Interest Check: NWOD Circle of Leaders (At Capacity)

Started by Downfall347, June 29, 2012, 05:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

I believe you post the 'public' information here.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BruceTheCat

If you want to play the Werewolf Senti, I don't mind switching over to Vampire.

Can we plan for that Downfall?
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Senti

I am easy either way changeling or werewolf.

BruceTheCat

I'll take Vampire, honestly it's what I know the best.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Senti

Well I am good with a werewolf then :)

Downfall347

Sounds fine by me. I believe that just leaves open Lost and Sin Eater correct?

ShadowFox89

And if we don't get a Sin Eater, I'll make that instead of my Genius.

But if we do get room for Tes, does anyone want to know her outside of the Council?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BruceTheCat

I would like to. Though I still need to educate myself on what a Genius is.
- scribus1000

ShadowFox89

A Genius is a character who learns how to make things that operate on principles that just shouldn't work. Like building a clockwork golem or Doc Brown's DeLorian. But mortals can't interact with their equipment, and they became... mentally changed by Inspiration.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/TabletopGame/GeniusTheTransgression

Tas would be a Klagen, which become a Genius (called Catalyzing) through loss. In her case, her parents and some personal things were lost. A Klagen is afflicted with Depression... and Tes will lock herself away in her lab for days at a time.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Downfall347

So the updated character list is

Vampire: RedLobster
MAGE: Andyz
Werewolf: Senti
Changeling: OPEN
Created: Darkling
Bound: Open

We still need 2 more unless I am missing someone. Shadow I am really pulling to try and get enough people for you to get your genius in play so poke your rp buddies people.

That said several people have mentioned wanting to know the power range we are looking for. While character sheets are not necessary, some may want to build them to help get a feel for the character. Toward that end I am implementing a simple rule of thumb. If you wish to stat your character out do so with a flat 250 xp. You are supposed to be city leaders but this amount should not be game breaking turning you guys into gods. This way you can get a feel for your characters capabilities if you prefer some things to be set in stone.

ShadowFox89

Well, it's only been 3 days since the game started, give it some time.

Oh, and you'll need to pick a flaw for each of Tes's Wonders..... (the flaws are entirely up to the ST)
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Downfall347

This is true heh, I am just a bit O_O Twitchy.

Because I cannot yet download the PDF of that particular book (My comp gets back from the shop tomorrow and I don't want to download something onto a loaner laptop) I need you to get me a list of her wonders along with a general description of what they are and do. A PM of this is fine, and I will work up some good flaws for them.

Also (And feel free to lie) any cammies in our ranks?

ShadowFox89

Wonders are all basically homebrew creations, flaws are based off of what Axiom (discipline or whatever you wanna compare it to) the Wonder is primarily made from.

I'll list out all her wonders here, she's got enough gear to make Batman drool :D
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Senti

I have a character sort of ready is she ok to be from Britain?

AndyZ

I'm not the ST, but I seriously doubt that there will be any issue with the char being from Britain.

One thing's been bothering me, though: most Councils have an odd number of people in order to avoid ties.  If we have six, then there's apt to be a lot of 3-3 decisions.  Will the ST be making a tiebreaker, or would it actually make more sense to have a group of 7, and let the Genius into it?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Downfall347

Huh, I did honestly not consider that Andyz. I would be alright with allow the Genius to sit on the council, however as I don't personally really know the venue representing a faction within the city (even if it is just two or three others) would be problematic. I can start reading up on the venue but for now I am fine with saying she has a council seat to avoid such tie situations.

Also no, I have no issues with British people, or people from any country of origin actually. Well, I don't suppose I will approve being from Atlantis.

One other thing of note. Please notify me in a PM your social order/biological order pairings. Like Clan/Coven, Tribe/Auspic, Seeming and Kith/Court, ect ect. Also let me know if you have any imbued items/fetishes/perfected metals/special items, and the like just so I know in case in the middle of a scene someone says, "I am whipping out my dick shaped mana bomb!"

ShadowFox89

Well, Tes is a genius by mortal standards anyway, even without the Genius template. Her family's business funds most of what she does, and she sells her own inventions on the side (the ones that actually operate on proven scientific principles).

So even if she isn't representing any Genius faction within the city, Tes could still represent a technological backing to the Council, providing them with gear and meeting places.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

BruceTheCat

How will the presence of each different faction be represented in the city? Is there going to be an equal number of Promethean's to Vampires and Werewolves?
- scribus1000

Downfall347

O_O Dear lord no. Hehehe, I mean, if there was as many Prometheans as everyone else then there would no longer be a city.

I was thinking Vampires would represent the largest population with 40-60 kindred, considering how easy breeding can be for them, with Werewolves Mages and Lings coming in around even with somewhere around 20-40 per society, and Bound as being rather rare being numbered only around 15-25, and Prometheans maybe representing 5-10, with the Genius faction only 2-3

ShadowFox89

I'm fine with being the only Genius in the city. Less competition when Tes threatens to blast Wrigley Field because she couldn't get box seats.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

I just wanna say that I would totally play Street Sharks: The Destruction if it was real.

If Shadow got the Genius, does that mean the Sin-Eater slot is still available?

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheGlyphstone

In that case, dibs.

The question is, how 'powerful' should our characters be shooting for? It looks like it's a freeform game in the NWoD setting, rather than using actual NWoD rules, but I want to make something that fits in with existing characters - the Vampire being a neonate next to the Awakened Archmage could be problematic, for example.

Downfall347

I would say be within reason. No Arche Mastery, no Wyrd 8 lings, ect ect. Like I said earlier think when constructing your character as if you had only 250 or so xp to give you a feel for the proper power levels. Many players are making sheets just to give them a feel for what their character is capable of. Also welcome aboard Glyph.

So that just leaves Changeling open.

Downfall347

Also Streetshark: The Destruction is all too painfully real. > > I found rules for it online. It is as ridiculous as it sounds.