Life at the Ludus [Ancient Rome]

Started by Blonde, September 18, 2012, 03:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blonde

LUDUS GLADIATORIUS
ooc

Gladiator, an armed combatant who entertained audiences in the Roman Republic and Roman Empire in violent confrontations with other gladiators, wild animals, and condemned criminals. Some gladiators were volunteers who risked their legal and social standing and their lives by appearing in the arena. Most were despised as slaves, schooled under harsh conditions, socially marginalized, and segregated even in death.

Irrespective of their origin, gladiators offered audiences an example of Rome's martial ethics and, in fighting or dying well, they could inspire admiration and popular acclaim. They were celebrated in high and low art, and their value as entertainers was commemorated in precious and commonplace objects throughout the Roman world.

Men would sell themselves into slavery, hoping to work their way free from debt. Captured soldiers of opposing land would be sold on the market, condemned to the arena. Convicts and criminals would be sentenced to pay for their crimes with their lives. Their origin was not guaranteed, but what was, was that majority would never see freedom again.

The Ludus, a school of training for Gladiators.

Ran and trained by the rigid Lanista, there strengths were tested every day. They're subjected to rigorous training, fed on a high-energy diet, and given expert medical attention. Forced to take an oath before the shrine of the Gods, they swear their lives to the arena.

AND THIS WILL BE THE SETTING FOR OUR STORY

MALE CHARACTERS NEEDED!

Right. Well I am looking to set up a role play set in Ancient Rome, focussing around the trials and troubles of the slaves and Gladiators that worked and lived within a Ludus. There will be violence, drama and of course total lack of freedom for our characters. And of course there will be sex. I will be opening up a few female positions (as slaves, or you can create a second character as a whore that frequents the Ludus) and of course also same sex encounters happened. I will bend history a little, and have the slaves used as entertainment for the Gladiators. Romance can happen, or you can keep it just fucking.

- Please post at least two paragraphs per post/character.
- Know something about Ancient Rome.
- Have a dirty mind, as dirty sex will happen.
- Nothing anime, emo or scene please.
- PM or ask any questions you have.
- If it gets a lot of interest, then I will open up more characters/

Blonde - Female slave, personal slave to the Domina.
GaggedLouise - Female slave
Kate - Female slave
whtbitch4u2own - Female slave

Elven Sex Goddess - Domina, wife to the Lanista.
Primarch - Lanista

azzmeister89 - Male Gladiator
MagicalPen- Male Gladiator

On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

azzmeister89

BlackestKnight

I think I'll throw my hat in this roleplay as a gladiator

MzHyde

My knowledge of ancient Rome comes entirely from Civ V and the game Gladius for PS2. Does that count? :P

azzmeister89

all you really need to know about rome is they had slaves, fucked alot and stabbed each other in the back just as often if not more, that about sums the romans up really

azzmeister89

apart from the constant risk of death i have to say gladiators lived a pretty good life, you kill someone and they let you drink and fuck, not a bad way for a slave to live, haha

MagicalPen

Based on some of the more idiotic comments on here, I think some of you need to go back and read some history books on Rome. >.<

The Sparatcus TV series is quite entertaining, but is quite far from the truth. Titties weren't swaying in the wind like they are in Spartacus.

At any rate, I'd be interested in playing a more plausible Gladiator.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

azzmeister89

awwww way to ruin my historical fantasies pen..... :P haha just kidding but its more fun to imagine that's the way it was right?

whtbitch4u2own

Color me interested as a Female slave!
~White~
Offsite Contact info:
Gmail: jenwishuknew
Discord: jenwishuknew#6959

Kristen

Quote from: MagicalPen on September 18, 2012, 05:04:10 PM
Based on some of the more idiotic comments on here, I think some of you need to go back and read some history books on Rome. >.<

The Sparatcus TV series is quite entertaining, but is quite far from the truth. Titties weren't swaying in the wind like they are in Spartacus.

Pen is absolutely right. The story of Spartacus (Starz) is actually based on the 'privacy' of a secluded Ludus. This allows alot of creative license to be applied. For all of it's marvellous action and entertaining erotica, it's designed for Drama and contrast of characters. That being said... the comment above made that Gladiators were treated as 'Celebrities' are not far off either. They were more or less treated like professional Athletes.

Most Gladiators would actually fight once or twice a year in a very established main event. That's actually how alot of the 'Undefeated' match-ups were able to be sold so constantly. A gladiator could have won six fights... and he would be sold as 'Undefeated in 3 years!' because of the simple fact that he only fought twice a year.

I love the idea of an isolated setting giving the master of the household (and thus the guards as well) a little more license to make additional use of the slaves in the house.

If you're looking for a dominant application, I would love to RP a character like Crassus.

Crassus was one of the 3 most powerful men in Rome at the same time as Pompey and Caesar. Sadly for Crassus, Pompey had already fought numerous battles and earned popularity for his work in Spain while Caesar was an upstart at the time. Crassus was Rome's wealthiest man bar none at his time. He was known for his real estate deals which often included having teams of men to put out fires and buying houses at great discounts (70-80%). He was also suspected later in history of having teams of men set fire to those same houses based on how he could always show up on time to make an offer.

His offer was simple, he would buy the burning house and would give the family 20%-30% compensation of the entirety of their would-be-loss. When they accepted it, he had his men put out the fire... he fixed it up, and sold it at an incredible profit. If the family would not sell... he simply let the fire reduce the house to rubble. If they took too long to accept his offer that he figured there would be too much damage to make his re-sell profit, he simply abandoned the deal.

Crassus most famous quote was that no man was rich enough until he could buy an Army and still have wealth left over. Without many a spoiler being given lol... Crassus was given 4 legions by the Roman Senate to go and fight Spartacus and in addition, out of his pocket, he paid to feed and equip 6 new legions himself. This was done, of course... after the Senate approved the 4 legions given to him. He wouldn't risk doing this and having Rome say: "Well... maybe we don't have to give him men" lol. Similarly... he'd have a hard time raising the interest from 6 legions worth of Roman soldiers if he didn't have the backing of the Senate.

Spartacus had been doing incredible... and Crassus was determined that this would be his way of solidifying political standing in Rome.

If you're looking for a dominant character to play the master of a house... I could certainly play a Crassus role lol. I'd love to know what you think.

- Kristen -
Ons/Offs | (NEW) Apologies and Absences

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: MagicalPen on September 18, 2012, 05:04:10 PM

The Romans seem to be relaxed in the sense of sexuality and expressing such.  The sexual art uncovered in Pompeii reveals such.    Did they spend days in constant orgies.   Likely not,  my thought would be most in middle and lower castes of society worried about where their next meal was coming from.    In the show,  Varro placing himself indentured to provide for his family and pay off debt is a represents such.   

