News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The concept of a good RPer.

Started by Infinitiveangie, October 14, 2013, 01:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Good RP is subjective on a highly individual basis.

RP itself means many things to many people and not everyone approaches those differing styles of RP the same. It's as varied or more so then literary styles and acting approaches since it can often contain elements of all of those things.

For me, I value a partner that is flexible and willing to go where the story takes us. At times I like long literary posts and others I prefer short fast posts. On occasion I like to plan things out, while others still I like everything to be completely spontaneous.

There are many different types of authors that range from the strictest form of architect writers with high levels of plans to those that like to plant wild seeds like a gardener and just let it all blossom into beautiful chaotic art. It runs a range of all approaches.

A good RP'r is someone that matches your personal desires and needs at the time that you choose to write with them. For some those ranges of needs are often close knit. They will find the same partners useful and desirable to work with most of the time. While for others they will need a wider range of partners to meet the variety of needs that they have. I'm personally of the latter category.

For me I look for:
Well read
Highly literate
Exceptionally creative
Flexible
Good Character acting/writing skills
Strong desire and enthusiasm for the RP in question
... most importantly - The ability to put up with my imagination, occasional flightiness, and whimsy.
*edit* Also they need to be willing to put up with my mistakes and the mistakes of others. There is nothing that kills the mood faster then an elitist snob who more then likely doesn't deserve the attitude that they exude.

Infinitiveangie

Quote from: Moraline on October 17, 2013, 09:34:16 AM
Good RP is subjective on a highly individual basis.

RP itself means many things to many people and not everyone approaches those differing styles of RP the same. It's as varied or more so then literary styles and acting approaches since it can often contain elements of all of those things.

For me, I value a partner that is flexible and willing to go where the story takes us. At times I like long literary posts and others I prefer short fast posts. On occasion I like to plan things out, while others still I like everything to be completely spontaneous.

There are many different types of authors that range from the strictest form of architect writers with high levels of plans to those that like to plant wild seeds like a gardener and just let it all blossom into beautiful chaotic art. It runs a range of all approaches.

A good RP'r is someone that matches your personal desires and needs at the time that you choose to write with them. For some those ranges of needs are often close knit. They will find the same partners useful and desirable to work with most of the time. While for others they will need a wider range of partners to meet the variety of needs that they have. I'm personally of the latter category.

For me I look for:
Well read
Highly literate
Exceptionally creative
Flexible
Good Character acting/writing skills
Strong desire and enthusiasm for the RP in question
... most importantly - The ability to put up with my imagination, occasional flightiness, and whimsy.
*edit* Also they need to be willing to put up with my mistakes and the mistakes of others. There is nothing that kills the mood faster then an elitist snob who more then likely doesn't deserve the attitude that they exude.

Well that is rather interesting...
You seem like you could be a rather great Roleplaying partner, to be honest.
I can understand all of your needs, and I'm thankful that you also understand snobs, stay snobs.
Even with how good and talented they are.
Because at some point (Most people tend to forget) you were also... Amateurish.
So people like that, I tend to love them at a distance by being in awe of their posts, but never wanting to actually Roleplay with them.
Thank you for your answer!

I personally tend to like the chaotic art that just blossoms out of nothing.
I like spontaneity in my Roleplay, as I am someone that doesn't like it at ALL in real life.
I like being in control and knowing everything,
So I suppose it is somewhat of a surprise, not to be able to know and/or dictate what happens further on in the plot.
But of course I would need someone that is compatible with me.

Moraline

If you are accepted - I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the vast array of different RP partners that you'll find here. You may even feel a bit overwhelmed with it all at first - have no fear though. As you explore and poke around you'll find your way and others will find their way to you.

There is more different types of RP here then you can imagine, 9,542,047 Posts in 154,583 Topics worth of RP and RP related stuff to be precise.

Good luck on your acceptance process.

Infinitiveangie

Thank you!
I just got approved!
Sorry, so excited right now.  :-)

Bloodied Porcelain

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Infinitiveangie

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on October 17, 2013, 10:01:50 PM
Yay! Congrats!

