X-men Forever RPG: (90`s Era/LGTB Freindly) OPEN

Started by VoluptuousVixen, May 30, 2015, 09:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamaRose

Quote from: Sirian Eve on June 01, 2015, 10:46:43 AM
Hmmm...I think I'll take on Psylocke.

Oops! just seen Tama's post :)

So! I'll go with Polaris if none has claimed her.

If you want Psylocke you can have her. I am okay with it. I can still do Feral and possibly Jubilee if I am allowed.

kckolbe

Just watched some clips from the old X-Men cartoon, and I'd love to see someone play Jubilee well.  Nice to see this thread getting some good activity and people working together, by the way.  Can't wait until we are working out relationships.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Sirian Eve

Quote from: TamaRose on June 01, 2015, 07:33:17 PM
If you want Psylocke you can have her. I am okay with it. I can still do Feral and possibly Jubilee if I am allowed.

Awww Thank you. :)

Okay I'll take Psylocke then.

CURRENT STATUS: Posting 8/26

Sasquatch421

Quote from: TamaRose on June 01, 2015, 07:33:17 PM

Pounces Tama with lots of hugs! "Yay Jubilee!" Continue hugs, "Yay! Tama! How ya doing luv?"

TamaRose

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 01, 2015, 08:20:10 PM
Pounces Tama with lots of hugs! "Yay Jubilee!" Continue hugs, "Yay! Tama! How ya doing luv?"

Good other then for being a little stressed. How are you? It's good to see you again. Who are you playing this time?

Also, don't get to exciuted about Jubes. It will be the first time playing her. :-[

Juggtacular

Caradoc

I'm new enough that I don't know any of you, but I'm glad to meet y'all and looking forward to seeing how the hero games go.
So tell me do you wanna go?
Where it's covered in all the colored lights
Where the runaways are running the night
Impossible comes true, it's taking over you

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Acula

CHARACTER NAME: Rogue
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Heterosexual
HEIGHT: 5’ 8”
WEIGHT: 120lb
AFFILIATION: X-Men
FACE CLAIM: Christina Perri
APPEARANCE:

POWERS/ABILITIES: Rogue has the ability to touch and absorb any mutant powers temporarily, but she also absorbs a fractured bit of the mutants memories and personality in the process. If she does this for too long, she can kill the person. Retaining Ms. Marvel’s powers during one of these transfers gone wrong, Rogue can also fly and possesses super human strength.
WEAKNESSES: Cannot touch others without draining them when she is not focused; the trapped psyche in her mind.
HISTORY: Raised in Mississippi, after kissing a body named Cody and putting him into a coma thanks to her powers that manifested suddenly, she was devastated and her ‘normal’ life ended. During this dark period, the girl was approached by Mystique. Mystique convinced the girl to come with her, and became her foster mother.

During this period Mystique manipulated the girl and convinced her to work with her in terrorist activities, one of which went terribly wrong when Rogue absorbed a mutant, Ms. Marvel, permanently. Now in addition to her draining ability, she now had Ms. Marvels, which consisted of the power of flight and superhuman strength. Ms. Marvels remains in a coma to this day, a piece of her psyche trapped within Rogue.

After an encounter with Rom, a noble Spaceknight, Rogue began to have doubts about herself. Eventually this, along with the fractured psyches trapped in her mind, lead her to Professor X in desperation. In response, Professor X welcomed Rogue to the X-men, against her new teammates protests. Eventually however, she proved she had changed for the better and the team accepted her as one of their own.

Ms. Marvel’s psyche again plagues Rogue when she ends up in the Savage Land and is nearly killed by the vengeful woman, only to be saved by Magneto. The alliance is short lived as Magneto kills against Rogue’s wishes and they go their separate ways.

Now Rogue works with the X-men in an attempt to protect mutants while gaining control over her powers. Professor X has managed to train Rogue how to control her power of absorption, but only for short periods of time. He hopes with time Rogue will not only be able to control her powers, but banish the trapped psyches that threaten to drive the mutant mad.