Still the lens you color your lens of looking at the history of Rome is colored by a puritanical view point.     Nudity in ancient Greece is often come across  from the athletes of the ancient Olympia.   Rome seem to take and emulate from Greek culture.   They even took the pantheon of gods.   As well bikini style outfits are not a latter 20th century creation.   As depicted on mosaics, through the top is not really a bra but more a wrap. 

Anyways  if have such opinions  it should not be expressed in a seeker thread.  There are other sections on this board that one can create a thread and open up a active debate on such in a proper arena on the forum.     

Finally color me interested in on joining in this.  If there are still openings as one of the slave women of the ludus.

Blonde

Thanks all for your interest.

Just want to say a few things and then I will post a character sheet for those interested, and i'll try and keep the genders even and what not.

Firstly, whilst I want to keep things as close to history as we can, there is no way that a role play can be kept accurate and to the books. So please, I do not want anyone correcting others. If someone posts asking for information, then by all means help them out.  However, correcting people and going "Well actually..." makes a person look like a smart arse and arrogant. It's a role play, it's a story for fun. Believe me I am a huge history nut and Ancient Rome is one of my favourites, but yeah, let's just go with it. So long as you keep it realistic, and don't go being silly.

Secondly, yes Gladiator's were like celebrities in a way, but not in the way we look at our celebs and sports stars. These men were there for entertainment, but they were in the arena to die. Women would pay to sleep with them, sometimes their sweat was sold on the market. If you need an answers just Google it, honestly the internet is full of information.

Thirdly, this roleplay will be set within the Ludus. Now, I would like a variety of Gladiator's in this. Perhaps a prized fighter, a new slave, someone who has only battled once, someone who has battled a thousand times and still not gained freedom. Variety is good. It will get a bit boring if everybody was the same.

Fourthly, there are no limits in this role play. Racism will happen, sexism will happen, rape will happen, violence will happen. If you cannot handle this, it is best you do not join. They're only written words, no offence should be taken in them. This will be a very mature role play so those who don't get offended easily are best suited.

If you are all still here and interested, then below is the character sheet and fill it out :)

INTERESTED PARTIES

Blonde - Slave
whtbitch4u2own - Slave

Elven Sex Goddess - Lanista

Azzmeister - Gladiator
Vergil -  Gladiator
Magic Pen - Gladiator

CHARACTER SHEET

[b]Appearance:[/b] Yes a picture, there are thousands out there.
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]

[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Blemishes: [/b]Tattoos, scars, brands. Once we have the name of the house they will be branded with that.

[b]Personality: List good and bad qualities, and please [b]do not[/b] make your character cliche and over the top
[b]Biography: Include how your character became a slave and how they ended up as a Gladiator in this specific house.

[b]Other:[/b]

MzHyde

I'm not joining in on this, I just wanted to comment. Sorry for the confusion.

MagicalPen

I am basing my character off of Gannicus, though using a different name.

ESG - Yes, I've been to Pompeii, but those images appear in the 'Brothel'. I had a good little chuckle at the various positions that were depicted. They certainly didn't beat around the bush! I do agree that sexuality and nudity was viewed differently back then, but not in the way its depicted in Spartacus. People covered up in public and at events, they didn't have wild orgies in the stands or flash their titties everywhere. I do know the Greeks wrestled nude as well - though I have to admit I never knew about the females in 'bikinis' which is quite interesting to look at. At the same time, unlike the modern world, the Ancient World didn't have all these different types of materials or clothes or uniforms (so to speak) which is probably why there were a little more open to nudity.

Appearance:
Name: Brennus

Role: Gladiator
Orientation: Straight
Nationality: Celtic, Iceni Tribe

Height: 5'10"
Weight: 175lbs
Blemishes: A few scars on arms and chest and back, House Brand on left shoulder

Personality: Brennus has a love for Wine and Women. His is also arrogant and cocky, but does have a sense of honor which starts to show through more and more in battle. Brennus also has a love for battle itself, excelling in the Arena where many do not. He comes across as being free of all worries and has a general disregard for his own life.

Biography: Brennus is well versed in the fighting styles of the Dimachaeri and Pankration, which he combines in the Arena. Brennus has always been a fighter. As a member of the Iceni Tribe in Britannia he was first and foremost a warrior. It wasn't until his tribe were defeated by the Romans that he was captured and due to his stature as a warrior was sold into slavery to become a Gladiator in Rome. As a Gladiator, he has honed his abilities and used his bloodlust to his advantage in the Arena, quickly gaining fame - from his wins and his looks.

Brennus has let both get to his head, enjoying the rewards lavished on him. He knows that at any moment a Gladiator can die so instead of brooding over such a fact he has decided to live life to its fullest, not caring about the small things. Others are put off by his recklessness and his seeming will to die but it in fact seems to help him with the Gladiator life. He does think about freedom and harbors secret hopes of eventually winning his freedom to live as a freeman.

Other:

I can add more as needed if you like.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

azzmeister89

Appearance: http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=spartacus&start=236&hl=en&safe=off&biw=1440&bih=740&addh=36&tbm=isch&tbnid=wxgU9XftpnwHfM:&imgrefurl=http://www.thetvaddict.com/2012/04/06/spartacus-post-mortem-steven-s-deknight-explains-all-those-bloody-shocking-second-season-finale-deaths/&docid=0kMFEbvVDytirM&imgurl=http://www.thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/spartacus_vengeance.jpg&w=385&h=430&ei=5QJaUJ72OIqU0QWpnoCQBg&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=710&vpy=138&dur=1011&hovh=237&hovw=212&tx=130&ty=113&sig=111797263833808697974&page=11&tbnh=171&tbnw=171&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:236,i:166
Name: Reynik

Nationality: roman/egyptian

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 172lbs
Blemishes: he has three scars on his chest from a lion

Personality: quiet and humble he does not think of his victories the same way others do. he changes drastically in the arena, fighting like a ferocious animal, he is often described as a beast let from its leash
Biography: His father was a roman Lanista and his mother a slave girl from Egypt, like with most masters he liked to take his slaves and one day got his Egyptian beauty pregnant.
when his wife discovered this she sent the slave away, selling her to a more poor Lanista who forced his Gladiators to fuck the slaves so that he would never have to buy more, just breed them.
growing up Reynik was given training as a Gladiator from the time he could stand, by age fifteen he could fight and occasionally win against his masters best warriors. one day whilst accompanying his master to market a competitor faked an accident and let a wild lion that was being transported to the arena free in the city, Reynik who had no weapon jumped in to stop it killing people, he was able to kill the lion by ripping out a tooth and stabbing it with it, however he got the three scars on his chest as a momentum. thankful with his young slave the master spent the last of there gold forging two short blades for him that had been shaped to look like lions teeth, the handles are made of ivory and the blades of a steal better then any weapon used in the legions.
soon after his master went bankrupt and all his slaves, including Reynik were sold, he has yet to fight a battle for his new master and has only fought one in the past, he knows nothing of where his mother was taken and only hopes the prized blades were bought with him ready to use in the arena.