She giggled softly, waving towards the female.
Thank you!
I'm liking it a lot so far.

Missy

Welcome to Elliquiy

I am personally not the most confident roleplayer and actually find I am slower and more reluctant to take on tasks which I find challenging even if I want to do them. I eventually do them though because I'm not getting any better by avoiding it. I think the best partners are patient and communicative, I try to communicate with my partners as much as I am able even though I am not really the best conversationalist ever. I try to adapt my posts to the needs of the scene, encompassing enough detail to get the story across while not also being excessive to include unnecessary details irrelevant to the story or scene. I feel I have a lot of practice and learning to do before I can call myself even a decent RPer, but I've had other people tell me I was pretty good.

On another note since you mentioned RPing in virtual reality like in IMVU I might suggest second life as a decent medium, there are all types of course, but also a significant number of 'para-RPers', short for 'paragraph RPers', which you might be interested in.

Infinitiveangie

Quote from: MCsc on October 18, 2013, 07:46:24 AM
Welcome to Elliquiy

I am personally not the most confident roleplayer and actually find I am slower and more reluctant to take on tasks which I find challenging even if I want to do them. I eventually do them though because I'm not getting any better by avoiding it. I think the best partners are patient and communicative, I try to communicate with my partners as much as I am able even though I am not really the best conversationalist ever. I try to adapt my posts to the needs of the scene, encompassing enough detail to get the story across while not also being excessive to include unnecessary details irrelevant to the story or scene. I feel I have a lot of practice and learning to do before I can call myself even a decent RPer, but I've had other people tell me I was pretty good.

On another note since you mentioned RPing in virtual reality like in IMVU I might suggest second life as a decent medium, there are all types of course, but also a significant number of 'para-RPers', short for 'paragraph RPers', which you might be interested in.

Thank you, it's completely understandable, neither am I, obviously.
I am somewhat the same, I am not a good conversationalist at all, so most of my posts go on about maybe what's in my characters head, and the scene, and what he/she is doing with their bodies. But not so much texts...
I'll check that out!
Thanks a lot. :-)
And by the ideas you have, you seem like a decent, realistic rper.
So that's good.

Hope you're having/ have had a good day!

ladia2287

Hi Angie. Permit me to pass on a few pearls of wisdom from my own experience, having roleplayed online and in Live Action games for about seven years now. I daresay I will be repeating what has already been said by a number of others, but I hope I can still be of assistance

Roleplaying is a lot of fun. It's also a bit of a balancing act. Everyone has their own style; they know what they can and can't work with. For this reason, the first trick is to learn how to pick out those with whom you will work well. Easiest way to do this on E is to shoot them a PM, letting them know you're interested in starting a roleplay with them and ask if they will give you a link to one or more of their existing roleplays. From there you can work out whether or not their style is likely to work with yours. You can also get a vague idea of how regularly they post. Personally, as I come on here to roleplay as part of winding down after a long day, I am less likely to work with partners who post less than once a week, even if their plot idea sounds like good fun. Find someone whose posting frequency is fairly close to what suits you.

Trick number two is really important; you need to communicate with your roleplaying partner. Even if it's just basic stuff like "just letting you know I might not be able to post much in the next week or so". We all appreciate knowing what's going on. Also be willing to shoot them ideas for plot twists and recieve their ideas. And if they overstep your boundaries, don't be afraid to say so.

The third thing to know is where roleplaying can become a bit tricky; get to know your character before you use them. Get a clear idea in your head of what they're like. Even google some images so you have a solid idea of their appearance. Determine how they are likely to react to the situations proposed for the plot.

Finally, and I cannot stress this enough, read. And write. A lot! I've been honing my creative writing skills for a very long time and I can honestly say that this is the best thing you can do to make your posts easier to write, and more enjoyable for you and your roleplaying partner. As you practise your writing, trust me, it will improve and so will the quality of your posts.

Other than that, I can only advise you to have as much fun as possible :)

alextaylor

Yeah, it's really hard to say. I think the main point is that they have to be good at communicating their imaginations.

