News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pathfinder/3.5 DnD game using GUCK and BoEF

Started by Zaer Darkwail, July 06, 2010, 03:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fallensaviour

so how much gp do we get?  and what are rules for hp?

TheVillain

Heh, I'm noticing that the GUCK refers to modifiers and mechanics that it removed entirely.

@fallen - Probably standard for HP and should be in the DMG for gold.

Think I found it, a level 10 character should have 62,000 GP.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

49,000, I had thought. Unless they changed it in Pathfinder...

I also noticed that too, after I spent a few minutes scrolling back and forth looking for the sex tricks that the 'sample encounter' was listed as using...

TheVillain

I think that's for 3.5 DnD, we're using Pathfinder. I'm basing that on the SRD.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

I couldn't find the WBL charts in the PF SRD at all, where are they? I'd love an extra 13K to play with.

Right in Character Creation...i didnt' scroll down far enough. D'oh.

TheVillain

TheGlyphstone

I guess I wasn't expecting to find it, because it's not in the 3.5 SRD. Yay for Pathfinder.

TheVillain

TheVillain

And sheet is done, linked in original post.

And he turned out scarier then I thought he would- but it makes sense. The wandering bad boy who scares people a bit, but there's also an undeniable animal magnetism going on. Without question a dom as well.

Zaer Darkwail

HP is max in first level and then just roll the rest HP (re-roll ones).

Also indeed there is rulewise some ridicullous crossovers in GUCK and BoEF. If you want 'stat boosting' from BoEF we use BoEF rules for stamina and duration of the sex. Also you cannot take 10 with Sexual Prowess check (if it is not part of sex trick, PrC feature etc). I know the spreadsheets are pain in the ass in GUCK so I thinked add the spreadhseets on charsheet section where everyone can quickly check 'how much I need to roll make this woman become aroused, peaked and then climax?'.

As thing usually is that the DC of the aroused etc stuff is based on invidual stuff of the npc's also so I will try write out how much you need to roll or do make person go aroused (or straight peaked etc). Also npc have sex tricks which can counter your efforts. Also to avoid exploit from enduring lover and varied feats/tricks which would you make 'unstoppable sex machine' I rule you need make Con check every hour of straight up sex like in forced march (endurance feat helps to this check). Check increases by +5 with each hour and once failed your fatiqued (and get pens to sexual prowess), then exhausted (if fail second time) and if you fail third time you start take subdual damage in each 5 minutes of sex until you pass out. These checks or dmg is combined with from any climaxes which had occured during that time (I recall after certain number fo climaxes person starts take subdual dmg and temporal wisdom dmg by GUCK rules).

So, quick recovery and such only applies to men to keep themselves hard and 'interested' on sex but despite how much you want have week long sex marathon it's impossible with mortal body.

RubySlippers

Zaer actually both (all) parties can take ten with Sexual Prowess its in the rules to have a "decent relaxed time" making love (or lust) just one party can't. I would think most married folks and couples (or those at orgies) would try for a nice time and not overdo it to last longer and just get off when they can so that is the reason for the rule. And a Rogues 10th Level Skill Mastery could override the rule you can't since it is a class ability of a high level if someone wanted to try it could be a legitimate way around the rule.

And anyway why would one fight not to orgasm, you rest a bit and go to round two.  ;D 
(oops sorry I have a female character men have a harder time getting going like that I would think)

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, if it is in the rules then it can be used but then I would question to need use rules at all and just freeform the scene instead. Also indeed men cannot go off constantly as women could until women are exhausted.

TheGlyphstone

The rules work well as guidelines if you take 10 I guess, just for a general idea of how 'good' the sex is.

I'm a bit confused on the explanation for rulesets though - are we only using the BoEF standards if we want to take advantage of the statboosting feats, and the GUCK if we're not? Or are we using GUCK mechanics, but BoEF guidelines for duration?

For the Sexual Energy sex trick, is that energy storable, or does it have to be discharged/cast immediately during the sex?