Other:

Blonde

GEILA

Slave
Straight
German

5'2 | 102 lbs

Geila has a collection of scars on her back from flogging when she was first captured, in her struggle to escape. She is also branded on her right shoulder with the mark of the house.

Personality: List good and bad qualities, and please do not make your character cliche and over the top
Biography: Include how your character became a slave and how they ended up as a Gladiator in this specific house.

Other:

TO BE COMPLETED

[/font]

Elven Sex Goddess

Appearance:
Name:  Julia

Role: The lanista's wife of the ludus.
Orientation:  Bi-sexual
Nationality:  Roman

Height:  5'4"
Weight: 145 lbs
Blemishes:   None,  through her breasts not overly large are slightly larger then the norm of what transpires of the day as being a feature of beauty amongst cives of Rome.

Personality:   Julia personality quite normal within the parameters of the society she exists in.   Both complex and simple at the same time.   Where she might find a moral ledge she would not go over with a peer.   A slave through are viewed as property.   
Biography:   Re-write coming.
Other:   

MagicalPen

Love your choice of picture, Blonde...now I am thinking about GOT >.<

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Blonde

Sorry Elven. As stated in the first post, the lanista is male. You can play as his wife if you want, but I am after an older male lanista. Sorry sweet.

Kate

Name: Lionara
Role: Slave
Orientation: Bi
Nationality: Spain

Height: 5'9
Weight: 120 lbs
Blemishes:

Personality:

Charming, well spoken and graceful Lionara is very intelligent and often manipulative even by Roman standards. She secretly has several plans that she puts energy towards, her freedom from Rome, marriage to someone that is powerful or being a leader of what predicament she is in. As yet none have come into fruition.

Biography:

Lionara used to be a daughter of a wealthy merchant before they fell out of favor for political reasons that were not explained to her. She has secreted a handful of gemstones and hopes to use them to bribe any that can set her free of Rome. She is quick witted which has saved her skin many times as well as the discovery of her gems, but like most slaves is not eactly happy with her predicament. She is concerned about making too strong a connections with other slaves in case their welfare is used to blackmail her at a later point. All her plans don't rest in her hidden  gems however, for she does seek to be able to be a leader of the slaves, preferring to command there actions and behavior than be commanded by them. Her doing a better job than most she  often hints at to those with ears to listen. Often though her plans are thwarted by the drunkenness of those who do.

gaggedLouise

Very interesting - might well join this as a slave woman (who will both have to work hard and find herself embroiled in various erotic positions and manipulations...). I really like the ancient world and have been looking around for RP's in this kind of setting. I think I'll be back with a character sheet within a few days.

Good girl but bad  -- Proud sister of the amazing, blackberry-sweet Violet Girl

Sometimes bound and cuntrolled, sometimes free and easy 

"I'm a pretty good cook, I'm sitting on my groceries.
Come up to my kitchen, I'll show you my best recipes"

Primarch

Has the spot for the lanista been claimed? If not I just might be able to put something together.

*Edit, looks like its not. I'll start working on this:

Name: Augustus Magnus

Role: Lanista
Nationality: Roman

Height: 6"1
Weight: 200 lbs
Blemishes: None

Personality: Like many individuals, Augustus has many sides to his personality. To his closest friends he is considered kind and sociable, in his youth he was outright boisterous but those days are behind him as age has cooled his demeanour. He is a man that has expectations based on ones station, and in that he is a reasonable man. If a slave has been ordered to clean a room, but finds the guards have locked it and barred the way, there is nothing that slave can do until the way is opened. He finds no fault in the slave (not to say he won't find another task for that slave), but if the Captain of his Household Guard were to allow a slave to escape, that Guard has significant power in the house and it well paid, he would be wise to worry about his status in the world of the living, or at least as a respected member of staff.

Although he appears to put rewards upon those slaves that serve him well (most notably Gladiators that make him lots of money and earn him positive attention) in generally he seems to see slaves as much as livestock as a cow or chicken and will sell one on or put one down. His favoured female slaves get to assist his wife and serve as his body slave, while the others tend to the less savory tasks, including a victorious gladiator.

Biography: Include how your character became a slave and how they ended up as a Gladiator in this specific house.

Other:

bubby

Blonde

Sorry I have been absent guys, new man and work and college etc, I've just had no time.

Anywho, profiles are looking good so far, if everyone can finish up tonight I can get us started tomorrow.

azzmeister89

whtbitch4u2own

I'll have mine up later today or tomorrow the latest. Didn't hear anything on the thread so i didn't know where we were standing
~White~
Offsite Contact info:
Gmail: jenwishuknew
Discord: jenwishuknew#6959

bubby

I was wondering if my PM was received?

gaggedLouise

Name: Lydia

Picture here
Role: Slave
Origin: Lycia (present-day SW Turkey, east of Rhodes)
Orientation: Bi, mostly leaning towards women
Measures: 5' 7", 130 lbs. Body shape curvy, well proportioned body; well-rounded butt and breasts but not overly large.

Blemishes: no major ones on her body. Her hands are sturdy and a bit boney, not delicately feminine, and sometimes look slightly rough - she had big hands to begin with and has done some hard manual work, also she's sometimes been punished in ways that were straining on her hands, but they are agile, finely tuned and eager for work. On the inside of her right knee, a branding mark from an earlier owner, which is now smudged and looks like a faint nest of welts.

History: The younger of two daughters of a shipbuilder and merchant in SW Asia Minor, Lydia grew up in some comfort; she was taught to read and write Greek (her native language) and read and speak Latin, though she doesn't write in Latin beyond simple, short messages. The family were Roman citizens, which brought social and legal privileges (remember Paul being one?) and her father traded in wine, tools, spices and slaves. But everything changed when Lydia was fifteen and her father took part in an attempt to make the Roman procurator recognize some pre-Roman city rights and make him and the soldiers work in more understanding with the local middle class and farmers. After heated negotiations and protests, the situation erupted into urban riots, city fighting and a smear campaign against the procurator. The protests were clamped down by the invincible Roman legion and Lydia's father was executed together with dozens of other leading men, her mother and the children sold as slaves and the family soon scattered out across the empire. Lydia was called on to teach and take care of the children of a family in northern Africa but after about two years fell out with the father, having been in a secret liaison with his wife; she was flogged and sold off to northern Gaul where she had to do tough farm work and was branded by her new owner, who also raped her and occasionlly let his other male slaves use her.

Having been raped and abused a couple times, but still looking very good, Lydia is more orientated towards women but she also realizes to herself that she sometimes gets off on being treated rough, something she knows she has to hide, especially when she is with those who have no trouble acting that way.
After one or two more owners Lydia has landed at the gladiator school, where she has been doing work both helping to cook and sometimes serve and perhaps do some secretarial work for the lanista when he needs someone with fluency in reading/writing Greek (although many educated Romans had some knowledge of Greek and the really educated men were taught it). She is also sometimes employed as a dancer during breaks at "showcases" of the school when it stages days of show fights for rich buyers and so on, and has been requested for sex a few times by some of the gladiators, with the blessing of the lanista.