They don't have to have great imaginations IMO. I've had some really awesome scenes which were completely cliche - friend/friend, friend's sister, cousin. Some lasted less than 500 words. Then there were the epics that went on for days (real time).

If anything, I find similar kinks to be a major part of it. Sure, they may have grand fantasies and be good at communicating them, but unless it's something I want to fantasize as well, it won't work if we don't click. A great philosopher once said that if a book tries to solve a problem, but you don't agree that it's a problem, then you should just put the book down and not bother reading it. If you don't believe in class warfare, don't read Karl Marx. If you don't like homesexual erotica, stay away from yaoi. It's not that they're bad, but they're just not your thing and you'll end up rating them much lower than what they deserve. There are plenty of exceptions, but as a loose guideline it works.

And then there's pace. A lot of people love length and deep storytelling. Some love brief, constant barrages of one liners. I lean towards the one liner crowd as long as there's plenty of content in it. I personally get entirely turned off when someone describes the background. But some love that. My focus is almost entirely on the characters. Some like to get completely immersed in the world and build it with a similarly minded person.

So you'd have to know what it is that you like and find someone with just that same taste. There is no real "good RPer", no more than there is "good food". But there are types that you'd love and types that are absolutely horrible. The nice thing about this place is that the horrible ones are filtered out.
O/O

brokenvegetable

Quote from: Infinitiveangie on October 14, 2013, 01:35:49 AM
Hello! :-)
I'm Angie, and as you can all see I'm rather new, but I wanted to ask something.
I know there's never one "good thing" But still, what would the multitude of you consider to be a good RPer?
Would that have to be someone that's more into details wise, someone that posts more paragraphs, so on so on?
I'm rather curious, because I have been RPing for a while but it's been on role-player.net and on IMVU.
And both of those there, it doesn't pass more than two paragraphs, for sure.

I'd appreciate it, thank you.  :D
I hope all of you have a nice night/day!

Someone that is not afraid to take chances in the roleplay, to make the roleplay what they want it to be. The key to keeping a rolepaly going is to keep it interesting and to always break at a good resting point, never in the middle of something unless it cant be helped.

Sometimes the simplest twist in the story can change the whole outcome of the roleplay. But twist and changes to the rolepaly are infact needed to keep it interesting and fresh. Just remember that the roleplay has no rules and you can make it WHATEVER you want it to be. Its best if there is a fight almost between you and the other rolepalyer as to fighting over back and forth as to how the roleplay should go.... fighting in character to get the rolepaly to go in the direction you want it to go in. if both of you want the same outcome then chances are the roleplay will end without much being said. 

Toral Stimins

Quote from: ladia2287 on October 20, 2013, 02:31:51 AM
Hi Angie. Permit me to pass on a few pearls of wisdom from my own experience, having roleplayed online and in Live Action games for about seven years now. I daresay I will be repeating what has already been said by a number of others, but I hope I can still be of assistance

Roleplaying is a lot of fun. It's also a bit of a balancing act. Everyone has their own style; they know what they can and can't work with. For this reason, the first trick is to learn how to pick out those with whom you will work well. Easiest way to do this on E is to shoot them a PM, letting them know you're interested in starting a roleplay with them and ask if they will give you a link to one or more of their existing roleplays. From there you can work out whether or not their style is likely to work with yours. You can also get a vague idea of how regularly they post. Personally, as I come on here to roleplay as part of winding down after a long day, I am less likely to work with partners who post less than once a week, even if their plot idea sounds like good fun. Find someone whose posting frequency is fairly close to what suits you.

Trick number two is really important; you need to communicate with your roleplaying partner. Even if it's just basic stuff like "just letting you know I might not be able to post much in the next week or so". We all appreciate knowing what's going on. Also be willing to shoot them ideas for plot twists and recieve their ideas. And if they overstep your boundaries, don't be afraid to say so.

The third thing to know is where roleplaying can become a bit tricky; get to know your character before you use them. Get a clear idea in your head of what they're like. Even google some images so you have a solid idea of their appearance. Determine how they are likely to react to the situations proposed for the plot.

