The Jean Grey School For Higher Learning ~ 2037

Started by Primarch, June 14, 2013, 01:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snickerz

Quote from: Ember Star on June 17, 2013, 11:30:14 PM
technically his head is still attached to half his body

haha, if you want to get technical, yes. :P

Strifesblaze7

Well that isn't what I meant. You're suppose to remove head from shoulders so his brain shuts down.
Is there a point where nobody cares

RockSalt

Quote from: Ember Star on June 17, 2013, 11:30:14 PM
technically his head is still attached to half his body

We were talking about destroying the spine. *shrugs* and he died from it so I think the point still stands XD

AribethAmkiir

Name: Megan Adagio
Place of Birth: Seattle, Washington
Family: Her father was Anthony Adagio, a well known Blue's singer in the Seattle area.  He unfortunately died, when Megan was eight, in an accident when his car ran off the road.  Alcohol was suspected.  Megan was adopted by her grandparents after her father's death.  She never knew her mother.  Her grandfather is a well known lawyer in the Seattle area and her grandmother runs a small antique shop, a place Megan spent a lot of time at while growing up.

Position at School: Art and Music teacher
Appearance:

EYE COLOR: Brown

HAIR COLOR: Naturally dark brown, but typically has blonde streaks or highlights.

HEIGHT: 5'7"

WEIGHT: 134 lbs

BODY TYPE: slender and curvy

Powers:
Sound Manipulation: Megan can create and modify sound waves to mimic, intensify, hush, and distort, as well as, warp, strengthen, echo, speed up, and slow down sound.
Her hearing and equilibrium are protected from the effects of sound.

Skills: Megan is a naturally gifted singer and has a great eye for detail, which helps with her photography.  She's skilled in acrobatics and dance, and was encouraged to take Judo for self defense by her overprotective grandfather, which she continued while attending the school.

Backstory: 
Megan was raised by her grandmother and grandfather after a tragic car accident took her father from her at the age of eight.  She has never met her mother, or knows who she is.  Her grandparents claimed she was someone her father had met during one of his shows and they never had the privilege to know her.  Megan attended private schools until she was fifteen, at which time her powers began to manifest. 

At the age of fifteen, Megan began to suffer from headaches, light and noise sensitivity, and stomach wrenching nausea.  After several weeks of intermittent illness, Megan's powers displayed themselves in a violent eruption when her grandmother's antique shop was being robbed.  Megan had been working, despite feeling poorly.  The police were baffled by the broken glass and shattered knickknacks and accredited it to the robbers becoming violent during the robbery.  The shop's surveillance video was also destroyed during the robbery, and the surveillance tape mysteriously disappeared.  Unknown to Megan, her grandfather was the reason the tape went missing.

Due to this incident, her grandparents began to home tutor her.  She had little contact with the outside world beyond her work at the antique shop and her judo lessons.  It wasn’t long before a representative from the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning approached the family and after some convincing, Megan’s grandparents allowed her to attend the prestigious school.  After some time at the institute, she began to learn how to control her abilities and the freak accidents that seemed to occur around her stopped.

After graduating from the Institute’s high school program, Megan attended the University of Washington in order to be nearer to her aging and ailing grandmother.  She graduated from college with a teaching degree. Shortly after, her grandmother passed away and with her grandfather’s guidance, Megan returned to Jean Grey’s School for Higher Learning as part of the staff. 

Turn-Ons: Smart, intelligent, charming men who know how to treat a woman.
Turn-Offs:  Laziness, art critics, slackers, jerks, and prejudice.
Extra Details:  While Megan is a full-time member of the staff at the school, she is not a full-time X-Man and spends most of her time on the reservist’s list.  She is actually taking classes online and through the school to attain her master’s degree.

Primarch

@AribethAmkiir: Megan looks fine.

@CurvyKitten: Runa's general powerset I'm alright with, but I'd like to know more about how she can use it and its limits.

@RedMoon: Doc James looks fine. 

On another note guys, if you could start shifting conversation over to the OOC thread it would help when I need to be searching through pages for individual character sheets. Although it might also aide if people just PM'd the CS to me instead. That's also an option, cheers~

RedMoon

Excellent, thanks. I'll move things over there.

Snickerz

Ok... My profile is up... I may eventually change the picture hoping to get some lightning photo shopped in, also a friend of mine who is not available right now would like to have Nightcrawler as her father, so I'll be adding her in as my half sibling as well when she gets on and decides what she wants to do... If of course that's alright?

