a good reason and is done well. Its best done when ending a scene to move to the next..
ie if its safe to assume your moving elsewhere and your with someone (for mutual objective stuff).

EG: You can write

"When both <yourcharacter> and <anotherplayercharacter> finally found the crossroads <yourcharacter> sighed
and threw his hat on the ground in frustration.... "

(ie your god-moding your buddy has moved with you ... )

If <anotherplayercharacter> reads it and thinks "But I wasn't going to I was going to go to City x".. instead of
getting annoyied they write

"Look <yourcharacter>, I have been thinking about this and somethign is urging me to resolve something elsewhere
perhaps we can cross paths later ... but for this thing your on your own" ... says <anotherplayercharacter>
before shaking their hand and turing their horse back in the direction of ...

For the moment I will not permit others to make multiple characters UNTIL they can prove they can role play one.

If you need to do many to enjoy the game - that means that role playing a vampire isn't interesting enough... at least to begin with.

Later you can ... but not initially.

I am not that familiar with all aspects of it so if any can point me towards good wiki link that is good.
I have some idea of sabbats v's Camarilla philosophies - not heaps more - you  can choose whatever
clan / house you like... the more esoteric however the less likely you are to have friends for things that need cooperation (at least initially)

I will have a character thread and IC and ooc up soon.

fallensaviour

Narianna

I'm not going to lock this thread as it is good to keep for drumming up attention/interest for Kate's game. I will check back with it every so often. If anyone is interested in playing in Kate's VtM game, the OOC thread is located here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=93696.0

Narianna

Quote from: Braioch on January 02, 2011, 04:26:38 AM
Can't have two characters from the same clan?

It's up to Kate. I haven't read her OOC thread yet, but I don't see why that would be a problem.

Kate