The Increasingly Improbable Adventures of Sir Reginald Percival Fairweather III

Started by Remiel, January 12, 2010, 01:47:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Cassiopeia

Hmm ... that might tip the scales in favor of Boomamancy ... 'splode the thieving mousey! >.>

Esoteric Myobi

I think I'm leaning towards the Godamancy...one who does more harm (accidentally of course ;)) than she does help?

Hmm....

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Darkpoet

I'm interested, and I threw a couple ideas into a word document for my own amusement. I'd love to play a Spookamancer... if I can name him "Edmund Sullen" (from Chagrinsberg, Pennsylvania).

Phaia

"I Object, The mOuse does not steal, is not a theif...The Mouse finds lost things...thats what The Mouse does and does well"

{and yes Mouse is gonna talk that way...ie call herself/himself 'the mouse'}

Phaia

sinera

Name: Lush Windbag
Species: Half-Ogre
Sex: Male

History: Lush was born to a well-to-do human family, the firstborn son of the firstborn daughter who'd been kidnapped by ogres when she'd eloped. Since at the time she couldn't say whether the  father was her her dead lover or the ogres, she refused to allow the healers to remove the child. On his birth she insisted that he be raised as a full member of the family. Her father, grief-stricken at losing his precious jewel, agreed.

It was decided to see if they could nurture the natural tendency toward violence out of him. To a certain degree they succeeded. He's terrified of spiders, but may destroy whatever the spider's on (desks, statuary, walls) just to kill it.

He was exposed to philosophers and politicians at an early age, and developed quite a skill at 'persuading' those with lower intelligence than him to do what he wants, usually through potification and hauteur.

Recently his family lost their fortune; he's discovered there are very few willing to hire, house and feed him. Many people turn him away for his looks alone. Those who don't learn that he has a very juvenile sense of humor and a tendency toward tactless observations which he seems to delight in pontificating about.

In some cases, he's able to exhort others into seeing things from his point of view, making those whom he has been persecuting very uncomfortable. He even managed to get a town mayor's son run out of town on a rail simply because the unfortunate young man had a wart on his forehead. "It's the sign of Tsathoggua, the Toad God of poxes and hexes!" Unfortunate that after Lush made this proclimation in the town, the annual Locust swarm came through just as a drought hit the town. Lush had to leave the town in a hurry when the young man's family and friends came looking for him after the boy was thrust into the Locust swarm to "appease" the god.   

His wandering feet have brought him to Town City one step ahead of those who might seek retribution for some of Lush's other "indiscretions."

Skills: Legerdemain (slight-of-hand, aka prestidigitation), exhortation (persuasion), hauteur (self-importance; relate to intimidation), pontification (silver-tongue).

Item of Importance: Signet ring of the Windbag house, showing that he is a son of the house. When asked if it has any magical properties, he smiles secretively and says "maybe."

ALIVE: 1
BASH: 1
SNEAK: 1
LIKE: 1
WHT PHIL: 1
RED PHIL: 1
BLU PHIL: 3
GRN PHIL: 1
BLK PHIL: 1
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Remiel

Phaia, I love it.  A character who talks about herself exclusively in third person is just what we need. XD

Okay, so we have:

Thug: Tink Bigknickers (Transgirlenstein)
Criminal: The Mouse (Phaia)
Trickamancer: Lush Windbag (Sinera)
Boomamancer: (Cassiopeia?)
Spookamancer: (Darkpoet?)
Godamancer: (Myobi?)

I think we're all set.  I'll get a profile going soon, and then hopefully we can get started this weekend.

Phaia

"himself...HIMSELF...the mouse is in disguise see...the mouse is a male...the mouse has that hangy thing between the thighs...yeaaa that hangy thing...the mouse is not a princess err female..."

Phaia

Darkpoet

I haven't had much time to work on him yet, as I've had to do that pesky real-world work nonsense, but here is the basic idea I have behind him.

