[EX] Multiple Scene Ideas

Started by GloomCookie, May 01, 2010, 10:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

All ideas are based around a similar theme but if you want to change something or make a suggestion, PM me.  I plan to play all characters listed below, with the person RPing with me playing the role of GM

The Royal Cainian Naval Academy
May 35, 609 A.C.

A small cluster of students stood in their crisp clean uniforms as the group of students and professors dispersed.  Now official officers in the Royal Cainian Navy, the friends were all smiling to one another, and Cheria Barnes said, "So what ships did you get assaigned to?"

Hubert Ozwell adjusted his cap ever so slightly, "The Edward Jenner out in Sector Fourteen.  Medical research ship."

Sophie giggled and pipped up, "You're always so serious Hubert!  I'm assaigned to the Lancer, a destroyer out in the badlands.  Lots of stuff going on out there."

Asbel chuckled and said, "Good for you Sophie.  I'm assaigned to the Seawolf under Admiral Wong's Fifth Fleet.  They're going to have me as a safety officer on the flight deck."

Pascal just stared at Asbel, "That is so cool!  I wish I were going!  But they got me on the Diomedes running convoy duty out along the Scryonos expanse."

Cheria giggled at Pascal's eager response, "Well they have me going to the Invincible to that new planet they found out there.  I'm supposed to help communicate with the locals and keep things on the ball.  What about you, Malik?"

The tall blond said, "I'm on the Triumph as a security officer."

Sophie hugged Malik, "You'll do great!  I'm sure of it!"

A Taste for Flesh
Starring: Hubert Ozwell
Aboard the Edward Jenner, a medical ship assaigned on the frontier to assist planets without established medical facilities or disaster areas, a new strain of virus has been detected.  This strange virus appears to be artificial in nature, no doubt manufactured to infect those of the Royal Star Nation.  Where it came from can be decided on later, but for now the disease is widespread on the surface below.  Armed with a field kit and a hand pistol, Lieutenant Second Class Hubert Ozwell must try and sort through the thousands seeking transit off planet, determining who is infected and who isn't.  He has strict orders to shoot anyone who is infected or tries to get aboard without being tested... but can he do it?

H.M.S. Bounty?
Starring: Sophie
The Lancer is patrolling the badlands, known for rogue colonies where the laws are loose and the women are looser.  But Captain Angelos Tarkin has a strict policy against fraternizing with local women, and confines all crew to the ship during their brief ventures to these colonies to investigate leads of piracy.  The decision isn't a popular one, especially since the Lancer's former captain would often spent quite a bit of time here.  After two trips and no shore leave, the crew begins to grow restless.  After a third and fourth, it comes time for an open mutiny.  Will young Sophie be one of the mutineers?  Or will she help defend her captain against a crew that wants to do things their way?

Combat Pay
Starring: Asbel Lhant
The H.M.S. Seawolf is the pride of the 5th Fleet, serving as flagship for famed Admiral Wong, hero of the Unification Wars.  Part of Admiral Wong's duties is to keep an eye for any lingering rebel forces that didn't fall back in line following their defeat at New Eurasia.  Most see this as a simple assignment, mostly scrubbing the decks and getting to say they were part of Admiral Wong's fleet, which helps bolster their careers.  But on this trip, the rebels decide to try something new, and their target is Admiral Wong.  Will Lieutenant Lhant survive his first voyage?

A Pirate's Life for Me
Starring: Pascal
Pascal is the new assistant load master aboard the Diomedes, a ship built from the frame up to be a warship disguised as a freighter.  Armed with advanced weaponry and military grade engines, the Diomedes has the dual job of hauling freight to far away naval outposts as well as giving pirates a nasty surprise when they attack.  But the ship's been had, this time, and pirates are aware of what she's capable of.  Will young Pascal's young career be cut short by a gang of ruthless cut throats?

Lost in Translation
Starring: Cheria Barnes
3548 Jordani VI, or Almaren as it's known by the locals, is a tropical, jungle world filled with exotic and beautiful plants and animals.  While still fragmented, a large portion of the planet's population is allied under one flag, known as the Morkede Republic.  Part of Cheria's job is to provide translation services for negotiation, as the Morkede Republic is eager to trade for more advanced Cainian wares in exchange for many of their exotic goods.  But somehow, poor Cheria does something that results in her braking a local law, and the crime is punishable by death.  How will our young diplomat talk her way out of this one?

Everyone Dies in the End
Starring: Malik Caesars
The Triumph is as much ship as it is station, and it's a very large place.  Over two kilometers in length, it serves as a mobile trade station for the Cainian Empire, hopping from system to system to help bolster the economies of systems that can't afford permanent stations of their own yet.  As part of his duties as a security officer, Malik must maintain order and fight crime.  While a daunting task already, when several grisly murders occur on the station, all seeming to be related, it's up to Malik to help investigate and try to catch a criminal before he, or she, murders again.