Latooni Subota

I still prefer JUST the BoEF, but oh well. My Ranger/Monk was teh greatest seductress in the land! "Oh, so you have vows to be a warrior forever, chaste and such? Yeah, not so much anymore. Get in my bed." :3
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

TheGlyphstone

Some people, you just can't seduce with words. For everyone else, there's Glibness....and Charm Person...and Alter Self...and....forget it, bard magic rocks. ;D

@Zaer: Did you get my PM regarding the Lingering Music feat? As mentioned, I'm quite keen to know if it's translatable into Pathfinder's brutal mutilation of bard song. I need to pick two feats still, but that's the only thing left to fill in on my character besides backstory.

TheVillain

Actually, I just spent a lot of time reading the GUCK to make Jakk and it looks like they really did simplify their sex mechanic quite a bit. Haven't worked out the BoEF mechanics for fuckin' so I don't know if I prefer it, but it's not hard.

During sex, rounds are 1 minute. Every round both parties will make two checks.

The first check sets the Arousal DC. Roll a Sexual Prowess Check. There's a table in the book you compare your results to which gives a modifier. The Arousal DC for that character in that minute is 10 + That Modifier. For example, let's say Jakk rolls a 10 with his Sexual Prowess of +17. He would then have 10 + The Modifier being 8 in this case.

The second check is your character's attempt to hold back their orgasm. Roll a straight Sexual Prowess Check. If they fail to meet the DC set by their partner they move up one sexual condition. If they were normal they become Horny, if they were Horny they become Aroused, if they were Aroused they become Peaked (or Over-Stimulated), and if they were Peaked (or Over-Stimulated) they have an Orgasm. Most of the time people start at Aroused in a sexual encounter. Feats and tricks can give a bonus to this check, +8 in Jakk's case from Enduring Lover, Endurance, and Iron Will. When a woman has an Orgasm she goes back to Aroused- or Peaked if she failed the Sexual Prowess check by 10 or more. When a man has an Orgasm he going down to normal or Horny and can't get to Aroused until a certain amount of time has passed, usually 30 minutes for most men but feats and tricks can change this.

As for how long sex can last, watch the Con scores. At the character's Con score they need to start making Fortitude saves every minute. The DC is 10 + 2 for every previous orgasm the character had that day. Every round after that the DC goes up by one. First failure means the character is Sexual Fatigued, Second Failure means the characters is Exhausted, Third Failure means they pass out.

I would suggest a couple house rules to clean this system up a bit. Women don't Pass Out until after either they have another Orgasm or their partner stops stimulating them, Men automatically Orgasm before becoming sexually fatigued.

So really, I think it's rather simple. Was considering writing up an example encounter to show this. ;P

RubySlippers

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 11, 2010, 08:05:39 AM
Ok, if it is in the rules then it can be used but then I would question to need use rules at all and just freeform the scene instead. Also indeed men cannot go off constantly as women could until women are exhausted.

Not true a woman can still just lay there and be a passive vessel for men to plow the fields of even passed out.   ;)

TheGlyphstone

Personally, I'm leaning towards using the GUCK rules altogether for their simplicity, just modifying the BoEF feats (if anyone takes them) to be a relatively shorter time period per boost - 5 minutes per potential +2 seems about the same time-scale for GUCK standards.

Quote from: TheVillain on July 11, 2010, 12:10:17 PM
Actually, I just spent a lot of time reading the GUCK to make Jakk and it looks like they really did simplify their sex mechanic quite a bit. Haven't worked out the BoEF mechanics for fuckin' so I don't know if I prefer it, but it's not hard.

During sex, rounds are 1 minute. Every round both parties will make two checks.

The first check sets the Arousal DC. Roll a Sexual Prowess Check. There's a table in the book you compare your results to which gives a modifier. The Arousal DC for that character in that minute is 10 + That Modifier + Any Tricks Or Feats that apply. For example, let's say Jakk rolls a 10 with his Sexual Prowess of +17. He would then have 10 + The Modifier being 8 in this case + 12 for having Enduring Lover 3 times which gives 2 each, Endurance which gives 4, and Iron Will which gives 2. DC 30.