Finally, and I cannot stress this enough, read. And write. A lot! I've been honing my creative writing skills for a very long time and I can honestly say that this is the best thing you can do to make your posts easier to write, and more enjoyable for you and your roleplaying partner. As you practise your writing, trust me, it will improve and so will the quality of your posts.

Other than that, I can only advise you to have as much fun as possible :)

Just have to react on this. Since I am new here too. And I know my way around words, too easily sometimes. Which brings the balancing act in place. I am rapidly learning not to write everything I think. I might be too descriptive, yet on the other hand, when I read the ideas that people have, I am just overwhelmed. They scare me. It almost feels like there is no room for inventiveness. It feels to me that a lot of the desires that people have are so set in stone that I have no room but to accept whatever is being thrown at me.

I see page long desires for certain types of RP. With the first two, three or even more chapters already written. Characters built, the story line set. To me it feels like creativity is not really appreciated.

But, like I said, I am still new here. Reading is never the problem for me, it's always a surprise to me if I have got less than 5 books on the go, apart from all other things. I try to write, I have started a book somewhere, but I am stuck with that (and the fact that I am, naturally a lazy person) right now, I am not sure where to go next.

I have a few ideas in my head, but they're nowhere near to what a story should be like. Because I don't want to dictate the input from someone else. And just because of just about every RP request I see is so well thought out, so rigidly (apologies to use that word, it is how I feel it) set in stone, I daren't post anything myself. Just because I fear one might think I am not good enough.

I have tried approaching some people based on their requests, but they all came to nothing, because it left me feel that my ideas weren't thought out enough.

So, with all your experience, have you got some advise for me too?

Oniya

I've also seen lots of request threads that have a paragraph or less for the plot description (some even have lists of pairings like 'Boss/Secretary' and the like.)  I have one thread for my more detailed concepts and one for more 'sketches', but even then I try to leave a fair amount of freedom for my partner/s to fill in their own concepts.  Paying attention to O/O profiles (both your own and your potential partner's) goes a long way.  So does bringing your own ideas to the table within that context.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Toral Stimins

Quote from: Oniya on November 08, 2013, 08:01:07 AM
I've also seen lots of request threads that have a paragraph or less for the plot description (some even have lists of pairings like 'Boss/Secretary' and the like.)  I have one thread for my more detailed concepts and one for more 'sketches', but even then I try to leave a fair amount of freedom for my partner/s to fill in their own concepts.  Paying attention to O/O profiles (both your own and your potential partner's) goes a long way.  So does bringing your own ideas to the table within that context.

If someone (females in my case) has an O/O page, it's the first thing I look at, before I even start reading their desires or rp requests. Like I said, I am still new, mayhap I have been unlucky in clicking on the ones that put me off for now. And yes, I do have to admit that there are certain (types of) females, I think I cannot approach yet, because I think they are so well advanced in their writing that I am a mere nobody.

Jag

A good RPer is someone I have fun writing with. In the end, that's all it comes down to for me.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Twisted Crow

Generally, I find myself in agreement with Jagerin.

While this is entirely subjective, I feel that balance is what seperates a "fun RPer" from a writing perfectionist. In my own experiences I've known a few decent writers with creative minds that can be more fun to RP with than impeccable writers that were too obsessive with rules and their own style of writing. 

It's why I like some writers like R.A. Salvatore and Steven King. They tend to be a balance between Tolkien level of detail and "The battle lasted two hours. The End."

Heh.

Blythe

For me, I look for three things in a good roleplaying partner.

1. Communication: At bare minimum, I need someone willing to state what they like and don't like, not just at the beginning of a roleplay, but as it progresses. It's hard to keep up a quality game without communication, and when I'm not communicating as well with my RP partners, I can actually see the quality of the game decline over it, although it won't necessarily kill it entirely. But ideally, someone who is willing to discuss ideas, to build on what I suggest and is willing to have me do the same for their ideas. Communication is key to collaboration.