Primarch

Alright guys, I've reviewed your character and now its your turn to review mine. :P

Name: Michael Summers
Place of Birth: New York
Family: Mother: Lorna Summers (Nee Dane), Father: Alex Summers
Position at School: College level student (Genetics), X-man
Appearance: See image

Powers:
Magnetic Field Manipulation: Michael has inherited the powers of his mother and grandfather, he is capable of affecting magnetic field for a variety of purposes. He can liquefy, mend, and reconstruct metallic objects, He can create Magnetic Force-Fields to protect himself from harm and can stretch his fields to protect a group or he can suspend persons or objects in the air. He can ride the planet's EM field to achieve flight, he is capable of 'electromagnetic sight.' Michael can also focus his magnetic energy into powerful concussive blasts. Like his mother he can absorb different forms of energy (such as Storm's lightning or his fathers energy output) to boost his own abilities to further levels. Also like his mother (and his grandfather) Michael is tied very closely to Earth's EM Field. As is it effected, so is he. He knows instinctively all that happens to it, and with this link, is granted an odd sort of immortality. Earth lends him strength by it's simple existence. He draws on this strength all unconsciously. He can also  manipulate the natural iron within the blood of living organisms, he has a great ability to levitate objects metallic and nonmetallic, with his electromagnetic field he can levitate objects and destroy them in the air, or through a small manipulation of gravity, can also cause non-metallic objects to levitate in the air and manipulate it through electromagnetic energy. Lastly he has the ability to manipulate the electromagnetic spectrum and some energies like electricity, electromagnetic and magnetic energy. His connection to the electromagnetic field, allows him to handle various types of energies such as electric, gamma, x-rays, ultraviolet, visible light, lasers, and more.

Skills:
Advanced Intellect: Although not possessing the genius of his grandfather, Michael nonetheless has a very high level intellect. Formally studying genetics (just started his Masters), out of personal interest he already achieved a Doctorate level of knowledge in physics which aids him in the use of his powers.

Power Control: Since the manifestation of his powers, Michael has had his mother and grandfather to offer their experience and insight in guiding him on how to use his abilities. His entire education has taken part in the Jean Grey School and thus he has always had access to the highest level of education and training in power control. His level of awareness and capability with his abilities goes significantly beyond his mother when she was of a similar age. As an X-man he has obtained further experience in live use of his powers in combat and emergency situations.

Combat Training: Michael has been trained by both parents, his grandfather and clocked up hundreds if not thousands of hours in the Danger room. He has mastered both Krav Maga and Kickboxing, he has a level of expertise in Capoeira and intermediate level training in Judo and Savate. His combat training he aided by ten years training in gymnastics and acrobatics, training in combat application of his mutant powers and regular intensive exercise which has put him on a level of physical fitness comparable to an Olympic level athlete.

Multilingual: Michael speaks and writes fluently in English, German, Polish, Russian, Mandarin, Hewbrew and Arabic.

Backstory: Michael was born to Lorna and Alex while Lorna was the head of X-Factor Investigations. The unplanned pregnancy resulted in the two resolving several longstanding problems and they agreed to marry and provide the child the upbringing he deserved. Shortly after Michael was born the family moved to the Jean Grey School to re-unite with the extended X-men family. Michael has never know life outside of the Mansion and for quite some time he didn't realise just how unusual his life was. When Scott Summers mutant rebellion finally ended, Michael's Uncle and Grandfather joined the School and brought the X-men back together after the schism. Michael is an X-man through and through, along the way he's grown up, learned a few things and every now and then he's managed to raise a little hell, just so life wouldn't be too easy for his poor parents.

Turn-Ons: Confident, easy going attitude. Has a thing for blondes but isn't overtly picky in that regard.
Turn-Offs: Bodily waste and what not.
Extra Details: Michael's powers are known to be a high source of stress on the body and mind, he started using marijuana for medical reasons some years ago, now he uses it for standard recreational use too and is usually willing sell on or trade to the others what he acquires illegally.

Ember Star

looks good to me!

Question, would it be possible to have a character infused with cat DNA and have her be from a alternate universe? I have like three or four characters from original mutant type groups of my own creation, I'm thinking of bringing one in as a teacher. Of them, the one I'd like to start playing again the most has cat DNA and her back story doesn't really fit this universe.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Snickerz

I don't mean to rush, but could we get an OOC up for this rp so that I can put it in my siggy?

Ember Star

Quote from: Snickerz on June 18, 2013, 10:57:40 AM
I don't mean to rush, but could we get an OOC up for this rp so that I can put it in my siggy?
The OOC went up yesterday, Hun. Look on.the front page of this thread
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Snickerz

Primarch

Quote from: Ember Star on June 18, 2013, 10:46:53 AM
looks good to me!