The second check is your character's attempt to hold back their orgasm. Roll a straight Sexual Prowess Check. If they fail to meet the DC set by their partner they move up one sexual condition. If they were normal they become Horny, if they were Horny they become Aroused, if they were Aroused they become Peaked (or Over-Stimulated), and if they were Peaked (or Over-Stimulated) they have an Orgasm. Most of the time people start at Aroused in a sexual encounter. When a woman has an Orgasm she goes back to Aroused- or Peaked if she failed the Sexual Prowess check by 10 or more. When a man has an Orgasm he going down to normal or Horny and can't get to Aroused until a certain amount of time has passed, usually 30 minutes for most men but feats and tricks can change this.

As for how long sex can last, watch the Con scores. At the character's Con score they need to start making Fortitude saves every minute. The DC is 10 + 2 for every previous orgasm the character had that day. Every round after that the DC goes up by one. First failure means the character is Sexual Fatigued, Second Failure means the characters is Exhausted, Third Failure means they pass out.

I would suggest a couple house rules to clean this system up a bit. Women don't Pass Out until after either they have another Orgasm or their partner stops stimulating them, Men automatically Orgasm before becoming sexually fatigued.

So really, I think it's rather simple. Was considering writing up an example encounter to show this. ;P

I think you've got the first step mixed up a bit...the Arousal DC is set at 10+the bonus granted by the partner's Sexual Prowess check, assuming no modifiers from sex tricks. Endurance, Iron Will and Enduring Lover add the character's bonus to the save, not to the DC. From what I read, it goes like this:

1. Jakk goes to seduce Jill. He can become aroused as a free action, but she isn't ready yet. He whispers sweet nothings in her ear, getting a 22 on his Diplomacy check, and she fails her Will save against becoming aroused.

2. They get down and dirty, Jakk makes a Sexual Prowess check and gets a respectable 25. This adds a +8, so Jill's Constitution check DC is 18 vs. becoming Peaked. Jill makes her own check and gets a 22, making Jakk's Constitution check DC a 16. He has Enduring Lover, Iron Will, and Endurance, though, so he gets a +8 bonus on his roll to resist becoming Peaked (Enduring Lover can't be taken multiple times, unless I missed something).

3. If either fails the check, they become Peaked. Repeat step 2 until one or both of them fails two Arousal saves in a row, at which point they orgasm. After Jill orgasms, she is Aroused for 1d4 minutes unless she failed the save by 10 or more, in which case she is still Peaked. After Jakk orgasms, he is Fatigued for 2d6 minutes.

BenedictWolfe

Quote from: RubySlippers on July 11, 2010, 12:13:47 PM
Not true a woman can still just lay there and be a passive vessel for men to plow the fields of even passed out.   ;)

Oh Ruby; you have such a way with words  :-*

Latooni Subota

I'm floating around a +22 to my Sexy Time checks, depending on this and that. Not bad, I suppose. Not as good as Tama's LEGENDARY POWERS OF LUST . . but still. Not bad. ;)
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

TheVillain

Wording is kind of vague to me so I'll give you one of those points, that the bonuses go toward your own check to beat the Arousal DC instead of your own DC.

But I have too disagree with you on the idea that it takes failing 2 arousal checks in a row to orgasm. I have it right here, and it says once you hit Peaked you only need to fail One more Arousal Check.

@And agreed, Ruby is naughty.

Edit:- Also, you may be right about it only being takable once but I ran out of things I wanted him to have. Think I thought of something though so I'll go make the corrections.

TheGlyphstone

Sorry, I was unclear. The first Arousal check is to bring you from Aroused to Peaked. The second check tips you from Peaked to Orgasm. That's what I meant by 'two checks in a row'.

TheVillain

Ah, but even then it doesn't have to be in a row. There's a grace period, you just need to make the Orgasm in 1d4 rounds after peaked if I recall correctly.

TheGlyphstone

Hm, you're right...I hadn't noticed that the sex rules use 1 minute as a 'round'. 3.5 has a round going for 6 seconds, it was 2nd ed where a round was 1 minute. That had me a bit confoozled.

Incidentally, shouldn't we be starting to brag about our prodigious skill in bed to each other? There are manly stereotypes to be upheld, after all.

TheVillain

Of course, and just in case someone feels like enforcing the the "Enduring Lover Trick only allowed once" I traded two of them out for Species Focus. And I'm probably the first person in the history of the guide to take Species Focus (Orcs).

What? Jakk's a Half-Orc raised as an Orc- he's going to have different standards of beauty.