Name: Edmund Sullen
Species: Half-Human, half-horribly dark secret (Like a human, but more ‘vast’ and ‘mysterious’)
Sex: Male-ish

SNEAK:1
LIKE:1
BLU PHIL:1
GRN PHIL:1
BLK PHIL:3

History: Edmund Sullen was just a normal boy from the booming town of Backstory, a town with a port that traded items in exchange for money. Edmund was a normal boy with a horrible, dark secret that no one else could have possibly known (When others found out, Edmund was highly chagrined).  Much to his chagrin, Edmund spent the first 130 or so years of his life at the “Philosophy Academy for Young, Chagrined boys,” Finally graduating after neither student, teacher, nor random passerby could put up with his constant insistence that he is “the greatest Spookamancer that had ever lived, ever,” Edmund decided to move to Chagrinsberg to start a new life. He quickly fell for the love of his life, the ever-gorgeous, Cassibellaunus. He spent most of his time at Chagrinsberg following Cassibella; he learned her schedule so well that he once made various patches of grass along her walk home die in an effort to impress her. She was not impressed with him, as he had forgotten to sign his name in the dead patch that he had left to replace her rose garden. It is so easy to get wrapped up in one's Spookamancy that it is easy to forget the simpler things, especially with a secret as dark, mysterious, and unfathomable as Edmund's.  He made no further moves to impress her after his initial failure, but has since stalked her to Town City.

Physically, Edmund stands very humanly at a completely average 6” tall, and weighing in at an absolutely normal (though a somewhat chagrinish) 130 pounds. His skin is pale, and he appears to be barely out of boyhood. When he isn’t doing things that any normal 130...er...18 year old human would do while studying at “Academies for Young Boys”, he can be found Chagrining around. Perhaps the only thing inhuman thing about Edmund, as far as anyone else knows, are his eyes. Those almond chestnuts of vaguely buttershots color, the kind of eyes that see through the personas and masks everyone shields themselves with. The kind of eyes that make others (especially girls) chagrined with drunkenness. Eyes, that, when looked directly into, make you wonder if they’re portals in to the deepest oblivion that a human girl could find herself in, rather than eyes at all. These eyes, my friends, are the types of eyes that questionably uncreative authors could spend pages talking about! That is, of course, unless he is busy spookamancing, in which case they are yellow, or possibly gold, much to his chagrin.

Item of Importance: Edmund is not complete without his “Ever-lasting Hair Gel of Uncleanliness”. When applied, it is certain to make even the cleanest of people appear to have quite disheveled, unwashed hair.  To the untrained eye, this may seem like a disadvantage, but untrained eyes belong to the unenlightened. As any trained spookamancer knows, his power only grows the more disheveled his hair appears.

Cassiopeia

Alright, so ... I am absolutely torn here between Boomamancy and Lifemancy. 

If she's a Boomamancer I'd like her to be a bit of a hot head/temperamental, as an added bonus her powers would be ruled and controlled by her emotions so let's say her boyfriend cheated on her, it would be entirely within the realm of possibility that things ... or people <.< ... would spontaneously combust.  If she were startled or excited things may very well just start going boom.  And maybe at some point she might get a cold and every time she sneezes, well people would know to run for cover.  She doesn't have a full handle on her powers, mostly because she lets her emotions run away with her.

If she'd be a Lifemancer I think something along the lines of a free lovin' hippy chick would be the way to go.  All about peace and nature ... and nudity whenever possible (and sometimes when not  ;D)  She'd be ever the optimist, finding a silver lining to every cloud, slipping wreaths of flowers over people's heads occasionally, cuddling and loving every critter she comes across whether they seem amicable to the idea or not.

I'm really having a hard time deciding which would be more fun and which would add a better dynamic to the group.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Remiel

Quote from: Phaia on January 27, 2010, 02:03:42 AM
"himself...HIMSELF...the mouse is in disguise see...the mouse is a male...the mouse has that hangy thing between the thighs...yeaaa that hangy thing...the mouse is not a princess err female..."

Phaia

:o My apologies!

Remiel

QuoteI'm really having a hard time deciding which would be more fun and which would add a better dynamic to the group.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Hrm...they both have potential.  As both slots are currently open, it's really up to you.   As Myobi is apparently our group's healer, I would be slightly more inclined toward having the mystical powers of nature sit up and beg like an attention-starved puppy...

...but it's really your call. ;)

Also, Darkpoet, love the profile.  I can see Edmund writing angsty poetry in the sombre moonlight while the rest of the group is getting its asses kicked.  "Hey, Edmund, a little help over here?"  "In a moment, I'm not quite through with this quatrain.  Hrmmm...now what rhymes with 'oblivion'?"

