Fall of Rapture (A Bioshock Interest Check)

Started by AmbrosiaPudding, December 25, 2013, 07:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WashAutumstar

Do you want only OC or could minor characters mentioned in audio journals be considered?

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

AmbrosiaPudding

As I've said that I'd gladly accept Fonatine, Ryan, and Tenenbaum, I'd love mentioned characters as well.
Let me become your favorite partner ~

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

AmbrosiaPudding

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: cuteshemale on January 03, 2014, 04:39:42 PM
Here's what I've been able to come up with. Any comments and critique are most welcome, and I'd be happy to change any aspect if needed to better fit the group.

Name: Christine Weston 

Orientation: Heterosexual

Status: Teacher/Caregiver at Fontaine's Little Sister's Orphanage. When she first arrived in Rapture, Christine was given an opportunity to work with her parents at Fontaine Futuristics, a job she turned down in favor of her current one at an orphanage. Though her parents were disappointed with her choice, they let her be, mainly because their employer also happens to run the orphanages. Recently, Christine decided to pay a visit to one of the girls at the orphanage whom she thought had been adopted. However, she only found an empty apartment on arriving at the address listed on the adoption form. She has yet to bring the matter up with anyone while she conducts her own investigation, since crossing the wrong person in Rapture could have huge consequences. The girls at the orphanage have been the only thing keeping Christine in Rapture, and she has resolved to get to the bottom of the matter.

Housing: Olympus Heights. Christine still lives in the same apartment as her parents, even though she resents the rampant capitalist utopia that is Rapture. She rarely speaks to them and is only ever seen in their company when they need to keep up appearances as a happy, normal family.

Fontaine or Ryan? Neither. Should conflict break out between the two, Christine's loyalty is only to those in her care, and those she considers friends.

Personality: Fiery and passionate, Christine is not someone who is afraid to speak her mind, or give someone else a piece of it if she deems necessary. She is headstrong and stubborn, and it is usually an impossible task to change her mind once she has set it on something. She possesses a quick wit and a sharp tongue, and can be a touch snarky and cynical at times, though she is warm and caring with those she cares about. Christine also has a strong moral compass and a good sense of what's right and what's wrong, and would be one to stand up for those who cannot defend themselves.

Background: The daughter of two prominent doctors back on the surface, James and Elizabeth Weston, Christine was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. The only child, Christine's parents lavished attention on her and provided her with the best things money could buy , toys, clothes, education, the works. As a result, Christine grew up in a bubble, only knowing the life of luxury that she had been born into. All that would change in her teenage years, when she encountered a homeless man scrounging for leftovers in a diner where she had been on a date. Before that, Christine had never really given a thought to the struggles of those who had fallen on hard times, but seeing what they had to do to survive up close was a shock to the system of the girl, who started to seek out ways to help the less fortunate, much to the disdain of her parents. Having grown accustomed to their lavish lifestyles, Christine's parents had adopted a somewhat elitist attitude.

The chain of events made Christine realize how lucky she was, and she began to volunteer her time at homeless shelters, hiding the fact from her parents under the guise of taking up violin lessons. She would also occasionally squirrel away small trinkets or articles of clothing from her parents, and give them to those who needed them more. While this was happening, Christine continued to excel in school, following in her parents footsteps and studying to become a doctor, though she never got to complete her training. During her final year of medical school, her father became embroiled in controversy when he had attempted to treat a patient using an experimental treatment he had developed on his own, causing the patient to lose his life as a result. Faced with an impending lawsuit, Christine's parents decided to leave everything behind and move to Rapture, under the employ of Fontaine Futuristics as medical researchers, taking their daughter along with them at the same time.

Appearance: Standing at 5'11 with hazel eyes and red hair to match her fiery personality, Christine looks like just another one of the wealthy faces in Rapture. Tall, and perhaps a little clumsy, she has a tendency to trip herself up occasionally, or bump her head on low hanging obstacles. She possesses an extensive wardrobe full of the latest designs in fashion, though she usually prefers to dress more plainly in her daily life, only bothering to look her best for the sake of keeping up appearances, when she has to attend the occasional function with her parents. In this respect, she has become a bit of a social chameleon, able to put up a facade depending on current company.

I think she is going to be a wonderful addition to our roleplay!

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Raziel

Oooh this sounds interesting and I absolutely love Bioshock. I have a basic outline for a character I think, but was wondering career wise could they be a geneticist working on the plasmid development project?

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Raziel on January 04, 2014, 04:02:44 PM
Oooh this sounds interesting and I absolutely love Bioshock. I have a basic outline for a character I think, but was wondering career wise could they be a geneticist working on the plasmid development project?

In the game they mentioned Suchong, so I would assume there would be other scientists as well yes. Thank you for your interest.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Raziel

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Raziel on January 04, 2014, 04:22:26 PM
Cool, I'll get working on a Bio now. :)

I look forward to seeing it, when I get home I'll put up a thread. I was thinking in Bondage perhaps? Though I'd like others opinions.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Raziel

LOL Bondage in Bioshock, never thought I'd say that when I was exploring Rapture  :P

AmbrosiaPudding

Of course not you were more worried about taking pictures and fighting Big Daddies!

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Raziel

That is true, and I am proud to say I got shot, stabbed, electrocuted, blown up, set on fire, drilled but despite all that, I did not break my camera :)

AmbrosiaPudding

Quote from: Raziel on January 05, 2014, 01:32:26 AM
That is true, and I am proud to say I got shot, stabbed, electrocuted, blown up, set on fire, drilled but despite all that, I did not break my camera :)

Haha this, I love this.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

WashAutumstar

it's the one piece of equipment you can truly rely on XD

“Being a geek is all about being honest about what you enjoy and not being afraid to demonstrate that affection. It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It’s basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating." - Simon Pegg

AmbrosiaPudding

So, I meant to put the thread up yesterday but I was tired :( sorry.

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Lyndsey

Looking forward to getting started! (Actually popped bioshock back in to my console and am playing through it again)

Raziel

I haven't started replaying it yet, but I have started re-reading the Rapture novel.

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's
Ons and Offs
Ideas
Brosie's Shop

Inerrant Lust

AmbrosiaPudding

Solo Count 0/10
A/A's