News:

Main Menu

RIP Steve Jobs

Started by Miyu, October 05, 2011, 09:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyu

Yes my fellows, one of the greatest minds died. Steve Jobs the inventor of Apple company, he created wonders like the Iphone, Ipad, Ipod and all those good stuff we use. May God receives you in his glory RIP Steve Jobs

Callie Del Noire

As big an Apple user/maniac I am.. I shall savor his greatest contribution to humanity.

PIXAR!

He took a big risk setting up a company like Pixar..and it gave us all such lovely stories..I can't say how healthy laughing to the Incredibles, UP and the rest of them made me when I was learning to manage my bipolar issues and deal with the depression of losing my Naval Career.

Thank you Steve.

Caeli

I thought xkcd had a particularly apt tribute for him, titled Eternal Flame:

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Callie Del Noire

Oniya

Quotethe kicker is that the hatemonger-in-training made the announcement to Twitter from her iPhone.

I say that if they don't like Steve Jobs, they should immediately purge their ranks of anything that he had a hand in creating.  I'd go so far as to include Microsoft Windows in that, because if it weren't for the Mac's very popular GUI hitting the streets in 1984, we'd all still probably be typing from a C:\> prompt.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Oniya on October 06, 2011, 07:33:13 PM
I say that if they don't like Steve Jobs, they should immediately purge their ranks of anything that he had a hand in creating.  I'd go so far as to include Microsoft Windows in that, because if it weren't for the Mac's very popular GUI hitting the streets in 1984, we'd all still probably be typing from a C:\> prompt.

Considerng his work in designing computers I think you'd have to roll back to flashing lights and punch tape.

Oniya

Fine by me.  ;D  They'd have to organize their protests by landline phones.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ashe

A seed deep down inside of me sort of feels like sniping out the Wesboro Baptist Church.  I think if I ever found out I had terminal cancer, I'd take one of their "God-blessed" IED's for myself and pretend to join them for a protest as my last act.  >:)

But back to the main story, rest in peace, Steve.  Something to remember is that he was only 21 years old when he started this.  A baby!  And on top of that, he was a college drop-out.  He still managed to work hard and create...well, an empire.  It's a good rags-to-riches story.  He worked hard doing what he enjoyed when he realized traditional education wasn't his thing, and he became the "Apple Guy."

I also agree with Callie on the Pixar part.  While Disney is about princesses and talking animals, Pixar's movies have deep moral values and life lessons.  It's like a friend that lets you cry on his shoulder and tells you a story to relate.

Jag

A Pixar Good Bye: A special goodbye from Steve's old friends at Pixar.

Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Izzie Aditi

Quote from: Michi No Sora on October 07, 2011, 10:47:49 AM
A Pixar Good Bye: A special goodbye from Steve's old friends at Pixar.

Hadn't seen that one yet!
Well, I'm not specifically sad that he died like some people are. I have no personal connection to him but I do believe the world has lost a truly creative and inspiring individual. Despite all the criticism, we cannot deny the changes that have happened because of him (and his employees). Pixar has inspired me to go into illustration, and I hope his legacy will consist of merely creativity, inspiration and getting out of one's comfort zone.
“Redheads are said to be children of the moon, thwarted by the sun, and addicted to sex and sugar.”

Chris Brady

I'm no Apple fan, but I will give credit where it is due.  The touch interface is pure genius, and the Mac is still one of best machines to use straight out of the box.

The world has lost another great man, may his accomplishments last forever.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Beguile's Mistress