Darkpoet

Quote from: Remiel on January 27, 2010, 07:46:54 PM

Also, Darkpoet, love the profile.  I can see Edmund writing angsty poetry in the sombre moonlight while the rest of the group is getting its asses kicked.  "Hey, Edmund, a little help over here?"  "In a moment, I'm not quite through with this quatrain.  Hrmmm...now what rhymes with 'oblivion'?"

That reminds me of a scene from The Gamers 2 where the party's bard is using inspire courage, and the rest of the party says "Help?" and the bard says, "I AM."  Also, rather similar to some of the antics I had in mind when I was reading the description for Spookamancy.

Cassiopeia

Alright, I have decided on a peace and nudity loving Lifemancer!  ;D  Just too many interesting possibilities with that persona NOT to do it!  Now I just really need to get cracking on a profile ... *puts on shiny tin thinking cap and sits in a tree to ponder*

Remiel

All right.  At long last, here is the profile for our unlikely hero.  Sorry I've been so slow to update, I seem to have caught a nasty cold.   :-\

Name: Sir Reginald Percival Fairweather III
Species: Human
Sex: Male

History: It has been said that some are born to Greatness, some achieve it, and some have Greatness thrust upon them.  In the case of Sir Reginald Percival Fairweather the Third, a fourth and entirely unique category must be invented. 

There are two current schools of thought regarding the reputation and character of the man known as Sir Reginald Percival Fairweather the Third.  First, there is the view that Sir Reginald is the Chosen One, the Hero of Heroes, a legend in the making, a man marked by the finger of Destiny to do great things.  This is the view held solely and exclusively by Sir Reginald himself. 

The other school of thought, the one held by pretty much everyone else in the multiverse, goes something like this: Who is this nonce? What's he on about? Some sort of raving loony, if you ask me.  Prob'bly got delusions of grandeur, to hear him go on and on.  Best case, sounds like a Don Quixote complex; worse case, possibly a delusional schizophrenic.  You'd have to be mad to take him seriously.  Hey, whose turn is it to buy a round?

Sir Reginald grew up loved and adored by doting parents, both of whom were local lords in the country of his birth.  He had a warm and happy childhood, with an unfortunate lack of any sort of dire tragic past which is the prerequisite necessity for any kind of heroic backstory.  His parents were not betrayed by a treacherous advisor, grand vizier, lord chamberlain, or otherwise; nor were they slain by a marauding barbarian overlord.  In fact, they're both still alive and well and living quite happily in Medievalsburg.   They're retired, and wish that Sir Reginald would write more.  This sort of thing can be a serious handicap for an aspiring hero.

He also had another sizeable disadvantage for anyone of a heroic disposition to overcome, and that was that he, quite simply, wasn't ever really good at anything.  At all.  He had no natural talents, as far as anyone could see.  When given any sort of weapon, he tended to pose more a danger to himself than to his opponent; as for stealth, he had about the same amount of natural grace and agility as a one-legged rhinoceros.   His one saving grace was that he generally tended to get along well with people, who would take pity on him and indulge his foolish fancies.

Sir Reginald seemed a bright, if lazy, child; unfortunately, he had that kind of intelligence which, while perfect for idle daydreamery, is the sort which completely fails to manifest in any sort of practical way whatsoever.  His parents, despairing of their wayward son, sent him to the Medievalsburg Academy of Philosophy; unfortunately, he proved to be just as talentless at Natural Philosophy as he had been at everything else, and dropped out after a single year of Trickamancy.

But even that did not deter him, oh no.  For he was a man with Destiny, even if it was a destiny only he could see.   He would be the Hero of Legend, the hero he had so often read about as a child.  The fate of the world was in his hands.  It was his fate to go up against the Ultimate Evil and defeat it in an epic confrontation which would forever be sung about by bards and written about by scribes until the end of time.  He was destined to be the most famous man in the world.

Now there was only one problem.  Where was the Ultimate Evil when you needed it?

Item of Importance:  His sword, Excelsior, which had been given bequeathed to him on his sixteenth birthday by his father.  There can be no doubt that it is a sword of legend,  waiting only for the opportune moment to come alive and guide him to his ultimate destiny. 

At least, that's what Sir Reginald says.  His father, if asked about the sword, will only smile nervously and mumble something about a last-minute birthday present hastily purchased from Ahmed's Discount Weaponsmithy (Slogan: When Any Piece of Metal Will Do. Honestly, sir, this poleaxe was used only once, by a little old lady, to fend off an elderly ferret.  Only three copper pieces, and that's cutting me own throat.)

