Inexplicable Happiness

Started by Athos, May 29, 2014, 11:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athos

I’ve always found it amazing the way people can talk so eloquently about feelings. How can they make life seem so orderly, like the natural progression one might find in a novel or a movie? Even though I’ve done it myself, once or twice, you might think that would shed some light on the matter. But it doesn’t. I still have no idea how it happens or why any of us find meaning in it. Life doesn’t follow anything resembling a logical progression. It’s inherently unpredictable, completely illogical and chaotic. And feelings aren’t neat or tidy things. They’re often ugly, abrupt and inexplicable. Maybe that’s why we feel the need to wax poetic; to try and find meaning in the meaningless. I don’t know. Maybe that’s just something I think about. I often wonder if people think the same things as I do. Do they have the same sense of absurdity surrounding life that I do? That’s not to say that I don’t like life. In point of fact, I love it. I just wonder if I’m the only one who thinks these things. I doubt it, there has to be somebody out there who feels the same kinds of things that I do. After all, there’s no such thing in my opinion as a completely original thought. We’re all influenced by something, someone. I find it funny that all this uncertainty makes me happy. Is that weird? Probably. Don’t get me wrong, it also scares the shit out of me, but it also makes me happy. It doesn’t make any sense, does it? But then again, feelings are inexplicable things.

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"

Aislinn

I agree with the general sentiment of your post. I think you are right...that it's human nature to explain what one can't understand. I also think that people sometimes forget that everyone is different and yes, our experiences and relationships with other people influence how we think and who we are.

I know that personally, I'll probably never stop trying to make sense of things....but a part of me is content in the knowledge that in reality, no one ever really is going to have the answers.  ;D
"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Athos

Thanks so much for your comment. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks about these things. :)

Current roleplay status:  Looking for new stories.

"Weep," said Athos, "Weep, heart full of love, youth and life! Alas, I would I could weep like you!"