The scenes I have in mind will be rated Extreme for their content.  Not all scenes will involve Extreme Content, but most will.  If you want to suggest a different idea, want to do it in IM, or just have a question or three, PM me.  I look forward to hearing from interested parties.
My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

angeli

*thumbs up* This is a wonderful creation you've got. Compliments!

I want your love and I want your revenge
You and me I could write a bad romance

ONs & OFFs
Apologies & Absences [09.25.2014]

GloomCookie

Quote from: angeli on May 02, 2010, 09:57:33 AM
*thumbs up* This is a wonderful creation you've got. Compliments!

Why thank you.  Anything interest you?
My DeviantArt

GloomCookie

A few people were wondering about the background so here's a bit more information on each character.

Malik Caesars
Homeworld: New Titan
Born the eldest son of a local enforcement officer, Malik grew to his impressive stature due to genetic modification of the planet's early settlers to cope with the 1.3g found on New Titan.  As a child, Malik was quiet and soft spoken, avoiding most people around him and staying to himself.  At the time, it was not known he suffered a mental handicap that the gene modification left in >1% of the population.

As a teenager, Malik was slow to develop, both physically and mentally.  His mental capabilities were bolstered with cybernetic enhancement, enabling him to slightly exceed the intellectual capabilities of many of his peers.  As far as physical development, when Malik did finally begin growing, he didn't stop until he was his impressive stature, and instantly became a star in the athletic fields.

When asked what he would like to do with his life after primary schooling, Malik stated he wanted to become an enforcement officer.  A local recruiting station, however, spotted him and pitched him a scholarship to the Cainian Royal Naval Academy to become an athlete.  Malik signed on, and while a star at the Academy, he was also able to complete the training necessary to become a security officer for the Royal Navy.

Cheria Barnes
Homeworld: Anti
Cheria comes from Anti, and grew up in a fairly normal home.  Her parents were both lawyers, acting as arbitrators for the vast business that flowed through Anti.  It wasn't uncommon for a freighter to arrive plus or minus a few metric tons of goods, and usually one side wanted to avoid losing more money.  Arbitration was a fairly lucrative business on Anti.

However, due to a contract oversight, Cheria's parents were hit with many government fines, and they were forced to liquidate many assets of the business to pay.  This oversight cost Cheria a place in the prestigious Law Academy of Anti, and her parents couldn't afford to keep her around while they tried to get their business back on track.

With very few other options, Cheria joined the Royal Navy, and her natural intelligence granted her a place in the officer corps.  There, her natural affinity for solving problems got her placed on the diplomatic career track, where she would shine.  Her ability to understand multiple languages, many of them common trade languages, would allow her to arbitrate for higher stakes than simply who had to pay for extra goods.

Hubert Ozwell
Homeworld: Imhotep III
Born the youngest son of a mechanic, Hubert faced poverty from a young age.  Always receiving hand-me-downs from his older siblings, Hubert learned that to make things his, he had to make them.  He became very good at tinkering, but he often cut himself on sharp tools or got banged up trying to salvage parts. 

At the age of 11, Hubert contracted tetanus from one too many cuts, and had to be hospitalized.  In the hospital, he saw a nurse trying to get a piece of equipment to work, but it was broken.  When he was able to, he fixed it, but wanted to know what it was used for.  And so began a fascination with medical science, which Hubert took to eagerly.

At the Cainian Royal Naval Academy, Hubert excelled in the field of biomedical research, combining technology and humans together to work more efficiently.  Be it simply raising a chair one inch, or replacing whole limbs with enhanced technology.  His senior design project was a design for a modular replacement arm that was better suited to the changing roles of Naval personnel.

Asbel Lhant
Homeworld: Cainia Prime
Grandson of Grand Admiral Lhant, Asbel grew up in military housing or on ships following his own father, Captain Lhant, about.  Destined to join the Naval Academy since a young age, Asbel was always kept to a strict military standard, from school to home.  He always seemed to make friends, and was eager even as a child.

As the grandson of a prominent admiral, all his achievements were difficult for others to accept without it being labelled as an attempt to gain favor with his prominent lineage.  That's why he chose the Safety Officer track during the Academy... it was still a way into Command track, but it was a field where it was necessary to achieve greatness to get promoted.

Pascal & Sophie
Ages: 10 years
Manufacturer: Artintelligence Corporation - Cainian Prime Division
Pascal and Sophie are artificial constructs.  They were manufactured just prior to the AI Independence Act, which granted self-aware AIs to govern themselves if their use isn't of critical importance to humans.  As a result, Pascal and Sophie were released, together with several other unsold models, to live a life of independence.  The two worked in numerous fields, where Pascal took on the role of inventory control, and Sophie navigation.

After accumulating enough knowledge, the two together enrolled in the Cainian Naval Academy, where they were accepted.  Sophie chose to use her navigational experience to become a navigator for the Navy, whereas Pascal chose to enter Ordinance and Supply.  It was unfortunate the two had to part ways, but each maintains an AI shadow of the other, updated when possible, to act as a sort of ghost in their travels.
My DeviantArt