Personality: Strong and intelligent, longing for love but also sometimes for sex. She has a strong survival instinct and is able to take some beatings and trouble on the way to reaching a goal; she is also a caring young woman but she has seen it turn against her a few times of course. Sometimes melancholic and locking in on her own feelings: the cruel, violent downfall of her family and some of her friends and the loss of contact with her mother and siblings have left a mark on her. She has dreams of becoming a free woman again. but realizes that's not very likely to happen here at the Ludus.

Blonde

Right.

Female positions are closed for now, we're out numbering the boys a bit here.

We need male Gladiators, perhaps a Doctore, maybe a Guard or slave, but we need more male characters now.

Blonde - Female slave, personal slave to the Domina.
GaggedLouise - Female slave
Kate - Female slave
whtbitch4u2own - Female slave

Elven Sex Goddess - Domina, wife to the Lanista.
Primarch - Lanista

azzmeister89 - Male Gladiator
MagicalPen- Male Gladiator

Five females, and only three guys? This isn't good, it'll get a wee bit boring. So we need some more male characters involved.

Caitlin

Oh cool, I was afraid that the gladiator positions were already taken. Originally I had made a sign up, but then removed it when I had the impression that I wouldn't be able to join.

The character I'm thinking of is a captured tribesman, from the area were later the Vikings originated from (northern Denmark to be more precise). The idea I had for my character was that he'd suffer from a post traumatic stress syndrome, after the Romans slaughtered most of his villagers/ family/ friends before his very eyes and he was helpless to stop them.  This in turn results in unpredictable and agressive behaviour, and grabbing a bottle of alcohol whenever possible, although he'll try to hide his weaknesses. It won't be just doom and gloom though, maybe a woman or two will be able to get his mind of his issues and help him relax. ;)

Ancient Rome has been a general interest of me since high school and I learned a fair deal of it. Additionally, Gladiator is one of my favourite movies and I watched the first season of Blood and Sand. I want to create a realistic character, but I agree on taking the creative liberties when necessary. ;D

I'd also like my character to know a thing or two about healing cuts and setting broken bones. I want him to be more than just a 'standard' tribe warrior. It could help resolve the need for a separate doctor, although my character wouldn't know much about healing herbs and curing all sorts of ailments and sicknesses. He also won't be able to operate on patients who sustained internal damage.

I do have one request though; although there are many pictures out there, I prefer to give a text description of my character. Finding a picture that does my character justice will be near impossible to find and I don't want to conform my character just to match a picture.

If you're okay with that request then I'll fill in the full template this midday. I expect to post every 24 - 48 hours, also depending on how often others update their posts.

Blonde

Quote from: Caitlin on October 01, 2012, 05:50:38 AM
Oh cool, I was afraid that the gladiator positions were already taken. Originally I had made a sign up, but then removed it when I had the impression that I wouldn't be able to join.

The character I'm thinking of is a captured tribesman, from the area were later the Vikings originated from (northern Denmark to be more precise). The idea I had for my character was that he'd suffer from a post traumatic stress syndrome, after the Romans slaughtered most of his villagers/ family/ friends before his very eyes and he was helpless to stop them.  This in turn results in unpredictable and agressive behaviour, and grabbing a bottle of alcohol whenever possible, although he'll try to hide his weaknesses. It won't be just doom and gloom though, maybe a woman or two will be able to get his mind of his issues and help him relax. ;)

Ancient Rome has been a general interest of me since high school and I learned a fair deal of it. Additionally, Gladiator is one of my favourite movies and I watched the first season of Blood and Sand. I want to create a realistic character, but I agree on taking the creative liberties when necessary. ;D

I'd also like my character to know a thing or two about healing cuts and setting broken bones. I want him to be more than just a 'standard' tribe warrior. It could help resolve the need for a separate doctor, although my character wouldn't know much about healing herbs and curing all sorts of ailments and sicknesses. He also won't be able to operate on patients who sustained internal damage.

I do have one request though; although there are many pictures out there, I prefer to give a text description of my character. Finding a picture that does my character justice will be near impossible to find and I don't want to conform my character just to match a picture.

If you're okay with that request then I'll fill in the full template this midday. I expect to post every 24 - 48 hours, also depending on how often others update their posts.

Big thumbs up to all of that. The reason I ask for a picture is usually when people do a written description of their character they just say "5'9, 158lbs, dark hair and dark eyes" and that doesn't really give anyone a good idea of the characters image. So, so long as you give a full and detailed description of your character, you don't have to use a picture. I like that you're going to give him his own personal demons to deal with, it'll make for a more interesting read. So yeah, go for it and post him up.

I am going to sort out and finish my character now.

gaggedLouise

Really like Caitlin's character too, and as I already told him in pm, I think that guy and Lydia are going to have a number of interesting encounters both in and out of bed.

Caitlin

Oi, sweet. ^_^

And yeah, no worries about my character description. I'll give an overview of his stats and I'm thinking of writing a short story that allows you to picture him better. I'll probably put that in his biography and make the biography more of an introduction story. Will be tough to keep that short, haha! ;D

I'll leave out childhood details in the biography, but those will get added later on through flashbacks during the actual RP. That way I don't have to flesh him out completely at the start, and it'll make for a better story.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I roll a char into this :).

Name: Leonidas

Orientation: Switch
Nationality: Roman (Greek mother)

Height: 5'9'ft
Weight: 190lb
Blemishes: None, no scars, no blemishes, no tattoos. Only years use of sword practices covers his hands and soles of his feet from marching.

Personality: Leonidas is civilsized, educated, patriotic and well educated manners. But all these are forgotten if he is angered, his temper is not easy to tick off but once it's ticked off he looses all resemblance of control and goes berserk.
Biography: Leonidas is son of primus pilus, a seasoned roman empire soldier who has advanced such high rank. His mother, a greek in origin, was infamous in way as she was actress and screenwriter for roman plays. But she was far from much disputed role as whore; she was well educated woman who taught read, write and many other advanced educational arts to Leonidas and appreciation to arts. Leonidas however wanted career as soldier and thanks with his father's position he got early on training into arts of legionnaire.

He rised easily up to optio but sadly under command of a man who had earned his position because of connections than actual talent. He read orders from legatus legionis which commanded the cohort remain still while main army went to attack walls and ranshack a city. However his centurion decided ignore the orders and instead led his soldiers for pillage, but thanks him moving off the line the left flank was unprotected and it caused calvary unit charge head long to rear of roman army and forced a withdraw and delayed whole campaign! Commander what Leonidas served refused take responsibility and using connections and burning original orders he told Leonidas had told orders to go forward.....it led Leonidas convicted as traitor who had purpose misread letter to send enemy forces to rear thanks with false evidence of his alliance in his tent in form of foreign gold.