Question, would it be possible to have a character infused with cat DNA and have her be from a alternate universe? I have like three or four characters from original mutant type groups of my own creation, I'm thinking of bringing one in as a teacher. Of them, the one I'd like to start playing again the most has cat DNA and her back story doesn't really fit this universe.

1) Very good, moved to character thread!

2) This early in the game I'd really rather stick with mutants over bringing in mutates and various other things that could potentially pop-up.

Ember Star

Quote from: Primarch on June 18, 2013, 11:05:57 AM
1) Very good, moved to character thread!

2) This early in the game I'd really rather stick with mutants over bringing in mutates and various other things that could potentially pop-up.
She is technically a mutant who can manipulate electricity and technology. The cat DNA comes from an evil organization running experiments on her when she was a child. IDK if you're familiar with Dark Angel (TV show from when I was a kid) but she's partly based off of the main character Max, with a bit of catwoman and Batman mixed in, plus her abilities.

Ember Star

however, I realize Claire might not fit too perfectly with the others. I do have two others from a different (but related) group of mine. One's a fringe scientist with multiple eye abilities, the other, well, the other is a thief, but she has great abilities with illusions.

Oldknight

If there is still room I would mind making up a character for this

Wolfy

Sooo...do we just post profiles here to be reviewed, or...what? @_@

Oldknight

Name: Hiro Miyazuki
Place of Birth: Hiroshima, Japan
Family: Father (Shiro Yoshida-Sunfire) Mother: (Aiko Miyazuki: Honey Lemon)
Position at School: Student
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Powers: 
Hiro has the same basic powers as his father
-Ability to turn matter into super heated plasma which he can then use as a weapon against those around himself.
-The ability to absorb electromagnetic and solar energy.
-The ability to be able to see in inferred
-The ablity to fly
-The ability to create a invisible field to protect himself from his own special powers as well as from heat and radiation from outside sources.

Skills:
kendo- Has trained him self mostly, but also has had lessons from the Silver and Ebon Samurai
tactics- Was tutored and worked independently on tactics to the point he is very solid in this area
hand to hand combat- Trained with his mother in various forms of matrial arts as well as with other members of the Big Hero 6 group, is a mixed martial artist with a combination of aikido, judo, jujutsu, karate, Shaolin kung fu and tae kwon do
Aptitude for Science, naturally gifted in science having been around his mother for so long, he was able to pick up a much higher then average knowledge of the subject as well as tinkering and inventing. He is best at physics, astronomy, and mechanical science.
Backstory:
He was born during a short relationship between the two Big Hero 6 members, he never got to spend much time around his father, as he was raised completely by his mother whom returned to her ways of working as a scientist after her experiences as a member of the Big Hero 6. He was thus raised by Aiko Miyazuki completely in the city of Tokyo, as she worked for the government on various creations.  He did meet his father on occasions, but never spend much time with each other as Hiro grew up, Hiro did spend time around other members of the big hero 6, when they would come to Tokyo. He picked up the study of swordsmanship when his 2nd cousin the Silver Samurai visited with Aiko and showed him kendo. He also learned much from Hiro Takachino, a fellow former big hero 6, and somewhat his mentor in learning, and science as well as learning from his own mother hand to hand combat as well as science too. Knowing that he needed help with his own mutant powers, and knowing that having people his own age would help her son, Aiko decided to send him off to school, so that he could experience this, and so that he would have a chance to make something of himself independent of her and her friends.

Turn-Ons: Intellgent women, curvy women, brave women,
Turn-Offs: M/M, arrogrance
Extra Details:

AribethAmkiir

Hey Primarch, just out of curiosity, what's this rebellion Scott Summers led?

Primarch

Hey Tenshinhan, looks fine for the most part but the skills are a touch vague or perhaps undefined. Well mainly just the "hand to hand combat" and 'general science.'
Also shouldn't his name be Hiro Miyazuki?

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on June 18, 2013, 03:57:16 PM
Hey Primarch, just out of curiosity, what's this rebellion Scott Summers led?

Its the current story arc Scott is involved it. You can read about it here: http://marvel.wikia.com/Scott_Summers_(Earth-616)#Mutant_Revolution
I'd explain it myself but I've not actually read any comics featuring it.

Strifesblaze7

I was wondering something Primarch, that stuff you planned to tell me for Jacque to know, would this be common knowledge or secret?

Primarch

Quote from: Strifesblaze7 on June 18, 2013, 04:16:43 PM
I was wondering something Primarch, that stuff you planned to tell me for Jacque to know, would this be common knowledge or secret?

I imagine some of it would be known by several people at the X-mansion.

Strifesblaze7

Alrighty, just wanted an idea of how tight the lid was on it.