PERSONALITY: Confident and strong-willed, Rogue is friendly and outgoing. Most of the time she’s down for anything; seeking out fun and adventure wherever she can find it. At times though, she can be withdrawn and will turn inward, avoiding others. This is rare however, and most times you can find Rogue with a cheeky smile on her face.
EQUIPMENT: Rogue rarely worries about keeping anything on her, as her greatest weapon is her fists.
KNOWN ENEMIES: Complicated relationship with Mystique, Magneto, and Others

Caradoc

Also, as a general note, I'm willing to take on more roles if additional characters are needed, I just didn't want to seem greedy right off the bat.

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Lady Onyx

I was about to say the same thing, if we need more males I can make another profile. I just can't promise said male will be 100 percent heterosexual. -laughs- It's hard for me to play a male characters that prefer females.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: TamaRose on June 01, 2015, 09:03:38 PM
Good other then for being a little stressed. How are you? It's good to see you again. Who are you playing this time?

Also, don't get to exciuted about Jubes. It will be the first time playing her. :-[

Not to bad... Finally done with college and I don't plan on going back. Two degrees in three years is enough! Now I'm in that job hunting phase while getting things done around the farm. Plus need to think up a name as we have another new colt running around.

Lois thinks I might make a good Warren, so I'm going to do an Arch Angel profile.... Unless I can find that other one I did, then it's just copy and paste! Not sure for any other characters yet... Do have a wild hair to try out Boomer....

Caradoc

Quote from: Lady Onyx on June 02, 2015, 05:23:31 PM
I was about to say the same thing, if we need more males I can make another profile. I just can't promise said male will be 100 percent heterosexual. -laughs- It's hard for me to play a male characters that prefer females.

Maybe we should split them, you take the females and I take the males, if any extras are needed? ;)

My Ons and Offs

A/A's Updated 1/25/17

Lady Onyx

Quote from: Caradoc on June 02, 2015, 06:55:21 PM
Maybe we should split them, you take the females and I take the males, if any extras are needed? ;)

I can do that as well and it would probably be a bit easier on me. I can write up the profile for a couple of extra females should they be needed.

TamaRose

Instead of Feral, I could do a male if you need one. I wouldn't mind trying out Havoc.

kckolbe

Right now we are fairly balanced, and in my experience, group games tend to do better with slightly more female chars.  That's just my two cents.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Juggtacular

Well I'm making 2 more guys. Juggernaut & Bishop. Just a heads up.

Lady Onyx

I wasn't complaining at all, just offering. I've been in groups myself where the gap between male and female was four or five more females than males. What ends up happening is there are multiple female characters seeking attention from the same male character and the behind the scenes drama is ridiculous. Those could've been bad groups though. Either way this is going to be a great roleplay because we have some fantastic writers joining up. I'm excited  :-)

kckolbe

I've seen both extremes, Onyx, and both suck.  A 3:2 f:m ratio seems to work out best, accounting for the higher likelihood of bisexual female characters.  Of course, the early X-Men were very heavily male, so I'm okay with there being slightly more males than females.

Intro Thread

TamaRose

CHARACTER NAME: TamaRose

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Straight

HEIGHT: 5' 5"

WEIGHT: 155

HAIR: Black

EYES: Brown

AFFILIATION: X-Men

FACE CLAIM: Kea Wong

APPEARANCE:

POWERS:

Energy Plasmoids/Lumikinetic Explosive Light Blasting: Jubilee possessed the mutant ability to generate what she calls her "fireworks" or "Lumikinetic Explosive Light Blasts" energy globules that varied in degrees of power and intensity. The globules obeyed her mental control, traveling where she directed them, arranging themselves in balls, streamers, and other shapes, and exploding when she wished. These combinations could result in anything from a multitude of colorful sparkles capable of temporarily blinding a person to a fairly powerful detonation, capable of smashing tree trunks or metal objects. Jubilee could absorb the fireworks back into her own body without harm. According to Emma Frost, she had the potential to detonate matter at a sub-atomic level.

Psionic Shields: Jubilee's mind possessed a natural defense against telepathic detection or attack. These psionic shields rendered her mind "slippery" and invisible to telepathic beings unless they knew precisely what to mentally scan for.

Abilities: Jubilee is also skilled in gymnastics and had qualified for the Olympic Games before her parents were murdered. She is also a good hand to hand combatant, having received some training from Wolverine. She also seems to have the makings of a good leader.

WEAKNESSES: There is always the chance of losing control but there is a very good chance of blowing something up if she isn't always in control.