So he was convicted and his father and mother ashamed publicly he was given choice of two sentences; death or life as gladiator. He chose life as gladiator even if slim chances of survival in there but with mild distant hopes to win freedom or able buy time for his friends or father investigate the case more properly.

Other: Leonidas is intended to be freshman to the arena and he was almost green legionnaire soldier, only received first bloodbath early on and even then in easy fight. He is meant as 'young and pretty' gladiator and probably seen easily as boy because he does not shave at all yet (smooth chin and all).

Caitlin

Looks like the balance is restored with 5 women and 5 men. :-)

I don't know if you want more people to join the game Blonde, but you might want to watch out of having too many people join up. It can be a chaotic game and if additional characters are really needed then I'm sure somebody could (temporarily) roleplay an additional NPC. I would be okay with occasionally roleplaying a doctor if medical attention is really needed. He could be living in a nearby village, what would explain why he's not constantly in the Ludus and only joins the story when his services are needed.

We could deal with guards and other (male) slaves in a similar way. Maybe it would be an idea if you write a short bio for them and perhaps gather some pictures of what you envision them to look like?

Please note, all of the above are merely suggestions. If you rather wait for more people to join up then do so. ^_^

Blonde

I normally don't like group rp's with more than 6 people involved, including myself. This is the first time I have allowed one of my rp's to have so many people involved. I can guarantee a few will drop out though.

But yeah, this rp is officially closed. I will create some puppet characters at some point also.

Please work on finishing your profiles asap. I will post the IC thread at some point, and you can only post in it when your character is finished.

Caitlin

Understood. :-)

Once I finished my fitness training this midday and had something to eat, I'll sit down and work on my biography. I have some other tasks I need to do tonight as well, but I expect to have my biography ready before 9 pm your time.

Caitlin

By the way, will you also put a thread up where we can post our template? That way we'll have all the characters organised in one central spot. An OOC topic would also be nice to have at that point.

Blonde

To those who are messaging and saying about this and that, worry not, I will get on to it all. It is a work in process.

Caitlin

Name: Baersun (Son of Bear)

Nationality: Germanic (He originates from the north of current day Denmark. Several hundred years later the Vikings descended from his people.)

Appearance:
Height: 1.82 meter (6'1”)
Weight: 87.5 kilograms (192.5 lbs)
Hair: Very light blond, almost white. Used to reach until his shoulders before his capture. Was cut short to jaw-length in the Ludus. He used to have a full beard as well, which had the same color as his hair, but now he shaves every other day. Generally he has a stubble.
Eyes: Clear green color, they contrast with his hair color and stand out in his face. These days it's rare to see his eyes twinkle.
Face: He has a slightly crooked nose, after breaking it twice in battle. The druid managed to set it nearly completely straight and despite that it healed well, this is still visible. He has a broad jawline; full cheeks; light colored lips which are only a little darker than his skin color; full eyebrows which are just as blond as the hair on his head; and large ears which are half covered by his hair. His teeth are mostly, though not completely, straight. Overall he has a handsome face, despite the minor flaws.
Body: His skin color is suntanned Caucasian. Below the southern European sun, his skin turned darker than it used to be where he originated from. In turn, this made his hair color contrast even sharper with his body color.
He has broad shoulders, a  muscled chest and muscled arms, due to his many hours of training and working out. His chest hair is abundant, but not very visible since it's the same light blond color as his hair. It makes his chest feel like soft fur.
His arms and legs have just as much body hair, but this is also not very visible since it's light blond. Though he's very muscled, his abs aren't very visible. He has by no means a belly, but a small layer of fat formed on his abdomen due to the regular meals he gets.
His hands are callused from the many years of wielding arms.
His legs are fit and lean. Where he came from horses were a rarity and his tribesmen were used to running and marching for days on end, making his legs lean, rather than very muscled.
Clothes: He wears the barest minimum of clothes, typically only loincloth, unless he's training or participating in the arena. There are two reasons for this; first of all, even after living in Rome for two years he's still not used to the heat, and secondly, it's custom. His tribe always went to battle nearly nude. (More about this in the biography.)
Blemishes: No tattoos. He has a several minor scars on his chest, from battle wounds. Due to the care his druid gave him these were kept small, rather than large. He had one large scar on his right leg from a Roman sword, and he has several minor scars on his arms and back from all the combat he saw. Carries the brand mark of the House on his right thigh.

Personality: Loyal to comrades; used to be good-natured; used to joke a lot; strategist; calculated; intelligent; vengeful; partially lost his will to live; religious; honorable; dominant; has trouble with authority; lives to die in battle; misses his family a lot; alcoholic.

Biography:
They say that only in battle warriors are born and only in battle true warriors die. For the tribe of Baersun this was very much true. When the Romans had conquered nearly all of North Europe, his people persisted, and for a while even thrived. Their unorthodox battle tactics were very tough for the Romans to deal with, and initially their resistance was too great to overcome.

The tribesmen of Baersun covered themselves in a combination of coal and mud before battle, blackening their bodies, so that only the white of their eyes, teeth and hair stood out, giving them a demonic appearance. The druids drugged them, which allowed them to enter a collective rage and armed with nothing but axes, swords and the occasional buckle, they charged the organized Roman armies nude. Their loud battle cries and the ferocious frenzy they attacked with, unsettled even the most veteran soldiers.

Due to the drugs and adrenaline that coursed through their body, they could sustain more wounds than the average man, before they went down in battle. Their greatest weakness was also their greatest strength; the lack of clothing and armor made them agile and flexible in combat, not being slowed down by any additional weight. The Roman battle tactics were not prepared to deal with this style of fighting, and it cost them dearly. In fact, it was only due to these fearsome attacks that the tribes of the north had survived for such a long time, but eventually even their will to die in battle couldn't stop the mars of the Roman campaign.

One by one their villages burned; their women were raped; and their children were enslaved. Most of the warriors were executed, and only a few were spared to serve as gladiators in the arena. Baersun was the cousin of their chief. He was taken prisoner after the few remaining tribes were overwhelmed by wave after wave of Roman auxiliary. His chief and sons were prized possessions for the Romans and displayed to the good citizens of Rome as trophies of war and crucified in the arena. Depending on how one looked at it, Baersun was luckier and instead sold as a slave to battle as a gladiator. This happened two years ago. Recently the house of Magnus purchased him to fight for the honor of Augustus Magnus.

Baersun's father was a druid, that served their god Woadan, which later became known as Woden, Wodan or Odin. As such, Baersun is deeply religious and also learned how to treat battle wounds and set broken bones. His people is familiar with stitching wounds, and his father had mastered a technique that allowed for wounds to heal with minimal scarring. In general scars were carried with pride by his people, but the danger of festering wounds was also recognized.