LIKE: 3
WHT PHIL: 0
RED PHIL: 0
BLU PHIL: 1
GRN PHIL: 0
BLK PHIL: 0

Remiel

UPDATE:  Finally posted the profile for Sir Reginald.  Sorry to keep dragging this out, but I'd rather spend more time to prepare than jump hastily into something half-arsed.

I think I'm going to go with option C as far as the dice thing--I'll make a roll, based on your stats, so you don't have to.  As far as you're concerned, the story will be more or less freeform.  Hopefully.  This is subject to change, however.  We'll see how it goes.

So as for the party, we have

Leader?: Sir Reginald (me)
Lifeamancer: (Cassiopeia?)
Spookamancer: Edmund Sullen (Darkpoet)
Godamancer: (Myobi?)

We're missing a Boomamancer, but that's okay.  I'd like to keep the group small and manageable.  If anyone else wants to join, I'd be happy to take alternates, in case one of the players has to drop out for whatever reason.

Matthew

It does sound rather interesting, feel free to put me down as an alternate if someone needs to step out ^_^

Lyrus

TIS NEITHER RAPE NOR ABUSE
IF YOU ENJOY IT

My Ons & Offs
My Desires
Ambitious Group Roleplay!

Esoteric Myobi

Name: Harley Bent
Occupation: Godamancer...supposedly. She works on the side as the 'pious collector of donations for the Temple of Cleodotus'.
Species: Human for all she knows
Sex: Female, at least she was the last time she checked...who knows when her deity suddenly feels she would be able to better perform her duties as a male?

History: Harley had always been a rambunctious child and ran wild in the streets. Just like any other urchin, she learned the complex secrets of survival. Sharp wits, a silver tongue, and stealthy tricks...er, accidents and good fortune, were all one needed at their disposal. Being a female and small for her age, Harley relied on these skills to get through the days. Her appreciation for money grew with every passing moment as she learned how valuable it was, especially with the poor conditions that her family lived in. The chance of a lifetime seemed to arrive just when life was looking its bleakest.

A pie eating contest! The winner receives a large bag containing a thousand gold pieces, and in the meantime they get to eat all the pie they could stuff in their greedy little mouths. Blueberry, apple, pecan, pear, peach, mincemeat, pork, beef, horse, turkey, roast beef, and anything in between. It blew the mind and imagination! The amount of possibilities were endless but no one cared as long as they got a portion to eat. Unfortunately, it turned out that the meat in the pineapple-spinach-sausage pie had gone bad and the mushrooms in the apple-pecan-mushroom-liver pie were poisonous. It was a sad, sad day and many of the scampering urchins found themselves orphans.

Luckily for Harley, she happened to seek shelter from the rain in the Temple of Cleodotus and one of the priests chanced upon her. Unfortunately for Harley, she hadn't realized that receiving hospitality from the Temple meant a lifetime of service to their god. Monastery life was boring to say the least. Waking up early, chanting and reciting for hours, listening to droning lectures for a couple more hours, eating a tasteless watery gruel, and sleeping late after cleaning the spotless but enormous temple housing a ginormous statue of their deity..was just not to her taste. See, everything was tolerable - the lack of sleep, the endless boredom, even the shitty food was tolerable. But cleaning that statue every week? Nuh uh. Harley was not about to climb up fifty some feet just to clean out the guy's cavernous nostrils.

It took only a short while, or three weeks to be exact, for Harley to become familiar with her new surroundings and use them to her advantage. Sneaking out at night to walk the streets, or slipping out of line to catch up on some much needed sleep, and of course hiding spots for when the annoying windbags who called themselves priests came along searching for her. Even then, life didn't hold much of a spark for her but she soon alleviated that black hole and filled it up with various entertaining prospects.

Taking a handful of other children such as herself off to the side - now mind you, these children had all been brought up right. They were all good little children who listened to their elders and did as they were told when they were told. Not a ragged little orphan such as Harley - and taught them the ways of life. Enlightening them about how the world worked, the importance of those shiny little pieces of rock, the excitement of visiting unannounced and leaving before wearing out one's welcome, the thrill of permanently borrowing, and the sensual sensations of..er, well that was something that sadly left most of her pupils rather confused and while she tried to teach them firsthand it resulted in disaster.