2. Empathy: I have a life. I go through ups and downs. Someone that understands why I might be more active or less active at a given time and is willing to work with me is going to get a long-term RP partner when they write with me. My creativity ebbs and flows, and a good roleplaying partner is someone who understands that and can either motivate me to get my Muse back or will weather some patience and wait for me.

3. Quality: I'm not concerned with post length most of the time; I look for partners to do two specific things in a post. They need to respond to my character, and they need to have their own character do something. If they fail to do the former, I will feel alienated, ignored, and distanced from the RP. My interest will wane very quickly. If they fail to do the latter, the burden of advancing plot falls solely on me, and that will frustrate me badly. I don't care if they manage to do both of these things in only one paragraph or whatever; so long as they respond to my character and their character is active, I can enjoy a good game.

Infinitiveangie

Wow!
Did not realize this has gotten so many replies.
First and foremost, thank you for all of the advice, everyone!
It has helped me a lot, especially through my first few roleplays I've started.
And even though I don't know much, I can definitely agree that communication, and the character responding to mine, are two of the most important things. Among other things, such as having fun, empathy and so on.

I could never be a writing perfectionist, but I try to put my all into my posts.
And that is all I can truly do, as a writer, and as an rper.

Thank you, once more.  :-)

Twisted Crow

Quote from: Blythe on November 09, 2013, 01:56:24 AMI'm not concerned with post length most of the time; I look for partners to do two specific things in a post. They need to respond to my character, and they need to have their own character do something. If they fail to do the former, I will feel alienated, ignored, and distanced from the RP. My interest will wane very quickly. If they fail to do the latter, the burden of advancing plot falls solely on me, and that will frustrate me badly. I don't care if they manage to do both of these things in only one paragraph or whatever; so long as they respond to my character and their character is active, I can enjoy a good game.

I definitely can say that this is one of my few basic needs. Especially what I've bolded. I am no snob but I need a basic "Action+Reaction" give-and-take going on. Good post, Blythe. :)

ladia2287

Quote from: Toral Stimins on November 08, 2013, 07:47:20 AM
Just have to react on this. Since I am new here too. And I know my way around words, too easily sometimes. Which brings the balancing act in place. I am rapidly learning not to write everything I think. I might be too descriptive, yet on the other hand, when I read the ideas that people have, I am just overwhelmed. They scare me. It almost feels like there is no room for inventiveness. It feels to me that a lot of the desires that people have are so set in stone that I have no room but to accept whatever is being thrown at me.

I see page long desires for certain types of RP. With the first two, three or even more chapters already written. Characters built, the story line set. To me it feels like creativity is not really appreciated.

But, like I said, I am still new here. Reading is never the problem for me, it's always a surprise to me if I have got less than 5 books on the go, apart from all other things. I try to write, I have started a book somewhere, but I am stuck with that (and the fact that I am, naturally a lazy person) right now, I am not sure where to go next.

I have a few ideas in my head, but they're nowhere near to what a story should be like. Because I don't want to dictate the input from someone else. And just because of just about every RP request I see is so well thought out, so rigidly (apologies to use that word, it is how I feel it) set in stone, I daren't post anything myself. Just because I fear one might think I am not good enough.

I have tried approaching some people based on their requests, but they all came to nothing, because it left me feel that my ideas weren't thought out enough.

So, with all your experience, have you got some advise for me too?

Again, this comes down to balancing. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had much luck with approaching people. Try setting up a request thread yourself. You don't need to go into scores of detail about what you want. Just half a dozen basic ideas, a link to your O&Os if they're set up, and some titbits about your particular Roleplaying style to help those who would match well with you hone in on you.

The other thing is don't give up. Elliquiy is home to some great RPers. Have a little faith in your ideas and in your creative skills. You'll be surprised at the positive impact that has on your potential partners and before you know it, the RPs should start building up ;)

rou

Quote from: Oniya on October 15, 2013, 12:38:40 PMA good RP is like a game of catch.  Your partner throws you a post, and you have to be able to 'catch' it and throw it back.  How far you throw, or how complicated your trajectory only matters if your partner is able to catch it.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

To me, being a good RolePlayer is more about OOC than IC.