His religion revolves around combat and those who do not die in glorious battle will not go to Valhalla either. According to his religion, women and children that die do go to Valhalla. When Baersun was captured he was forced to watch his wife getting raped by the soldiers, and then later taken away along with his two children. According to the latest news he heard, they were brutally slaughtered a month later, when they tried to escape.

Most of his tribesmen were either killed in battle, or shortly afterwards. Only those who were relatively unscathed were saved. All those who sustained too many wounds to make them fit for the arena were crucified on the spot. The same happened to the elderly, like this father and mother.

As a result he carries a deep resentment against all Roman citizens in general, but especially their soldiers.

Baersun longs to see his wife and children in Valhalla, but knows that he can only die in honorable combat, if he wants to enter Valhalla. On the one hand, he lost the will to live, but on the other hand, he wants to live so he can kill as many Romans as possible before he dies himself. Dying any other way than in combat terrifies him.

Other: The tribe I described of Baersun actually existed in the past and fought the way as described as well, but I wasn't able to find details back of them. Without the drugs administered Baersun fights just like any other man and when he sustains wounds he won't be able to ignore them either. He has also taken to wearing armor in combat now. During his capture, he sustained a sword wound from a Roman sword, which didn't heal as well as his other wounds, since he had to treat it himself, rather than letting his father handle it. It gives him a slight limp and he's not been able to run as fast as before he sustained the wound. On particular cold days he feels the old wound better than on normal days.

Due to all he's been through, he tries to drink traumas away, and finds comfort in being drunk.

Caitlin

I hope my character won't be seen as overpowered, since he's not intended that way. The battle tactics of his people that I described, fit him as well and though he was a good fighter, he wasn't a superior fighter. I won't be portraying him as such in the Ludus either. In fact, he's likely a little slower due to an old wound on his right leg. He has to rely more on technique than pure power and stamina to win a fight. :-)

Caitlin

By the way, I can see regular clashes occur between Leonidas and Baersun, considering how he is a former soldier and a Roman. :-p

Good thing practice matches aren't seen as an honorable way to die, or you'd be in real trouble. -grins-

Down the line it could also result in a friendship between our characters though. :)

azzmeister89

wow now that is a good idea. thats one epic rivalry already, i wonder how many we can create

Caitlin

;D

Glad to hear so! The idea only just occured to me, but it'd make a lot of sense right?

Rivalry will only occur ICly though, I hope people will be able to distinguish in what I say ICly and OOCly. I don't want to end up creating drama either, but in my experience I find that rivalry can create a great story. Especially considering how my character is the 2nd oldest of them all. He'll see Leonidas as a rookie, while he saw plenty of combat himself and used to have a family. It's a completely different way of looking at life. Additionally, unlike Leonidas Baersun doesn't strife to become a free man and prefers to die in combat. That could cause additional tension. Not to mention, my character is more or less a barbarian lol. The more I think about it, the more my char appears to be an opposite. :-)

I hope Zaer Darkwail is up for some rivalry, it could add a lot of fun to the story. ^_^

azzmeister89

haha it will certainly make things more interesting, and the best part is it doesn't just have to end like that through combat, love, combat, the masters favor, there are so many things for the gladiators to compete over that everyone could end up with a rivalry with everyone else!

Caitlin

I wouldn't mind seeing some female slave rivalry and a mud pool... Ahem. ;)

-snickers-

azzmeister89

you bring the deck chairs and i'll bring the booze? :P

Caitlin

Deal. We just need to find some popcorn and it'll make for excellent entertainment. Us gladiators need some R&R from time to time as well, don't we? ;D

Blonde

And here is the OOC. Re-read the rules, there are some added ones. Mostly, make your first post in the OOC your completed character sheet.

I've suddenly found out I am on a 12 hour shift tomorrow, was hoping to get the IC sorted then. However, I will hopefully get it tomorrow night cause schedule gets a little more busy. But yeah, worry not guys.

azzmeister89

Caitlin

Hehe, sometimes I get in character way too easy. :p

Although my character would have probably said; In name of Woadan, it shall be done!

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Caitlin on October 01, 2012, 03:07:01 PM
By the way, I can see regular clashes occur between Leonidas and Baersun, considering how he is a former soldier and a Roman. :-p

Good thing practice matches aren't seen as an honorable way to die, or you'd be in real trouble. -grins-

Down the line it could also result in a friendship between our characters though. :)

I would not mind a intense rivalry, it would actually make more sense it occur than not. But I also can see if they are forced to work together and fight in ring because they belong to same unit/house, suffer battles with him can form bonds which can cross nationality and career. Leonidas would consider the rapes, pillages and such as more lack of discipline than actual standards what he would think of roman soldiers. He himself would not like to do such things as his mother had taught him think also through position of enemy on things (his father would had been different; perhaps allow it but not partake in activity personally as men expect to pillage and loot defeated enemies).

Caitlin

True, but Baersun doesn't know so and he's not likely going to listen to a 'young rookie' who will try to convince him otherwise, especially when he finds out why your character ended up as a gladiator in the first place, hehe. I seriously didn't think of your character when I wrote my biography and all, but it seems like they're nearly exact opposites, or at least at first sight they are.

I think that later down the line he'll give your character more of a chance, maybe after a heroic save in the arena or something. He'd be more of a comrade after that. Hell, he could even end up stitching your character's wound. :-)

I know this is all in the far future, but it makes a lot of sense to have a plot like that in the story. I think that at the start my character will mostly stick to himself and have flashbacks of how his life used to be, compared to what it is now, and somehow find the strength to go on living. It's also not like he suffered his traumas recently, he already had two years of thinking that he could do. In a way it combines Sparticus from Blood and Sand with Gladiator, although I'll give my character his own fair amount of twists to make him unique. (Not to mention, I hate copying what was already shown on television, that's just boring and predictable.)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I expect the start of the relationship being very rough and even expect some bullying also. Leonidas may be rookie or new but he did face one or two battles before he was framed. It is up to story will it ever uncovered or not but I expect it never is going to be and likely he looses all connection to family/relatives since his sentence. So in a way he does loose his family also but in more cruel way; as they literally abandon him to his fate.

Caitlin

I suppose so yeah. :-)

At the age of 24 my character is pretty much a war veteran who is used to fighting Romans for a living. From his childhood they tried to conquer his lands and time and time again his fellow tribesmen held them off. Them pesky soldiers with their toilet brush helmets just can't keep from bugging us pre-Vikings, ya know? :P

Must be our great ale or something, it's strong enough to kill an ox and intoxicating enough to make Medusa look like Aphrodite. I swear his uncle once tried to kiss a woman just like her!

On a serious note; I would assume that my character has roughly 10 years of real war experience before he was captured (age 14 - 24) and then about 2 years of gladiator experience by the time he joins this Ludus. He could have been as young as 12 years old when he joined his first battle against the Romans. Boys back then had to grow up fast, and especially in a war culture they'd be eager to sign up. From his point of view Leonidas would really be a rookie with just 2 battles under his belt. It doesn't really matter though, your character is far more educated and that gives you plenty of openings to tease him with, or talk about things that go way over my character's head.