HISTORY: The daughter of two prosperous Chinese immigrants, Jubilation "Jubilee" Lee, was born and raised in Beverly Hills, California and lived a charmed life. Jubilee attended an exclusive Beverly Hills school and was believed to have the gymnastic potential to participate in the Olympic Games. However, all in one fateful weekend, her parents lost their money in the stock market and were then mistaken for their neighbors (also named the Lees) and killed by two hit-men, while Jubilee was out with a friend of the family.

Jubilee was then sent to an orphanage, but ran away and hid in a Hollywood shopping mall, stealing food to survive. Jubilee first discovered her mutant power, to generate blinding and explosive energy "fireworks", while running away from mall security. The stress of running away from the security guards caused Jubilee to emit a large light energy blast while in a back alley. This completely disoriented the men and allowed the frightened young girl to escape. Upon learning about her mutant ability to create fireworks, Jubilee realized she could earn money by using her powers to entertain customers and visitors in the mall.

Frustrated with the young girl's rebellious nature and powerful light-shows, the mall security hired mutant hunters, known as the M-Squad, to capture her. Jubilee held her own by blasting the M-Squad's energy tractor beams, but she was eventually caught. Lucky for her, Jubilee was rescued by the X-Men Dazzler, Psylocke, Rogue and Storm, who happened to be shopping at the mall. Curious about these strange women, she followed them for a while and later jumped into a portal after them.

Australian Base

On the other side of the portal, Jubilee found herself at the X-Men's temporary base in the Australian outback. Jubilee stayed hidden and, while living in the underground base, the mutant known as Gateway was the only person aware of Jubilee's existence. During her stay in the base, Jubilee stowed away in Dazzler's quarters and found an immediate kinship, in the extent of Alison Blaire's wardrobe. Jubilee stole food and borrowed clothes from several of the X-Men to create a makeshift costume for herself. Jubilee was present when Nanny and Orphan-Maker ambushed the X-Men at their base, but simply hid while the battle ensued. Once while the X-Men were out, Jubilee was harassed and hounded by a Reaver guard dog that was left at the base. Jubilee stayed in hiding until the X-Men had abandoned the base, and their enemies the Reavers had captured Wolverine and taken over the base.

While sneaking around the caverns in the outback base, Jubilee was startled to find Wolverine hung up on a cross and near death. Jubilee helped Wolverine get down from the cross, and nurtured him back to health. Afterward, she teamed with Wolverine on several of his missions throughout the world. During this time she held her own against The Hand and blew up a section of the Mandarin's castle with her powers while being held prisoner there with Wolverine and Psylocke.

Jubilee and Wolverine grew a close father-daughter relationship with one another. Jubilee needed the guidance of a parent, while Wolverine needed the peace and joy of a child. Due to this relationship, Jubilee was referred to as Wolverine's unofficial sidekick. The duo teamed up to fight Sentinels, Omega Red, Sabretooth, Sauron, and even seek revenge on Reno and Molokai for the murder of her parents.

X-Men

After hearing of mutants being attacked on the island nation of Genosha, the trio make their way there. They meet Boom Boom and Rictor, who had lost their powers. Leaving Jubilee to guard the depowered mutants, Wolverine and Psylocke attempt to invade the Genoshan Magistrate headquarters, but are captured. The three young mutants escape capture, and help the other X-Men defeat Cameron Hodge. Upon returning to the United States, Jubilee joins Storm, Wolverine, Forge, Psylocke, Banshee and Gambit as a member of the X-Men. Although she accompanies them on many of their missions, they remain wary of placing her in harm's way because of her young age. When Wolverine is kidnapped by The Hand, Jubilee argues that she should be allowed to help (as she had previously fought and defeated The Hand), and finds an unlikely ally in Psylocke. After run-ins with the Skrulls, the Brood, Omega Red and Mojo, Jubilee is finally made to stay at the mansion by the X-Men, and is not permitted on missions anymore due to her age.