Somehow, miraculously, Harley managed to attain her priesthood and received her robes after several years of torture. While she may not know it - she was so excited to finally get the hell out - she had graduated as the youngest priest ever due to the temple no longer being able to tolerate her 'making life interesting' for everyone. Gleefully skipping out of the temple, waving farewell and never planning to come back, it was with utter horror and a strange fascination that she found herself compelled to complete certain tasks! Now imagine how Harley felt when she found out that it was actually Cleodotus' whims making her go off on such ridiculous and rather pointless, endless and completely impossible quests? Furious, that's right. Damned deity was trying to put her in her place! But Harley wasn't going to have any of that, not if she could have a say in it anyway. Which of course, she didn't.

Now, Harley wanders the lands, trying hopelessly to complete at least one of the tasks that her deity had set before her and so far unable to fulfill even one. Unable to freely pursue her money grubbing ways, she's forced to stray away from her wayward path and follow the righteous one of Cleodotus. Not one to flop over belly up like a dead fish out of water, Harley has found ways around her restraints and loopholes to exploit. Doing the very minimum required of her, people who have come pleading for her help have found themselves turned away with a sniff of the nose unless they came prepared with a hefty bag of coins.

While appearing like a perfect lady as a female priest should, she keeps this facade up as well as she can until irked in any way. It is then that others are introduced to the real face underneath. Nasty, short-tempered, greedy, a spit-fire girl who knows her way around a bottle just as well as she could unman a person with her words. Exactly what you would expect from a person born and raised in the lowest and poorest section of the city. She'll come knocking on the door offering blessings, the sweetest smile on her face, only to leave the poor people penniless wearing only their boxers as she steps back out with her payment and the very same smile intact.

Item of Importance: A rather large coin sporting the head of Cleodotus on one side and his temple on the other, a deep slash runs through the face of the coin showing pure gold all the way through. This is the only coin that Harley never spends and instead she tends to take it out when her personality has 'flipped' and flips the coin idly as she goes about her 'business'. No one knows if she keeps it due to its worth or if it is actually her way of showing her spite and utter dislike bordering on hate for her deity.

WHT PHIL: 3
BLU PHIL:
GRN PHIL: 1

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Cassiopeia

Name: Amira (full legal name Agnes Amira Ashbee ... but no one knows that as it is kept under tight wraps)

Species: human

Sex: female

History: Amira, or Agnes as she was known in what she calls her "lost years", was raised by her stodgy, traditional, strict, overbearing, uptight, prudish ... *clears throat* grandmother from the age of 2 on.  Her mother passed during her birth and her father died in a tragic pie eating contest accident when she was a toddler.  Amira's grandmother was against anything and everything that could be considered fun, exciting, thrilling, pleasurable, or enjoyable, and had no qualms about pushing her beliefs onto her young granddaughter.  The crone also did not believe in showing skin of any kind unless it was one's face or hands.  Day after day she would clothe Amira in garb that covered from her neck to her shoes, making the young girl feel suffocated both in body and spirit.  To maintain her sanity she would find solace in the woods, guising her treks as berry picking.  She would strip down bare and streak through the woods, laughing in rebellion and talking to the furry woodland creatures of the evils her grandmother made her suffer.  Of course the critters agreed with her unanimously, the old bat was absolutely bonkers!

One day Amira lost track of time, as impetuous rebellious sixteen year olds often do, and her grandmother came searching for her, broom in hand to defend or punish.  When her grandmother caught sight of her prancing merrily through the thicket in the buff she screamed bloody murder.  Chasing and swatting at Amira with the broom the old battle axe proclaimed that she was a demon child, sent by the evil spirits to drive her into the grave!  Thankfully the wrinkled bag's stamina was not much and Amira escaped into the night, though completely nude and with a few broom bristles lodged in her posterior.  She ran and did not look back and by morning she came across something fascinating and wonderful!  A group of students from the Community Philosophy Academy's Lifeamancy program were out communing with nature.  Surely this was where she belonged! 

For the next four years she completely immersed herself in learning all there was to know about Lifeamancy, free expression, universal love, and happiness.  Okay, so she went a little wild ... but that's what college is for, right?!  She started going by her middle name, Amira, for she had always hated Agnes (she had been named after her crazed grandmother).  With a whole new perspective on life, and a determination to never let anyone censor her free spirit (or else!) she struck out to find where she could do the most good, wanting to ensure that everyone had the opportunity to experience freedom, bliss, and life to the fullest.  She is ever the optimist and feels it's her duty to spread her positive outlook to everyone.