Apart from fighting, farming, his religion and the druidic ways my character doesn't have a lot of life experience and most certainly not an education. :-)

Blonde

Blonde

And once again we need more male characters, someone has dropped out.
Grr.

Caitlin

Well... I did say it could take a woman or two to get Baersun's mind of his dilemmas... ;)

Right now I wouldn't worry about it too much yet. Personally I don't have much in the way of other games and I intend to be very active on this one. I might even be able to compensate for the lack of a male character. Naturally, if we do get an extra guy to join it'd be great, but 5 vs 4 isn't such a big difference that it completely upsets the balance. Unless you're planning on 1:1 pairings that is, but somehow I doubt that will happen.

I for one will do my best not to make anybody feel left out. ^_^

Blonde

Just a pet peeve of mine, I don't like female dominated rp's, they end up annoying me.

Caitlin

Ahh... Well, I'm sure the other guys won't mind giving the women more of their attention to. It probably won't be too hard to find an additional male either. In the end it'll still come down to post rates and you're probably better off with 4 highly motivated and active men than 5 semi active men. I have the impression that both Azzmeister and Zear will at least be very active too, and I'm guessing Primarch will be so as well, I mean, he's the boss and all! :-)

I won't make any promises, but if I find a guy that wants to join then I'll let you know. ^_^

Caitlin

On a different note, I really love the biography you came up with for your character. It seems your and my char have a lot in common.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Caitlin on October 01, 2012, 05:09:44 PM
On a different note, I really love the biography you came up with for your character. It seems your and my char have a lot in common.

What? My char Bio? Anyways yeah, I try my best show him as well educated at least and some cases it be highly useful for combat (gladiatorial combat as his mother was actress and screenwriter; so he knows all about entertainment business).

Caitlin

Eh, that was in reference to Blonde and Geila. ;)

Geila shares a lot in common with Baersun, they originate from the same region, likely speak a similar dialect, or can at least understand each other in their native tongue, had a similar way of living and even have similar skills when it comes to treating battle wounds. :-)

Baersun can probably learn a thing or two about how to behave in the arena from Leonidas.

gaggedLouise

Lydia, having lived in northern Gaul, may also have picked up some simple Germanic, at any rate she has been to regions bordering on the wild north (in those days Gaul was much more heavily wooded than it would become later) and understands what kind of skills it takes to live and survive there. Especially in winter.

Caitlin

Oi nice. I believe Baersun has mastered the skill of cuddling together under a bear or wolf skin, purely for sharing body heat of course. ;D

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Caitlin on October 02, 2012, 02:26:47 AM
Oi nice. I believe Baersun has mastered the skill of cuddling together under a bear or wolf skin, purely for sharing body heat of course. ;D

-Hermann!
-Ja?

(from I, Claudius - Roman pretorian guard officer talking to one of the leaders of the Germanic spearhead contingent of his force)  :D

Caitlin

Hehe, we might even able to mix in a little bit of German, since I believe 'ja' is the same in Dutch, German, Danish, Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian. ^_^

I'll probably stick to pure English though, as to not to confuse the people not from North Europe, but it could be fun to add some realism when our characters talk in their native tongue. (This would still be English ICly, but characters that don't speak the language wouldn't know what was being said.) Though at the same time, dialects back then were a lot worse and somebody from the north of German likely wouldn't understand somebody from the south of German. One of the big advantages the Romans had was talking the same language, which allowed them to get organised easier. :-)

I'm still up for all that cuddling though!

gaggedLouise

I know modern-day German well enough to hang on if we create some occasional phrases (we could subtitle a bit for the readers when required) - and of course Swedish (my native tongue) has lots of words derived from early Germanic roots. Even the Goths migrated from Sweden according to their own historian Jordanes - a tradition that's become kinda controversial later on but still has some serious proponents.

Yes to cuddling under a warm fur - but I'd also like to explore at some point how Lydia stands up for Baersun and Geila to protect them or guide them in a difficult situation (she might be the one who knows most about Roman culture and politics among the slaves) only to be punished by the lanista and scoffed at by Baersun for having acted "like a man"´, taking charge of the situation and kind of stepping in his way, when she should know she's a woman.

Caitlin

Hmm... Although the idea sounds appealing we're not exactly enacting a 100% accurate depiction of how life used to be like that. It'd probably be the most pleasant experience for everybody involved if we don't get down to details of writing in foreign languages. The occasional word like 'Hei, Hallo, ja or nee/ nein' would probably be okay, but I think it's better not to do more than that. It gives just that little bit extra, without distracting too much from the actual roleplay. :-)

I could picture Baersun grabbing Lydia by the throat and lifting her up if she tries to protect him while he growls some words to her of how he doesn't need protection. ;)

I like to play in partner's O/O's as well. Under normal conditions I wouldn't have my character be that forceful, but I think it'd fit in well and probably be something you'd 'enjoy' happening to your character too. It'd make sense in the roleplay as well, I think.

I'm really looking forward to start with this game, there is so much potential here for interesting scenes.

For now, however, -holds his furs open and invites Lydia for that cuddling they talked about, his heavy body tired from the training he endured.-

-grins-

gaggedLouise

Quote from: Caitlin on October 02, 2012, 03:16:23 AM
Hmm... Although the idea sounds appealing we're not exactly enacting a 100% accurate depiction of how life used to be like that. It'd probably be the most pleasant experience for everybody involved if we don't get down to details of writing in foreign languages. The occasional word like 'Hei, Hallo, ja or nee/ nein' would probably be okay, but I think it's better not to do more than that. It gives just that little bit extra, without distracting too much from the actual roleplay. :-)

Sure, I was not looking to having a variety of languages as in, let's say, Tolkien (who actually was a linguist, you know, and thrilled by the different counds and word roots of languages)  ;)

QuoteI could picture Baersun grabbing Lydia by the throat and lifting her up if she tries to protect him while he growls some words to her of how he doesn't need protection. ;)

I like to play in partner's O/O's as well. Under normal conditions I wouldn't have my character be that forceful, but I think it'd fit in well and probably be something you'd 'enjoy' happening to your character too. It'd make sense in the roleplay as well, I think.

I'm really looking forward to start with this game, there is so much potential here for interesting scenes.

Amen to exploring that when they have got to know each other a bit better. I'd love it if Lydia actually gets the time to speak for them (in front of,. let's say, the lanista's wife or a guest to the house who thinks he's been wronged) or help them in a sensitive situation, so she thinks she may have succeeded in saving them, or close, only to both have a cruel punishment land on herself and being denied support and respect by Baersun, even despised by him because to him, she was making him feel less than a man.