RolePlaying is a multiplayer sport, and there is as much variety among role players as there is among people. I think it’s kinda missing the point to focus simply on the content of somebody’s posts. Personally, I always have more fun with a game when I can laugh and enjoy myself with the person I’m writing with.

But even that isn’t a requirement for being a good role player. Just because I prefer to be friendly and talkative doesn’t mean that’s the way everybody wants to play. So here are the things that I think are vital to being a great role player.

Communication. If you can’t talk to your partner about what’s going on in the game, you’re going to have trouble. A lot of drama can come up through lack of communication. How can you be sure that your partner is having a good time if they don’t say anything? If you don’t ask? How can you solve problems if you don’t know that they’re there?

Consideration. Again, this is a multiplayer game. You are not the only participant. When you play from your character’s perspective, it’s easy to start to believe that the story is about your character, but it’s not. You’re only part of the story. Become invested in characters that don’t belong to you. Enjoy them not because they are of use to you, but because they belong to your partner. Don’t be self-absorbed.

Reading & Reaction. This one is huge! Read your partners posts closely. Maybe this is just a personal opinion as well, but for me there are few things as enjoyable as my partner picking out the subtleties of my writing. If I say first that the drawer was open, and that when the characters come back the drawer was closed, I’m utterly ecstatic if my partner notices this difference and infers that someone else was in the room, or even adds to the mystery themselves. Allowing your characters to react, or at least reacting via narration shows your partner that you’re paying attention. Conversely, talking about the sunny skies after your partner has mentioned the rainy weather can break the mood and, if done too often, make your partner feel as though you don’t care about the story.

This is just a start, honestly, but... I would rather one small paragraph riddled with poor grammar that shows my partner is being considerate and thinking about my part of the story than five long paragraphs of beautifully written prose in which my character or contribution is completely ignored.

I would say that you can never truly judge a good role player from seeing one post, or even only their posts. Good writers? Sure. But you can’t tell if they are being considerate to their partner unless you read the entire interaction over a span of time.

Also remember that good writing is often very economical and brief.

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

ladia2287

Quote from: roulette on November 14, 2013, 07:37:34 PM
Also remember that good writing is often very economical and brief.

Yes! I have lost count of the number of people on this site who go on and on about how fantastic they supposedly are at writing and it takes them ten paragraphs to explain that a girl in a white dress boarded the boat. There's a difference between being descriptive and just inserting noise.

GothicFires

Quote from: ladia2287 on November 14, 2013, 08:05:14 PM
Yes! I have lost count of the number of people on this site who go on and on about how fantastic they supposedly are at writing and it takes them ten paragraphs to explain that a girl in a white dress boarded the boat. There's a difference between being descriptive and just inserting noise.

And yet this is, like most other things, subject to opinion. What may work for you, may not work for someone else. What works for someone else may not work for you.

I have standards that I require for a partner. Obviously since I have partners there are people who meet these requirements without being burdened to do so. If someone were to find my 10 paragraphs to be noise then obviously we wouldn't be suitable partners and we wouldn't be writing with each other.
looking for new games
discord: Agara#3507

rou

I understand the reason behind asking for a certain length of posts, but it frustrates me. There is nothing wrong with wanting great description about how the white dress hugged to the girl's skin and that the wind caused the skirt to flutter. I do love rich, and often verbose descriptions.

But once we're 15 posts in and our characters are having a friendly conversation and we already know that the wind is blowing and the dress is white and the boat is rocking and my character is sad and her hair is blonde and etc, and really all she's going to say right now is "Yes, I've considered that before..."

What am I supposed to do there? How am I supposed to come up with 4 paragraphs without either restating something that's already been said, filling my character's heads with thoughts and memories that they probably can't actually fit within the 10 seconds of screentime they're getting, having them say or do more and thus restricting my partner's ability to respond to the first thing I said, or bringing in details so pointless they're perfectly round?

// A&A: July 17, 2022 //
“succubus angel” — anonymous

Twisted Crow

I'm in both Ladia and Roulette's camp here.

(Sorry for my quoting botch. I don't know what happened there.)