When Professor X is almost killed by a villain named Stryfe, who appears to be Cable, the X-Men are quick to suspect Cable of the deed. It is Jubilee who persuades the X-Men that he may not be the culprit, as no one knows what Stryfe really looks like, and he could therefore be disguised as Cable. Once Professor X is cured he regains the use of his legs for a short time, and Jubilee takes him roller-blading to cheer him up. After spending some time bonding with him she realizes that he isn't the stuffy old man she took him for, and they grow closer. After his legs begin to weaken, Jubilee helps him back into his wheelchair, realizing that just being there to help means more to him than anything she could say. Some time later Jubilee accompanies Wolverine to their old base in Australia. Their arrival sets off a dormant Sentinel, whose attack interacts with Gateways portal and sends Jubilee back in time to her parents' house just before they were killed. Certain she could save them from dying in the car crash, she is convincing them not to go when the doorbell rings. At the door stand two armed hit men, Reno and Molokai, who take her parents away at gunpoint. Learning for the first time that that their car accident had been faked, and that they had in fact been murdered, Jubilee swears revenge. Upon returning to the present she tracks the two hit men down, with Logan backing her up the entire time. But once she has her parents' killers at her mercy, she finds that she just can't bring herself to kill them, a revelation that pleases Logan.

Back at the mansion, Jubilee becomes close friends with Ilyana and whilst Jubilee becomes jealous of Kitty's arrival due to her being Logan's first sidekick, the pair soon form a friendship. Jubilee can usually be found by Logan's side, even to this day and the pair go on adventures together still.

PERSONALITY: Sassy, Fiery, Feisty, Smartass.

Jubilee:"Who died?"

Wolverine: "YOU did, ya little pain in my ass! Scared the life half outta me"

Jubilee: "Really? Cool."

Wolverine: *pause*

Jubilee: "Dude, ever heard of the words, 'mouth-wash?" 

EQUIPMENT: None

KNOWN ENEMIES: The Brotherhood

TamaRose

I wouldn't mind being a gay Havoc! Just putting that out there!  ;D

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Cassandra LeMay

Tama, aren't the last two paragraphs of Jubilee's bio the (possible) future of the game setting? LLK said the legacy virus hasn't infected anyone yet (as far as the X-Men know), so Illyana would still be alive at this point in the timeline. Magneto removing Wolverine's adamantium skeleton should also happen several weeks, perhaps months, after X-cutioners Song (which seems to be the current time in-game).

As for the male-to-female character ratio, personaly I'm not worried. But if it becomes a problem we could consider throwing one or two non-mutant NPCs into the mix as love interests. Might be better than having a large army of heroes around just for the sake of a balanced gender mix.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

wander

Quote from: Cassandra LeMay on June 03, 2015, 12:36:16 AM
Tama, aren't the last two paragraphs of Jubilee's bio the (possible) future of the game setting? LLK said the legacy virus hasn't infected anyone yet (as far as the X-Men know), so Illyana would still be alive at this point in the timeline. Magneto removing Wolverine's adamantium skeleton should also happen several weeks, perhaps months, after X-cutioners Song (which seems to be the current time in-game).

Well, it seems like this an alternate version of the 90s...

There's no Generation X and Genosha has already fallen, though this time it seems to be from what happened in Bloodties, which should be after X-cutioner's Song.

I'd place current events at late 1993 possibly early 1994, though we've yet to hear any news on the Child's Play event involving X-Force. Seems if there is no Generation X that the Phalanx Covenant hasn't happened yet. But then if the Legacy Virus is not around, we can call this an alternate timeline, so other things may not match up right.

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: wander on June 03, 2015, 02:42:42 AM
Well, it seems like this an alternate version of the 90s...
I'd place current events at late 1993 possibly early 1994,...
Yes, well, placing the "point of divergence" precisely is, most likely, quite impossible. 

That aside, I'd still say that leaving out some bits and pieces from Jube's bio could be the easiest way to avoid potential conflicts with the biographies of Colossus and Wolverine. If I played Wolverine I might be a tad surprised to read somewhere that I no longer had an adamantium skeleton.  ;)

Edit: Guess I should apologize if I come across as trying to force a rewrite of Jubilee's bio. When I get really interested in something new (like a roleplay) my mind and muse sometimes kick into overdrive and are suddenly all over the place and I spurt out a lot of random thoughts about setting, characters, scenarios, and whatnot. I guess it can be annoying and make me look pushy and domineering, but that's really not my intention. Sometimes I just can't help myself when I get excited (and you bet I am about this setting). Just give me a day or two, to calm my overflowing mind, please.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)