Caitlin

Well, maybe not despised, but he may want to spank her bottom thoroughly to let her know it wasn't appreciated. :p

Right now I don't know yet how my character would respond to such a situation. It'll depend a lot on the current setting and scene. One of his traits is that he's dominant, but he also has a strong sense of honor and hurting females doesn't stroke with that. It'll cause inner conflicts with him and it'll depend on his mood and emotions at the time as to which side will win at that moment. He might go ahead and punish/ hurt her, only to regret it later on and perhaps seek to make it up to her, or at least treat her more cordial afterwards. There is lots of different ways we could take it to.

I like a strong sense of realism in stories and give a character more depth. :)

gaggedLouise

I can see the polarity, and it would not resolve easily for either of them. That's part of what makes it interesting - and then honestly I get off on the thought of Lydia having made an effort to help him and possibly Geila too, only to land out in the cold, bound and punished and also feeling shut off for a while by the very people she wanted to protect.

Blonde

A) Please do not pre-arrange relationships, makes for a boring rp. By all means form friendships, but can we just see how things roll please. There is a free-form aspect to this.

B) Any talk in another language shall be typed in Italics. I don't want people to have to translate things. But also, don't be all "multi-lingual" and that.

C) Anyone who has not posted their CS in the OOC but has posted interest will be replaced. I have seen you check the thread, but no alterations to your character sheets have happened. Sort this out ASAP or just be courteous and let me know.

D) Doubling on characters may be in order.

E) I am in a crap mood, so ignore the shitty tone to this message.

Thanks, Blonde.

Caitlin

*Gives Blonde an extra big hug.* :-)

No worries about point A Blonde, we read the rules and were just forming friendships. I think we all agree that pre-arranged relationships make for a boring roleplay. I for one want to spread the luvin' far & wide. ;D

I'm not sure what you meant with D. The interpretation I have goes along the lines of a gangbang or threesome, but that might not be what you meant. ;)

Blonde

Quote from: Caitlin on October 02, 2012, 02:12:52 PM
*Gives Blonde an extra big hug.* :-)

No worries about point A Blonde, we read the rules and were just forming friendships. I think we all agree that pre-arranged relationships make for a boring roleplay. I for one want to spread the luvin' far & wide. ;D

I'm not sure what you meant with D. The interpretation I have goes along the lines of a gangbang or threesome, but that might not be what you meant. ;)

People might have to make extra characters, even if they get killed or just pop up in the background.

But yeah, I kicking arse and getting rid of those who have been totally silent and haven't contributed anything.

I have a chest infection and had a shit day at work, so I am a grump. But thanks for the hug.

Caitlin

Infections of any kind suck, and I can see how it would affect your day at work. I hope you'll start feeling better soon. When it's desired I can probably take up an additional character, although I'll treat Baersun as my main character. Depending on what you need it can be either male or female, I'm pretty easy going when it comes to that and I can play both genders realistically.

If I may give a tip; perhaps you could pm those who have been inactive for a while. If they don't respond within 48 hours then you can write them off for sure. It could be that they're not following this topic actively though.

The Last Standing

I see you guys are seeking more players. Would you guys mind if I jump in with a gladiator? I have a fairly interesting premise, and have studied Latin and Roman culture in the past, so I have a sense for the setting. Let me know and I'll finish writing up my character.

Blonde

Quote from: The Last Standing on October 02, 2012, 02:47:09 PM
I see you guys are seeking more players. Would you guys mind if I jump in with a gladiator? I have a fairly interesting premise, and have studied Latin and Roman culture in the past, so I have a sense for the setting. Let me know and I'll finish writing up my character.

Yes of course you can :) Just head to the OOC (I will link it into the first post in a second) and pop your character sheet in there.

The Last Standing

Terrific! This looks like it shall be a lot of fun.

Caitlin

I can promise you it will be. ^_^

Lots of ideas are already flowing around. ;D

Blonde

I have a few things that those who are taking part will have to fill in, sort of like questionnaires on your character, just so I know what we can do and the limits etc. One will be about what your character thinks of the other characters, another will be about what you are comfortable with sex wise. Basically this is going to get pretty sordid.

Caitlin

Hmm... I'm not sure about that second questionairy, how characters feel about one another.

The way I imagined it, is that most of the characters will be new to the Ludus. As such they won't really know yet how they feel about other characters, usually that kind of thing builds up over time ICly. I know how Baersun feels about the owner and Leonidas, purely based on their ancestry, and he'll likely have feelings for Geila when he discovers where she's from, not to mention, have a general weakness for the women, but that's about it. The mistress would probably be pretty high on his blacklist too, due to her associations with the owner, but this could change if she treats him particularly nice and makes sure he has a good life there. It could also force us in a hate/ love relationship with characters before we even really established our characters.

The other 2 are definitely great ideas though, but I'm not sure about the afore mentioned.

gaggedLouise

Bring it on, Blonde. I am understood with that the slaves may be treated like whores, may be tortured, raped and/or flogged, and that the men (perhaps the women too occasionally) may get seriously hurt in fights and brawls.

As for pre-arranged relationships, I don't see Baersun taking possession of my Greek girl in anything like a standing partnership. He might dominate her at some points but others might too, she will be treated like a slut on occasion - as will Geila, I suppose. We were just talking of bonds of friendship (in the course of time) and mutual efforts to help each other or reach quick satisfaction in a cramped and dangerous existence.

peterhere

Are you still recruiting for this one? :)
The meaning of life, is to grant life meaning.
My ideas: elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133385.msg5936486#msg5936486

Caitlin

Currently we have a 4:2 male:female ratio in the OOC, I hope more of the women join us soon too.

Caitlin

Quote from: peterhere on October 02, 2012, 04:17:29 PM
Are you still recruiting for this one? :)
I'm not sure, only Blonde can tell. To be honest, with 4 active men and 1 that might still rejoin us we could be full on the male side already. If the other male doesn't rejoin we're likely in search for a new owner of the Ludus.

I hope more women join us though, it'll be hard else to make the game interesting with so much more men than women. On the other hand, I think Blonde is already looking into that. :-)

gaggedLouise

I know someone who might be a hoot for guest roles as a woman being treated in less than pleasant ways or perhaps even as a female facing off with one of the gladiators in a training fight (none of them would be wearing complete armour when it's a man gainst a woman...) She's a great writer, too. *giggles*

Blonde

I am closing this interest check up, and re-opening a new one with the available spots on offer.
I'm not going to hang about for people who are ignoring me, just cause they're awesome apparently. So yes, new Interest check is on its way. Any questions from interested parties PM me, as I am the GM of this role play.

The Last Standing

Alright, my character is up in the OOC. Hope he adds an interesting dynamic to the situation.

Caitlin

I read your biography, he seems interesting yeah. I do hope you won't play him as overpowered in the game when he gets that crazy stuff going though. ;)

Other then that minor note it he sounds like a fine addition. :)