Amira is a few inches taller than the average female, curvaceous yet toned (mostly from climbing trees and skinny dipping).  If she must be clothed she tends to wear scanty garments (unless of course the temperature drops), something along the lines of a loin cloth and bikini top, in natural fibers and vibrant colors.   Her honey blonde hair has hints of red in it and falls in loose waves, reaching down to her hips.  Though not necessarily the first thing you'd notice about her while she's out communing with nature au naturale, her eyes up close are her most striking feature.  Expressive, bright, and filled with adventure, oddly enough they change from blue to green, and somewhere in between, depending on the weather.

Item of Importance:  Mood ri- ... er ... Divine Ring of Aura.  The ring given her by one of her dearest Lifeamancy professors has the ability to detect the color of people's auras or if they have an aura blockage.

BLU PHIL: 1
GRN PHIL: 3

Remiel

Okay, we're just about ready.  So our group consists of:

Hero Wannabe: Sir Reginald (me)
Lifeamancer: Amira (Cassiopeia)
Spookamancer: Edmund Sullen (Darkpoet)
Godamancer: Harley Bent (Myobi)

Alternates
1. Matthew
2. Lyrus
3. Akasma

Possible NPC?
1. Inflatetress

I expect to get this show going any time now.  Really, pretty soon.  I mean it!  *Sweat drop*
In the meantime, here's some oglaf.com goodness!

Remiel

Thank you for your patience.  Your call is very important to us.  Please stand by; your call will be answered by the first available representative.

Hey, guys.  I'm really, really sorry to keep dragging my feet like this, but rest assured I have every intention of starting this game any day now.  I've got a vague plot outline sketched out, but not too detailed, because, after all, with a game like this, it is important that everyone be flexible. (And yes, inflatetress, there's a part for you in it if you want it.  We'll talk.)

Because I've decided to go with the option where I make rolls, based on your stats, I think that we should incorporate a brief header at the beginning of each post, basically to remind me in this case what you can and can't do, because I'm lazy and it'll save me the trouble of having to refer to the profile thread every time.  :P  This is what I've got so far:

[left][font=georgia][size=8pt]YOUR NAME  (Level 1 YOUR CLASS)
LIV *  BSH  *  SNK *  LIK *  WHT *  RED *  BLU *  GRN *  BLK *  XP *
[color=green]Healthy [/color] (or whatever your status is)
_________________________________________________________________________________
[/size][/font][/left]

And this is what it will look like:

_________________________________________________________________________________
Sir Reginald Percival Fairweather III  (Level 1 NOOb)
LIV 1  BSH  1  SNK 1  LIK 3  WHT 0  RED 0  BLU 1  GRN  0  BLK 0  XP 0
Healthy

If anyone wants to mess around with font / size / formatting combinations, and come up with something that looks better, be my guest.

Also,  you may have noticed the "XP" thing that wasn't there before.  What is that? Well, you can't have an rpg without some sort of X-Points, or XP as I call them, that you can earn if your character does a good job or is particularly helpful to the party in some way.  X-Points can be redeemed for valuable cash and prizes!  Well, okay, not really, but they can be used to upgrade your stats, or possibly advance your level.   If you want to upgrade your stats, you will have to use as much XP as the level of the stat that you want to raise it to.  So, for example, if your BASH is 1, and you want to raise it to a 2, it will cost you 2 XP.  If your SNEAK is 2, and you want to raise it to a 3, that will cost you 3 XP.  Or, you can save them up and, when you accumulate 5, you can turn them in to go to the next level!  What will happen then?  Well, I can't tell you--it's a secret!  But it's bound to be neat!!!

Seriously, we'll get going very soon. Thanks for hanging in there.

Cassiopeia

*is excitedly awaiting the opportunity to streak naked through the woods defeat the ultimate evil*

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait!  It'll be great to finally have a humorous RP  ;D  Just a heads up, I will likely not be able to post from Friday till Monday, but after that I should be all clear.  I hope that's not going to set anything back  :-\

Remiel

Good news! The IC thread is finally up!

Thanks for your patience, everyone.  Please continue to be patient and flexible; I've never attempted anything of this scope before, and I suspect that we'll be going through a lot of trial and error by the time we're done.  Hopefully, though, if it succeeds, it will be an adventure that will be enjoyable for everyone.

And here's the OOC thread.  Any questions, comments, or extraneous discussion which may or may not be related to the game should go here.